Two Sentences

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri's POV

 

Two weeks have passed ever since I moved in. It's been quite a routine that we don't acknowledge each other's presence in school and at home. Sometimes he would talk to me but mostly about what's going on in the apartment if something's needed or if his parents are checking in on us. I told my mom that things are going pretty well with Sehun but obviously it's not going anywhere right now. Well, we just have to be patient about it. Midterms are approaching in a few weeks or so and I'm already busy finishing up my midterm papers that are due. Better to have them done early so I could study for my exams. So far, I finished one and all I need to do is proof-read the whole thing. The one I'm currently writing is easy because it's some sort of reflection paper on a movie for Philosophy class. I watched the movie last night and I got some ideas before bed. Now, I just have to finish outlining my ideas before I go out and meet with Jungmi for our spa day. I'm kind of excited because I really need a massage. My back's been hurting quite a lot recently. Kai said I might be getting old but that's not the case at all. I'm just stressed out with all the work JMA has for me and as well as school requirements. Nonetheless, I can still manage.

 

"Do you have plans today?" I jumped a bit when Sehun popped out of nowhere.
“Uh, yeah.” I answered and like always, he just nods and leaves the room.

 

I resumed my typing and saved the file before clearing the dining table of my books. I grabbed my things and went up to my room to set them down before getting ready to go out. I texted Jungmi that I'll meet her at the spa in an hour before going in the shower. Once that was done, I dressed up and packed my things for today's schedule. I called in Mr. Choi to pick me up. It'll take him a while to get here so that gives me enough time to not forget anything. Everything in my bag, I went down to the kitchen to grab my water bottle. I went out to the living room to see Sehun coming down all dressed up.

 

"Going out too?" I asked.
"Yeah. Will be home late." He plainly said, making his way towards the front door. Soon enough, he was gone.

 

Yep. That's pretty much our interaction on a daily basis. We are rarely in the same room together save for the times when he studies in the living room and I occupy the dining room. Sometimes I watch him study because I noticed that his study habits are really good. Well, kinda expected that because I noticed too that Sehun's a really smart kid. But sometimes he has these frustrated moments where he suddenly just closes his book and goes upstairs. I often shrug it off but sometimes I'm just curious what's up. Oh well. Mr. Choi texted me that he's in the nearby intersection already so I have to go. I closed all the lights in the apartment and locked the door behind me before proceeding to go down to the lobby. Mr. Choi was just in time and soon enough I was already at the spa with Jungmi.

 

"How'd your weekend go?" She asked as we headed towards the locker area.
"Pretty okay. Finished some requirements early." I laughed. "You?"
"I did nothing!" She groaned. "I had training yesterday, right? Ugh, I was so mad! We had to do some drills with the men's football team and Mr. Export has been so annoying again." She spat, making me laugh.
"Jungmi, he likes you." I pointed out.
"Whut?" She made a disgusted face at me.
"Yuta takes all the chances he could to make you notice him. I've seen him with Johnny and Kun before, they're a quiet bunch so Yuta doing that may mean something. Go talk to him. I bet it's just a childish way of getting your attention."
"What can you expect from a man-child?" She slammed her locker door, making me jump.

 

"How about you? It's been a couple of weeks since you moved in." She asked.
"Two sentences is the current record." I smiled.
"I don't get how you put up with that? I mean, if you're gonna marry someone, get him at least to have a decent conversation with you. Two sentences max is ridiculous! You still sure you're up for this?"
"Uhm... It's only been two weeks. Besides, I really want to help my mom out. This merger will take that huge load off of her shoulder. Until I find another way to go about things, this is the only option.” I smiled.
"You're my hero, you know that? Stay strong though." She pat my back.

 

Everything aside, our spa day begun with a relaxing soak in a hot bath with a facial, then a sauna, culminated by a soothing massage. Jungmi and I got to talk a bit more a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter