Tilted

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

 

I know I’m supposed to be studying. We’re on the last leg of finals week and I have one last exam to take tomorrow with just a few more requirements to submit. After this last exam, it’s just a few days away from grades being released and my fate for graduating with high honors would be decided. I should be focusing on reviewing my notes. I should be focusing on answering the mock finals questionnaire. I should be being productive and trying to ace this last exam but no. Instead, I am sitting in front of my laptop, staring at the promo materials JMA just released that one of my friends shared on their feed.

 

It’s time to give in to the heat. SNU JMA presents Tryst: Uncensored, the midsummer night party of the decade. Try to quench your thirst as it only gets hotter as we bare it all.

 

I stared at the promo material they posted of Chaeri in a tub with Ten. A somehow almost- Ten in the tub with Chaeri whose clothes are literally almost see through. A tub. Chaeri. Ten. Hugging.

 

“Sehun?”

I immediately closed my laptop and looked up. Chaeri just arrived, coming in from the front door.

“Oh, hey. You’re home.” She smiled as she set down her bag on the couch in front of me.
“Yeah. No exams today so I’m just studying for our test tomorrow.” I told her, trying not to look sus.
“Lucky. I’m so drained after that test but we still need to review for tomorrow.” She said from the kitchen as she got her usual glass of water upon arrival.
“I haven’t had any much progress either so we can answer the mock exam together after dinner.” I offered.
“Dinner. Right. Do you just want to order from McDonald’s?” She asked.
“Sounds like a good idea.” I told her with a smile. “Go get freshened up and tell me your order. I’ll place it.” I said.
“The usual. Large everything, please.” She said as she headed to the stairs.
“Alright. Got it.” I said and waived her away to go to her room.

 

I exhaled, not realizing I was holding in a breath. I opened the lid of my laptop and it was still on the promo post. I closed the tab and went to place an order for dinner. I had the order confirmed and set my laptop on the table, switching it with my phone. I went to open my messages and texted Kyungsoo.

 

‘Hyung.’
‘???’
‘I forgot what I was going to ask 😳’
‘😠’

 

I know Kyungsoo would agree to attend the annual midsummer party of JMA because he usually asks immediately for us to buy a ticket every year once the sales open. Why does it feel weird that I’ll be the one asking first? Would it be obvious that I maybe actually probably kind of want to go this year?

 

‘They’re already selling the tickets for JMA’s party. Lucky for us, it’s at Baekhyun hyung’s club. He reserved us a VIP booth 😍’
‘Oh. Nice 🙂’

 

I sighed in relief that Kyungsoo, or Baekhyun in this case, came through and I did not even have to ask. I realized as well that I did not even pay attention and noticed the party details like the date and venue. I guess just lucky for me that it will be taking place at a venue where I don’t even have to ask questions. I scrolled through my other messages and texted Baekhyun hyung.

 

 ‘I heard from Kyungsoo 😒’
‘Heh heh surprise! It was Chanyeol’s idea. Anything to support the Mrs. 😉🤣’
’🙄ha🙄ha🙄’ 

 

“Hey, were you able to place the order? I’m starving.” I heard Chaeri come down from the stairs and I immediately hid my phone.
“Yeah!” I exclaimed.
“You okay? You seem…. fidgety.” She said as she walked over to sit on the sofa across me.
“Oh. Just had too much caffeine.” I awkwardly laughed and she just nodded.

 

As if to save me from a moment of awkward silence, the intercom rang and I immediately stood up to get it. She didn’t take notice of my abrupt springing to action since I guess she’s expecting that it should be dinner. It was. I told the reception to let the delivery come up to our floor so we could receive it. Chaeri walked over and gave me the payment for her food which was the usual set up whenever we order in. The food arrived in no time and I set the orders on the table, checking if they’re complete.

 

“You should get off the caffeine. Let’s switch.” Chaeri said as she noticed I ordered a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter