Cloud

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeri’s POV

 

The afternoon visit to my mom was something that I really needed. Seeing my mom after a while is always a good reset from any kind of bad or stressful feelings I’ve been having. I know our circumstance isn’t easy but I’m really thankful to have a great relationship with her. I’m also happy that somehow, that relationship has also been extended to Sehun. We both said goodbye to my mom with her giving the both of us a very loving hug. I could sense the relief in Sehun’s mind when no talk about our arrangement was ever brought up and I’m glad he actually enjoyed today’s visit to my mom. It’s been a first ever since the day of announcement months ago.

 

“Thanks for coming with me today.” I told him.
“It’s nothing.” He smiled.
“I think my mom really likes you.” I said, only to catch myself immediately. Kwon Chaeri, you’re not supposed to be saying it like that!
“I mean. Like how she likes Jungmi as my friend. You know. Not cause of anything else.” I laughed awkwardly. That wasn’t a good save at all.
“It’s okay.” He chuckled. “Your mom’s really nice.” He added and I just gave him a small smile as to not embarrass myself further. Not smooth, Chaeri.

 

The silence of the drive rolled back in as Sehun started to drive towards our next destination which would be his parents’ place. It wasn’t an awkward silence. It felt comfortable. I spent most of the drive looking out the window, taking in the view of the buildings we passed by save for the occasional glances towards my phone whenever a message pops out. Kai’s been checking up on me since I told him that Sehun and I are doing rounds with our parents and I’ve been keeping him posted. A couple minutes passed and we arrived at the Seongbukdong area. I don’t really know where Sehun really lived save from the place we currently share. We arrived at a cluster of houses, passing by each one until Sehun stopped and opened a garage to park in. I guess this is the place. He helped me carry the gifts I brought home for his parents and made our way to the front door.

 

“Let me just open the door.” He said, getting the keys from his pockets and unlocking the front door. The moment he did, a very lively cloud came barking and running circles around us. I crouched down to greet the cloud as Sehun did the same.
“Easy, girl.” He said, hugging the cloud as it continued to bark and give him many kisses.
“Cloud.” I grinned, petting the cloud and earning as many kisses as well.
“Her name’s Vivi.” Sehun said and the cloud barked in response.

 

“Sehun, dear? Are you home?” We heard a lady’s voice call out from upstairs. It’s probably his mom.
“Yes, mom. We’re here!” He responded. “Vivi just gave it away. Didn’t you, girl? Always so excited to see me, huh?” He cooed, fluffing her fluffy fluff as she violently wagged her tail in happiness. Cute.
“You didn’t tell me you were coming by, dear. An unexpected surprise too.” His mom smiled at us once she was down the stairs.

“Go play, Vivi.” Sehun gave cloud a final hug and she ran off to play around the house.

“Such a lovely surprise to see you today, Sehun. And with Chaeri too.” She smiled.
“Good afternoon Mrs. Oh.” I greeted greeted with a bow.
“No need to be so formal, darling. Aunty would do perfect.” She smiled, before proceeding to greet me with a hug before turning to Sehun and giving him a hug as well.

 

“So! What brings you two to visit?” She asked.
“Oh. Chaeri just came from a trip. She wanted to give you her presents personally.” Sehun said, lifting up the bag of gifts he was carrying earlier.
“That’s so thoughtful of you, Chaeri. Thank you.” She smiled at me.
“I hope you and Mr. Oh would like them, Aunty.” I said, returning the smile.
“I bet they’re lovely gifts.” She said. “Come. Let’s go sit. I hope you two can stay for dinner.” She invited.
“Don’t worry though. It’s just going to be the three of us. Your dad would be away for the weekend to handle some exporting issues.” She added and Sehun gave a smile of what I think was relief.
“If Chaeri would be alright with it.” He said and I nodded.
“Dinner would be lovely, Aunty.” I said, making her clap in delight.
 

We all went to the living room to wait for a bit since dinner wouldn’t be ready for the next thirty minutes. We spent the time waiting, opening the gifts I had brought over for Sehun’s parents.

“Sehun, dear. Would you bringing these to our room?” Aunty asked as she tidied up neatly the items back in the big bag that carried them.
“Also, I think Vivi would love it if you would be the one to feed her tonight.” She chuckled as cloud started jumping around and barking loudly.

Sehun nodded on his mom’s request, standing up to get the bag of gifts to be carried somewhere else.

“Alright. Let’s go Vivi!” Sehun said as he carried the bag over his shoulder with cloud happily trailing behind him.

 

“Now that he’s out and busy. I’d like to take this opportunity to talk to you, Chaeri.” Aunty said as she faced me with a smile.
“Huh?” I looked at her, a bit confused. She took my hands in hers and sighed.

“I don’t think I have been able to talk to you properly ever since the announcement. I know all of this hasn’t been easy for the both of you to take in but I hope Sehun’s been treating you with kindness despite this whole situation. I know he hasn’t been very accepting of this arrangement and I would understand where he’s coming from as his mother. But despite that, I don’t think I was even able to even ask about your side on this. I’m sorry for that.” She said, sighing as she looked down on her hands.

“Nothing to be sorry about Mrs. Oh. To be frank, with how he reacted during the announcement, I didn’t expect we’d get along eventually.” I told her.

“Sehun’s been nice.” I said which made her smile. “I know this situation isn’t ideal. Ever since dad’s passing, this whole merger has been his legacy. I just feel like it’s my duty as his daughter to fulfill that. I don’t know if this would be the best way to go about it but fulfilling dad’s and Mr. Oh’s promise to each other is just my way to honor him.” I said.

“Oh Seokhun and your father have been really great friends ever since they were young. Ever since your father’s passing, Seokhun was so determined to honor Kwon Minjun in every way possible. During his lowest, Minjun was there to support and keep all of us afloat. If it weren’t for your father, we wouldn’t have what we have right now. We couldn’t thank the Kwon family enough for everything you have done for us. As a woman and a mother, I know how difficult it must’ve be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter