The Good Kind of Weird

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

 

It was Thursday night and I got home ahead of Chaeri. If I remember clearly, she's usually home late during Thursdays for some reason. I grabbed dinner on the way home and ate while catching up on some series I missed out the past weeks. Midterms is the week after next week and Chaeri was kind enough to give me some reviewers and copies of her notes without me asking. She's been a lot of help to me and I've been thinking a lot about what Suho told me the other day; I really am being unfair to her. She's been nothing but kind to me and all I did was push her away. I know I'm not all for this marriage thing but I have no choice right now and the least I can do is to be nice to her. It also took me a while to realize that she's not happy with this at all so we're kind of in the same page. I'm planning on actually talking to her about all of this and actually apologize for acting so hostile towards her for the past weeks. I just have to wait for the right window to talk.

 

I decided to start reading up on the classes I struggled with lately while having my marathon. I was on my second episode when I heard the door click and the voice I was expecting resonated from the front door. I peeked and saw Chaeri walking in and closing the door behind her.

"Do I really have to?" She said, walking towards the living room. My gaze followed her as she entered the kitchen, doing her usual routine of getting a glass of water upon arrival.
"Hmm. Well, I guess I can't say no to them." She sighed. "Fine. I'll be there in fifteen. I'll just go freshen up." Her voice continued to disappear as she went her way up to her room.

 

I guess tonight won't be the window. I resumed with what I was doing earlier and Chaeri came back down, carrying a smaller bag with her.

"Going out?" I asked and she nodded. I gave her a smile and she smiled back before making her way out of our apartment.
"Well, now's really out the window." I said to myself as I packed up my things and just decided to relax and continue watching.

 

Two hours passed and Chaeri hasn't come back yet. I'm not planning on waiting up considering I still have class tomorrow morning. I turned off the TV and went up to my room to call it a night. I checked my phone for any text messages and most of them were pretty much from my hyungs who were asking about my current activities. Sometimes it to be the youngest in the group that even the smallest of things, they ask if I'm okay or not getting into trouble. I replied to Suho hyung who was probably the only one who I could tell anything to without him being so pushy. I told him that I'll apologize to Chaeri and that he was right. He immediately responded with a smiley face, indicating pretty much 'thanks for acknowledging that I am correct again' and 'I'm proud of you'. I scrolled through the rest and found one message from Irene.

 

'Hey, Sehun! Thanks for going to my thesis launch and as well as helping me a while ago! Means a lot! :) Also, thanks for the surprise flowers!'

 

I smiled to myself, happy and satisfied that I did something for the girl I like and that she appreciated it even if it was a small gesture. In time, Sehun. I sent her a quick but short reply and went to bed a happy man.

 

The following morning, I woke up to my alarm; the last of it. I was going to be late. I scrambled out of my bed and ran to the bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush and multi-tasked in the shower. I finished my quick shower and grabbed some clothes to wear and as well as clothes to bring for practice tonight. I stuffed everything in my gym bag and grabbed my backpack on the way out. I saw Chaeri eating breakfast casually, giving me a confused face.

 

"Good morning?" She said.
"Hey." I said, fixing my things on the table as quickly as possible.
"You okay?" She asked.
"I'm late. We're late." I told her and she scrunched her eyebrow.
"We don't have class, Sehun." She chuckled. "Our beadle texted us last night. Free period.” She grinned.
"Ohh." I relaxed my shoulders and dropped my bags on the floor. I took out my phone and saw the message from our beadle. Ohh.

 

She chuckled lightly as she finished her breakfast and cleaned up in the kitchen. She gave me a small smile as she passed me by, grabbing her things from one of the couches.

"I'll go ahead." She told me and I nodded.

I panicked for no reason. Nice.

 

I placed my things on the couch and decided to grab breakfast before heading to school. I still have more than two hours before my next one for today so I guess I have time.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter