Chapter 4

Because You're My...

 

 

“Woohyun hyung…”

 

Woohyun startled when someone calls his name excitedly at the same time an arm thrown around his shoulder. He turns around just to meet with Myungsoo’s happy face just an inch from him. Woohyun smiles as he back away slightly, making sure no gossip would surround them.

 

“Myungsoo-shi, annyeong.” He nods his head as a short bow.

 

Myungsoo pouts. “Woohyun hyung, I told you to quit with the -shi. Just call me Myungsoo.”

 

Woohyun chuckles as he scratch his hair. “Sorry.”

 

Myungsoo chuckles back as he pulls Woohyun to continue their walking, further into the company building.

 

“You’re late today. Shouldn’t you start at 9?” Myungsoo asks, pulling Woohyun closer around his shoulder.

 

“Ah, yes. I have something to do…” Woohyun put a hand on top of Myungsoo’s hand on his shoulder and slowly pulling it away. “Sorry,” he says apologetically seeing the dumbfounded look on the younger’s face.

 

Myungsoo grins, obviously didn’t mind the gesture. “Sorry, I’m rude, am I?”

 

“No. No.” Woohyun quickly shakes his head, his feet stop moving, so does Myungsoo. “I don’t mind. In fact, I kind of a touchy person myself. It just…”

 

“We’re not close?” Myungsoo guess. “Never mind, we can grow closer with time.”

 

Woohyun just smiles uncertainty. They continue walking to the lift, ignoring the curious glance by the staff they walk pass by. Myungsoo just smile, putting his celebrity mode in full volume while Woohyun smile bashfully. He unconsciously touch his left shoulder to make sure it still there and didn’t break by Myungsoo’s strength.

 

“Are you still working at the convenience store?”


“Of course I am, just like Sungyeol still working at the café.” He lowered his hand to his side, glad that the shoulder still in contact. 

 

“Aren’t you tired? I understand Sungyeol still work since he doesn’t have much to do here but you come every day. It must be hard to come to training then go to work.”

 

Woohyun smiles. “I’m used to it. I used to do work much more time consuming and harder than this,”

 

“Wow.” Myungsoo gape. “You’re hardworking, hyung. I really respect you.”

 

Woohyun can only smiles shyly, didn’t know what to say. A voice of someone from behind save him from thinking of a new topic to make the conversation going but as soon as he turns around, his smile wipe out of his face and his heart beating louder in his chest.

 

“Good morning, Dongwoo hyung. Good morning Sunggyu hyung,” Myungsoo says, bowing his head as a greeting.

 

Woohyun bows his head too and mumbles a greeting, quickly avoiding Sunggyu’s glare and thank whatever Devine up there for opening the lift at the perfect time. They enter the lift, the four of them. Woohyun and Myungsoo stand at the back while Sungyeol and Dongwoo near the door.

 

“Ah, you’re from Sabuk, right?” Myungsoo start talking to the man beside him. “I guess Sungyeol want to go back to Sabuk to visit his family,”

 

“Huh? What?” Woohyun asks. “He went to Sabuk?”

 

Myungsoo shakes his head. “When we were shooting at Gohan, he keep asking if he had free time. He just need an hour to go to Sabuk.”

 

Woohyun gape at the young actor. He open his mouth to ask further but he is too shock to say a word and the close proximity with Sunggyu make his mind blurry.

 

“But he can’t go though. The staff won’t let him,” Myungsoo added.

 

Woohyun didn’t know he held in his breath until he let it out, relief. “That kid. I warn him to not going.”

 

Myungsoo tilted his head. “Huh? Why? He want to visit his family, right? Why won’t you let him?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “Ah…I don’t think it was enough time to meet the family if it just for an hour.”

 

That grabs Dongwoo’s attention as the man turns around facing them, startling the two men at the back. “If not family, did he want to visit a girlfriend?”

 

“Girlfriend?” Myungsoo asks, looking at Woohyun.

 

The shorter man quickly shakes his head. “No, not girlfriend. Sungyeol doesn’t have one right now. Don’t worry,”

 

“Are you telling the truth?” Dongwoo ask sternly.

 

“Yea…yeah.” Woohyun nods. The lift make a sound and the door opens to Woohyun’s floor. “Ex…excuse me, I should go now.” He bows and make a run to get out of the vehicle. He thank the Devine for the second time for the perfectly timing.

 

Or not.

 

“Woohyun hyung,” Myungsoo calls as he push the open button to stop the door from closing. “Don’t forget tonight.”

 

Woohyun nods his head uncertainty. He caught Sunggyu’s eyes on him and he quickly bowed ninety degrees, until the door finally closed that he dare to straightens his body.

 

“What about tonight?” Dongwoo asks.

 

“Ah…we are planning to go out for a drink,” Myungsoo replies, brushing his hair sheepishly.

 

“Just the two of you?”

 

“No, of course not. We’re going with other friends,”

 

“And that friends is…?”

 

“Sungyeol and Hoya hyung,”

 

“Oh…” Dongwoo says, then he nods his approval.

 

The door ding again and the three of them step out of the lift, Sunggyu turn to the left while Myungsoo bows to them before he went to the right. But before Myungsoo can move his foot, Sunggyu calls him.

 

“Can I come too?” he asks.

 

“Huh? Huh? You want to come?” Myungsoo asks, not sure if he heard him clear.

 

“Yeah, I want to join you guys. I will buy.”

 

Myungsoo smile widely. “Of course.” Then he quickly add. “Ah, not about you buy or not. But everyone must be happy to have you join us, Sunggyu hyung,”

 

Sunggyu smirk. “Message me the time and place.” Then he turns around and continue walking.

 

“Yah, how dare you make an appointment without consulting me first,” Dongwoo nags.

 

“You can come too if you want,”

 

“Not that. You have a radio show tonight,” Dongwoo reminds him.

 

“We can go after the radio show,”

 

“But you have an early schedule tomorrow.”

 

Sunggyu ignore his manager. He can’t wait for tonight. He never got the chance before but he really like to meet Woohyun’s friends. He had heard about Sungyeol when they’re still dating but he didn’t remember Woohyun ever mention someone name Hoya. From the profile he had read a few days back, Hoya came from Sabuk as well and in the same age as Woohyun. So they might know each other since school. May be he was one of his junior as well?

 

-----------

 

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asks worriedly. “What did the doctor said?”

 

Woohyun put his right hand on his left shoulder as he twist the shoulder a little. “It’s okay, I guess?”

 

“You guess?” Hoya barked. “You look painful when I met you after practise,”

 

“What did the doctor said?” Sungyeol repeated his question.

 

“The usual, taking care of the shoulder more, don’t move too hard, don’t lift heavy things.” He lowered his hand on his lap. “I can’t feel my shoulder. It still numb from the medicine.”

 

Hoya who sits at his left side pat Woohyun’s shoulder to prove his word. Woohyun ignore him as if he doesn’t feel anything. Sungyeol look at Hoya then at Woohyun.

 

“Did you do any heavy dance step today?” Sungyeol asks.

 

Woohyun shakes his head, doesn’t want his friends to worry. But before he can answer, the door to the private room open from outside. They turns their head to welcome Myungsoo and his guest. The three friends stay frozen in their seat at seeing Dongwoo and Sunggyu, and the unusual Lee Sungjong behind Myungsoo.

 

The three men stand up and greets the newcomer, saying hello, bowing down, shaking hands, introducing themselves. They get to their seat. The VIP room in the club Myungsoo get for them has a U shape sofa with a long table in the middle. As the oldest between them and the position he is in, Sunggyu sits at the centre of the U shape sofa, Myungsoo follows after him and Sungyeol sits beside him. Sunggyu other side is Sungjong, then Hoya then Woohyun. Dongwoo left them for a while to buy drinks before he sit beside Woohyun.

 

They talk and drink their alcohol. Dongwoo keep reminding Sunggyu to tone down since he will have an early schedule tomorrow.

 

“I’m surprise you are here too, Sunggyu-shi, Sungjong-shi,” Hoya says.

 

“Yeah. It should be just us four at first but when Myungsoo said he has other guests as well, we never could imagine it would be the two of you,” Sungyeol says.

 

“What that was supposed to mean?” Sungjong whine.

 

“Uh, sorry. Don’t get us wrong,” Sungyeol quickly says.

 

“It just the two of you are top stars while we are just nobody,” Hoya explain then he glance at his taller friend. “Except Sungyeol. Sungyeol is an actor now but Woohyun and I are still a trainee.”

 

Sungjong chuckles. “Don’t worry too much. We started as a trainee too. You should be happy to get to mingle with a senior artist. Just like me.” He pointed to the man beside him. “I was ecstatic when Sunggyu hyung reach out to me first, he had helped me a lot before I debut,”

 

“I didn’t know how Sungjong is here as well. Sunggyu hyung ask to join when he heard I told Woohyun hyung this morning,” Myungsoo says.

 

“It means making connection, connection,” Sungjong says.

 

“Yeah, right. You just want a free drink from Sunggyu hyung,” Myungsoo tease. “When are you coming back from Busan anyway?”

 

“I just arrived at the company and saw Sunggyu hyung leaving. I went to say hello and hyung said he was just done his radio show and on his way out drinking with you. So I tag along,” Sungjong grins as he turns to Sunggyu for support.

 

Sunggyu just laugh and brush him of, earning a laugh from Hoya and Sungyeol as well. Sunggyu has his eyes locked on Woohyun all the time. It was fortunate Woohyun sits beside Dongwoo. If anyone feels it strange and pop up a question, he can just tell them he keep an eye on his manager. Woohyun didn’t drink much. In fact, he drink lesser than Sunggyu himself. He keep a conversation with Dongwoo and Hoya, and rarely look at him.

 

It make Sunggyu pissed. He is not jealous, mind you. He was just…he want to talk to Woohyun too. He want Woohyun to look at him too.

 

“Woohyun,” he calls. The other look at him, finally. “Are you scared of me?”

 

“What? No. No,” Woohyun stuttered.

 

“Then why are you so far away?”

 

“Right, Woohyun hyung,” Myungsoo says. “You should talk with Sunggyu hyung. Come sit here.” He pats the space between him and Sunggyu.

 

Woohyun gulp his saliva as he look at Myungsoo then at Sunggyu. The singer glare at him from behind his glass. Sungyeol and Myungsoo scoot over to give room for Woohyun to sit. Dongwoo urged him to go keep Sunggyu company. You shouldn’t be rude to your label’s artist, moreover he is the top singer in the country and pay for your drink.

 

Without having much to refuse, Woohyun stands up and went to the seat they give for him. Woohyun make sure he sits precisely at the middle, not too close to Sunggyu nor to Myungsoo. Sunggyu pick up a bottle to pour a drink for Woohyun then to his own glass. They make a toast but Woohyun put down his glass while Sunggyu drink his.

 

“Huh? You didn’t drink?” Sunggyu asks.

 

“I’m sorry, Sunggyu-shi. I can’t drink,” he replies politely.

 

Sunggyu frowns, both from the fact and the way Woohyun still refuse to call him hyung

 

“Oh, sorry, Sunggyu-shi,” Hoya says, pulling the singers to face him. “Woohyun is a light drinker. He can’t drink too much,”

 

“Ah…” Sungjong says. “It’s a shame. I thought we can get drunk tonight,”

 

“You’re a light drinker yourself,” Sunggyu .

 

“Aww…hyung, don’t sell me off to them,” Sungjong whine as he hit Sunggyu on his arm.

 

Woohyun lowered his head, unable to see their close interaction. He ask himself why and how he got here in the first place.

 

Ah, yeah, right. Myungsoo invited them to a drink. Myungsoo is a rising actor. He know Sungyeol since they both in the acting department. Myungsoo get into Infinite earlier than Sungyeol, hence he got a role first. They are friends. Myungsoo didn’t ashamed to say Sungyeol is his best friend in the company. Unlike Myungsoo who had his roles as second lead and main character, Sungyeol got a lot of supporting character jobs. His recent gig is a supporting character in Myungsoo’s main character drama. That’s why they went to Gohan together the other day.

 

Befriending Sungyeol means befriending his other friends as well. Sungyeol introduce Myungsoo to Woohyun and Hoya when they met at the company. That’s how they be friend, even though not as close as Myungsoo and Sungyeol. They go out sometimes, to eat or to drink, just the four of them. This is the first Myungsoo bring other people into their gathering.

 

Woohyun can’t blame Myungsoo even though he really want to.

 

It was just his luck Myungsoo had to remind Woohyun of their plan in the vicinity of Sunggyu. Now the elder want to join in too. For what reason, Woohyun didn’t know but he can guess.

 

Woohyun sighs. He really want to get out of this place. He didn’t plan to spend the off day from the convenience store to be with Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu eyed the younger with a smirk. Is he jealous? Since Sungjong and him teasing each other, he realize Woohyun had grown quieter and didn’t look at him, or them. He must be jealous of the close relation between the singers, right?

 

“Woohyun hyung, why are you so quiet?” Myungsoo ask, throwing his arm around Woohyun’s left shoulder.

 

Woohyun tense. Hoya and Sungyeol quickly look at their friend, alarmed. Sunggyu quirk his eyebrow. Even in the dim light of the VIP room, he can see Woohyun crunching face. That is not a face of a startled or an uncomfortable. It was a face of shock and…in pain?

 

Sungyeol quickly pulls Myungsoo’s hand away. “You should keep your octopus hand from Woohyun. You surprise him.”

 

Myungsoo look at Sungyeol then at Woohyun. “I’m…I’m sorry, Woohyun hyung.”

 

Woohyun lift up his head to look at the actor, shaking his head with a smile on his face. “It’s okay. You surprise me, that’s all,”

 

“You don’t like touchy touchy, Woohyun hyung? Oh, I can call you hyung, right?” Sungjong asks.

 

Woohyun look at him. “If it fine with you, whichever you comfortable to call me with. And to your other question…” He peek at Sunggyu slightly. “It’s fine. I’m just surprise.”

 

Sungjong nods. “I don’t like touchy touchy too. I hate them actually.” He glare at the actor beside Woohyun. “But Myungsoo hyung can’t keep his hands to himself. He likes to touch people.”

 

Myungsoo pouts, then he look at Woohyun. “I’m really sorry. You know what, I will buy the next round. Is soda okay with you?” Then he stand up and left the room.

 

Woohyun sighs, unconsciously touching his left shoulder where Myungsoo had put his hand over just now. Sungyeol scoot closer to reach for a snack near Sungjong. He lean closer to Woohyun’s ear.

 

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol whispers.

 

“It’s hurt a little,” Woohyun whispers back.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen. Woohyun pats his lap to assure him he shouldn’t think too much. Sungyeol turns to look at Hoya as the two friends talk with their eyes in the dim room.

 

I think the medication wear off.

 

Should we left?

 

No.

 

The two friends look at Woohyun.

 

If we left now, it will cause suspicion. I’ll be fine.

 

But Woohyun…

 

You were in the most pain after the medication wear off.

 

I really hate it when they give you the shot to make your shoulder numb.

 

I’ll be fine. He look at his friends one after the other. Just stop talking. They are watching.

 

Dumb mistake. Both Hoya and Sungyeol turns around just to see Sunggyu, Sungjong and Dongwoo are looking at the three of them weirdly. Sungyeol grab a handful of snack and throw them into his mouth. Hoya turns to Dongwoo to continue their talk.

 

“You guys…” Sungjong started. “Are you guys talking telepathy?”

 

“Yeah. Want to try?” Woohyun grins.

 

“What? Really? You can do that?” Sungjong jump in his seat, excited.

 

“Not really.” Woohyun laughs, trying to forget the slowly greater pain. “We’re playing eye fight,”

 

“What…?” Sungjong whine, then he pouts realizing he was tricked.

 

“Sungjong-shi,” Hoya calls, earning the attention of the young singer. “How the dance for your next song? How hard it is?”

 

Sungjong tilted his head. “Easier than Heartthrob,”

 

“Uh…then…” Hoya glance at Woohyun. “I know this sound rude but can you take Woohyun to join in the dance for the next song?”

 

“What?” Sungjong and Dongwoo half shout.

 

“No.” Sunggyu says.

 

“Hoya…” Woohyun face palmed.

 

Sungyeol look at the other men one by one, blinking his eyes by the different voices at the same time.

 

“What do you mean take Woohyun hyung to join me?” Sungjong turns to the other singer. “You didn’t pick him, Sunggyu hyung?”

 

“I didn’t,” Sunggyu replies calmly sipping his drink.

 

“Why?” Sungjong grab Sunggyu’s arm. “I can’t get Woohyun hyung because they said you had choose him first. Now he didn’t go to your team, he can’t come to mine either,”

 

“Huh? Why?” Hoya asks, didn’t understand. “I know Woohyun can’t go to yours because you have to swipe him to someone else you already picked. But is there no any other choice? Maybe create a seven dancer team?”

 

Sungjong pouts as he shakes his head. “I can’t and I don’t know why.” He glare at the elder singer.

 

“I’m really sorry, Hoya. But this is something the management have a say.” Dongwoo response, looking at the topic of their talk. “Are you okay, Woohyun? Are you sad you’re not neither in Sunggyu hyung’s team nor Sungjong’s team?”

 

“I…I’m fine.” Woohyun replies then glaring at his friend. “Hoya just feels bad leaving me by myself while he has a team now,”

 

“Yeah, right. I just left for a day and look what happen to you,” Hoya says, felling a little hurt by the accusation.

 

“Huh? What? What happen?” Sungyeol and Sungjong asks.

 

Sunggyu quirk his eyebrow, waiting for the man to answer. Dongwoo look at Woohyun then at Sunggyu then at Woohyun.

 

“Nothing. I was late to practise and they make me clean up the room all by myself.” Woohyun shrugged, dropping the fact how the dance step today was hard. If it was any other day, Woohyun can nailed it without a flinch, but since it was today, the day he had an appointment with the doctor, it prove hard even to the best dancer like him.

 

“Are you…” Sungyeol scan Woohyun up and down his body, oblivious to Sunggyu’s angry and jealous glare.

 

“I’m fine.” Woohyun smiles, patting Sungyeol lap. Don’t start.

 

Sunggyu clear his throat, breaking Woohyun and Sungyeol’s eye talk. “We talk to the management. We’re preparing Woohyun to debut.”

 

“What?” All men shout at him, except Dongwoo.

 

“Really? Woohyun will be a singer?” Hoya asks excitedly.

 

“Wow, this is great. What genre will you do? Your voice is sweet, suitable for a ballad but I want to hear you sings rock too,” Sungjong says.

 

“Sunggyu hyung…” Woohyun says through gritted teeth.

 

“We really should go back to Sabuk,” Sungyeol says, frightens mix with anxious.

 

Sunggyu quirk his eyebrow. He was smiling when he caught Woohyun say Sunggyu hyung but they quickly wipe out of his face when he heard Sungyeol said about Sabuk, their hometown. Moreover, the tone of Sungyeol’s voice is not a nice good one. He sound worried? Dumbfounded? Feeling at the dead end? Searching for a solution?

 

Sunggyu not sure.

 

“Sorry I’m late. Got caught with the fans,” Myungsoo announce his arrival with a tray of drinks. He stood frozen at the door when the men turns to look at him with mixes expression. “Uh…did I miss something?”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

Infinite gathering. It’s fun to write all Infinite members together. No matter what, they are a family, and always be. But…another members are leaving. *sigh*. I saw this coming and actually I kind of hope they will leave and build their own label. Now what worries me is Sungyeol and Dongwoo didn’t say if they are still in Infinite, unlike Myungsoo and Sunggyu. Are they following after MyungGyu or Hoya? Leaving just Woollim or leaving both?

 

And it’s fun to write the telepathy things too. Hahaha. It may be confusing but I think using their favourite colour is better than using random colours.

Woohyun

Sungyeol

Hoya