Chapter 20

Because You're My...

 

“Ice? Are you trying to kill me?” Myungsoo shouts at his manager as he shove the iced Americano back to his hands.

 

“Sorry, Myungsoo-shi. I will get you a new one,” Minho bows and quickly left to change the drink to a more suitable drink for an autumn air.

 

Myungsoo huff annoyingly as he continue reading the script in hand. After the success of the previous drama, he was offered tons of dramas as a lead. He is reading the offered drama scripts in one of the empty rooms in the company. The room has a long rectangle table with six chairs, a white board at one side with a long full length mirror beside it. There are five scripts on the table, minus one script in Myungsoo’s hands, waiting to be read and chosen as his next project.

 

Myungsoo is not rushing. He thought of wanting a short break before he start busying with a new drama. One drama will start the first script reading in two weeks. One drama need him to start a horseback training in a week for a month. One drama is more laidback and will cater for his schedule but the script is weak to his liking.

 

Myungsoo sighs. He just read four scripts and so far none taken his interest yet. The one in his hands had an interesting plot but the dialogues seems off and blurry. He is sure the audience will stop watching no matter how good the story is. Myungsoo glance at the one lonely book beside the other four, hoping it will be worth his time. He start picking up where he had left reading the script when the door open again. Myungsoo ignores the intruder, guessing it is his intern manager.

 

The other person pulls a chair opposite of him and lowered his bottom on the seat, earning Myungsoo’s attention right away.

 

“Sungyeol!” Myungsoo says, grinning.

 

“Hey,” Sungyeol smiles back, showing his gum. “Not decided yet?”

 

“Yeah…” Myungsoo says dejectedly. He sighs, leaning his back on the chair. “I don’t think I want a new project for the time being,”

 

“Huh? Why?” Sungyeol giggles.

 

“I shouldn’t act on a drama one after another. Viewers will get bored with me you know. I should take a break for may be two to three months before I get back on screen.”

 

Sungyeol nods, understand. “But shouldn’t you choose a drama first before they released on TV?” He pick up a script and browse through the pages. “Like this. This drama need you to horseback training, sword training and archery training. It will give viewers more time before your next drama,”

 

“But I need to start training in a week,” Myungsoo whine.

 

“So?” Sungyeol’s eyebrow rose.

 

“So I don’t want to. I want to rest, I want to take on a holiday, I want to…”

 

The door to the room open once again, surprising both actors. Myungsoo turns his head while Sungyeol lift his. Sungyeol look back down on the script, avoiding looking at Minho stepping inside with a new cup of coffee. Myungsoo follow the manager’s movement when he come closer and put the cup on the table.

 

“I don’t want this,” Myungsoo says, pushing the cup away slightly.

 

“This is hot Americano, Myungsoo-shi,”

 

“Do you think I’m stupid? I know what it is but I don’t want this,”

 

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo-shi. I will buy another one. What would you like to drink?” Minho replies calmly.

 

“Never mind. I don’t want to drink anymore,” Myungsoo says, swinging his hand to brush Minho away. Minho bows down, turns around to leave the room but before he can open the door, Myungsoo calls him. “Buy one for Sungyeol too.”

 

The taller lift his head at this, looking at Myungsoo then at Minho. “No, it’s okay. You don’t have to,”

 

“It’s okay. Let him go buy you a drink,” Myungsoo says with his eyes on the open script.

 

“I won’t be long. By the time he come with my drink, I might already left,” Sungyeol says to Myungsoo then turn to his once high school mate. “It’s okay, Minho. You don’t have to. You can leave us.”

 

Minho bows his head and quickly fly from the room before Myungsoo order him around again.

 

“Why do you say so, Sungyeol? Just let him go buy the drink. You like coffee, don’t you?” Myungsoo tsk.

 

“I have enough coffee for today. Woohyun will scold me if he know I got drunk with caffeine.”

 

Myungsoo click his tongue but he doesn’t say anything after that. They fall in silence as they read the script in hands. Myungsoo is studying the drama while Sungyeol just read to waste some time.

 

“Why did you come anyway? Do you have something to do?” Myungsoo asks without lifting his head.

 

“Ah, yeah. CEO ask to see me,” Sungyeol replies, without looking at the other as well.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes move upward. “CEO? Why?” He gasp, looking at Sungyeol properly, the script shut between his finger and he lean his upper body to the table between them. “Did he have a new project for you?”

 

Sungyeol shrugged. “I don’t know but I don’t think so,”

 

“Why do you think so? Usually it’s what happen when the CEO ask to see us, right?”

 

“His voice sounds serious. Usually if he got a new project for me, he is happy and excited.”

 

Myungsoo hum, half agreeing, half thinking it over. “How he sound like?”

 

“Serious,”

 

“How serious he was?”

 

Sungyeol sighs. He put the script book on the table and look at the man opposite of him. “Like really serious. I just hope it’s nothing bad,”

 

“Can I come too?”

 

“What?” Sungyeol chuckles. “I have to see the CEO, why would you come too? Who knows I will get scolded and you will only risk getting scolded as well.”

 

Myungsoo pouts as he lean his back on the chair. “Will you tell me how it goes with the CEO later?”

 

“Depends.” Sungyeol shrugged. He peek at his watch and stand up from his seat. “I will go now. See you later.”

 

------------

 

“Poland? Why?” Myungsoo asks, half shouting.

 

Sungyeol shrugged. “Just because,”

 

“Waa…it’s not fair. I want to go too.” Myungsoo circled his arms over his chest, sulking.

 

Myungsoo was left alone in the room, reading the script for the nth time. He had done reading all six dramas offer and he had to reread them while waiting for Sungyeol’s come back. Time seems like tickling really slow and Myungsoo almost dash toward the CEO’s office. He thought Sungyeol had gone for an hour when it’s not more than half. His actor friend come back to the room bringing news he never have thought.

 

Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong will go to Warsaw, Poland, for Kim Sunggyu’s world tour.

 

And the cherry on top, they didn’t know why the CEO ask them to go over there.

 

“I think, it has something to do with Sunggyu hyung’s recent dating rumour,” Sungjong says, all of a sudden.

 

The two actors turn their heads, for a moment forgetting the young singer is also in the room following after Sungyeol.

 

“Ahh…that rumour,” Myungsoo says, remembering the news he read on his way to the company.

 

“Poor Sunggyu hyung. I’m worried about him,” Sungjong says. “Why this have to do in the middle of his world tour?”

 

“I wonder if Woohyun would be okay,” Sungyeol mumbled.

 

“Huh? Woohyun hyung?” Myungsoo asks. He thought his ears make fun of him since he is really sensitive when Sungyeol mention the name of his best friend.

 

“Why Woohyun hyung wouldn’t be okay?” Sungjong asks.

 

Ahh…it’s true. Sungyeol really did mention Woohyun’s name. Sungyeol says above a whisper but if Sungjong heard him too, that means Myungsoo didn’t hear it wrong then.

 

“Because he is the manager? Woohyun is still new in the field but he already has to take care of this rumour,” Sungyeol replies.

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong look at each other before they nod their heads, understand. Sungyeol heaved out a breath. Sunggyu was caught in a funny dating rumour. He should be careful if he doesn’t want to sell Sunggyu’s real dating life. Truth to be told, Sungyeol doesn’t care if it will ruin Sunggyu’s career, he only care about his friend. If the news about Sunggyu and Woohyun dating, it will not only risking Sunggyu’s life but Woohyun’s as well. Woohyun was miserable enough and he doesn’t need the fans or the netizen to put his life in hell. But, if Sunggyu going down, Woohyun will too since his friend really love the idol. He won’t live a better life knowing the love of his life falling in the depth because of him.

 

“I think the CEO want us to go to help Sunggyu hyung,” Sungjong says.

 

“What help would you guys do over there?” Myungsoo asks.

 

Sungjong shrugged. “Don’t know. We will know when we get there,”

 

“Not fair, I want to go too,” Myungoo repeated.

 

“I don’t mind though,” Sungyeol says. “I don’t have anything to do anyway. It will be fun to go and meet Woohyun and Hoya over there,”

 

“They have just gone for what? Two days? Three days? And you sound like you’re love sick,” Sungjong laughs.

 

Sungyeol smiles sheepishly. “It’s lonely in the house. I’m used to them and when I come back to an empty house…it feel strange,”

 

“But you can’t live with them forever, right? Sooner or later, you guys will move out and live by yourself,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Later I hope. We don’t have that much money to rent a place on our own,” Sungyeol replies. “And like I said, I’m used to them. They are my best friends and I kind of miss them more when I heard I will go there to see them,”

 

“When will you go anyway? Did you even have passport?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“Tomorrow morning,” Sungjong replies.

 

“I do. You told me to make a passport when I start acting. You said we don’t know when we need them in this business,” Sungyeol remind him.

 

“Ahh…” Myungsoo says. “But I really want to go too. Do you think the CEO will let me come with you?”

 

------------

 

Sungyeol read the news on the portal on his hand phone while sitting at the waiting area at the arrival gate. Infinite Entertainment told the press on Sunggyu’s behalf. The singer is not in a romantic relationship with anyone. Jisoo’s attendance in Berlin was just to watch the show and giving support to her fellow co-artist under the same label. Jisoo will be busy after this and concert in Berlin was the only free time in her schedule.

 

Scrolling through the comments, Sungyeol smiles and take a relief breath when almost the commenters believe in Sunggyu. They found it ridiculous the news end up saying Sunggyu and Jisoo is dating just by one fact Jisoo was there in Berlin. No photos taken and no witness saying they were lovey dovey over there. Sungyeol hope the calm would endless and no one bother the couple again. 

 

“I hope everything would be fine now,” Myungsoo says beside him.

 

“I hope so too.” Sungyeol sighs before he pocketed his hand phone and turns to the actor. “Are they here yet?”

 

Myungsoo turns to the direction of the gate. “They should landed just now. May be they’re waiting for the luggage.”

 

Sungyeol hum, following Myungsoo’s eyes to the arrival gate as well. Their flight landed in Warsar Chopin Airport almost an hour ago, and now they’re waiting for the group from Paris to move together to the hotel. The original plan is Sungyeol and Sungjong will accompany the CEO to Sunggyu’s world tour next venue. But after both Sungyeol and Sungjong left the room, Myungsoo dash out as well to beg the CEO to let him tag along. It took a lot of persuasion and finally, the CEO agreed to take the actor with them. They took the earliest flight to Warsar, thankfully direct from Incheon and no stopping in between. It’s already noon in Poland, they’re tired and they’re hungry, hoping to see the faces of the other group pronto.

 

Sungyeol turns his head back to the front, hand in his jacket pocket. He sighs tiredly, dreaming of the hotel bed welcoming his sleepy body. Not more than seconds later, he feel Myungsoo nudge him and he turns to his friend, the actor pointed to the gate with his chin. Sungyeol has to shake his head to clear his mind, making sure his eyes didn’t fool him to make the group from Paris to appear miraculously.

 

Sungyeol stands up, Myungsoo followed. He crunch his eyes to see better, and he can make out the first three people at the front; Woohyun and Sunggyu walk together side by side while Dongwoo slightly behind them. The other team members following from behind, pulling their own bags and equipment. Woohyun fasten his step when he caught sight of his friend, leaving the startled Sunggyu when he realize he had been ignored. Sungyeol move his feet as well. The other actor followed confusedly.

 

“Sungyeolie…” Woohyun says as he throw one arm over Sungyeol’s tall shoulder.

 

Sungyeol pats Woohyun’s back. “Hei, Woohyun.” They break apart. I miss you.

 

I miss you too. It’s great you will be here with us.

 

But only for a short while. I will go back to Seoul after the concert.

 

Woohyun pouts. I thought you will come with us for the next venue as well.

 

Sungyeol laughs as he pats Woohyun’s arm. “I don’t think so,”

 

“Hyung-dul…” Sungjong says, looking at Sungyeol then to Woohyun then to Sungyeol. “Are you two dating?”

 

“What?”

 

“No!”

 

Both Sungyeol and Woohyun startled by the voices. They look at the side, and finding Sungjong is looking at them both with curious eyes, Myungsoo gawk at them both and kind of hurt he didn’t know earlier, and Sunggyu throwing sharp daggers to Sungyeol with his small eyes.

 

Sungyeol quickly letting go as he bows to the artist. “Sunggyu hyung, annyeonghaseyo. How was your flight?”

 

“It was great before I saw you, obviously,” Sunggyu says through gritted teeth as he walk toward them and grab Woohyun’s arm. “Let’s go, I’m tired.” And he walk away pulling Woohyun with him.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Sungjong tsk.

 

“Is it true you guys are dating?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“What?”

 

“No wonder you care so much about Woohyun hyung.” Myungsoo nods, finally understand. “Why you didn’t tell me…?”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Sungyeol says. He move his feet when he caught sight of his other friend. “Hoya!”

 

“Hey, Sungyeol!” Hoya meet him in the middle and throw his arm around Sungyeol’s shoulder as the taller does the same. “How was your flight?” he asks after letting go.

 

“Great but now you ask, I think I have a jet lagged.”

 

Hoya laughs. “It’s twelve hours right? Of course you have a jet lagged,”

 

“Almost I think.”

 

The two friends move their feet, following after the group out of the airport, leaving Myungsoo and Sungjong still on their spot.

 

“I know I’m just a rookie artist...” Sungjong grumbles.

 

Myungsoo pats his shoulder. “Hey, don’t think too much. They just excited seeing their friends,”

 

“I know but…”

 

“Yah, aren’t you coming?” Dongwoo calls after them. He is standing with Jang Donggun after he greets the CEO when Sunggyu also ditch him to run after his lover. 

 

“Yes. Yes. Coming!”

 

The two artist follow after Dongwoo and Donggun, leaving the airport to the bus ready for them. They had to walk in the sea of Sunggyu’s fans waiting for the idol, shouting, screaming, showing placard, shoving flashing hand phones to take his photos. Fortunately no harm happen and they ride their bus with no accident.

 

Sunggyu forced Woohyun to sit on the window side while he himself sit on the aisle. Sungyeol snort by the childish jealousy and just take his seat in front of Woohyun’s seat, waving to his friend before he lowers his bottom. Hoya sit beside him, leaving Myungsoo to sit with Sungjong on the other side of the bus.

 

“Where is Dongwoo hyung? I didn’t greet him yet,” Sungyeol says, craning his neck to see better up front.

 

“Dongwoo hyung usually will be the last to get on the bus,” Hoya informed.

 

“Oh. Then…” He glance at the back and saw the two from the crack of the two seats before looking at Hoya. “Did these two always sit together?”

 

Hoya sighs, leaning his head on the head rest. “Yeah. Sometimes it was hard to talk with Woohyun since Sunggyu hyung won’t leave him alone,”

 

“Why you didn’t use the eye talk?” Sungyeol raised an eyebrow.

 

“Did you two talking bad about me?” Sunggyu says through the crack, making both boys scream in shock. He peek at the laughing Woohyun at his side.

 

“No. No. No. We were not talking about you, Sunggyu hyung,” Hoya says quickly. “It’s hard with him always there and whining Woohyun’s attention,” he added in a whispers to his taller friend.

 

“Really? But why did I heard my name then?” Sunggyu tilted his head, showing only one eye through.

 

Sungyeol lift his body slightly to peek behind the seat. He is one jealous boyfriend. 

 

That’s what make him more attractive, don’t you think? Woohyun startled when a palm cover his eyes. He turns his head to the owner of the hand.

 

“I’ve start to think you two are talking secretly behind my back,” Sunggyu says.

 

Woohyun grins.

 

Hoya pulls Sungyeol’s arm. “You two are talking?” He peek at Woohyun. “You guys leave me out on this?”

 

“No…” Both Woohyun and Sungyeol answer.

 

Sunggyu groans as he lowered his hand, throw his jacket over their laps, and hold Woohyun’s hand in a lock under the jacket. He leans his head on Woohyun’s shoulder and close his eyes.

 

“I’m tired, let me nap,” he says sternly, unconsciously meaning quiet and leave us alone.

 

Sungyeol’s lips twist upward as he look at the two, caught Woohyun’s eyes and straightens his body to sit properly. Seeing by how possessive Sunggyu is and how Woohyun calmly staying by his side, proving the rumours not bothering them even a pinch. It just a groundless rumour and hopefully, nothing will come in between their relationship.

 

Sungyeol peek at the man beside him, and his eyes went to the other aisle, to Myungsoo and Sungjong. Myungsoo. Right. Sungyeol had to take care of Myungsoo at the moment, to make sure Minho’s name won’t fall out of his mouth to shake Woohyun and Hoya. He just wish Minho will finish his interim and his friends would be oblivious of his existent in the company.

 

----------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

I’m sorry for not updating last week. It’s a hectic day and I forgot to update, and it won’t be fun if I’m updating on other days if nothing special going on. Hehe.

 

And sorry again for disappointing you with a boring chapter.