Chapter 16

Because You're My...

 

 

Kim Sunggyu First World Tour’s second venue is in Columbiahalle Berlin, Germany. The hall’s capacity is around 3,500 and it is full house for the night. From the waiting room, they could hear the loud scream of fans and chanting of Sunggyu’s name and songs. Unlike the concert in London, Woohyun can’t wait too long at the front of the stage. He only watch the opening and a couple of songs before he had to rush backstage to give a hand around. He forgot most of the things he did because every time the staff see him, they will call him for some help. He caught a glimpse of Sunggyu when the singer went backstage to change his clothes but the elder ignores him, just like since the fight almost two weeks ago.

 

There is a television in the waiting room, showing Sunggyu’s lively concert from a single camera. It’s not enough and not as satisfying as watching live since he is so close with the stage. But it can do for the moment, at least he can still watch Sunggyu’s singing and listening to his voice when he isn’t looking.

 

Woohyun sits on the sofa, leaning his head on the head rest as he watch the television hanging on the wall opposite of him. He envy the screaming fans at the stage. Back in London, he join the fans as well and nearly lost his voice from the constant screaming. But now not only he is stuck at the waiting room at the back of the stage, he also too tired to fanboying over the singer.

 

Woohyun is startled when something cold and wet touch his cheek. He turns around to meet with Dongwoo’s smiling face holding a can of cola, that Woohyun think is the culprit behind his freezing cheek. He straightens his posture as he take the cola and Dongwoo sits beside him, a can of soda in his other hand.

 

“Tired?” Dongwoo asks as he open his drink and take a sip after.

 

“A little,” he replies.

 

Dongwoo pats Woohyun’s back, making sure he didn’t touch the area near the shoulder. “Thanks to you, I feel like half of the burden lift off of my shoulder.”

 

Woohyun smiles, glad that he at least is a big of help. “Was it always like this?”

 

Dongwoo chuckles. “Only on concert. If it’s a normal show, we’re not busy like this. May be half of this.”

 

Woohyun hummed. He peek at the television as his hands play with the still unopen can of cola.

 

“You don’t want that? Want something else to drink?”

 

“Huh?” Woohyun turns his head to Dongwoo, shaking his head. “No. No. It’s fine. I will drink it later. Thank you.”

 

Dongwoo smiles, sipping his drink. Woohyun turns back to the screen on the wall. Sunggyu is singing and the song is coming to its end.

 

“Are you okay? Your shoulder…is it still hurt?”

 

Woohyun unconsciously touch his left shoulder. Looking at the manager. “It’s hurt this morning but it’s fine now,”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

He nods. “Yeah.”

 

Dongwoo nods, satisfied with the answer. He sips his drink again before he plays with the can, contemplating if he should ask the bugging question he had since the fight. “Why were you…refuse to move house?”

 

Woohyun sighs. “I have been wondering when you are going to ask this.”

 

Dongwoo pats his back. “Sunggyu hyung doesn’t say anything but I know he is curios as well. There were times I caught him groaning and mumbling why, why, why. If I remember correctly, you really didn’t tell us why you don’t want to.”

 

Woohyun glance at the television screen. The song has ended and Sunggyu is talking to the fans, in Korean, while another person on the same stage is translating in German. Woohyun turns to Dongwoo. “I’m really sorry for the trouble. But I don’t think it is a good idea to move right now.”

 

Dongwoo tilted his head. “Huh? Why?”

 

“Because we’re in the middle of a world tour?” Woohyun shrugged. “I mean, we’re going back to Korea after this and stay for a week before we’re going to France. Then to Poland, then Thailand, then…” Woohyun sighs. “We’re just going to the next venue after another without coming home. I don’t think it is wise to move when I won’t be home. I’m not saying I’m worried about security, it just…it is a waste of money to pay for a place I’m not living in, right?”

 

“There are times we will be back in Korea,” Dongwoo corrected.

 

“I know, but it just for a day or two, four at most, if I remember correctly from the schedule. And I prefer to stay with Sungyeol for those short days. I don’t want to be alone in the new house,”

 

“You can invite Sungyeol and Hoya to sleepover when we’re back in Korea,” Dongwoo suggested.

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “Of course we can. But like I said, it is a waste of money to pay for rent and services for a place I am only staying for a day or two for the month.”

 

Dongwoo frowns. “So you mean you will still move but it will be at a later time?”

 

Silence.

 

Woohyun is thinking the question over. The house Sunggyu choose for him have three bedroom, enough for Woohyun, Sungyeol and Hoya to have their own room. But Sungyeol and Hoya can’t move in with Woohyun yet because they still have the lease to their current apartment until the year end. They don’t want to trouble anyone and burden Sunggyu anymore, so they choose to stay until the contract expires. Because if not, they have to pay for the fine and they don’t have extra money to do so. Woohyun will move in the new house first because his artist ask him to and he needed to, to cut the journey time. It all goes well, at first. Until Woohyun told Dongwoo he doesn’t want to move.

 

Truthfully, he doesn’t want to move. For reason only he knows, and Sungyeol too. But Sunggyu is disappointed and Dongwoo is curious. May be he can move in later times, together with Sungyeol and Hoya? May be he won’t come visit him again because it’s not about him alone but it also involving other friends as well?

 

“I…I guess?”

 

Dongwoo heaved out a relief breath. “So you’re postponing the date to move, not wouldn’t move at all?”

 

Woohyun nods his head uncertainly.

 

Dongwoo retreat his hand from Woohyun’s back. “It’s settle then. I will take care of it later. About Sunggyu hyung…” Dongwoo peek behind Woohyun’s back. “So that’s the reason. Are you satisfied now?”

 

Startled, Woohyun quickly turns around and gasp when he see Sunggyu standing tall beside the couch. Sunggyu’s face unreadable as he eyed his lover. Woohyun open his mouth to greet him, say something, anything, but Sunggyu beat him to it. Sunggyu move his feet to the waiting coordi noona and ignores the managers.

 

Woohyun pouts as he sank back on the couch. Dongwoo pats his lap.

 

“He will be fine. Don’t worry.”

 

Woohyun lift his head to the television screen on the wall. The backup dancers taking the stage for an intermission to let Sunggyu change clothes and take a breath for three minutes. Woohyun wants to go to Sunggyu’s side, to do his job as an assistant manager but he is not sure if Sunggyu wants him, and he is afraid Sunggyu won’t let him get closer, in front of watching eyes. Woohyun look at Dongwoo and ask silently but the manager assure him that everything is fine. They can stay still and let the stylist and coordinator to take care of the artist because it is their job and they won’t like it if the manager interfere with their job.

 

“Sunggyu oppa! That’s a nice show,” a voice of a young lady says excitedly as she rushing to Sunggyu’s side.

 

“What…? Who is she?” Woohyun ask, startled.

 

Dongwoo tsk regretfully. “Seo Jisoo, she is our model turn actress. She had been a model in a few of Sunggyu hyung’s MV,”

 

“Ahh…her?” Woohyun look at the model being chummy with Sunggyu. He has lines of frowns on his forehead. He clearly hate to see how the girl clinging to Sunggyu while stylist work hard to prepare him for the next stage.

 

“Why did she come here? Aish!” Dongwoo groans as he stands up and storm toward them. He have to control the situation. Sunggyu only have a minute left and Jisoo would only make it worse.

 

-----------

 

Woohyun declare his hatred to Seo Jisoo. After Dongwoo pry her off and rush Sunggyu out of the room for his next song, Jisoo’s attitude change completely. She come to sits on the couch and shoo Woohyun off. She snatch Woohyun’s cola and drink them, watching Sunggyu’s concert from the television, ignoring everyone in the waiting room. She acts like a diva and Woohyun can’t stand her at all.

 

After Sunggyu give his encore, bows down and say goodbye and goodnight to the fans, he come back to the backroom. Dongwoo and Woohyun are ready to greet Sunggyu to take care of his need but Jisoo push them aside as she throw her arms around the artist as soon as Sunggyu step his foot in the room. Woohyun doesn’t say anything, he just turn around and start packing to get ready to leave. He even didn’t see Sunggyu at all since, until they gather around in the private club near the hotel to celebrate Kim Sunggyu’s second venue concert.

 

Woohyun is sitting alone on one of the seat, downing drink after drink, ignoring the fact how easily he got drunk after two shots. The staff scatter around the small private club. The musicians, the dancers, the producers, the backstage team, they all mingle with each other. They got Woohyun to join them at first before he move to a secluded seater, snatching a tall big glass of German famous beer with him.

 

He didn’t drink the beer. He just let the glass sat on the table in front of him, alone, just like him. In the dim light of the club, he can see Jisoo clinging at Sunggyu’s side even though Dongwoo and a couple of other staff warn her to behave. She act overly friendly, affectionate and chummy with the singer, ignoring everyone else in the club, as if there are only Kim Sunggyu and Seo Jisoo there.

 

Fortunately Sunggyu keep his compose. He tries to shake Jisoo off of him and act natural, telling her to stop touching him and put a distance between them. He tries to not humiliate the girl and embarrassed himself. Woohyun is glad Sunggyu at least not join in with Jisoo’s act of seduction but he can’t help to be angry at Sunggyu for not pushing Jisoo away.

 

Woohyun snort. “Who are you kidding? Hyung is not talking to you. Do you think he will kick her off just to make sure I won’t be bitter?”

 

Woohyun slide his eyes to the lonely glass on the table. When he was with the others before, he only drink a soda. When he came to the seat, there is already a bottle of alcohol on the table. It was half full so Woohyun got three glasses of drink when he pour them into a small glass. His vision is blurry and he start to get tipsy. He hates this and he blame the alcohol for the green monster whispering nonsense in his ears. 

 

He wants to go back to the hotel and call it a night but he can’t trust himself to arrive safely, not when everything is fuzzy and he is in the middle of foreign land. He can’t ask Dongwoo for help since the manager is busy taking care of Sunggyu and making sure Jisoo won’t step over the boundaries. He can’t ask Hoya since his friend is enjoying himself with the dancers and he need to let out the stream of stress and exhaustion too.

 

“Hey, where is Woohyun?” Hoya asks the dancers when he realize the other is not there with them.

 

“Huh?” Gikwang look around the club and he has to scrunch his eyes to see better in the dim lit room. “There he is.”

 

Hoya stands up to look at where Gikwang had pointed out. His eyes widen when he see Woohyun is drinking the beer from the big glass. He push Gikwang and rush to Woohyun’s side in attempt to stop him.

 

“Woohyun!” Hoya calls. It was too late. He had slam the empty glass on the table and grins when Hoya got to his side. “Woohyun…did you…” He look at the glass then at the man. “You drink all that?”

 

“Why? Can’t I?”

 

“Of course you can’t,” Hoya groans. Shaking his head, he sits beside the other. Woohyun lean his head on Hoya’s shoulder and sneak a hand around Hoya’s arm. “You can’t drink,”

 

“Already did…”

 

“Is he drunk?” Gikwang asks. When did he follows after him, Hoya is not sure.

 

“Yeah,” Hoya says, glancing at Gikwang then at the male on his shoulder. “He is a light drinker,”

 

“Oh. Should we go back to the hotel?”

 

Hoya turns to his roommate, once again they were put in the same room for the tour. “No, it’s okay. You should stay, hyung. I will take him myself,”

 

Gikwang shakes his head. “I’m beat myself. Let’s take him back so I have a reason to leave.”

 

Hoya grins, understanding. Gikwang went to Woohyun’s other side. Just when he take Woohyun’s arm to put on his shoulder, the singer of their group walk to the couch.

 

“Is he drunk?”

 

Hoya nods his head. “Yes, hyung. We’re taking him back to the hotel,”

 

“Let me carry him.”

 

The offer make Gikwang stunned. Never in his thought that Sunggyu would be too generous to take care of a drunk man himself. Sure, Woohyun is his assistant manager and work closely with him, it’s a no surprise for him to tend the manager. But it kind of strange in itself that Gikwang wonders if Sunggyu would do the same if he is beat drunk.

 

“How can we let you, hyung?” Hoya brush him off. “And besides, you have to stay for your own party.”

 

Sunggyu shakes his head. “Let me have a reason to leave.”

 

Gikwang snort at his copied excuse. But both Hoya and he refuse to let Sunggyu carry Woohyun. He was just done with his concert and they are sure he is exhausted more than themselves. They didn’t dare to add more to his burden if they want to keep dancing in his team. But Sunggyu compromise. To let himself leave the party, he need a reason and a drunk manager is the best bet he got. So the two dancers agree to let Sunggyu carry Woohyun while Hoya get Woohyun’s other side. Gikwang would just hiding behind them to sneakily leave the club. As soon as they were out, Sunggyu will change places with Gikwang and let the dancer carry Woohyun next.

 

But at the end, Sunggyu stubbornly carry Woohyun to the way to the hotel. They are not staying in the same suite this time but Woohyun and Dongwoo’s room is just beside Sunggyu’s while the others is on different levels below. The dancers are confused when Sunggyu open the door with a key card from his own pocket, and doubled the puzzle when they see a king sized bed rather than two single beds. They remember Woohyun said he share with Dongwoo, so like their own sharing room, it is supposed to have two beds.

 

But neither Hoya nor Gikwang ask anything as they help Woohyun to lie on the bed. Sunggyu says his thanks to them both and wish them goodnight before they walk out of the room.

 

“Are they okay now?” Gikwang asks.

 

“What do you mean, hyung?”

 

“Everyone thought there’s something strange about Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun. They didn’t talk since we’re still in Seoul and they didn’t talk till the concert, from what I saw.” Gikwang shrugged. “May be it just my imagination but Sunggyu hyung seems like ignoring Woohyun. Are they fighting?”

 

Hoya scratch his neck. They are too obvious, eh? “They are okay I guess? If they’re fighting, Sunggyu hyung won’t bother Woohyun being drunk tonight.”

 

Gikwang hum, thinking the theory over. It possible there’s nothing wrong with them and the staff were overthinking. He just hope everything is fine between them because it will be awkward if the singer and assistant manager in the group were ignoring each other.

 

In the room, Sunggyu is taking care of his beloved Woohyun as gently as he could. He take off Woohyun’s coat, shoes and socks. He wipe Woohyun’s face and hand. He scan Woohyun’s attire and concluded, it would be uncomfortable to sleep in jeans. Gulping his saliva and with a pair of shaking hands, he take off Woohyun’s t-shirt and jeans, leaving the younger in his brief. He knows he shouldn’t stare but Woohyun has a y body with a beautiful six packs. His legs firm and strong and Sunggyu imagine how it will cling desperately around his waist when he make love to him.

 

Sunggyu quickly stands up and turns around, back on the bed. His face hot and his ears red. He rubs his face and counting to calm the raging hormones screaming at his morality. He walk to the wardrobe and take out a bathrobe the hotel provided for their visitors. He healed a breath, scolding himself Woohyun is drunk and it’s inhumane to take advantage of a drunk person not matter how y and seducing he is.

 

A kiss. Just a kiss. Sunggyu nods his head. He turns around and walking back to the bed. But kissing will lead to touching and…can you really stop when he look so vulnerable like this? Sunggyu gulp his saliva, paddling to the bed and sits down at the edge. My beautiful Woohyunie… Sunggyu shakes his head. He quickly throw the bathrobe and help Woohyun wear them, securely tying the rope around his waist.

 

Sunggyu stands up, in attempt to drown himself in a cold bath to cool his little brother down there. His heart almost jump out of his heart when a hand grab his, stopping him. Twisting his head, Woohyun had sit up and look at him with half lidded eyes.

 

“Sunggyu…hyung?” he slurred.

 

Sunggyu sits back on the bed. “Are you okay, Woohyun?”

 

“Hurm…” Woohyun lean his head with the cheek on Sunggyu’s shoulder, facing away, he holds Sunggyu’s hand with both of his. “I think I drink too much,”

 

“You think?” Sunggyu look scandalously at the mop of hair on his shoulder. He run his finger through Woohyun’s hair when he hear the younger giggling. “You’re drunk, Woohyunie,”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Hurm?”

 

“Do you hate me?”

 

Sunggyu’s hand stop moving. Woohyun lift his head, his chin still on Sunggyu’s shoulder. Their faces are close, too close, Sunggyu can smell the horrible breath of beer from the shorter.

 

“You hate me…” Woohyun concluded when Sunggyu took too long to answer.

 

“What? No. I don’t hate you. I love you, Woohyun. You know I love you,”

 

“You lied...”

 

“No. I’m not lying,”

 

Woohyun lean his cheek back on the shoulder. “Sunggyu hyung hates me. He didn’t talk to me, didn’t look at me, didn’t eat with me. Sunggyu hyung has someone else he like …”

 

“What?” Sunggyu put his free hand behind Woohyun’s back head and make him look at him. He is panic when Woohyun’s eyes are glossy with unshed tears. “Woohyun, I don’t hate you. I don’t like anyone else but you.”

 

The younger is quiet as his lips tremble.

 

“I love you. I love you, Woohyun,” Sunggyu whispers.

 

Woohyun sniff. “Really?”

 

“Really,”

 

“Sunggyu hyung doesn’t hate me?”

 

Sunggyu shakes his head. “I never hate you, Woohyun. No matter what happen, I could never hate you.”

 

Woohyun stare into Sunggyu’s small eyes. Sunggyu brush Woohyun’s cheek with his thumb. He knows Woohyun is drunk and a drunk person won’t remember anything that happen when they wake up the next day. But Sunggyu won’t care about petty little things. He comfort Woohyun as lovingly as he could just like when the younger is sober. Because he believe Woohyun won’t accuse him of hating him when he is not drunk. The younger has his own self-pride and he won’t admit he is jealous.

 

Ba-dump.

 

Woohyun is…jealous?

 

Of who?

 

Sunggyu smile naughtily, realizing the Sunggyu hyung has someone else he like comment. Woohyun won’t suddenly spurt nonsense he doesn’t mean. He said Sunggyu hates him because of their cold relationship since the fight. But since that day, Sunggyu does nothing to show he has someone else. He is busy preparing for the next venue and the extra time was only enough to crack his brain to think the reason behind Woohyun’s sudden refusal to move house.

 

Woohyun join in the after party. Woohyun is sitting alone. Woohyun is drinking knowing he can’t hold his liquor. Woohyun accusing Sunggyu of hating him. Woohyun said Sunggyu has liking someone else.

 

A clear signal, Nam Woohyun is jealous.

 

And Sunggyu find this cute.

 

He ignores the Woohyun is drunk warning in his mind and lean closer to capture Woohyun’s lips in a kiss.

 

----------------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

Seo Jisoo from Lovelyz. The only member I know from the group is Mijoo, the one who model in Infinite’s Last Romeo with Woohyun. Jisoo is the first model for the original MV but I didn’t know her much. Accept in Woollim the Live, she is chosen as the most beautiful artist. So…here she is.