Chapter 12

Because You're My...

 

As soon as the team touch down in Heathrow Airport, they ride a bus to Diamond Hotel half an hour distance. The sky is dark, everyone is deadly tired after sitting in the flight for more than 15 hours. The excitement of landing in a foreign country is forgotten as everyone just want to lie down and sleep the night away. They have time to round around the city after the concert anyway.

 

Dongwoo and a team manager taking care of their check in at the counter while the team wait in the lobby. Being an assistant manager himself, Woohyun take care of Sunggyu in Dongwoo’s stead. He shove the singer to sits on the sofa and give him water to drink. He stands beside him and refuse to sit when Sunggyu ask him to. Sunggyu circled his arms on his chest and pouts, looking away, sulking. Woohyun ignores him as he watch everyone in the team. He had greet everyone while waiting for the boarding time back in Incheon Airport with Dongwoo introduce him as his assistant and he expect everyone to listen to Woohyun as well and not giving him any trouble. Woohyun’s word is Dongwoo’s word too and he report directly to Sunggyu. If anyone doesn’t want a problem in their record with the company, they better behave themselves. Woohyun doesn’t understand the warning though but Dongwoo said he needed it.

 

Hoya mingle with his backup dancer members and once in a while will throw a glance to his friend to check on him. Realizing Sunggyu is still sulking, Woohyun thought to go join Hoya and the other but he change his mind and went to Dongwoo’s side instead to help him.

 

Once they got the room keys, Woohyun and the team manager distribute the keys to everyone. Woohyun take care of the dancers and musicians while the team manager went to the backstage team.

 

“We’re in the same room,” a backup dancer by the name Lee Gikwang says as he throw his arm on Hoya’s shoulder.

 

“I guess we are…”

 

“Yah, what was that supposed to mean?” Gikwang push his shoulder lightly.

 

“Sorry, hyung.” Hoya brush his hair as he glance at Woohyun still giving out the keys to other dancers. “What about you, Woohyun? Who are you sharing the room with?” he asks when the dancers and musicians start retreating to the lift.

 

Woohyun shrugged. “With Dongwoo-shi I guess,”

 

“Oh, I thought we could rooming together,” Hoya replies solemnly.

 

“Yah, you two are housemates right?” Gikwang ask. “You should befriend with other people as well and not stick together all the time,”

 

“I have been sticking with everyone a lot lately, Gikwang hyung,” Hoya replies.

 

Gikwang tsk but didn’t response. Woohyun just chuckles as he send them to follow the others to their room. He turns around to go to Sunggyu and Dongwoo’s side, and trailing after them to call it a night.

 

He thought he can share a room with Hoya but his friend has to be together with his dancer team and they are in even number. He thought he will share a room with Dongwoo since he is the elder’s assistant, it only possible if they stay close. He never thought he will share a suite with both the singer and the manager. The size is bigger than his apartment back in Seoul. As soon as he steps into the foyer, he is greeted by a living and dining room, a small door on the left of the foyer wall, one door to the right and another to the left of the living-dining room. If he steps further inside, there is a kitchen at the side on the left. He gawk at the fancy hotel suite, the decoration and furniture comes from Victorian era and make him feel like an Earl.

 

“There is Sunggyu hyung’s room and that is our room.” Dongwoo pointed to one door at right and one door at the left of the living room.

 

“What do you mean our room? Woohyun will sleep with me,” Sunggyu says.

 

Woohyun look at the artist, stunned and horror marked his face.

 

“What’s with that look?” Sunggyu asks, hurt.

 

“What do you mean Woohyun will sleep with you? Woohyun will sleep with me in our room,”

 

“Why?” Sunggyu stomp his foot like a child throwing a tantrum.

 

“Did you really want to argue now, really?” Dongwoo groans. “There are two beds in the room while yours only has one.”

 

Sunggyu pouts. “But I want to sleep with Woohyun,”

 

“You’re not a child and he is not your mother. Go sleep and we will see you tomorrow morning,” Dongwoo make a final word as he turns around, grabs Woohyun’s hand and walk to the door on the left.

 

“Yah, I’m your hyung,”

 

“I’m your boss,” Dongwoo shouts without looking back.

 

He close and lock the door as soon as they enter the room. Dongwoo sighs as he went to one of the bed farther from the door and throw his body tiredly.

 

“Uh…is it okay, to leave Sunggyu hyung like that?” Woohyun asks fidgety.

 

“Don’t worry about him.” Dongwoo sits up, looking at the younger. He chuckles. “What are you doing over there? Get in here. Ah, you don’t mind I pick this bed right?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head but he stay still on his spot near the door. “I’m fine with which one. Uh…but I think I should get our bags first.”

 

Dongwoo look around, realizing he barged in the room without their bags. He chuckles again and stand up. “Stupid me. We should get our bags,”

 

“It’s okay, I can get it for you,” Woohyun says.

 

Dongwoo shakes his head. “Let’s go together. I want to check on that idiot hyung.”

 

Woohyun open the door and let Dongwoo go out first before he follows after him. There is no one in the living room, a sign that Sunggyu already went to his room, sulkily, they guess. But there is only one bag in the room that Dongwoo perfectly know is his and no Woohyun’s bag present.

 

“Weird,” Dongwoo whispers as Woohyun went around the living room to search for his missing bag.

 

Dongwoo went to the other door, knocking first but without waiting for an answer, he opens the door. Curious, Woohyun peek at his retreating back before he trailed after the manager. He sneak inside the room. He guess the room is the master bedroom since the size is bigger than his shared bedroom with Dongwoo, and it has a king size bed. His own luggage is in the room at the wall beside Sunggyu’s.

 

“What is wrong with you, hyung?” Dongwoo groans.

 

“Nothing.” Sunggyu crossed his arms on his chest.

 

“You know, you’re making this hard for Woohyun. Can’t you think of his feeling for once?”

 

Sunggyu look at Dongwoo, guilt ticked his heart but when he see Woohyun behind Dongwoo’s back, he sit up properly. “Woohyunie…” he calls.

 

Dongwoo turns behind his shoulder. He sighs facing Sunggyu. “Woohyun is not sleeping in here. You only have one bed,”

 

“So? We’re both men anyway,”

 

“You hear how ridiculous you sound. Yes, we are all men but you have one bed but over there we have two beds. It’s only logic for us to share a room with more beds.” Dongwoo feels his headache coming. He is tired from the long journey and the night grow darker, he doesn’t wish to deal with Sunggyu’s absurdity.

 

“Let’s exchange room then,” Sunggyu suggest.

 

“What?”

 

“You and I.” He pointed to Dongwoo and himself. “You sleep here. I will sleep over there.”

 

Dongwoo pinch his temple. “This idiot hyung…”

 

“Yah!”

 

Woohyun touch Dongwoo’s arm, earning attention from the two. “Dongwoo-shi, can I talk with Sunggyu hyung?”

 

Dongwoo look at the worried Woohyun then to the hopeful Sunggyu. He sighs. Turning back to Woohyun. “Don’t take long, you need to rest yourself. We have a long day tomorrow. And don’t give in to this idiot hyung,”

 

“Yah!”

 

He turns to the singer. “And you! Quit with your madness. Go clean up and sleep.” He turns around, take the luggage which he knows is not Sunggyu’s and pulls it out of the room, ignoring Sunggyu’s whine of I’m your hyung.

 

Woohyun tries to stop Dongwoo from taking his luggage for him but the manager was too fast and soon, left him and Sunggyu alone in the room. He sighs as he turns to face Sunggyu. The singer is smiling happily when Woohyun sits on the edge of the bed.

 

“You are being childish lately,” he says and ignores Sunggyu pouts. “Shouldn’t you be the responsible and mature between us, hyung?”

 

Sunggyu heave out a sighs. “Sorry…” he mumbled. “When thinking of spending times with you, I lost myself,”

 

“We just landed, hyung. There are still four days until our flight home,”

 

“We will be busy tomorrow for preparation and the day after is the concert. We only have Saturday left, we can’t do anything on Sunday, our flight is in the morning,” Sunggyu corrected.

 

“We still have times. Do you think us sleeping together in the same room is the only thing you could do?”

 

“No…” he replies dejectedly. “I just want to be together with you anytime I can. I want to pay back the five years we had lost.”

 

Woohyun is stunned. Sunggyu’s honesty make him at a loss of word.

 

“Any…anyway.” Woohyun clear his throat. “We still have times before us, no need to be greedy and rushing. You better go to sleep now. Like you said, we will be busy tomorrow for the preparation.” He fidgets for seconds before he lean over and peck Sunggyu’s lips. “Good night, hyung.” Then he quickly stands up and runs out of the room, leaving Sunggyu frozen on his bed.

 

Sunggyu touch his lips. It was short. It was brief. Not enough time to transfer the warm on their skin. But it still make Sunggyu leap excitedly like a high school girl. He falls head first on the mattress as he scream his happiness.

 

It has been five years. And he swear he will get back the years he had loss. Hopefully, before the world tour end.

 

That’s not possible, obviously.

 

------------

 

“You look better today,” Dongwoo greets him as soon as he step out of the shower seeing Woohyun dolled himself in front of the mirror.

 

“Good morning, Dongwoo-shi,” Woohyun greets back. “I’m sorry about yesterday.”

 

Dongwoo shakes his head. “You were sick, it’s understandable. But how are you feeling today? Your shoulder?”

 

Woohyun touch his left shoulder. “It’s fine now, and I do feeling better today.”

 

Dongwoo smiles, he paddled closer to the mirror. “That’s good to know. If you feel the pain, don’t hesitate to tell me. Your health is as important as the concert.”

 

Woohyun return the smiles. “I will, thank you, Dongwoo-shi,”

 

Dongwoo look at himself in the mirror to brush his hair with his fingers. “Are you ready? There’s a lot of work to do today.”

 

He nods. “Yeah, I’m ready.”

 

“Great. Then let’s go have breakfast first.”

 

Dongwoo turns around and start moving first, followed by Woohyun. They walk into the living room and surprise seeing Sunggyu already awake, sitting on the sofa and humming to his song with his hand phone playing its music.

 

Sunggyu stands up when both the manager and the assistant paddled closer. “You guys are ready. Let’s go,”

 

“Go where?” Dongwoo asks.

 

Sunggyu tilted his head. “Breakfast. Come on, I’m starving,”

 

“Wait!” Dongwoo quickly get in front of Woohyun, ready to stop Sunggyu for grabbing the younger’s hand and drag him down to the dining hall. “What do you mean breakfast? We are not going down there,”

 

“Huh? Then where would we eat?”

                                     

“They will serve our breakfast in here, hyung, just like always,” Dongwoo reminds him.

 

Sunggyu peek behind Dongwoo’s shoulder to the confused looking Woohyun, then he look at Dongwoo back. “Is it possible to cancel them? I think we should go eat at the dining hall with the others.”

 

Dongwoo frowns. “Since when…” Then he sighs. “Sorry, Sunggyu hyung. I’m afraid they already prepare our breakfast. It will be a waste if we go down.”

 

As if on cue, the doorbell ring. Woohyun dash to open the door and let them in.

 

“Since when did we eat in the dining hall? We always had room service,” Dongwoo says.

 

“I just thought I want to eat at the dining hall today.” Sunggyu shrugged.

 

“You have to tell me last night. You can’t suddenly said you want to eat breakfast down there in the exact same morning. They made the preparation and we can’t waste the food,” Dongwoo scold him.

 

“Fine. So can we eat at the dining hall tomorrow?”

 

“I guess we…wait, no, no, no.” He ignores the elder’s confused gaze. “Are you crazy? Tomorrow is your concert. We can’t risk anyone see you here. It will trouble every one,”

 

“It’s not like they didn’t know I stay here,” Sunggyu says, walking to the dining table where the hotel staff preparing their meals.

 

“Even if they know, they can’t see you,” Dongwoo replies, following after him.

 

Sunggyu pulls a chair to sit, Dongwoo pour the drinks to the glasses, Woohyun the staff out of the room before he come back to the table. Sunggyu quickly pulls the chair beside him and pats the seat. Woohyun and Dongwoo exchange glances before the manager just shrugged. Not wanting to create a scene too early in the morning, Woohyun went to Sunggyu’s side and sit down.

 

Sunggyu smiles. “What do you want to eat? Bacon? Eggs? Sausages?” he asks as he hold out his hands to reach certain food.

 

“I…I can take them myself,” Woohyun says.

 

Sunggyu ignores him as he stands up, pick up Woohyun’s plate to fill with food. “You have to eat a lot. You look skinny than when you’re in school.”

 

Woohyun is stunned when Sunggyu put his plate before his eyes. The once empty plate filled with full English breakfast. There are bacon, fried egg, sausage, mushroom, baked beans, toasts and grilled tomatoes.

 

“I…I can’t eat this lot,” Woohyun says, eyes stick on the meal.

 

“Just eat what you can, okay? But I expect you to eat a lot,” Sunggyu replies as Dongwoo put a glass of orange juice for both Sunggyu and Woohyun.

 

“Thanks for the food,” Dongwoo says, getting ready to eat his breakfast. “Just eat what you can, Woohyun. You’re literally still a patient. You need to eat to take your medicine,”

 

“Oh, right.” Sunggyu just remember. “How was your shoulder? Does it still hurt?”

 

“It’s okay now. Thanks for asking,” Woohyun says, starting to feed himself.

 

“No seriously?” Sunggyu turns on his seat to face Woohyun. “You’re really in pain the day before yesterday. Are you sure it’s okay now? You don’t feel hurt anymore?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head without looking at the singer. “When it hurts, it hurts. When it’s not, it’s not.” He peek at Sunggyu from the corner of his eyes. “I’m fine now.”

 

Sunggyu doesn’t look convince. If anything, he feels more worry than before. He doesn’t sure if Woohyun being honest or lying to him. How can that be possible? He still remember how in pain Woohyun was the day before yesterday. He cried in Hoya’s arms and the doctor need to inject a painkiller into his blood to calm him down. Moreover, Doctor Jung’s report scares him and he is afraid Woohyun hide things from him again.

 

“But you still need to take your medicine, right?” Dongwoo asks.

 

Woohyun nods, looking at Dongwoo on the opposite seat. “Doctor Jung said I should finish the medicine.” His eyes turn as he think. “But I’m afraid to finish them though,”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” Sunggyu asks.

 

He look at the singer. “Not every medicine is suitable for me. The first medicine General Hospital gave me, I was down with a cold just when I didn’t take them for a day. They said I have to continue taking the medicine every day,”

 

“What?” Both Dongwoo and Sunggyu shouts before they look at each other, then back at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “I don’t want to rely on medicine for the rest of my life. I mean, it’s a painkiller. Why should I take them when I didn’t feel any pain anymore? I had to ask for different medicine afterward. I think…the forth medicine is suitable for me and not give me headache when I didn’t take them,”

 

“Of course,” Dongwoo says. “If you’re fine, you can stop taking them. If you have to take them every day, it will look like a drug you can’t live with,”

 

“That’s what I said. It will make me look like an addict.” Woohyun shudders at the thought. “I saw the medicine Doctor Jung gave me is not the same as my last one. I think I should eat them while I’m here and try to stop taking them when I’m back in Korea. I don’t want to get sick in a foreign country.”

 

Sunggyu smiles. A part of him is proud of Woohyun, he doesn’t want to trouble anyone if he gets sick out of their mother land. But a part of him is worried of Woohyun’s health, it might be true he doesn’t feel any pain. But he still worry though. As if it’s not only the shoulder that hurt his Woohyun.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.