Chapter 22

Because You're My...

 

Woohyun is walking on the hall to Sunggyu’s practise room when he was pulled inside and his back hit on the wall softly. His ears caught the sound of the door closed and lock before a pair of lips kissing his furiously. He kiss back, knowing how much he miss the owner of the lips even though they just met last night. He open his mouth when the tongue his lower lip, seeking entrance. Woohyun moans when their tongue meet with a light battle, sending shiver through his body.

 

The lips left his, letting him take his breath. He was panting, and when the lips kiss his chin, his cheek and bite his ear.

 

“Hyung…” Woohyun lift his hand to the elder’s head, running his fingers through his hair. “Hyung, don’t,” he moans, hating how sensitive he was at the area.  

 

Sunggyu the inner shell of his earlobe, pulls away to look at Woohyun in the eyes. “I miss you.” Then he dove back to lock Woohyun’s lips in a kiss.

 

They kiss like it has been long since they see each other.

 

They kiss like it would be the last kiss before they parted ways.

 

They kiss like how strong and fiery their love is.

 

They kiss like how much they want to pay back the time they had loss.

 

A trail of saliva connect their lips when Sunggyu pulls away. Both of them panting hard by the lack of air. Sunggyu smiles, liking how red he make Woohyun’s face is. He lean closer to peck his lips before pulling away slightly.

 

“I miss you,” he repeated.

 

Woohyun smiles through his short breath. “We just met last night,”

 

“But I miss you.” Sunggyu pouts.

 

Woohyun cup Sunggyu’s cheek and brush the skin with his thumb. “I miss you too, hyung. So much.”

 

Sunggyu smiles. He peck Woohyun’s lips once again before he pulls him to the table. Woohyun just realize Sunggyu never let go of his hand from when he was pulled to the room and the long kiss they shared. Sunggyu pulls a chair and push Woohyun to sit before he sit on the seat beside him.

 

“I can’t wait for us to live together so I can see you every time I want.”

 

Woohyun chuckles. “You know Dongwoo-shi won’t let us live together, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu groans. “That Dongwoo. He is a great manager but he in so much.” He tsk. “But you can come for a sleepover. Come on, I had invite you a lot of time.”

 

Woohyun chuckles again. “Sure. Let’s plan a sleepover some time.”

 

Sunggyu grins. He peck Woohyun’s lips again. “How was your treatment?” he asks, changing the subject.

 

“It’s great. Doctor Jung introduced me to his friend, Doctor Kim Jaejoong. Today was only for explanation about the treatment but I will properly start tomorrow,”

 

“Would it be okay? Should I go with you tomorrow?” He clicked his tongue. “I told you I want to come today too but you won’t let me.”

 

Woohyun chuckles. “You had schedule, hyung,”

 

“Only for a photoshoot. Look, I’m already done before you know it. I thought of picking you up. I was on my way down when I saw you out of the lift,”

 

“That’s a cheeky attack, hyung. You scared me there.”

 

Sunggyu grins, he tuck Woohyun’s turtleneck properly and brush the lint off his shoulder. “Is it hurt?” he asks softly.

 

“Not at the moment, no.” Woohyun shakes his head. “But Doctor Kim said it will hurt when I’m in therapy,”

 

“I wish I can share your pain.” Sunggyu’s lips trembled. He hold Woohyun’s eyes. “If only you can transfer your pain to me.”

 

Woohyun put a hand on Sunggyu’s hand and pulls them off his shoulder, holding them securely. “I don’t want to transfer them to you. I don’t want you to feel this pain, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu lean in to touch Woohyun’s lips with his. It’s not a kiss but Sunggyu let their lips touch to feel the warmth of their love. “I love you.” He whispers against Woohyun’s lips.

 

“I love you too.” Woohyun whispers back as he kiss Sunggyu’s lips before pulling away. “Did you lock the door, hyung?”

 

“Eung!”

 

“Why?” He tilted his head.

 

“Because I don’t want us to be bothered,”

 

“Huh?”

 

Sunggyu sighs. “Every time we were alone in here, someone will come and disturb us.”

 

Woohyun feels his cheeks growing hot. He clear his throat. “You’re shameless. You were the shyer between us, hyung. Did the industry changes you?” he added when he saw the grin on Sunggyu’s face.

 

“May be I am, may be I’m not. I just want to treasure any moment I have with you and pay back the time we had loss before,”

 

“I’m…I’m sorry…” Woohyun lowered his eyes but Sunggyu quickly tuck his chin to make him look at him.

 

“Hey. Hey. I’m hurt and I’m sad, I still am. But we can’t keep with being sorry for the rest of our lives. I understand why you did so and it was in the past.” Sunggyu brush Woohyun’s back hand with his thumb. “We had clear everything but promise me you won’t keep me in the secret, okay?”

 

Woohyun gulp his saliva.

 

Sunggyu’s eyebrow rose. “What’s with that look?”

 

“Uh…actually…”

 

And as if on que, like how the Devine up there was having fun teasing Woohyun and Sunggyu whenever they were together in the practise room, the door was knocked from outside and the doorknob rattling.

 

Sunggyu groans, head falling on Woohyun’s shoulder, not his injured one. “Why…”

 

Woohyun chuckles nervously, patting Sunggyu’s head. “Aren’t the purpose of locking the door was for us not to be disturbed? Thank God no one can caught us looking like this.”

 

Sunggyu sighs, lifting his head from Woohyun’s shoulder only to give a peck to his lips before he stand up and stomp his feet to the table. He twist the doorknob and open the door harshly, making sure to show his most uptight face he can make.

 

“Huh? Sungyeol? Hoya?” he asks, confused. “Do you need something?”

 

“Woohyun was back isn’t he? Is he in?” Sungyeol replies with questions of his own.

 

Sunggyu open the door wider to show the new comer inside the room. He turns his head to look at his boyfriend behind his shoulder.

 

“Uh…can we borrow this room, hyung?” Woohyun asks uncertainty.

 

-----------

 

“Choi Minho, right?” Dongwoo asks when he saw the intern near the pantry.

 

“Yes, sir.” Minho bows his head. “May I help you?”

 

Dongwoo look around to see if anyone close by to hear them talking before he look at the younger manager. “How are you? How did you take interim in the company so far?”

 

“It’s good, I’m having fun working with everyone,”

 

“Does anyone give you trouble?”

 

Minho shakes his head. “No, sir,”

 

“Are you sure?” Dongwoo eyed him sceptically.

 

Minho frowns. “Why…why are you asking like that, sir?”

 

Dongwoo sighs before he smiles angelically. “Nothing. Just want to make sure everything is okay. You’re an intern, of course everyone will use you to the fullest and they might not realize it if it turn out look like a bully.”

 

Minho gulp his saliva. “No. No. No one is bullying me. Everyone is taking good care of me,”

 

“That’s good to hear.”

 

Minho’s eyes downcast. “If I were bullied, I deserved it,” he whispers to himself.

 

“Huh? What?” Dongwoo had a keen hearing. It was a soft mumble but Dongwoo caught him loud and clear. “What did you mean?”

 

Minho lift his head and quickly shakes them. “No, sir. Nothing.”

 

Dongwoo frowns, obviously didn’t believe him. But before he can open his mouth to investigate further, the artist Minho manage come walking towards them.

 

“Dongwoo hyung, Minho,” Myungsoo greets them.

 

“Hey, Myungsoo. Done your schedule?” Dongwoo asks.

 

“I have one tonight but I’m free at the moment.” He turns to Minho. “Let’s go,”

 

“Huh?” Dongwoo stop them from moving. “If you’re free, why did you need Minho right now?”

 

Myungsoo froze. He was caught and he didn’t know how to explain to the manager. Minho rubs his face, feeling more down than he already is.

 

-----------

 

It should be only the schoolmates; Woohyun, Sungyeol, Hoya and Minho. But they use Sunggyu’s personal practise room and the singer won’t leave Woohyun’s side, moreover when he learn they will meet with the bully. Like hell he will let Woohyun face the bully by himself. Not alone of course but Sunggyu won’t let Woohyun see the bully without him. Myungsoo brought Minho to the room and he had beg the friends to let him join in too. He promise he will keep his mouth shut. He just want to hear them talk and he will think if he want to keep Minho by his side or change his manager. Since Dongwoo was there when Myungsoo fetch Minho, and he is one of the boss of the company, Dongwoo demand to be included in the reunion as well.

 

It's tiring to shoo them away so the three best friends just let them be as long as they keep their mouth shut and freeze like a statue.

 

Minho feels suffocated. He is sitting alone on one side of the table, opposite from Hoya, Sungyeol and Woohyun. Sunggyu sits at the head table near his beloved. Myungsoo and Dongwoo pull a chair each and sit at the other side opposite of Sunggyu, but far back from the table, not joining in the talk but close enough to hear.

 

I deserved this. Minho says to himself, remembering the hard times he gave to two of his former teammates. He lowered his face, unable to look at them in the eyes.

 

“How are you, Minho?” Woohyun braced himself to start the conversation.

 

Startled, Minho lift his head. “Huh? Huh? I am…I am fine.”

 

The corner of Woohyun’s lips lift upward. “How did you find working at the company so far? Myungsoo didn’t give you trouble I hope.”

 

Minho glance at his artist from the corner of his eyes before he quickly shakes his head. “No. Myungsoo took great care of me. And I enjoy working here.”

 

Hoya quirk his eyebrow as Sungyeol’s eyes twitch. The taller know very well how fake that statement sound. Myungsoo might take care of him good but he also know his actor friend was not being nice to him as well. But Sungyeol can’t put a finger into it. Since he knows a lot of artist give trouble to their manager, like Sunggyu and Dongwoo. It was like a childish teasing and make their bond stronger.

 

But…

 

Sungyeol glance at Myungsoo. He wonder if the actor giving trouble to Minho because of how an artist and their manager should behave, or because of the bully story he told him. He hope Myungsoo didn’t trouble him much than the one he saw before they went to Poland.

 

Sungyeol twist his face to the man beside him when he heard the question he desperately want to know himself.

 

“Why are you here, Minho? Don’t take me wrong but I heard you went to university under sport scholarship. I thought you will work in the area,”

 

“Surprise, isn’t it?” Minho smiles sadly. “I was shocked myself when I heard you are here as well.” He glance at Sungyeol and then Hoya before he look back at Woohyun. “I met Sungyeol after two weeks and I just saw Hoya the other day. But you…I never see you. I have this hope the Nam Woohyun I heard of was not you,”

 

“We just came back.” Woohyun glance at the singer at his side. “Sunggyu hyung’s world tour just ended and this is my first day at the company since we arrived.”

 

Minho nods his head solemnly.

 

Silence.

 

“You didn’t answer the question,” Hoya says through gritted teeth.

 

Minho turns to the dancer, “I…” He lowered his head, balled his fist and sigh, before he lift his head to look at the schoolmates. “I didn’t play sport anymore.”

 

The three friends had the same expression on their faces, frowning and didn’t believe him as if that was the most absurd thing they have heard.

 

“You stop playing soccer?” Hoya asks doubtfully.

 

“Soccer, track, basketball.” Minho shakes his head. “Everything. I stop playing everything,”

 

“Why?” Hoya asks.

 

“I can’t play anymore,” Minho’s voice low with a hint of sadness.

 

Woohyun gulp his saliva. “Why…?” he whispers, dreading the answer. Is Minho face the same fate as him? Bullied? Accident and injury? Nightmare?

 

The answer make Sungyeol want to snort. Minho was the second sport maniac he know after Woohyun. Sungyeol didn’t know Minho personally but he was a popular student because he was active and lot of other clubs want to scout him. At the end he still stick to soccer because he enjoy it more. It make Sungyeol wonder. If Minho went to other club, will he be the star player and won’t give Woohyun much trouble like he had done?

 

Sungyeol’s breath caught in his throat when Minho look at Woohyun then at him then at Hoya, before he look back at Woohyun. No. It’s not because Minho look at them, it was because of his eyes that makes Sungyeol’s heart drumming in his chest. Minho’s eyes are glassy and his hands are shaky.

 

Sungyeol startled, the both of his friends at his sides also jump slightly when Minho bows his head until his forehead touch the surface of the table.

 

“I’m sorry, Woohyun, Hoya. From the deepest bottom of my heart, please forgive me for what I have done to you,” he says with a cracked voice.

 

“Wha…what?” Hoya stuttered. Never in his life has he imagined Minho will apologize to him, to them.

 

“Raise your head, Minho,” Woohyun says softly.

 

Minho lift his head. The friends, as well as the singer, the actor and the manager are shocked seeing the trail of tears on his cheeks. Dongwoo look at Sunggyu, then at the three friends, then at Myungsoo. Seeing their surprise but calm face, he think Sunggyu and Myungsoo knows something he didn’t.

 

Why Minho apologizing? Why Minho crying?

 

“I’m really, really sorry for what I have done. I know it must be hard for you and a simple apology won’t wash out my horrible treat in the past. But…please, forgive me,” Minho says.

 

Sungyeol turns to Woohyun at his right, waiting for his response.

 

Woohyun gulp his saliva. “Thank…thank you for apologizing. But sorry, it may take time for us to completely forgive you,”

 

“Right,” Hoya says. “It was hard and even though it was in the past, the scar is still there.” He glance at Woohyun slightly.

 

“I understand.” Minho nods his head solemnly. “It was hard to be forgiven but I still want to apologize.” He bows his head once again.

 

Hoya sighs. “Why are you here, Minho? Why did you stop playing sport?”

 

Minho lift his head as he wipe his wet cheeks. “I can’t play anymore…” he repeated.

 

“Why?” Woohyun repeat his question.

 

“I…” Minho healed a breath. “I have a nightmare.”

 

Ba-dump.

 

“Wha…what?” Woohyun widen his eyes, shocked.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes twitch, unconsciously his hand went to grab Woohyun’s. Sunggyu and Dongwoo look at Woohyun.

 

“You might not believe me but I got nightmares,” Minho says. “It started since I play for my university’s soccer team. I don’t think much of it but it became frequent and make me lost my sleep,”

 

“How…” Woohyun gulp his saliva. “How frequent are there?”

 

“At first it was only once or twice every week. Then it became every night before my game, no matter if it only a training or an official game, like a routine.” Minho shakes his head. “Then it became frequent, I lost count how many times I have them,”

 

“So you stop playing any sport because of lack of sleep?” Hoya asks.

 

Minho turns to Hoya and nods his head. “How can I play to my fullest if I can’t sleep properly? My performance drop and I’m holding my team back.”

 

So…it was because of nightmare. He knows he shouldn’t have this thought but he was glad it was not because of a bully or injury. But…

 

“What kind of nightmare?” Woohyun asks.

 

Minho look at the assistant manager. “Kibum.”

 

Ba-dump.

 

“I dream of Kibum, or I should say…Kibum came to haunt me in my dream.”

 

Sungyeol feels Woohyun tightens his hand on his. With his other free hand, he engulf Woohyun’s hand and pats them to show his support, oblivious or ignoring Sunggyu’s sharp jealous eyes thrown at him. What? At a time like this, he would care less about Sunggyu and his jealousy. His best friend is more important than anything right now.

 

Silence.

 

“You might not believe me and think I make stories.” Minho shakes his head. His eyes low, before he lift them again. “I dream of Kibum and it was horrible. He haunt me. I can’t sleep and it’s hard to live my life. At the end, I have to stop playing,”

 

“Did you still dream of him?” Hoya asks.

 

“Sometimes, but it’s better now because it was not as frequent as before,”

 

“So you…” Woohyun gulp his saliva. Tightening his hold on Sungyeol’s hand to find strength. “You stop playing soccer and any sport because of nightmare of Kibum?”

 

Minho nods his head. “I only stop playing because of the lack of sleep. And miraculously Kibum stop giving me nightmare. That’s when I think I have to stop playing any sport if I don’t want to be insane.”

 

Woohyun heave out a breath as he leans his back on the chair. He lessen his hold on Sungyeol’s hand.

 

“And you are here, in Infinite, was just fate?” Hoya replies. 

 

“If that makes it what it looks like, then it was fate. It’s just my luck Infinite reach out to me first among my other resumes and it was fate to meet you guys again,” Minho says half shamelessly.

 

“So…” Sungyeol says after keeping his silent for long. “It was fate you work here and it was fate us three were here as well though in different kind of work. If you don’t have those nightmares, would you meet Woohyun and Hoya as soon as you know you guys work under the same roof? Would you still ask for an apology? Would you keep your chin up and give them troubles like you used to be? Or would you ignore them and pretend not knowing them?”

 

Minho’s eyes widen by the bombarded questions. All occupants in the room look at him and the rookie manager one after another.

 

“Sungyeol…” Woohyun whispers.

 

“Tell me, Minho. You said the nightmare change how you live your life. If you don’t have those nightmare, would you still be here facing all of us?”

 

Minho look at Woohyun then at Hoya before he look back at Sungyeol, feeling trap and didn’t know how to reply. “I…I…”

 

“Congratulations for living your life happily and calmly. Even though you stop playing and not become a national soccer player, I can see you have a great life and living your life to the fullest,” Sungyeol says with a hint of sarcasm.

 

“What…what do you mean, Sungyeol?” Minho jump slightly in his seat. “How dare you said that to me? You don’t know how hard it was for me to keep seeing the dead every time I close my eyes. You don’t know how hard it was to let go of my dream.”

 

“I don’t know?” Sungyeol snort. “It was not only you who had to let go of his dream.” He pointed at Woohyun with his chin. “Someone had to forget his dream long before you.”

 

Minho’s eyes slide to his former teammate. He gulp the lump in his throat. “I…I’m sorry.” For a moment, he forgot Woohyun share the same dream as him and had his shattered in the middle of his glory.

 

“You only got a nightmare and it was enough to make you surrender. But Woohyun…Woohyun keep strong and still playing even after you and your minions bully him. He only stop playing just because of the accident. If not because of the injury, he will be running around chasing the ball on the field.” Sungyeol realize the crack in his voice and the tears clouding his eyes.

 

Minho lowered his head, unable to look at Sungyeol or Woohyun. He lift his head in shock when he heard what come out of Sungyeol’s mouth next.

 

“And he got the nightmare as well, just like you,”

 

“Wha…what?” Minho look at Woohyun for confirmation but the said boy didn’t even look at him, he had his eyes low on the table.  

 

“Kibum visits him at nights. Worse than you because Woohyun got a nightmare every time he had a good news coming for him.”

 

Hoya’s eyes widen, he grab Sungyeol’s arm to ask for his attention. “Really?”

 

“Sungyeol…stop,” Woohyun plead, looking at Sungyeol.

 

“He can’t go to university. He can’t work a better job. He can’t debut as an idol. He can’t be a backup dancer. He was this close to have this managing job slip out of his hand.” Sungyeol ignores both of his friends. “Woohyun can’t live his life like he wanted. He can’t even live a comfortable life. Because of you. Because of Kibum.”

 

Hoya stretch his neck to look beside Sungyeol. “Woohyun, nightmare? Is that why you…” Hoya gasp, remembering how Woohyun let go lot of things offered to him. “Why you didn’t tell me?”

 

“You give him trouble, you hit him, you hurt him, you attempt a kill on him.” He can’t hold in his tears anymore and just let them falls freely on his cheeks. “Just because he was a better player than you,”

 

“No. No.” Minho quickly shakes his head with horror. “I…I admit the wrongdoing. I admit we bully him and hit him. But I swear we never wish for him dead.” Minho look at Woohyun desperately. “Woohyun, trust me. We just want to make you scared or you don’t want to be in the same team as us again. But believe me, please. We never think of killing you. I swear!”

 

“Stop your lying!” Sungyeol shout. “If you never think of it, explain how Kibum plan on killing him?”

 

“Why…why did you think Kibum plan on killing Woohyun? It was an accident.”

 

Sungyeol snort. “It was not an accident. I never think so. We had theory it was plan to look like an accident. With enough evidence, we can classified it as a planned murder.”

 

Gasp could be heard in the room, coming from what they believe as the silent watchers and Hoya.

 

“Why, Minho?”

 

“I didn’t…”

 

“Woohyun is your teammates. Shouldn’t you be together to fight your opponent? Why must you kill him?” Sungyeol shakes his head. “Why must you hurt him at the first place? You’re a teammates. Shouldn’t it make you stronger to have an ace in your team? Why you want him out of the team? This is not a badminton or track or swimming. This is not a single player sport. It’s soccer, a team sport. Why can’t you…”

 

“I’m…I’m sorry.” Minho bows his head to ask for forgiveness. “I was young and we were clouded with jealousy.” He lift his head and had a fair share of tears running down his cheeks as he look at Woohyun, now looking back at him. “I’m really, really sorry. But trust me, please. We never plan on killing you,”

 

“You bully me in middle school,” Hoya says. “Were you jealous of me too? Were you plan on killing me too?”

 

“What? No!” Minho turns to Hoya. “We were jealous, yes. But we just want you guys to stop playing, let us be the star. We never want you guys dead. We never think of it.”

 

Sungyeol snuffle to clear his nose. “But your jealousy killed your friend. I was there that night. Did you know how I feel to see the post fall down? Did you know how desperate I was to lift that post to save my friend? Did you know how I blamed myself when I failed to save them? Kibum died and Woohyun hurt his shoulder. I saw Kibum on the ground with a lot of blood. I saw Woohyun crying in pain and trying to get out under the post. Did you know how hard it was for me?” Sungyeol’s voice raise a pic he didn’t realize.

 

Woohyun throw his other arm around Sungyeol’s chest to put his hand on his shoulder and hid his face on the taller’s chest, silently crying remembering the pain of the past.

 

“I was near to break down myself. I would go insane. But I have to keep strong. Woohyun need me. I have to be strong for both of us. Because if I break, Woohyun and I would both falling and won’t be here today.”

 

Sound of tears and sniffing could be heard in the training room. Woohyun cried in Sungyeol chest as Sungyeol run his fingers in Woohyun’s hair to comfort him, and Hoya pats Sungyeol’s lap to give him comfort as well. Sunggyu brush his tears away harshly, he is frustrated, mad and blamed himself for not being there with his beloved. Myungsoo lift his face to look at the ceiling to stop his own tears and runny nose from making a mess than it already did. Dongwoo had his hands together and intertwined his fingers as he lowered his head to cry.

 

Minho snuffle and brush his cheeks even though it was futile and more tears flowing down. “I…I told Kibum.” He gulp his saliva. He can’t keep this anymore. He had apologize and they had cried and Sungyeol had shared his own pain. Never had he thought Woohyun had his own nightmare and Sungyeol was close to break down. “I warn him, I plead him, to not doing anything.” He look at Sungyeol in the eyes, since Woohyun is still hiding his face in Sungyeol’s chest. “We were in the middle of a tournament. I ask Kibum to stop whatever he had plan. At least wait until the end of the tournament. We have to win that year.” Minho look at Hoya. “We stop the bullying before the tournament. You know that, right?”

 

“I only save Woohyun from your bullying when I caught you.” Hoya shrugged his shoulder, being the first to calm down and stop crying. “Who knows what happen when I didn’t see you. And you guys were in the same class.”

 

Minho slump his back on the chair. “True. But…” He look at Sungyeol. “We didn’t do anything. I swear!”

 

“Quit with your swear. Why you had to ask Kibum to stop? Wasn’t it your order? Aren’t you the mastermind?” Sungyeol asks, feeling his anger coming back to wash the ache in his chest.

 

“True, I was the leader…” Minho whispers shamefully. “But Kibum came to me one day, telling me he had a perfect plan to make Woohyun to stop playing completely. He said if the plan success, Woohyun won’t play soccer anymore and we can shine and be the star on the field.”

 

Woohyun pulls out from his hiding and glare at the man opposite of him. “Why it was Kibum’s plan? Stop talking badly about him.”

 

Minho look at Woohyun and hold his eyes. “I was the leader, but Kibum was the mastermind…”

 

-----------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

I want to tell more but it was already this long. So…I should stop where it was most interesting. Hehe.

 

Sorry for the late update. Time was so hectic and I keep forgetting to post a chapter.