Chapter 17

Because You're My...

 

Sunggyu wake up with a start when the man in his arms scream at his ears and push him away. Fortunately the force is not that strong and the bed is big enough to make sure Sunggyu doesn’t fall on the floor on his .

 

“What? What?” he groggily asks, looking around the room. Landing his eyes on Woohyun, he falls his head back on the pillows and scoot closer trying to pulls the younger back in his arms. “It’s still early, Woohyunie. Let’s sleep some more,”

 

“No. Let go of me.” Woohyun struggles to break free. “What…why am I here, hyung?”

 

“You sleep here last night,” Sunggyu replies, his eyes shut.  

 

“Why? How did I came here?”

 

Sunggyu open one eye, then another, when he realize Woohyun is looking at him with mix feelings of horror, hurt and anger. “You were drunk last night and I help carry you back to the hotel with Hoya and Gikwang. You can ask them,”

 

“Dr…drunk…?” Woohyun whispers, not believing himself. He look down to his body, pulling the bathrobe tighter securing it more on his chest. “You…you are not doing anything to me, aren’t you?”

 

Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow. He found this amusing how Woohyun is accusing him yet afraid of the answer. It’s cute, and hurt and the same time. “As much as I want to touch you, Woohyun and it’s not wrong to touch your own boyfriend, but no, I didn’t do anything because it’s wrong to take advantage when you’re drunk and I want us both to savour our first time.”

 

Woohyun feels his face red and hot. He grumbles at how easily Sunggyu blabbers nonsense so early in the morning. Sunggyu used to be the shyer one between them and Woohyun had to initiate the first move back when they were dating in high school. Looks like the entertainment business had turn the elder to be bold and express himself more.

 

Sunggyu eyed the red face and silence Woohyun. He knows the younger is embarrassed by his comment and if it’s any other day, he will jump and engulf him in his arms and cooed at how cute he is. He likes teasing him and watch how his face would turn shades until he can’t stand Sunggyu’s attack anymore.

 

But today, Sunggyu can’t bring himself to tease his boyfriend. Not when he remembers what happen the hours before they woke up.

 

Sunggyu went to sleep with mix emotions. He is giddy and excited to sleep on the same bed with his beloved but he is afraid he can’t hold himself. How can he when Woohyun is there beside him sleeping like a baby? His hands itchy to touch him and he knows he can’t control himself and he might do something he will regret later. And worse, Woohyun will hate him and there won’t be any future for them, forever.

 

Sunggyu did the only thing he can think of. Lining extra pillows as barrier between them. Sunggyu brush Woohyun’s cheek with his thumb softly, pecking his lips and whispers a good night before he shut the light and close his eyes, after he sent a text message to Dongwoo to inform him about Woohyun sleeping in his room because it’s easier to open his door than searching through a drunk person’s pocket for his room key.

 

Sunggyu is not really a light sleeper and he just drained out of his energy from the concert. He thought he will sleep like a bull through the night and won’t ever wake up even an earthquake shake his building apart. But since Woohyun is sleeping on the same bed, he got sensitive and wake up the second he hear groans from the latter.

 

Sunggyu lift his head and peek behind the wall of pillows, only to throw the pillows behind his back to get closer to Woohyun. The younger is groaning and thrashing his head from side to side. It’s dark but Sunggyu can make out the sweat forming on Woohyun’s forehead. He wipe the sweat away before he cup and pats Woohyun’s cheek to wake him up.

 

“Woohyun, wake up. Woohyun,” he calls, shaking the other to open his eyes.

 

But Woohyun doesn’t response. The worry turn scared when he feel drop of tears touching his fingers.

 

“Woohyun. Wake up. What’s wrong, Woohyun?”

 

Sunggyu is desperate. Woohyun looks hurt and in so much pain. Sunggyu feels useless he can do nothing to stop Woohyun from whatever he is facing in his sleep.

 

Nightmare?

 

He suddenly remember Dongwoo’s report back when they were in London.

 

Nightmare. It must be. Woohyun is having a nightmare and he can’t walk out from it. If he remembers correctly, Dongwoo said Woohyun had woken up by himself, may be because of the pressure of the nightmare. But how long? How long Woohyun has to keep prisoned in his own nightmare until he wake up?

 

Sunggyu can’t wait. His heart hurting so much seeing his beloved in great pain. If he can’t pull Woohyun out of the nightmare, he has to at least ease the ache.

 

Sunggyu lying beside Woohyun as he sneak an arm below Woohyun’s head and pulls Woohyun’s body into his with the other arm. He brush his fingers through Woohyun’s hair, humming a soft melody and plant soft kisses on Woohyun’s head.

 

Sunggyu almost healed out a relief breath when Woohyun calm down and stop moving. His irregular breathing slowly turns normal and he lean his head against Sunggyu’s.

 

“What happen to you, Woohyun?” Sunggyu whispers, oblivious a lone tears falling from his own eye.

 

“How do you feel?” Sunggyu asks.

 

“Huh? Huh?”

 

“How much did you drink last night? You were knock out even before we get out of the club.”

 

Woohyun is quiet for seconds before he smiles guiltily. “I’m sorry, and thank you for bringing me back,”

 

“Anything for my Woohyunie.” Sunggyu grins. He push himself up to sit facing the latter. “Next time, don’t you dare to drink without me. Who knows what would happen to you if I’m not there,”

 

“I’m not usually drink because I can’t drink. It just last night…” he trailed off.

 

Sunggyu quirk an eyebrow. “Huh? Last night?”

 

Woohyun eyed the elder and feels his face grow hotter with every second pass.

 

“What about last night?” Sunggyu asks, a teasing tone lingering in his voice.

 

Without saying anything, Woohyun move to get out of the bed but Sunggyu is quicker. He throw his arms around Woohyun and pulls him in his embrace.

 

“Let go of me,” Woohyun whine, struggling to break free.

 

Sunggyu tightens his hold. “I’m sorry.”

 

Woohyun stop struggling. He turn sideway and meet with Sunggyu’s eyes. “Huh?”

 

“I’m sorry. I had ignore you since that day. I got mad at you without listening to you first.” He plant a soft kiss on Woohyun’s temple. “We will talk about that later, okay?”

 

Woohyun nods his head uncertainty. “I miss you, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu smiles. “I miss you too. Let’s make a rule, shall we? If we got into an argument, we should dissolve it quickly and be civil with each other, okay? I can’t stand not talking to you when you’re so close.”

 

Woohyun smiles back. “And promise you won’t ignore me,”

 

“I promise.” He peck Woohyun’s lips. “Let’s get back to sleep. It’s still early.”

 

They lie back on the bed, with Sunggyu spooning Woohyun from behind. The sun had risen but it still too early for them to start a day, not when they’re still beat from last night concert and after party. Sunggyu knows he propose the idea of going back to sleep but he can’t seem to bring his eyes to close, not when he has Woohyun in his arms after almost two weeks of distancing himself.

 

They talk, for the first time in two weeks. They sleep on the same bed, for the first time since they start dating. They whispers soft comforting words to each other, for the first time since the break five years ago.

 

------------

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo were done filming for their drama but they’re still in need to promote them, mostly via shows. Myungsoo is the lead actor, he is always busy promoting and doing his other work. While Sungyeol is just a supporting. Aside from one show he came with the other actors and actresses to promote at the early episodes, Sungyeol never land any promoting gig. So he is ecstatic when he was called to a famous game show with Myungsoo and the main actress.

 

Sungyeol came first at the shooting ground and greets everyone. He is talking with one of the MC when Myungsoo arrive. Sungyeol peek behind Myungsoo’s shoulder when he thought he saw someone he shouldn’t. But Sungyeol can’t see properly when that man was hiding behind the other production crews and they’re getting ready to shoot.

 

They start shooting the game, from morning to evening without break. They did their lunch game in different places since Sungyeol and Myungsoo are not in the same team. Easy to say, they didn’t meet each other since the opening at all. They do crossed path when doing the game but that’s that. They can’t get enough time to say hello moreover exchange talk. Sungyeol had forgot about the man he saw this morning, until he see him again when they’re on break at the evening.

 

They’re taking a break for dinner before they move to the final ground for the last game. Both of them sit with their teammates when eating but move after they have at least thirty minutes to loosen their stiff back. Sungyeol is sitting alone at a corner of the restaurant, playing with his hand phone when he realize he can’t get a nap with the heavy noise. Myungsoo slide on the chair in front of him a few minutes later, laying his head on his crossed arms on the table.

 

“Sleepy?” Sungyeol chuckles and Myungsoo just hummed as a replies.

 

It’s quiet then, neither of them open their mouth. Sungyeol continue playing and Myungsoo tries to catch some nap. The taller is startled when a man come at Myungsoo’s side to give him his ringing hand phone. Myungsoo lift his head, and Sungyeol did too.

 

Sungyeol gasp. “Choi Minho?”

 

The new man turns his head when he hear his name. His eyes widen. “Sungyeol? What? Why…? You’re…?”

 

Myungsoo look between Minho and Sungyeol, puzzled. “You know each other?”

 

Both Sungyeol and Minho turn toward the actor, then they look at each other then back at Myungsoo.

 

“Yeah, we were from the same town, and go to the same high school,” Sungyeol replies.

 

“Ah…” Myungsoo clap his hands, turning to Minho. “That’s why I feel like I had seen you before,”

 

“Huh?” Sungyeol and Minho says.

 

“We have met before, right? Wait no. Not really met but I have seen you before.” Myungsoo turns to Sungyeol. “The man from the taxi, at the cremation house and the police station,”

 

“What? You remember his face?”

 

Myungsoo nods, grinning. But even before he can open his mouth, Minho beat him to it.

 

Minho put the hand phone, now had stop ringing, on the table and bows to the actor. “I’m sorry. You should rest and I shouldn’t bother you any longer.” He turns to Sungyeol, bows his head. “Nice seeing you again, Sungyeol. Please excuse me.” He turns around and flee the table.

 

“Eh, Minho,” Myungsoo calls after him, puzzle.

 

“Care to explain why he is here?”

 

“Minho is my new manager,” Myungsoo says, looking at the taller.

 

“Manager?” Sungyeol half shout. “Since when he is your manager?”

 

“Yesterday.” Myungsoo shrugged. “He is an intern, just came on 1st October. Yesterday the management told me I need a manager since my work has piling and they give me an intern,”

 

“Minho? Intern?” Sungyeol look at the way the intern slash manager had went to but he can’t see the other. “I kind of saw him this morning but I thought I might be wrong. So it is really Minho,”

 

“You said you guys went to the same high school, right? He must know Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung too,” Myungsoo says excitedly.

 

Sungyeol swift his face back at Myungsoo. He put his hand phone down. “Myungsoo, listen to me,”

 

“Huh?” Myungsoo tilted his head.

 

“Do not let Minho meet Woohyun and Hoya, ever,”

 

“Huh?” Myungsoo blink his eyes. “What? Why? They went to the same school too, right? I’m sure they will be happy to see their old friend,”

 

“Minho is not our friend,” Sungyeol says through gritted teeth.

 

“Huh? He’s…not?”

 

Sungyeol sighs. He peek at his watch. “Listen to me. I know it inevitable if they meet but if you can, don’t let they saw each other. Woohyun and Hoya can’t meet Minho. They can’t know Minho is interning at the company and Minho can’t know Woohyun and Hoya is working there as well,”

 

“Uh…I think Minho already know Woohyun hyung is at the company,”

 

“What? How?” His eyes wide and his face horror looking at Myungsoo. No way. Did they met already? But Woohyun never mention seeing Minho at Infinite.

 

Myungsoo gulp his saliva. “Why are you so stress?”

 

“Did they met?” Sungyeol ask, grabbing Myungsoo’s hand.

 

Startled, Myungsoo blink his eyes. “I’m not sure,”

 

“Then what do you mean Minho already know?”

 

“Is it something Minho shouldn’t know?”

 

Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo’s hand. He groans, wiping his face, frustrated. “Did they already met? Its 1st day of the month and Woohyun went to Berlin on 11th, it’s possible if they saw each other. But Woohyun didn’t say anything…”

 

“Well…if Woohyun hyung didn’t say anything, may be they didn’t met yet,” Myungsoo says, trying to calm the elder. “When they sent Minho to me, they said Minho supposed to be Sunggyu hyung’s assistant manager.”

 

Sungyeol lowered his hand. “But Woohyun is Sunggyu hyung’s assistant manager.”

 

Myungsoo nods his head. “That’s what Dongwoo hyung told them. Since Woohyun hyung is the assistant manager, they can’t take Woohyun hyung out just to put the intern there. Sunggyu hyung is in the middle of a world tour, he can’t be stress about his manager change.” Myungsoo shrugged. “That’s why they had change of plan and give Minho to me. Since I don’t have a manager yet and it’s good for the intern to learn some basics,”

 

“So it’s possible Minho had heard about Woohyun,” Sungyeol guess.

 

“I think so.”

 

Sungyeol caught the signal from the production crew. He stand up. “Let’s go, they’re calling,”

 

“Huh? But wait.” Myungsoo stands up and follows after the taller quickly. “What do you mean they can’t meet? What do you mean you guys are not friends?”

 

-----------

 

After the recording of the show and saying their farewell to the crews and MCs, Myungsoo get inside his van, pouting when Sungyeol left without seeing him first. Sungyeol left as soon as he can, as if he doesn’t want to get caught with Minho.

 

Speaking of Minho…

 

Myungsoo look outside the tinted window. Minho is talking with one of the crew, bowing his head before he climb in the driver seat. The van pulling out of the parking and left the shooting ground.

 

“We were not friends. We were not in the same class. But Woohyun did. He was in the same class and same soccer club with Minho,”

 

“Oh, it’s true he plays soccer. In his profile, it stated he play soccer in school but when I asked him, he said he had stop playing,”

 

“Minho? Stop playing soccer?” Sungyeol snort. “Woohyun and Minho are two persons I know are crazy about soccer and they dream of being a soccer player in the future,”

 

“Well…since both of them in Infinite, in an entertainment company, I guess they both had stop the dream of becoming a soccer player,”

 

“Woohyun did,” he says sadly. “You remember about the accident, right?” Myungsoo nods. “Woohyun had stop playing, heck he even stop dreaming about soccer. But Minho…as far as I remember, he still playing until we graduated. He even got scholarship because of soccer,”

 

“Oh…then…why is he here? Is it true he had stop playing?”

 

“If he said he stop, I guess he did.” Sungyeol shrugged. “We’re not friends with him, so I don’t know,”

 

“Uh…why did you keep saying you guys are not friends? Did something happen between you guys?” Myungsoo grab Sungyeol’s hand before the taller can run away from answering him.

 

Sungyeol sighs. “It was in the past, but…the scar is still there.”

 

Myungsoo frowns. “What do you…?” He gasps. “Is it bully? You guys are not friends and you said it was in the past and there was scar…. It’s a bully. Was Minho a bully?”

 

“According to Hoya, yes. But Woohyun won’t say anything.” He sighs again. “Woohyun and Minho are in the same class and in the same club. Woohyun is the best soccer player, he is our star player. Minho falls second. I heard Minho always make it hard for Woohyun, ordering him around, teasing him, giving him trouble.” Sungyeol shudder at the memory. “I never saw it happen and Woohyun never told me. I guess they never bother him when I was around with Woohyun,”

 

“He sounds jealous,”

 

“He is. He was jealous of Woohyun’s talent and position.” Sungyeol throw his eyes far away. “Hoya was in middle school soccer team too but he didn’t play in high school. Hoya and Minho went to different middle school than me and Woohyun. When I learnt about the bullying, Hoya said he stop playing because Minho bully him in middle school.”

 

Myungsoo gasp, a hand flew to his mouth. “I know it’s wrong of a bully but why did Hoya hyung have to stop playing? Isn’t it only show the bully is superior?”

 

Sungyeol shrugged. “Because he can’t spend the time after school doing activities, he need to go home to help at the restaurant. I don’t know if it’s really the truth or just his excuses.”

 

Silence.

 

“What should we do? I have a bully working with me…” Myungsoo says worriedly.

 

Sungyeol look at the actor, patting his shoulder. “He work in a field totally different than sport. I guess something happen to him and he might change,”

 

“But…he was a bully to my Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung.” Myungsoo looks hurt. He can’t change the past but he doesn’t want to put his friends in a tight with his new manager.

 

“Let’s just hope he had change and he is a better man now. Well, I believe he won’t bully you, since you’re his boss and he is just an intern,”

 

“I hope…”

 

“But no matter if he is changed or not, please don’t let him meet Woohyun and Hoya. He might has changed but the scar is still there. Moreover…” Sungyeol look far away again. “Woohyun is hurting enough. I don’t want Minho putting salt in his wound.”

 

Myungsoo frowns. “Sungyeol…”

 

The taller slide his eyes to the actor.

 

“You really care about Woohyun hyung. Are you his umma?”

 

Sungyeol smirk. “Are you jealous?”

 

Myungsoo crossed his arms on his chest. Jealous my arse. He huff loudly, earning his manager driver’s attention.

 

“Are you okay, Myungsoo-shi?” Minho asks, eyeing the actor from the rear view mirror.

 

“I’m fine,” Myungsoo says. But then he meet Minho’s eyes at the mirror. “Minho,”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Before you came to Infinite, did you know any of our artist?”

 

Minho shakes his head. “I’m sorry if you feel disappointed, but I just know Sunggyu-shi is there.”

 

Myungsoo snort. “Of course you are. Who wouldn’t? Everyone want to come to Infinite because of Sunggyu hyung.”

 

Minho smiles sheepishly. “I know Sunggyu-shi is there and it’s an honour to be working in the same company. But I didn’t come because of Sunggyu-shi,”

 

“Huh? You didn’t?” Seeing Minho nodding his head, Myungsoo continue. “So how did you land an intern spot there?”

 

“I’m not sure…” Minho trailed off. “I just sent resumes to a lot of companies and Infinite is the first to call me. So I accept.”

 

Myungsoo hum. “The man I was with before, Sungyeol, you know him, right?”

 

Quiet.

 

“Yes, I know Sungyeol,”

 

“Are you friends?”

 

“Going to the same school doesn’t make us friends,”

 

“Hurm…but you guys came from the same town. I remember Sungyeol said it was a small town. A small town means a small population, so you should know each other,”

 

“We do know each other but it’s just that. We never talk, so we were not what you can call as friend.”

 

Myungsoo hum again but he doesn’t say anything afterward. Minho drive the van in total silence, glad that the man at the back seat stop prodding in his past.

 

Myungsoo look out of the window. A bully eh? You dare to bully my Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung. Myungsoo look at the driver. Let’s have some fun, shall we?

 

---------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

I am doomed. I’m not yet finish writing this story. I guess I need at least two to three chapter before it end (around 25 chapters). But I already had an idea for a new fanfiction. Actually I had a few but I have been thinking which one I want to write first. But then this new idea come and I was too excited to write it down. With my work need my at most time and my other hobby, I don’t think I can write that story like I want it to. T__T