Chapter 21

Because You're My...

 

 

The concert venue in Progresja Music Zone, Warsar, Poland is a huge success. The hall full with excited fans and the merchandise sold out. To Sunggyu’s staff, as well as Woohyun, this is something predictable. Nothing strange at all since the last three venue was successful beyond imagination. But for the first timer like Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong, the air make them shudder in thrill. They still feel the goosebumps and the adrenaline rush, and they are talking nonstop about the concert even in the after party.

 

They had a small celebration at the club near the hotel before Sunggyu excuse himself to have a talk with the CEO. Of course, he will drag Woohyun with him. At this time, everyone in the group would care less about Woohyun sticking on Sunggyu’s always. If Woohyun is not beside Sunggyu, it would be worth to gossip about.

 

“Waa…look at this, the news spread really quick back home,” Sungyeol says looking at the hand phone in his hand.

 

“Really? What did they say?” Myungsoo peek behind Sungyeol’s shoulder to get a better look.

 

Sungyeol shows the small screen to his actor friend. It was the portal of South Korea’s entertainment tabloid. It has the photos of Sunggyu with both Sungyeol and Myungsoo, and one with Sungjong, in the changing room behind the concert hall. The story told about the actors and the rookie singer visiting Sunggyu and supporting his concert. Besides the pictures, there also the photos of the three artist touching down in Warsar Airport, taken like a paparazzi.

 

“The CEO is really witty. When did he take this pictures?” Sungyeol asks.

 

Myungsoo look at Sungyeol, flabbergasted. “Surely it was not the CEO who take the photos,”

 

“No. It was definitely him. Look.” Sungyeol pointed the screen. “Where was the CEO in the pictures?”

 

Myungsoo look at the hand phone, scanning the small picture on the screen. His eyes widen before he look back at Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol snort. “The CEO told us to go to the waiting area first and he will follow from behind. Obviously he take this photos at that time,”

 

“Waa…if it’s true.” Myungsoo look at the screen then at Sungyeol then at the screen. “He is really brilliant. That old man,”

 

“Who are you calling old man?” Dongwoo asks, appearing before them all of a sudden, making the actors scream in shock.

 

“You surprise me,” Sungyeol says, lowering his hand phone.

 

Dongwoo grins. “Let’s go back, there’s something we need to talk.”

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo look at each other before they shrugged and stand up, following after the manager. They meet with Sungjong and Hoya at the door and walking in the night to their apartment style hotel. They went straight to their apartment on the top floor. Stepping inside, they were greet by both the CEO and Sunggyu in the living room.

 

“Welcome back. Enjoying yourself?” the CEO Jang Donggun greets them happily.

 

“We are. Thank you, sir,” Myungsoo replies bowing his head.

 

“Where’s Woohyun?” Sungyeol asks, looking around as he ignores the warning groans coming from Sunggyu.

 

“Hey, welcome back,” Woohyun says from behind them, carrying a bottle of soda and a stack of paper cups in both of his hands.

 

Sungyeol smiles as he wave at his friend. Woohyun put the bottle and the cups on the coffee table as he pour drink into each cups. The CEO ask them to sit down as he sit on the single seat at the head, Sunggyu on the right side couch. Sungjong went to sit beside him but the elder singer shoo him to give some space for Woohyun so the assistant manager sit in between the singers. Myungsoo sit on the left side couch, with Sungyeol beside him and Hoya beside Sungyeol. Dongwoo surprise everyone, except Sunggyu and Donggun, when he sit on the armrest of the CEO’s seat.

 

“Thank you everyone, for coming to Sunggyu’s concert in Warsar,” Donggun says, looking at the three artist coming with him to the country. “And thank you, Woohyun and Hoya for being a part in Sunggyu’s team and make it a success.” He look at Woohyun and Hoya. “Sunggyu, congratulations on your concert. A full house and sold out merchandise as always. Good job!”

 

Sunggyu smiles shyly. The CEO had praise him as soon as he step out from the stage, and he repeated it again when they talk just the three of them a few minutes before. But getting praised in front of everyone make him embarrassed and red colouring on his cheeks.

 

“The rumours with Jisoo had taken care of, hopefully it will die down soon,” the CEO says.

 

“But are you sure it will be okay, sir?” Myungsoo asks. “Jisoo is a woman but we are men. They wouldn’t think it’s weird for us to visit Sunggyu hyung’s concert.”

 

Donggun shakes his head. “It will be fine. It means nothing if friends from the same company to visit. But still, you guys have to be careful though. We don’t know who give the tip to the reporter,”

 

“In other words, we should be careful with everyone among us,” Sungjong guess.

 

The CEO nods his head. “Correct. It will be fine as long as you take care of yourself. It’s just a simple photo but netizens will believe what they want to believe.” The artists nods their heads, understand. The CEO healed out a breath. “Now it should clear things up. Let’s talk about work, shall we?”

 

He grins when Myungsoo and Sungjong groans. He knows the singer and the actor thought they land a jackpot, leaving their home country in the middle of their time. Both of them didn’t have any work at the moment. Myungsoo still considering drama offers. Sungjong is still in promotion and his next schedule is on the coming Monday while he is free for the remaining days in the week.

 

“Our flight on Saturday; Sunggyu to Bangkok and you guys.” He pointed to the three artist who came with him. “Will come back to Seoul with me.”

 

“Can’t we go with Sunggyu hyung?” Myungsoo asks shamelessly.

 

“Why?” the CEO asks back.

 

“Just…” Myungsoo lowered his head before he look back at the elder. “Can’t we…Mr Jang?” He jutted his lips, trying to look cute.

 

“What about your work?”

 

“I don’t have one right now,” he replies eagerly.

 

“But Sungjong has a music show recording.”

 

The youngest startled when he feels everyone’s eyes on him. But before he can open his mouth, Myungsoo beat him to it.

 

“Sungjong can go back with you, sir. Let Sungyeol and I go with Sunggyu hyung.” Myungsoo grins.

 

“What? Myungsoo hyung…” Sungjong whine. Woohyun chuckles as he pats Sungjong’s lap to comfort him. “Hyung, can’t you tell CEO-nim to let me come too?” Sungjong plead the man beside him.

 

“I’m sorry, Sungjong. I would love to have you guys come with us but you have work,” Woohyun says.

 

“I can’t be the only one going home but Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung stay for longer.” Sungjong pouts, arms circling on his chest.

 

“That’s why…” the CEO says. “We will go to the concert in Bangkok as well,”

 

“What? Really?” Myungsoo asks excitedly.

 

Sungyeol jump forward slightly, startled, looking at Donggun then at Woohyun then at Sungjong then at Donggun. Sungjong clap his hands, his face sparkles with delighted.

 

“Really,” Donggun says, but he was taken aback when the three artist who came with him cheer loudly. “But…” he says and break their cry. “We will only go to Thailand. We will go back to Seoul right after the concert,”

 

“Right after concert, sir? Why can’t we go in the morning?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“I’m afraid we don’t have enough time preparing for Sungjong’s show.” He lift his hand to stop any whining from the boys. “That’s my final offer. If you don’t like it, we will go back home tomorrow morning,”

 

“No. No. No,”

 

“No, sir. We will do as anything you said,”

 

“That’s very generous of you, sir. Thank you.”

 

Donggun smiles at his artists, proud at himself that at least he manage to make them to listen. Donggun and Dongwoo exchange look, they whispers to each other before the CEO clap his hands, earning their attention.

 

“Let’s end our discussion here. You boys go get some rest. Do not go out tonight. We don’t want any accident to happen in a foreign country,” Donggun says. “You’re free to tour the town tomorrow but make sure you come back before dinner,”

 

“Yes, sir,” they answer simultaneously.

 

“You want to sleep here tonight, Hoya? Everyone is here but you’re missing the gathering last night, so I thought you want to stay with everyone,” Dongwoo says, looking at the backup dancer.

 

“Can I?” Hoya asks hopefully.

 

Dongwoo shrugged. “You can have my bed,”

 

“Huh? What about you, hyung?”

 

“I will sleep in Donggun hyung’s room tonight,” he replies nonchalantly.

 

“What?” the boys shout.

 

They look at each other and at Dongwoo then at the CEO. Donggun was startled by their surprise voices. Sunggyu shakes his head and face palmed himself.

 

“What…? Why?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Ahh…” Donggun stand up, he clap Dongwoo’s shoulder. “We’re brothers. Dongwoo here is my beloved baby brother,”

 

“What?” the shout erupt for the second time.

 

“Jang Donggun, Jang Dongwoo…” Sungjong whispers. “It make sense,”

 

“No wonder you always said to Sunggyu hyung…‘I’m your boss’.” Woohyun glance at Sunggyu. “I thought it was strange. Shouldn’t the artist be the boss?”

 

“In my case, nope. I am the boss,” Dongwoo grins as Sunggyu groans.

 

Donggun laughs, patting the manager’s shoulder. “Dongwoo is technically your boss too. He is one of the shareholders but no one knows.”

 

The boys, aside from Sunggyu, look at each other, flabbergasted. This is too much info they heard in a night after a tiring concert.

 

“But please keep this a secret shall we?” Donggun says, putting a finger over his lips. “Other than Sunggyu, no one knows.”

 

The boys turn to look at the silent singer.

 

“How did you know, Sunggyu hyung?” Myungsoo asks.

 

Sunggyu shrugged. “After debut, coincidently,”

 

“Wow…” Sungjong says. “No wonder Dongwoo hyung can keep being Sunggyu hyung’s manager when other artist usually have a different manager a year after debut. You use your connection and power to stay,”

 

“No one can deal with Sunggyu hyung but me.” Dongwoo grins. “And now Woohyun too,”

 

“Anyhow, please keep this as a secret, okay boys?” Donggun repeated, looking at one by one of his staff with the stern look that dare them to retaliate.

 

The boys in the room quickly nod their hands and lift up their palm to swear to keep the confidential safe in a Pandora box.

 

“Good. Now, you kids should go to sleep if you want to sightseeing the town tomorrow. Dongwoo and I will have our brotherly gossip time and will take our leave now,” the CEO says, pulling Dongwoo to move their feet with his hand still on top of his younger brother while the boys stand up and bows their head to send them out.

 

“Ah, before I forgot,” Dongwoo says, turning around after the boys bid their good night to the brothers. “Myungsoo, you should tell your manager about the change of plan,”

 

“Huh?” Myungsoo says, taken off guard.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen, realizing a danger in a split second. But before he can open his mouth, Dongwoo make his first.

 

“Tell Minho you will go to Bangkok with Sunggyu hyung’s team and not going home. We don’t want him to wait for you at the airport tomorrow.”

 

Silence.

 

Myungsoo assure Dongwoo he will message his manager. The brothers leave the apartment style hotel room and close the door behind them. Sungyeol gulp his saliva. He turns his head slowly to face Woohyun.

 

Ba-dump.

 

Woohyun’s face pale as white as snow. His eyes even though looking straight at the spot Dongwoo was before he walk out, are unfocused and blank. Oblivious by the current state his boyfriend is, Sunggyu sneak a hand to Woohyun and intertwined their fingers.

 

“Well then, good night. See you guys tomorrow,” he says, turns around and pulls Woohyun to follow him but the younger didn’t budge. Sunggyu turns back, frowning. “Woohyunie?”

 

The others first looking at Sunggyu to bid their good night as well but turn their eyes to the silent assistant manager. They could see Woohyun’s eyes swift from the blank spot to the tallest in the room.

 

“Minho?” he whispers, but loud enough to reach Sungyeol’s ears.

 

Hoya tug Sungyeol’s arm. “Is this the same Choi Minho?”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes widen as he put a hand over his mouth, just realizing the secret had been broken. He look at Sungyeol, asking what they should do to clear the crisis.

 

Sungyeol slowly nods his head, holding Woohyun’s eyes. “Yes, it is the same Choi Minho.”

 

“Woohyunie!” Sunggyu quickly reach out when Woohyun falls back on the seater. “Woohyun, are you okay? What’s the matter?”

 

Hoya slump on the seat as well, cupping his face to steady his raging heart beat and calming his breath. Sungjong look from Woohyun to Hoya to Sungyeol to Myungsoo to Sunggyu, feeling left out and confused.

 

“Is something wrong?” Sungjong asks, facing Myungsoo. “Who is Minho?”

 

“My manager…” Myungsoo replies flatly.

 

“Oh…” He look at the three friends, and the elder singer. “Is something wrong?” he repeated.

 

Hoya lowered his hands to his laps, he lift his head to look at the taller beside him. “Since when?”

 

Sungyeol sighs as he lowered his bottom on the previous seat. “Early this month,”

 

“Have you meet him?” Hoya asks.

 

Sungyeol nods his head. Not knowing what to do and to entertain his curiosity, Sungjong sits down as well when he saw Myungsoo did the same. They all sit on their previous seat, with Sunggyu rubbing Woohyun’s hand and arm to comfort him.

 

“Why you didn’t tell us?” Woohyun’s voice shake when he ask the question.

 

“I don’t want any of you to know,”

 

“We work in the same building. Sooner or later, we might see him. It will be safe for now since Woohyun and I are busy with the world tour but after the tour end…” Hoya says, leaving his speech hanging.  

 

“I know, but I wish you guys never meet.” He look at Hoya. “I only saw him once at the company, it possible you guys don’t meet as well,”

 

“How is it possible?” Hoya asks, unconsciously his voice raise a pic.

 

Sungyeol turns to the man opposite of him. “Woohyun and Sunggyu hyung never saw each other this past year. So I thought it possible. Minho is an intern. I hope he leave after his interim end without you two know about this.”

 

Hoya groans. He brush his face again. He hate this. He hate knowing the subject of his middle school nightmare work in the same company as him. But….Hoya lift his head. If he had this resentment to Minho and wish to never see him again, what about Woohyun? The pain he feel and the shattered of his future won’t be easy to heal and he sure Woohyun is hundred times more hating the idea of seeing him, accidently or not.

 

Woohyun swift his eyes to Myungsoo. “He is your manager?”

 

Myungsoo nods his head. “Ye…yeah.”

 

He turns back to Sungyeol. “Sunggyu hyung has his own practise room and I never went to the other floor,” he says with a very low voice. “I am in the dance department, not singing department, it’s possible we never met before,”

 

“I know this is not the right time, but…” Sunggyu says, rubbing Woohyun’s shoulder and arm. “You really never saw me? I mean there should be my posters around the company or people talk about me.”

 

Woohyun turns his head to his boyfriend, giving a sorry smile. “I never saw you, hyung. Sometimes I remember it is your company but sometimes I forgot.” He pulls Sunggyu’s hand away from his shoulder to hold his hand and rubs its back. “I guess the Devine up there was helping me because He know I’m not ready to face you yet.”

 

Sunggyu return the smile. He want to pulls Woohyun in his arms and kiss him but the Devine up there must be really helping him. Because he was stopped before he can remember they are not alone.

 

“That’s why, I thought you and Minho won’t see each other,” Sungyeol says, pulling the others attention back at him. “The three of you have to be ready to meet. But if accident happen…like tonight…” He sighs. “That means I have use all of my power to stop you guys but He think you guys are ready,”

 

“He is Myungsoo’s manager,” Hoya says. “Even you in the same department and work with Myungsoo only see him just once, I guess it is possible we never see him,”

 

“That’s what I thought and I hope so too,” Sungyeol replies, looking at Hoya.

 

“But he is a manager and I am a manager,” Woohyun reminds them. “Sunggyu hyung’s room is on the same floor as the managing department…”

 

Sungyeol healed out a breath. “I know but…Woohyun, if you are not ready to see him, you should just ignore him if you do see him.”

 

Silence.

 

Woohyun is thinking the possibility of meeting his bully at the company. A sighs escape his lips before he shakes his head. “I’m tired and I can’t think of any. Let’s just stop talking about him and go to sleep. We want to enjoy sightseeing tomorrow,”

 

“Yes. Yes,” Myungsoo says, jumping in his seat. “Don’t let that bully ruin our happy time. Let’s stop talking about him.”

 

Sunggyu sighs. He turns to the others. “Let’s all go to sleep. Good night, boys. We will see you guys tomorrow.”

 

Sunggyu stands up, Woohyun followed, the others copying as well. The singer pulls Woohyun to the only door on the right of the living room, closed the door and lock them.

 

“Huh? Why would Woohyun go with Sunggyu hyung?” Hoya asks, puzzled.

 

“They sleep in the same room.” Myungsoo shrugged, turns around to go to the toilet.

 

“Oh, how about you guys?” Hoya asks.

 

“I share with Dongwoo hyung. Myungsoo hyung with Sungyeol hyung,” Sungjong replies. “So I will sleep with you tonight, Hoya hyung,”

 

“Don’t say it like that,” Hoya says, flabbergasted. “It sounds so wrong.”

 

Sungjong chuckles as he move his feet to the direction of one of the two doors on the left. “Our room is that one.”

 

Hoya look at Sungyeol, patting his shoulder. “I understand your concern. Both Woohyun and I are not ready to meet him. Thank you for keeping this a secret.”

 

Sungyeol smile dejectedly. “Not really a secret now.” He sighs. “Let’s just hope you guys not meet while he is there.”

 

The two friends turn around and paddled to the doors.

 

“Why he is in the entertainment company? Last time I heard he went to university to study sport.”

 

Sungyeol shrugged. “Don’t know. Ask Myungsoo,”

 

“And one more thing that really bother me,” Hoya says, stopping in his track when Sungyeol stop walking too. “Why Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun sleep in the same room?”

 

Sungyeol chuckles. “That’s what bothering you?” He shakes his head as he resume walking.

 

Hoya pouts. “It really bother me.” He turns his head over his shoulder, looking at the closed and locked door. “They are really close. Are they already close since high school?”

 

----------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.