Second day, second guessing?

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s only their second day as a fake couple and Irene is liking its perks so far. Thanks to Seulgi’s mala-bouncer presence, she had a really productive day with her readings. Every time na may magtatangkang lumapit sa table nila, biglang aakbay si Seulgi sa kanya. At first, it was really uncomfortable, but then she noticed that Seulgi’s arm is barely touching her. O ‘di kaya minsan ay titigan siya nito for no reason at all at biglang ngingiti na parang walang bukas. Never in her whole life did she get attention like this. Attention that isn’t given just because she has a pretty face seen on tv. It made her heart flutter a bit even she doesn’t want to.

Just like now.

Hindi niya mapigilang magulat nang biglang hawakan ni Seulgi ang kamay niya. Of course, this isn’t the first time they held hands but this one caught her by surprise.

“People are watching.” Nilapit ni Seulgi ang mukha niya sa sa tenga ni Irene at bumulong.

True enough, when Irene looked around, nakatingin nga ang mga tao sa kanila. It seems like people still haven’t gotten over the news of them being together. One of the downsides of being in the spotlight due to her stint as a commercial model is this: the unwanted attention. There were times she just wants to be invisible. Sometimes, she just regrets na pumasok sa show business.

“Don’t you have friends to hang out with?” Seulgi started to lead walking Irene to where the parking lot was. She realized a thing or two after observing for a couple of days.

“Required ba yun?” Tanong naman ni Irene na para bang napatigil saglit para tumingin kay Seulgi bago magpatuloy sa paglalakad.

“I knew you were introvert. But not this introvert.” Seulgi hoped she didn’t offend as she really did just state what she observed.

“I prefer to be alone.” Irene said cooly. There’s a time in her life that she had many friends. She just grew tired, knowing that they are only friends with her because she’s supposed to be cool. It didn’t take her long from walking away and doing everything by herself because it’s easier this way. The less she expects from people, the less she gets disappointed.

“Well, we’re alone together,” sabi ni Seulgi sa comment ni Irene. Somehow, she understands where the sudden deepness is coming from. It’s only been some days since she hasn’t hung out with Joy and she feels the sudden emptiness. Na parang ‘di buo yung araw niya.

Papalapit na sila sa kotse ni Irene nang bitawan ni Seulgi ang kamay ng fake girlfriend. She watched as Irene fumbled to open the door. “Irene, may I ask you something?”

Sa wakas at nakaupo na si Irene sa loob ng driver’s seat, pero h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter