Liquid Courage

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi really didn’t give it much thought. Ang alam niya lang, she’s recklessly trying to hurt her first love. In retrospect, if she does this in the future, she’d be a bad lawyer. Ever since mag-migrate si Wendy in fourth grade, Seulgi had to carefully plan her actions. Her dad is an epitome of a perfectionist and her mom is just always in the limelight. On the outside, they seem to be the perfect family. Her dad’s a lawyer of a telecommunications company, her mom is a top prosecutor, and she, well she is their perfect daughter racking up awards academically. Pero ang hindi alam ng lahat, all of it is a façade and the truth is Seulgi’s parents were never home.

To other people, yung mga pang-aasar na “di ka lab ng mama mo” at “kulang sa aruga”, wala lang sa kanila yun. But to Seulgi it meant everything.

She mostly lived with her aunt’s family since kapit-bahay niya ang mga ito. Parang anak na ang turing nito sa kanya. And Wendy was a person who’s always dear to her.

Noong bata pa sila, Seulgi only had Wendy and they’d do everything together.

Nakita niya na nagmessage si Wendy as she makes her way with Irene towards the entrance of the field where the said acquaintance party is.

/ Joy asked me to be her date at the acquaintance party. /

Knowing her best friend, gagawin talaga niya yun. Joy is such a free-spirited person.

The whole open field is filled high tables resembling a bar layout where people can mingle and drink, the music is blaring like there’s no tomorrow. In short, it’s the perfect party to start the semester.

Pagpasok pa lang nina Seulgi at Irene, they were instantly crowded with photographers at mga nagpupumilit maging photographer gamit ang mga iPhone nila. After kumalat ng post tungkol sa kanila ni Irene, everybody’s been trying to get more information from her. Her law friends also asked her about the legality of it, but she would just shrug it off. True, the news has been really overwhelming for her. She isn’t really the type to step into the limelight since she’s a very simple person. The only reason it’s been big is because it’s with Irene. Mukhang hindi niya napag-handaan ng mabuti ang outcome ng deal na ginawa niya, pero nandito na ito. There’s no use crying over spilled milk.

Seulgi thinks she should be adjusted to this as her fake-girlfriend is always in the limelight. Naka-akbay siya kay Irene to make sure people would get that they’re d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter