Jealousy + New TA

Having a crush on my TA?

Your POV-

Now that the news about the two TA's dating in the class was revealed it seemed as if Mark was no longer paying attention to you and more towards his girlfriend Wendy.

A part of you wanted to yell at him for basically playing with your feelings for the past couple of months but at the same time you just thought that maybe this was a sign for you to move on from him completely.

But anyway here's how my Monday's and Wednesday's have been in this class:

Monday-

(Professor)-Everyone get out Aftereffects since we'll be going into groups of 4-5 students soon in breakout rooms, there won't be any TA's with you today but I'll be sweeping from room to room to check up on every group's progress throughout class.

Wednesday-

(During the breakout room sessions)-

(Little update with you was that you actually requested the professor to switch TA's since what happened with the stalker last time (along with the whole Mark situation which of course you didn't tell) but understanding your reasoning the professor switched you into another room for the remaining of the quarter)

I'm sure what you're all wondering...did Mark notice your absence?

The short answer is no, but the long answer is it took him about a week to realize you were no longer in his group of assigned students.

Was this decision too much? Should you have just stayed in his group and put up with Wendy and him basically smiling at each other?

Like how could someone just change so quickly? One day you and him were speaking your secret language and having the best time, but now it was like you didn't even exist to him.

Here's what I mean:

 Prior to you leaving his group. There were days when you would ask questions using your mic (on purpose) so everyone could hear you including Mark and instead of doing his job, he told you to hold off on questions until he was done explaining. But the funny thing is that he only treated you that way and talked to every other student normally. Like what was his deal?


Oops before I forget here's who your new TA is:

Image result for hongseok visitng teacher

Facts about him:

Name: Hongseok Yang

Age: 21 (same as yours)

Personality: Friendly and Energetic

For instance, despite you being new into his group of students he was kind enough to set up an appointment to get to know what areas you needed assistance with. Whenever you didn't understand a question he would take time to go over everything step by step and made sure you got the main point of the assignment. 

Was he cute? Yeah but you knew that at this point he was just eye candy to keep you from thinking of Mark.

You also found yourself being more comfortable around him since you two were the same age.

Here's how most of your appointment sessions went- especially the one's that were around night time (from 6-8pm) since that's when he was available due to his class schedule. (b/c it was around night time the professor wouldn't have to monitor you two which in this case made the tutoring sessions less awkward)

(Hongseok)-hi y/n-ah thank you for coming in to meet you me, how can I help you?

(You)-Uhm I'm not gonna lie I'm struggling a lot 

(Hongseok)-What part are you struggling with the most? 

(You)-(proceeds to ask question after question)

(Hongseok)-(as you were asking questions he was actually finding tutorials for you and going onto aftereffects to show you how to do everything with also then having you redo what he had shown you- to prove that you understood his instructions....and more boring tutoring stuff)

Let's fast forward to the end of the session when the two of you talk more casually:

(You)-Thank you for your help today

(Hongseok)-No problem I enjoy helping you anyway (he says while smiling while winking jokingly)

(You)-Don't look at me like that

(Hongseok)-What am I not allowed to smile towards you now?

(You)-I'm not sure if you've tried that trick on other girls but it's not going to work on me buddy

(Hongseok)-Oh come on I know you like my smile (he says teasing you)

(You)-I think this is a sign that we've been on this zoom call for too long

(Hongseok)-I'll let you go but before that I just want to tell you that you've improved a lot during the time I've been helping you out so don't worry too much. I know how hard online learning can be so let me know whenever you're stressed out.

(You)-(replied with a nod, holding back tears since this quarter has been incredibly difficult and the fact that he told you that you were doing a good job just hit the spot for you to tear up)

So yeah you guessed it, you cried after that zoom call.


Meanwhile with Mark

(Mark on the phone)-Is your ex-boyfriend no longer contacting you now?

(Wendy)-yeah thanks for your help, I had no idea he was a student of mine in the beginning and then all of a sudden I kept getting suspicious emails and texts from a random number. Thanks for pretending to be my boyfriend for the week, I owe you.

(Mark)-Don't worry about it, I'm just glad my friend is safe.

(Wendy)-Well I got to head out so I'll talk to you later then

The two then ended their call and this is when Mark went into grading the group assignments and noticed something different about the class roster.

(His thoughts)-"what happened to Y/N's name, did she drop the class?"

As mentioned previously it had been a week at this point from when you asked to leave Mark's group, and since Mark was too busy helping Wendy with her student stalking her he noticed too late.

He then emailed the professor to ask about the situation.

To his questions the professor replied with:

(Professor)-"Hello Mark, Did Y/N not tell you about this matter? She asked about a week ago to transfer out of your breakout room after the incident she had with one of your students. She's now in the new TA's breakout room who actually just entered our class not too long ago"

(His thoughts)-"why wouldn't she tell me that she was leaving?"

He then proceeded to text you and try to call you until he remembered that you had blocked his number again for the remaining of the quarter.

He then decided to look up information on the new TA to make sure you would still be in good hands, but most of his photos on his profile were of him shirtless:

Exhibit A:

Image result for hongseok

Image result for hongseok

(Mark's reaction)-"oh come on why did he have to have abs? Y/N can't see these photos of him! hopefully he's not hitting on her...ohh no I gotta get her back!"

Just as these photos were on Mark's computer, Jackson and Bambam had happened to walk into his room and looked at Mark with a questionable look.

(Bambam)-Hyung is there something you want to tell us?

(Jackson)-So this is why you weren't talking to any new girls lately, you should've told me you were in the closet

(Mark)-What are you two idiots talking about? This is Y/N-ah's new TA and I'm just doing some background check on him.

(Bambam)-You sure this is for her sake? Why do you have like 10 tabs with just shirtless pics of this guy?

(Jackson)-Yeah come on let us look too, I do need some motivation to work out again (they say while pushing Mark out of his chair to look closer at the screen)

Mark then was stuck being in the living room and continued having to explain his uality to his roommates for the rest of the evening.

Also what will happen once the two of you realize there was a misunderstanding about the whole Wendy situation? Will you two be friends again?

Maybe talking things out will be better for you two~

To be continued

(Author's note: No hate was meant to be towards the LGBTQ+ community in this chapter, so if anything was misleading I apologize in advance, also sorry this chapter was an absolute mess. I'm open to any criticism in the comments.)