Graduation + Hongseok's Return

Having a crush on my TA?

Mark's POV-

Hello everyone, I know it's odd for me to start off the chapter from my perspective but you see I'm taking over today to surprise Y/N as she's finally graduating college in the next couple of days. It's been a long journey hasn't it?

Being her boyfriend I wanted to prepare a surprise party with both her friends and my roommates since they were part of the planning committee regardless if they were invited or not.

We're not doing anything crazy since Y/N doesn't like big extravagant parties but prefers smaller gatherings with her close friends instead.

We ended up agreeing on meeting at a nearby cafe that has her favorite macaroons and red velvet cake.

Here's how the planning went:


(Day 1 out of 7)-

(Jackson)-Dude you never got this excited to plan for our birthday, she must be a special one.

(Bambam)-Yeah hyung you only got me a gift card for my birthday last year! not fair!

(Mark)-You said you wanted to go shopping so I got you a gift card so you would have a discount, plus I never buy anything you like anyway so I figured it was a win-win situation

(Jackson)-So what is this going to be a big party or something? how much decorations do we need? you know I'm like broke right?

(Mark)-(takes out his wallet and gives his card to Jackson)-"here use mine"

(Bambam)-Are there going to be girls other than Y/N at this party?

(Mark)-Yeah Y/N's friends will be there most likely since they'll be helping us distract Y/N on the day of her graduation so that she won't think anything was out of the ordinaryShe literally thinks I'm not going to make it to her graduation.

(Jackson)-Oh so you're lying to her then, wow great plan Mark! I applaud you

(Mark)-No it's all part of the surprise

(Bambam)-Well as long as there's girls for Jackson hyung and I, we'll be there

(Mark)-Great now go help me buy some decorations


(Day 5 out of 7)-

(Mark calling Arin to confirm on the time)

(Mark)-Hey so I reserved the cafe until 3pm or so since graduation ends around 1pm right roughly? that should be enough time right?

(Arin)-Yeah sounds good we were planning on stalling at a nearby gas station on our way on the day of, I'll let Yeri know as well, see you all in a couple of days.

(Mark)-Alright thanks, bye


D-day

(Your POV)-

Both Yeri and Arin helped you get to graduation on time but because of the heavy traffic it seemed as if it wasn't going to happen.

(Arin)-Get out of my way sir! Use your blinkers that's what they are for!

(Yeri)-Y/N-ah regardless of Arin's road rage we just want to say we're proud of you!

(Arin)-I don't have road rage, people just don't know how to drive!

(You)-Thanks but unfortunately I need to see my diploma in order to feel like I've accomplished something for the past 5 years of my life. Also like what's the point of graduation if they're just going to mail my diploma anyway?

Flashforward to the graduation ceremony:

It had lasted about an hour to announce every student by their department and once it had finished everyone had walked backstage inside the venue to head back outside to meet with their friends and family.

You ended up getting a little lost but after making a few phone calls with Arin and Yeri you three decided to meet back at the parking lot garage to head back home (as you thought).

(You)-Hey, I'm starving should we get some burgers on the way?

(Arin)-Actually we plan on eating somewhere else, but we have to stop for gas on the way first, you can get some snacks there if you're feeling hungry.

(Yeri)-Yeah just sit back and relax since I know how little sleep you got last night

Soon enough you fell asleep in the back seat and the two were now on the way to meet up with Mark and his friends.


At the cafe

While walking to the cafe you found it odd that both Arin and Yeri were covering your eyes with their hands.

By the time the three of you made it to the entrance you saw everyone yelling: "congratulations" and was surprised to see Mark and you ran to hug him.

(You)-Aww did you plan this for me?

(Mark)-You didn't think I would miss your special day now would you? (he said with giving you a kiss)

(Arin)-Okay everyone let's order since Y/N is hungry

Before ordering food you walked around the room to thank everyone who came and finally got to meet Bambam and Jackson.

(Bambam and Jackson)-Hi Y/N-ssi

(You)-Hi I'm glad to finally meet you, Mark has told me alot about you two

(Bambam)-Oh really? all good we hope

(Jackson)-So before the day ends we wanted to ask if you're friends were single

(You)-Hmm let me check, they are but unfortunately they aren't interested in dating at the moment

(Bambam)-Aww too bad (they said as the two went back to talk to Mark)

The mini party was all you ever really needed after a stressful 5 years of college but guess what we made it this far!

Sharing laughs made this day even more special.

This day couldn't be more perfect....that was until you got a text from your ex-boyfriend Hongseok out of the blue.

Luckily you had gotten the text while you were heading to the bathroom so no one would notice a change in your behavior.

But anyways, here is what his text said:

(Hongseok)-Hey, I know we haven't really talked in a while but would you mind coming over to my place tonight? I really need to talk to you about something. Here's the address.

While looking at the text, you also looked back at Mark who was sitting at the couch smiling with your friends.

It's not like you wanted to betray Mark by secretly meeting up with your ex, but why was it that you still trusted Hongseok enough to believe something was wrong? Since you two remained as friends after all.

Is it right for you to meet up with Hongseok? or to head back to your place with Mark?

To be continued