Reuniting

Having a crush on my TA?

Your POV-

So yeah guess how long it took for me to see Mark again?

Not one year....or two.....or three or four.....but FIVE!

Imagine being left with no answers for five years, how does one move on from that?

I've went on a quest to find this man and after about 4 years, I finally decided to move on.

I understand that Mark didn't want to show himself in such a miserable state but at this point I'm not even sure if he still cares about me.

So as usual I went to go work and basically had to remember a time in my life when Mark didn't exist.

I would occassionally visit our old college campus and the streets we used to walk on just to reminisce over the good time we've shared.

But at the same time they only reminded me of how someone we've cared so much about could easily leave us sometimes with no explanation.

You figured that maybe this was your fate after all, after all the way you two met sounds like a complete made up love story.

The one thing that you kept asking yourself however as whether or not you could love someone in the same way you loved Mark.

Since he was your first love after all as cringey as that may sound. After meeting him you realized that the guys you supposedly thought you loved were nothing but just crushes, as the moment you saw Mark you forget about them immediately.

But with Mark you realized that wasn't something you could easily do, forgetting about him that is.

It only made you more upset that Mark was probably somewhere well off living his best life while you were crying about him every night.

Little did you know that Mark was just as miserable as you were.....


Mark's POV-

Yeah I know I seem like the bad guy in the story right now but let me tell you that these past five years haven't been exactly how I planned it out to be.

Remember that text message I got when i dropped off Y/N?

Well it was regarding my mother's passing at the hospital and I didn't know what to do, other than driving off to the hospital immediately.

Her death not only impacted our whole family but our family's business as well, since my parent's worked hard to provide for us growing up by working at a cleaners and I guess that working till your 50's isn't exactly the best thing to do when you have health conditions that you can't keep ignoring.

Being the oldest out of my siblings I had to fill in the empty space of working at the counter at the cleaners and also pitching in to cook and clean around the house more often.

Did I want to tell Y/N about my situation? Of course! But seeing that time has passed now i figured she no longer wants to even see me. I'm a fool aren't I?

I can only hope for her to have a brighter future than me, since she worked hard with her studies to graduate (as we all know).

I know that we never officially broke up but I felt that the distance only reminded me of how much I lacked to be in Y/N's future.

Did I mention that she would send me videos everyday when I left?

Those videos are probably the reason why I've made it this far and the reason I never gave up.

I never thought I would see her again..that was until one night when I was leaving the convienient store in my neighborhood.


Here's how that interaction went:

While we was walking up hill to head to his apartment he had saw you walking towards him.

(You)-Mark? is that you? (you said while walking closer to him)

(Mark)-Yeah it's me y/n-ah, it's been a while hasn't it?

(You)-That's it?

(Mark)-What do you mean?

(You)-You don't have anything else to tell me? you've left me for 5 years Mark, don't I deserve an explanation?!

(Mark)-Believe me I wanted to tell you many many times, but it's not easy to tell you these things...I lost everything.

(You)-I thought we were close enough to rely on each other, but you know what maybe this is where we should end things. (you said while facing away from him, about to walk away until he stops you)

(Mark)-I'm sorry (he says while giving you a backhug)

(You)-If you're sorry, then let me back into your life.

This is where Mark unfortunately lets you go as he let go your embrace and left you outside as he headed back inside to his apartment.

However you went ahead and followed him inside his apartment to tell him one last thing.

(You)-I'm not waiting for you anymore Mark, so don't expect me to keep a place in my heart for you anymore.

(Mark)-I've hurt you enough, I don't expect anything from you in return

(You)-Did you even love me? (you asked in tears)

(Mark)-(walks towards you to give you a passionate kiss before telling you)-"of course I did, and I always will"

(You)-Then why did you leave me? I know you're hurt but that doesn't mean you have to face it all on your own.

(Mark)-I really don't deserve you (he says while cupping your face to wipe away your tears)

(You)-Yeah you really don't but I still love you, so I guess I don't deserve you either

After talking about your feelings for the rest of the night, the two of you realized just how much you needed one another.

Despite how much you hated him, your love for him is what made you stay.

Sure a happy ending was far from happening but at least Mark was a part of your life again, and that's all you've ever wanted.

Being in love is not just about being happy together, but also knowing how to argue and resolve issues.

Hope everyone that's read this story will find someone that will be with them during the good and the bad.

The end