16 The Secret Deal

Snowy Day at the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Drama, Fluff, Romance, School

Summary: Troublemaker Chaewon offers Hitomi a deal to kiss her everyday so that she will stop bringing trouble to the school.

Word Count: 4238

Hashtag: #SSBB_SecretDeal

 

The Secret Deal

 

Hitomi doesn’t get it. She doesn’t understand how the new student, Kim Chaewon, brings so much trouble just during her first week of school. Being late to school is fine but punching a senior until he's sent to the hospital? During the first week of school? Seriously? 

 

≈≈≈

 

Honda Hitomi is the president of the student council in Enozi High. Contrary to her cute and fluffy cheeks, she is probably one of the scariest people in the school. Hitomi was raised in a strict family, that's why she has always been an obedient girl who follows every single rule in life and of course, she expects the others to do the same. There was once when Hitomi made a junior cry just by glaring at him. Since then, she's known in the school as the 'demon head'. Sometimes even teachers in school would think twice before approaching Hitomi for something. 

 

Getting herself into troublesome things is one thing that Hitomi hates. She has always been very organised about her stuff, so wasting time would be the very last thing she wants to do. However, for whatever thoughts that have been running in the school principal’s mind, she requested Hitomi to talk to the new girl, asking her to try convincing Chaewon from bringing more trouble to the school. 

 

As much as Hitomi wanted to reject the idea from the school principal, she reminded herself that she is the president of the school’s student council. If she isn’t the person to do it, who else will? 

 

Sighing to herself, she could only accept her fate and hope that everything will turn out smoothly. 

 

It didn’t, obviously. 

 

The moment Hitomi saw Chaewon with that I-don’t-care-whatever-you-want-to-say attitude, she knew this conversation would not turn out smoothly, even with that deadly glare of her. 

 

"Kim Chaewo-" 

 

"Whatever you're going to tell me, I won't listen...and I don't care either. "

 

Hitomi was cut off before she could finish calling her name. 

 

How rude. 

 

"Fine. As much as I don't want to waste my time on someone like you, I won't go on and give you a lecture about it. You know what you've done." Hitomi tried to hold her annoyance. 

 

"But, also as much as I don't want to give a damn about you, I have to do my job as the student council's president, and the school principal was the one who sent me here. So tell me instead, what can I do to stop you, Kim Chaewon, from being such a headache to the school?" she continued, without forgetting to hang a fake smile after she finished her sentence. 

 

Chaewon wasn't planning to comply at all at first but upon hearing Hitomi's question, an evil thought popped up in her head. 

 

Why not make things more interesting? 

 

"Maybe if you kiss me once a day and I'll be the good kid that you would never expect me to be." She said nonchalantly, with a cheeky wink following up. 

 

Shocked, confused, disgusted. Weird combinations of emotions flooded through Hitomi's mind. Her brain failed to register what Chaewon just said. It was too unexpected. So unexpected that she predicted a thousand kinds of replies Chaewon could've given but this one. 

 

Chaewon is like a puzzle to her. An unsolvable one. No matter how hard she tried to read and understand Chaewon, she couldn't. She felt like Chaewon and her are from two different worlds, so different that they could never relate to each other. 

 

On the other hand, it was all interesting to look at Hitomi's face. One could only dream about Hitomi giving such faces upon hearing a simple sentence but Chaewon managed to make it happen right in front of her. 

 

She was equally amazed to see Hitomi's reaction just because of a teasing statement. It was too, unpredicted by Chaewon. Got to admit, that was probably the most interesting reaction Chaewon had ever seen in her whole life. 

 

"So what's your answer Miss President?" 

 

"W-what?" snapping out of her mind, Hitomi just realised that she hasn't given Chaewon an answer since she was having a hard time taking in the question. 

 

"Your answer, to my request." Chaewon repeated. 

 

Hitomi paused, again. This time, she's thinking for an answer. 

 

"... No." she said, before taking a deep breath. "I don't know what's in your mind but my answer is no. Now that there’s nothing that I can do, I will just let the principal deal with you. Hope to never see you again.” turning around, Hitomi walked away without looking back. 

 

Staring at Hitomi's back, Chaewon muttered to herself. 

 

"We will see…" 

 

 ≈≈≈

If you were to ask Hitomi, she is definitely having the worst school life she’s ever had right now. Ever since that day when Hitomi decided to confront Chaewon, the older girl started to pick on her for some unknown reason. 

 

Embarrassing her in the public, mocking her in any way possible, pulling silly pranks on her. Hitomi thought these things would only happen in movies but she realised she’s totally wrong. They are all happening to her now, in real life. She doesn’t get the point of someone doing such meaningless things to the others whom they barely even know. Chaewon could’ve spent her time on something more useful, but she chose not to. Which is why, Hitomi thought that she could never understand what goes around in Chaewon’s mind. 

 

In all honesty, Hitomi did not mind all those silly things Chaewon did to her since she thought the older girl would get bored and stop eventually if she doesn’t give any reaction to the latter.

 

Once again, she's wrong. 

 

It has been exactly a month since Chaewon disturbed Hitomi’s peaceful school life. Rather than feeling defeated, Hitomi felt super frustrated. Her friends started to distance themselves from her since they’re all afraid of Chaewon. They didn’t want to be the next victim so instead of standing up for Hitomi, they decided to leave her instead. Not that Hitomi mind though, she knew it right from the start that they only befriended her because she is the president of the student council. Their purpose all along was to take advantage of her. 

 

What intimidated Hitomi the most was not about her “friends” but the amount of extra workload she got all thanks to Chaewon. All these complaints from the students and teachers, asking her to do something with the new girl, when she has totally zero idea on how to solve the huge problem. 

 

At the same time, the exam date was also approaching nearer and nearer as days passed. The number of things Hitomi has to do were getting piled up and it’s almost driving her crazy. Together with the external stress caused by the constant disturbance from Chaewon, she’s on her edge of breaking down. 

 

She has to talk to Chaewon. 

 

≈≈≈

Chaewon is currently waiting outside a bakery shop near their school. She has no idea why Hitomi insisted on meeting here instead of just meeting in school but she could care less anyway. 

 

"Here." Hitomi suddenly came out from the bakery with a few freshly baked bread she bought and gave one of them to Chaewon. 

 

"... Trying to bribe me with bread heh? I'm not that cheap you know. " Chaewon said, taking over the bread regardless. 

 

Sighing in annoyance, Hitomi spoke again. "I'm not going to beat around the bush. We both know why we're here." 

 

Chaewon nodded. 

 

"And I hope you can just stop making my life more difficult than it already was." she continued. 

 

"You already know the solution to this problem though." Chaewon replied. 

 

"What?" Hitomi asked, looking bemused. 

 

"We've talked about this before. The deal. A kiss from you, to the lips, every day." Chaewon answered, not forgetting about that cocky wink of hers. 

 

"You know I'm serious here." 

 

"Do I look like I'm joking right now?" 

 

Surprisingly, Chaewon said that in a serious tone. Too serious for someone like her. It was supposed to be just a tease but she got real with it somehow. Even herself doesn't know why. 

 

On the other side, It was a bit too hard for Hitomi to process the seriousness of Chaewon. Why is she so obsessed with that deal? 

 

"Is that the only way?" 

 

"Mhm" A suspiciously bright smile. 

 

“... Fine. But please do know that, you’re nothing special to me at all, and you will never be.” Hitomi glared at Chaewon, obviously feeling annoyed and hateful. 

 

“I don’t really care what you think of me, just as long as I get a kiss from a pretty girl like you every day.” Chaewon said it with that shameless wink of her, again. 

 

Sighing for the nth time today, feeling defeated and restless, the Japanese girl walked away without giving Chaewon another glance. 

 

Chaewon looked at Hitomi while the younger was walking away, a smile creeped up her face.

 

That was way easier than expected. 

 

≈≈≈

After their last meet up with Hitomi agreeing with Chaewon's deal, Hitomi decided that it would only take place in the student council's office after school, for two reasons. First, because there's lesser people after school and second, she doesn't want anyone to see it. 

 

Their first time was a total disaster. Chaewon will never forget how desperate Hitomi wanted to end it, so the latter just smashed her lips towards herself, causing their teeth to clash with each other which leads to Chaewon's bleeding lips. 

 

Even though the only reply she got from Hitomi was none other than the word "Deserved." 

 

≈≈≈

As someone who lives up to her words, Hitomi has been obeying and following the deal every day and to her surprise, Chaewon did the same too.  She basically had a 360-degree personality change which made the whole sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter