10 Sketches of You

Snowy Day at the Bakery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Healing

Summary: A once strong love has fallen apart. Chaewon still loves Hitomi, but she chooses to leave her, afraid she can hurt Hitomi again. After a year later, fate had let them meet each other again. Can their love still have a second chance when one can't remember their memories anymore?

Word Count: 13000

Hashtag: #SSBB_SketchesOfYou

 

Sketches of You

 

“The victims of the accident last night are now safe. The girl named Honda Hitomi was still unconscious but she was now away from danger. And the daughter of the stockwelm president –Kim Chaewon was now conscious and is taking her recovery before going back home. The two victims knew each other and it looks like they have some things that they hadn’t sorted ou—” the dark-haired girl had switched off the television and closed her eyes as she tried to calm herself down. She hadn’t noticed that someone had already gone inside her room to check up on her.

 

“Chaewon-ah” a short-haired blonde girl had called. She saw the remote in her hands and walked closer to Chaewon.

 

The blonde girl caressed the troubled girl’s hair while her eyes are full of worries.

 

“Stop watching the news, they don’t know the real story,” the blonde girl said and tears from the Chaewon's eyes starts to fall. She opened her eyes and looked at the blonde haired girl, sadness, and guilt was evident in her eyes.

 

“But Eunbi Unnie, they are right, if only I explained everything to her, if I tried to explain everything, then everything should have been fixed. It’s all my fault” Chaewon said and sobbed while Eunbi hugged. Chaewon was feeling hurt and guilty right now about what happened between her and Hitomi. She blames herself for what happened, even though it’s not really her fault. She just loves Hitomi so much that she chose to let everyone blame her.

 

“It’s not your fault, Chae,” Eunbi said as she tried to comfort the crying girl in her arms.

 

Chaewon remembered her memories with Hitomi and she continued crying. Eunbi just held her in her arms to comfort her.

  

“Unnie” Chaewon starts once she calmed down from crying.

 

Eunbi felt how hurt and how helpless Chaewon is. Eunbi wished she can say that everything will be all right. But she knows that she can’t especially now that she has some news for Chaewon to share.

 

“I made my decision,” Chaewon said and broke the hug and wiped her tears. “I’m going back to Korea and leave Japan as soon as possible” Chaewon said and her voice cracked, obviously trying to hide the pain that she is feeling right now.

 

 

“Chae, can you listen to me first before going back?” Eunbi said seriously and Chaweon saw her reaction. “What is it Unnie, she’s safe right?” Chaewon asked worriedly and tried to search Eunbi’s eyes for answers, but all she could find was sadness.

 

“She’s safe, Chae” Eunbi started and Chaewon sighed with relief hearing the news of her love. But Eunbi continued her words which made Chaewon’s heart break.

 

“But the doctor says she doesn’t remember anything at all from her memories, she doesn’t even know who she is,” Eunbi said while looking down and Chaewon nodded while trying to stop the tears from falling.

 

“I think that’s for the better Unnie, she can’t remember me, so I’m going to take advantage of it and get out of her life. I don’t want to cause her pain anymore. She’s been hurt too much” Chaewon said and tears start to fall from her eyes again. Eunbi cried with her this time. Eunbi understands how hard it is for Chaewon to leave Hitomi, but she has no choice because she loves Hitomi and she doesn’t want to hurt her again. Isn’t it important when you love someone? To leave their side even if it hurts you because you know that they’ll be happy and will not be hurt anymore? So she decided to leave Japan after she was discharged at the hospital. It hurts her but it's all for her Hitomi. To make her happy and to not hurt her anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

It was a year after the accident and a blonde girl with chubby cheeks had exhaled before opening her email. She was nervous but she opened her mail hoping for success, that she can be accepted by the company.

 

 

She shouts excitedly once she reads the letter saying that she was now an official artist in the company and has to move to Korea. The blonde girl didn’t even mind moving to Korea, she just wants the job. So she jumped and celebrated while her roommate had woken up from her sleep. She was working at a call center that’s why she is having her rest right now. But she didn’t mind being disturbed when she saw her roommate’s expression. Happiness and excitement were evident in her roommate’s eyes.

 

 

“Hichan! Are you finally accepted?” her roommate asked and the blonde girl nodded her head happily while smiling proudly.

 

 

“I did Nako. And I will move to Korea!” Nako immediately stood up and jumped together with Hitomi as they celebrated.

 

 

Later, their pink-haired roommate had gone inside the room and she noticed her two roommates celebrating. She widens her eyes, knowing what the two are celebrating. But she just asked to confirm.

 

“Hii, did you get accepted to illustrate and draw for the company?” the pink-haired girl asked and both of her roommates had nodded their heads.

 

 

“I made it, Kkura Unnie! I’m an official artist” Hitomi shouted with a smile on her face and her two roommates jumped happily with her.

 

 

When they were all tired from the celebration, Hitomi then looked at the pink-haired girl.

 

 

“Sakura Unnie, my department will be in Korea. And I need you to come with me” Hitomi said to the pink-haired girl.

 

 

But Sakura’s face became worried. “I’m not sure, Hii” Sakura said. Hitomi shakes her head. She walked closer to Sakura and held her hand.

 

“Look, Unnie, this is just a one-time opportunity. You need to make things right, because you finally decided right now that you still love her right?” Hitomi asked and Sakura nodded. “Then come with me and ask for a sign, if the two of you had met again, then you will tell her how you feel,” Hitomi said and Sakura just nodded. The worried expression was no longer there and was replaced with excitement. “And to do that, you must come with me to Korea, okay?” Hitomi asked and Sakura smiled while nodding happily.

 

 

 

So the two of them had gone to Korea and they adjusted easily, thankful that they took some Korean classes when they were still in Japan.

 

 

They decided to not be roommates this time, but their apartments were quite close to each other, only a walking distance.

 

 

 

Hitomi called Sakura for them to have some groceries together but Sakura had been called for work and Hitomi went alone to the market to buy some groceries.

 

 

 

 

Chaewon is living her days with no joy since her separation with Hitomi last year. What can she do? She lost her only love that is why she can’t just easily accept what happened. It was hard on her part living with regret and pain, so nobody can blame her for how she is living her life. She is still living her life, and that is all that matters.

 

Chaewon was on her way to the grocery. She always ordered take out foods for herself, but this time, something was hinting to her to go to the mart, so she went to not troubled on her thoughts

 

 

Chaewon bumped into someone as she followed the apple that rolled on the floor. Their heads bumped into each other and Chaewon caressed her head as she stood up to apologize to the girl. But she was surprised once she saw who the girl was. The face was so familiar that she wants to hug her right now. It was Hitomi, Hitomi was in front of her and laughing at her. She wants to hug the girl she loves the most and the girl that she loves the most. Nothing has changed in Chaewon’s feelings, she still loves her Hitomi.

 

Hitomi just giggled while apologizing to Chaewon. “I’m sorry about that, I didn’t see you becau—“ she stopped when the girl in front of her hugged her suddenly.

 

Chaewon wanted to run away, wanted to leave as she did a year ago because there are so many what-ifs on her mind right now. What if Hitomi remembered her suddenly once she saw her face? What if she already remembered her past but she is just hiding it? And what if Hitomi will hurt herself again once she remembers her memories with Chaewon? But all of these were ignored because Chaewon misses her so badly. It’s been a year since she was longing for Hitomi. She misses her and it drives her insane every time she thinks of her. And just like a puppet, she let her emotions control her and hugged the girl she loves the most. Once she felt Hitomi on her arms again, it feels like she had continued breathing, it feels like she was now finally alive because of Hitomi. Her reason for living will always be Hitomi—the girl she loved and will always love.

 

Hitomi didn’t have the chance to stop the hug, but once she was captured by Chaewon’s arms, she felt a familiar feeling, she felt longing and sadness rushed through her while she was being hugged. And it feels like the time stood still when Chaewon hugged her tighter, she felt secured and happy that she was being hugged by a stranger in front of her. She doesn’t know who this person is but why does she feel these emotions? Why does she feel that she is longing for this touch, for her touch?

 

Hitomi just let her hug her, but didn’t hug her back. Chaewon broke the hug once she came back to her senses and apologized for her actions.

 

She looked down and scratched her head.

 

 

 

“I apologize for my actions earlier. I didn’t mean to do that” Chaewon said

 

 

Hitomi smiled and nodded. Chaewon saw how bright she is and she misses her more. But guilt was also in her feelings, thinking ‘why did she hurt this precious person in front of her?’

 

 

“It’s alright, I just can’t remember you and can’t recognize you” Hitomi started and her eyes were full of apologies. “I was involved in an accident a year ago and it causes me to lose my memories and not recognize the faces of people,” Hitomi said, she feels sorry if she doesn’t recognize the girl in front of her.

 

 

“Can’t recognize people’s faces? W-what do you mean?” Chaewon was confused at the information

 

 

“Ah, face blindness,” Hitomi said clearly and Chaewon felt guilt all over her body. She just didn’t hurt her and caused her amnesia, she even causes her to have face blindness. Why does she hurt her like this? Why does she make her suffer like this? Because that’s not what she deserves. She thinks that it’s all her fault that she is suffering like this, and she wanted to apologize even if she knows that it can’t do anything. But she just wants to, she wants to apologize for hurting her like this.

 

 

“I’m sorry,” Chaewon said as she tried to stop the tears from coming out of her eyes.

 

 

“It’s okay, you didn’t know” Hitomi smiled. Chaewon was glad that she doesn’t know what she is apologizing for. Because she was not yet ready to see Hitomi hurt again, she doesn’t want to see Hitomi be mad at her, and she doesn’t want Hitomi to remember how she hurt her and thinks that maybe it’s better to not be remembered by Hitomi. It’s better than hurting the one she loves. Suddenly, tears from Chaewon’s eyes start to fall. Chaewon was looking at Hitomi like she was looking at Hitomi and realized how much she loves this girl. How much she wanted to be with her but she can’t.

 

 

Hitomi became worried once she saw the tears from Chaewon’s eyes, and wiped them immediately.

 

 

“Why are you crying, Miss?” Hitomi asked as she was still wiping the tears from the stranger’s eyes.

 

Chaewon suddenly stepped back and wiped her tears when she realized how close Hitomi is to her.

 

“Ah, this is nothing, I just remembered someone who was also in an accident” Chaewon wipes her tears

 

Hitomi felt that she had to comfort the girl in front of her, so she just thought that if she opened another topic, then maybe the girl in front of her can forget about the sad memory she had to think about.

 

 

“Uhm, how do you know me? Because back then, you hugged me, a-are you perhaps, my friend way back in Japan?” Hitomi asked and Chaewon looked at her.

 

 

Chaewon thought of it. And decided that maybe it’s for the better to lie about this matter. To lie and cover up the fact that they were once lovers and that she hurt her and she was the one who caused her this face blindness and amnesia.

 

“Y-yeah, we are friends in Japan back then” Chaewon lied

 

And Hitomi’s eyes went wide once she heard the words from Chaewon. She felt happy that she got to meet someone from Japan and she was also her friend. So Hitomi immediately threw her arms at Chaewon which surprised Chaewon. She hugged Hitomi back and closed her eyes. Treasuring how she feels when Hitomi hugs her like this because this is the only way for her to hug Hitomi, by being her friend. And she can’t ask for anything anymore because Hitomi was in her arms right now.

 

Once Hitomi broke the hug, she was still looking at Chaewon with Happiness and with a smile on her face, and Chaewon did the same, she smiled by seeing how happy her love was in front of her.

 

 

“What’s your name then?” Hitomi asked

 

 

Chaewon debates to herself whether to tell the truth about this one or lie again, but she just decided to tell the truth. She still wants Hitomi to call her by name because she misses it. She misses everything about Hitomi.

 

 

“Chaewon, I’m Kim Chaewon” Handshake is what follows as they have smiles on their faces. 

 

 

Hitomi then asked for Chaewon’s number for her to contact her old friend to be in touch with her friend long ago. Chaewon debates whether she will give it or not. 

 

But she decided to give it since she thought that they would not meet again after this. She will stay away from Hitomi. She thinks that she doesn’t want to add more lies in this conversation they are having right now.

 

“Hey, can you give me your number? So that I can contact you and to stay in touch with each other” Hitomi said

 

Chaewon just nodded and gave her number to Hitomi.

 

After exchanging numbers, Chaewon bid goodbye and after she went away from Hitomi, she ran through a bathroom and cried. She misses her Hitomi and she wants to hold her and be with her again. But she knows that she can’t. So she just cried until she calmed herself down.

 

 

 

 

 

It has been two days already since Chaewon and Hitomi’s encounter. Hitomi had tried contacting Chaewon a lot of times, but Chaewon didn’t answer. Chaewon cries at her apartment every time because she’s in pain, she is hurt so bad that she needs to let it out, and crying is the only option she can do.

 

 

 

It was Sunday and Hitomi just went out to go to the mart, she saw Chaewon getting inside her car when she looked out her window. Hitomi immediately stopped the car and immediately went out and ran towards Chaewon. Chaewon started the car and was surprised when she saw Hitomi in front,thankfully she stopped the car before she could hit the Hitomi. Chaewon remembered the accident that happened a year ago, she was trying not to hurt Hitomi, but today, she almost hit her. She immediately went out of the car.

 

“Yah! Are you even thinking? What if I didn’t pull the brake early!?” Chaewon shouted and Hitomi’s smile faded. She looked down and responded quietly.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I was just surprised to see you. I was contacting you every time but you didn’t respond. I was just excited to see you that’s why” 

 

“You could‘ve hurt!”Chaewon raised her voice and Hitomi was surprised to see Chaewon this angry.

 

“But I didn’t. I guess you’re not that glad to see me” Hitomi said and was about to walk out but Chaewon held her hand and pulled her against her, and hugged her.

 

She put her hand on Hitomi’s head and caressed it gently. Hitomi’s eyes widened with surprise. She’s not complaining at the hug, actually, it looks weird that she is comfortable with the hug of someone she just met.

 

 

But she just froze on Chaewon’s arms. Chaewon then whispered as she apologized to Hitomi.

 

 

“I’m sorry. I was just scared because I might hurt you” Hitomi then hugged her after hearing her words. 

 

“I’m safe okay? I’m sorry too for running immediately like that” Chaewon felt relieved when she heard Hitomi’s voice. Thankful that she is not dreaming and that Hitomi was in her arms right now.

 

 

 

The both of them stayed like that for a while and when they broke their hug, Hitomi asked when Chaewon had already calmed down. Chaewon said she is and Hitomi gave her a smile. Chaewon became worried seeing how Hitomi became skinnier. Suddenly, she wanted to make her eat more, maybe she’ll pull this friend card for her to convince Hitomi. Yes, she is considering being with Hitomi even just as her friend because she misses Hitomi so much that she doesn’t even care about being just her friend. She thinks that it’s worth it because she can be with Hitomi. All her thoughts and what-ifs had been washed away, all she can think about right now, is Hitomi.

 

 

Chaewon still has 40 minutes of free time so she agreed when Hitomi asked for some coffee inside her apartment. Both had their morning coffee and talked about some things. Hitomi asked how they met and Chaewon told her the truth, that they are childhood buddies and they are so close with each other and separated when Chaewon moved to Korea. Chaewon told the truth, but she just skipped the fact that they had become lovers and all the complications that they had gone through that caused them separation.

 

 

Hitomi nodded her head when she heard Chaewon’s lacking information, but she is now happy that she knew something from her past.

 

 

Chaewon thinks that she can be by Hitomi’s side and thinks that maybe this time, she can be selfish too. To be by Hitomi’s side. That it’s okay to be with her because being a friend is only what Hitomi wants. And also because she wants to be happy. Even though she knows that Hitomi can’t be hers, she was happy just being able to talk with Hitomi and by being her friend.

 

 

 

 

 

They bid goodbye and Chaewon captured every moment with Hitomi. She captured all her smiles, laugh and jokes and kept them safe in her memory and heart. If she decides to be Hitomi’s friend, she wonders how long she can be contented by this. She just hoped and wished that she could last long to make Hitomi stay by her side longer.

 

“Thank you for the coffee, and the talk of course,” Hitomi said and the both of them exchanged smiles.

 

“Anytime, Hitoma” the old endearment had slipped Chaewon’s tongue.

 

Hitomi’s eyes widened at what she heard. “I’m sorry?”

 

 

“Ah, that was one of your nicknames back then,” Chaewon said, hiding the fact that it was what she calls her as an endearment.

 

 

Chaewon sensed that the conversation was about to go awkward because of the nickname that had slipped from her tongue. She can’t read Hitomi’s expression and she thought that maybe she doesn’t want the nickname anymore. So she took the chance to say goodbye and told Hitomi that she is going to be late for her meeting even though it is still a little early.

 

 

 

It was a day after Hitomi and Chaewon’s meeting. And Hitomi had been called for her work. She enters the building and looked at her surroundings. She smiled seeing how this company is so huge. She then saw a girl with red hair who was smiling at her ahd stopped walking when she was in front of her.

“Honda Hitomi?” the red-haired girl asked and Hitomi nodded her head.

 

“Welcome to stockwelm. Congratulations on being accepted into gaming department. I’m your team leader, Lee Chaeyeon and I’m going to tour you before you meet our Vice President” Hitom felt nervous suddenly. But she smiled back at her team leader and nodded her head.

 

“Nice to meet you, team leader Chaeyeon” Hitomi said and they both had their handshake.

 

Chaeyeon did what she said earlier and toured Hitomi on the company and they’re now in front of the room of the vice President. Technically, they were supposed to meet the president too but he went out because it’s her schedule on his checkup for today. So here they are, at the front of the vice president’s office.

 

 

“Hiichan, the vice president is so kind and hardworking too, she’s very accommodating when something is lacking in your reports and will say it kindly. Don’t be nervous okay?” Chaeyeon said as she saw Hitomi being nervous. Hitomi nodded and Chaeyeon reminded Hitomi of something she forgot earlier. “Oh, and never talk about the vice president’s relationship with the president because she is the daughter of the President and…” Chaeyeon decided to whisper the next words instead. “their relationship is not that great I think,” Hitomi nodded her head at the newly acquired information and took a deep breath.

 

“Are you ready?” Chaeyeon asked and Hitomi nodded her head. Chaeyeon knocked on the door and she told the vice president that the new artist had already arrived. The vice president summoned them. Hitomi was surprised when she recognize Chaewon’s posture. Hitomi is not the only one who was surprised but also Chaewon when she lifted her head to look at the new artist.

 

 

“Chaewon stood up and removed her glasses, she was surprised. 

 

“H-hitomi?” Chaewon called and Hitomi smiled awkwardly. She recognized the voice and she knew it was Chaewon. She didn’t expect that her boss will be Chaewon. “H-hi, Chaewon” Hitomi said. Chaeyeon was surprised that they know each other. But she excused herself when she saw Chaewon’s face, wanting to talk to Hitomi. When Chaeyeon excused herself, Chaewon and Hitomi smiled as they met again after yesterday, without planning where to meet and meeting today at all. Then they smiled thinking that fate is very kind for both of them.

 

 

When Chaewon found out that Hitomi is working at their company, she took this as a sign to not run away anymore, maybe this is the time to give in and be friends with Hitomi.

 

 

So when it was their breaktime, she immediately went to the cafeteria. A place that she doesn’t usually go to. She always eats late outside. But here she is, in the cafeteria and is searching for someone. She saw Hitomi eating at the corner table and she immediately walked to get her tray and her food. The feeling she has, whenever she saw Hitomi years ago, is still there. Her heart is beating fast and she feels butterflies on her stomach as she walks closer to the chubby cheeks girl.

 

 

“Can I join you?” Chaewon asked with hopeful eyes and a smile on her lips.

 

Hitomi lifted her head. She recognized the voice immediately and smiled. She sees Chaewon’s blurry face but she knows that she is smiling. Being face blinded is hard, but for Hitomi, whenever Chaewon is around, it doesn’t seem hard. She makes recognizing her easy like she always has a familiar feeling to Hitomi. And Hitomi likes this feeling where she can easily recognize Chaewon.

 

"Go ahead," Hitomi said with a smile and Chaewon happily sat down. The two had their chat while eating and Chaewon knew that she might have lunch here often because of someone.

 

 

It was a sunny day, a perfect day to have a picnic. Hitomi and Sakura decided to have a picnic that day. It was their first time having a picnic in Korea. And Hitomi was so excited and prepared lots of food for her and Sakura to enjoy.

 

Hitomi was on her way to, she was getting near there and the smile on her face was wide. She was happy to spend her off day to a picnic. But her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her phone ring. She answered it with a smile on her face.

 

 

"Hii, are you getting near to the location?" She heard her Sakura Unnie said while panting

 

 

"Why Unnie, what's wrong? Why do you sound worried?" Hitomi asked worriedly

 

 

"Hii, I saw her again. And I'm following her right now. Am I doing the right thing?" Sakura asked and Hitomi just said yes. She can't let her waste the opportunity. Fate wanted her and her first love to meet again. And so she didn't care if she'll be spending the picnic alone anymore.

 

 

"Unnie! Follow her and tell her how you truly feel!" Hitomi said cheerfully for her friend

 

 

"How about you? What about our picnic?" Sakura asked and Hitomi shakes her head.

 

"Ehy, don't worry about me, just go get your girl!" Hitomi said cheerfully and ended the call. After she ended the call, she then stopped her car. Unfortunately she arrived on where they'll be having their picnic. She sighed to herself and lightly bumped her head to the steering wheel. She can't just spend the whole day having picnic to herself can she?

 

 

She sat  in her car and thought of a way to spend her day off.

 

 

Sakura was already tired from running and following someone. But she can’t just give up. She realized that she loves her after being away from her for a year. So here she is, finding a way on how to get her back. Luckily the girl she was following stopped by a flower shop. So Sakura did her best to run faster. She is not really that athletically talented but what is giving her power right now is the girl she is following.

 

 

She was out of breath when she arrived at where the girl was. She was panting hard and is very sweaty but she doesn’t care. She just wants to be with her love again.

 

She tapped on the shoulder of the girl and a blonde girl faced Sakura with a what-is-it look. Sakura smiled even she was panting. Her brain is not really processing right now. She was just mesmerized at the beauty in front of her. The girl had become really pretty after a year, and Sakura can’t help but admire the beauty in front of her.

 

“K-kura?” the girl asked with a surprised face.

 

“Hi, Eun” Sakura said and smiled

 

Sakura wanted to ask how Eunbi had been doing, but it’s like her tongue is frozen at the moment.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” Eunbi asked, still surprised

 

 

“I uhm… I came here because there is someone I need to talk to. And to apologize to her because I didn’t choose her last time. I was a coward and got confused easily” Sakura said seriously. But Eunbi was not buying any of it. She was hurt by Sakura a year ago. And now, she’s scared to trust her. But when you ask if she still has feelings for the young girl, she does, she still loves her, but she is afraid to be hurt and to trust again. So she immediately walked away from Sakura. But Sakura was not ready to give up and immediately followed Eunbi. She held her from her hands and tried to pull her against her to hug her, but before she could do that, Eunbi pushed Sakura and immediately ran off to cross the street. Sakura looked at Eunbi and noticed the car that was approaching Eunbi. So she ran fast and pushed Eunbi away to avoid getting hit by the car. And the next thing Sakura saw was pitch black.

 

 

Sakura opened her eyes and she saw a white ceiling. She can hear someone crying and she looks at her side. She saw Eunbi crying while covering her face with her hands. She lifted her hands and caressed Eunbi’s face.

 

 

Eunbi then removed her hands on her face and looked at Sakura.

 

 

“Yah! Why did you do that? What if something worse happens to you?” Eunbi said between sobs

 

 

“Because I don’t want to hurt you anymore. I’ve hurt you a year ago, telling you that I was confused, but I should not shut you off. I’m sorry” Sakura said.

 

 

 

Eunbi continued crying, but this time, seeing Sakura on hospital bed with a cast on her other arm and a bandage on her head had made her realize that maybe it’s worth it to trust Sakura.

 

“Do you still like me?” Eunbi asked and she is still crying

 

 

“No” Sakura said and Eunbi cried harder. She is now confused at Sakura’s words and why did she even hurt herself for her. So she starts to hit Sakura while crying harder

 

 

“Because I already love you,” Sakura said between the hits and Eunbi stopped what she was doing and stopped crying.

 

“W-what?” Eunbi asked, confirming that she heard the right words.

 

“I love you, Kwon Eunbi,” Sakura said with a serious face and Eunbi then embraced Sakura while crying again.

 

 

“I love you too, Miyawaki. Don’t ever shut me out again” Eunbi said and Sakura nodded. They both smiled at each other and slowly, their faces inches to each other to capture each other’s lips.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter