Chapter7

Chapters

It was Wednesday night and Phoebe was busy writing up the beginning of her book. Most of what she was writing was based on what had happened in the last months. She was finally getting caught up in the events but she was missing his side of the story. While she had decided that the mystery guy would be a famous actor she really wished she could have his perspective of the story. 

           Her phone pinged from a text message. She noticed that it was almost 11 at night. “He’s up late,” She mused. 

           Him: You up?

           Her: Yeah, you ok?

           Him: I can’t sleep.

           Her: What’s on your mind? 

           Him: Too much to unwrap really. Why are you still up?

           Her: Writing. 

           Him: Oh! About what?

           Her: You’re gonna laugh. It’s a story loosely based on our interactions. 

           Him: That actually sounds like a pretty interesting book. 

           She smiled as she looked at the phone. Phoebe wished she could conjure up an image of some guy in the city who was lying awake in bed and felt the need to text her. All she could imagine was what she could remember, his eyes. 

           Her: Well the real thing is pretty interesting as well. 

           Him: I’m nervous if you ever met me though. 

           Her: Why? 

           Him: What if you get mad cause you felt like I deceived you? Or I don’t meet your expectations?

           Phoebe thought it strange that she actually talked about this to Paenji a few days ago. She thought about her friend’s words for a moment. It seemed like both of them were concerned about the future of their relationship. 

           Her: Well, for one, we have been pretty vague except you know what I look like and where I work and I told you that on my own free will. As for expectations… I don’t have any. I don’t know enough about you to have any. 

           Him: Ok, cause that’s been racking my brain for the last week or so. 

           Her: You’ve earned my trust. Especially after I told you where I worked and no strange masked man with a bucket hat on showed up. 

           Him: I told you I am unable to be a stalker. One because of my work, and two that is too freaky for me to do. 

           Her: lol good to know. 

           Hoseok felt better after getting that off his chest. He sunk deeper into his bed waiting for sleep to take him but it didn’t. His mind was still full of thoughts and questions. 

Him: Why did you text me, mysterious convenience store guy?

Her: Well, why did you ask me for my number after I ruined your shirt? 

Him: I thought you were cute and I wanted to get to know you. 

Her: Odd way to go about it… but I texted you cause I was curious and like I’ve said before, I played it safe all my life I wanted to take a chance. 

Him: Like with moving across the world?

Her: Yeah. 

Him: I took a chance when I decided I wanted to work in the music industry. I won’t lie it was so hard at the beginning, but I was lucky I had my family for support. 

Her: Do you still struggle? 

Him: It’s hard not to in this industry. The weight of all of the requirements can be so hard sometimes. 

 Phoebe hadn’t thought about the stress of the people who were behind the scenes.

He was still fighting every day to remain relevant in the industry. Even if the general public had no idea who he was. 

           Her: You know you can always vent to me as I do with you. 

           Hoseok stared at his phone reading the words over and over. He had been struggling but he couldn’t tell her it was the weight of the upcoming tour paired with writing solo pieces. She couldn’t know yet. 

           Him: Thanks, It’s been stressful with so many artists working on their solo tracks and group comebacks. 

           Her: I can imagine. Actually, I can’t really. I just got my work project and my side project. 

           Him: You just have a different reason to be stressed. I can’t imagine being in a new country alone. 

           Her: It has definitely been an adventure.  

           Her: You should get some sleep though. As do I. Don’t let your thoughts run too rampant. 

           Him: Easier said than done. But you’re right. Good night. 

           Her: Night.