Chapter 14

Chapters

It was about two in the morning in Seoul. Phoebe was trying to stay awake by diligently writing. BTS was about a week away from coming back home. Hoseok and Phoebe had been growing closer and flirting more. It felt nice to have such a relationship even if most of it had been long distance. Her rough draft was almost done and she expected it to be edited and done in the next month. Hoseok and the rest of BTS were finishing up the overseas part of the tour in Europe. He was in London this week she was staying up in hopes to get to talk to him. 

A notification popped up on her computer that he was calling. She straightened up and answered the call. Hoseok's bright smile took up her screen. He was in his hotel room throwing on a fresh shirt. 

"Phoebe," he breathed, "I'm sorry you've stayed up so late for me." 

"It's ok I know you had a radio interview today. You heading out for dinner?" 

"Yeah, heard about this good steak restaurant that we need to go to." He ran his hand through his hair. Phoebe wasn't sure she could get used to him looking at her like that. She wasn't sure if she would get used to it when he would be home. "You should get some sleep, Phoebe." 

"I can't there's this cute guy on my screen. He's very distracting." She narrowed her eyes with a smirk. Hoseok leaned back trying to give her a full view teasing her. 

"Hmm well then. I guess I should go." Phoebe's eyes widened. 

"No. You don't have to go!" 

Hoseok chuckled before leaning in, "Less than a week. Now get some sleep." 

"Fine. I guess I shouldn't be dead on a Monday," She sighed. 

"Good night Phoebe," Hoseok said with a smile and wink. 

"Have a good dinner Hobi." 

 

~

 

Friday came slowly for Phoebe. Chan hadn't been asking her but his stares were enough to unnerve her. Paenji was finishing their biggest project to date wanting to finish it up before the weekend since BTS was coming home tomorrow. She and Taehyung had become a couple just like Phoebe and Hoseok. Phoebe and Paenji were even planning a double date for the near future. Both women were giddy at their desks finishing up work before the weekend. Tomorrow they had planned to go to the airport to welcome the guys home as fans then meet up with them for dinner. 

"Why are both of you in such a good mood?" Chan asked. 

"Got big plans for the weekend to celebrate finishing up our biggest project." Paenji's cocky smile put Chan off. 

"And what would those plans include?" He asked as his gaze fell back on Phoebe. 

"Wouldn't you like to know," Phoebe grumbled without looking up. She could have sworn she heard his grip on the desk tightened. Phoebe didn't quite understand why he was so hyper-focused on her. It had been just about two months since she told him, no but he was still so adamant on going on a date with her. She figured he would sulk for a few days then move on but it seemed his ego took over. 

Hoseok hadn't been answering back her texts. She figured he was busy but hearing from him sure would've helped cheer her up a bit. She held onto the knowledge that she would see him tomorrow. Thinking about it brought a smile to her face. She tore into her work skipping lunch without realizing it. Before she knew it it was five in the evening and everyone was getting ready to head out. 

"Phoebe," Paenji called, "Want me to walk you to the bus stop?" 

"Sounds like a plan." Phoebe nodded and smiled. Paenji had often wait with her at the bus stop since Chan threatened her book and had continued to make her feel uncomfortable. The two left before Chan had gotten up. Once they were in the elevator they looked at each other and began to giggle. 

"It's going to be the longest night ever," Paenji laughed. 

"Yeup. Ugh, it's going to but tomorrow is going to be amazing." 

"God it has to not get to actually do..." Paenji stopped her sentence causing a side glare from Phoebe. 

"I don't wanna know," Phoebe laughed. They locked arms as the elevator door opened and headed towards the bus stop. Once she had gotten on the bus and the two friends parted ways Phoebe couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Hoseok was finally coming home and soon right before her. He had already planned to take her out next week before their final two concerts next weekend and she couldn't wait. She also had planned a dinner for them that she would cook. 

While on the bus it had started to rain pretty hard. She sighed as she came up to her stop. Phoebe still took her time getting home just generally enjoying the lighthearted feeling in her heart. She felt her parents smiling down on her just glad that she was happy. When she got to her street she saw a familiar car parked outside of her flat and a man in a bucket hat wearing a mask leaned against her door holding hydrangeas. Her heart stopped just as her feet did as she tried to process who she saw. 

Phoebe began to walk again but faster. Her pace quickened as she got closer to him. "Hoseok," She breathed. He lowered his mask to reveal his big smile. A smile overtook her lips as she threw her umbrella to the side. Without thinking she ran into his arm and wrapped her's around him. She held him tightly smiling into the crook of his neck. "You're early." 

"We got back earlier than originally planned. Thought I would surprise you." Hoseok and Phoebe moved to see each other's faces. 

"Well, I wasn't planning for you tonight but you are more than welcomed inside where it's not cold and wet." Hoseok didn't answer right away. Instead, he just looked at her amazed that she was in his arms again. 

"Sure. We can order delivery." 

"Or I can just make you kimchi fried rice?" She raised an eyebrow with a smirk. 

"Sounds perfect." 

The pair headed inside holding hands. Hoseok handed her the flowers and admired her expression as she smiled. "They're beautiful. Can you hold them so I can get a vase?" 

"Sure." Hoseok took them and watched her open up a cabinet and pull out a crystal vase and fill it with water. He took a moment to look around the flat. She had really made it her home in the last five months. To his left was the small kitchen and she had a sitting area across from it with a TV. Her bed was on the far side of the room near the large window. 

"Thank you." Phoebe took the flowers and put them in the vase on the counter. "What else did you want in your rice? I've got chicken and steak." 

"Hmm, chicken sounds good. Let me help." They worked side by side to get dinner ready and chatted about the past week. It all felt so natural even though this had been the first time they had been alone like this. While their conversations had felt normal she could feel her skin tingle. Hoseok fought the urge to touch her, to tuck her loose hairs behind her ear. 

"So, how does it feel to be home finally?" Phoebe asked as she served up the food. He sat on the barstool next to her.

"I'll miss doing all of the concerts but it's nice to be home and to be with you finally." Phoebe stuffed her face with rice trying not to blush. "Why are you trying to hide your blushing Phoebe?" He leaned in with a smile. She covered her smiled as she tried to finish chewing her food. 

"You're such a tease!" She poked him playfully. The two ate and playfully teased each other. Clean up was quick with two. While they cleaned up the dishes they had decided to chill on the couch and watch TV. Hoseok headed for the couch first and had his arm draped over the top of the couch. He looked so inviting when she was standing before him. He tilted his head with a smirk. He needed no words for her to know what he was wanting. Phoebe happily sat close to him but she didn't expect for his arm to lower and wrap around her waist pulling her closer to him. She tried to not act surprised when his hand rested on her thigh.

The couple settled into their position and began to go through some of Hoseok's photos and videos from the tour that didn't make it onto social media. While he was telling stories and laughing with her, Phoebe enjoyed the sensation of his thumb tracing circles on her leg. As time passed both grew more comfortable with each other. Phoebe's head was now leaning on his chest her eyes on the same level as his chin and her hand also resting on his thigh. 

After a while, they began watching a movie but neither one was paying attention to what was on the screen. Instead, they were hyper-aware of each other's movements. Phoebe felt Hoseok look down towards her. When she looked up to him their faces were not even an inch apart. Hoseok's free hand traced down her jawline with their eyes locked. Phoebe's breathing hitched when his gaze moved to her lips. His kiss was soft on her lips and his sweet scent was intoxicating. 

He slowly pulled away with his eyes looking her face up and down examining her, "I'm sorry was that too forward?" 

Phoebe smiled, "Not at all." His lips came crashing down on her's. Phoebe readjusted herself allowing her to deepen the kiss. Her hand that was on his thigh was now on his chest making it's way up to his shoulder. A small moan came from Phoebe. She could feel the smile on his lips as he now ran his hand upon her thigh. He couldn't get enough of her. The last four months had almost been like torture to not be able to hold her, but now he couldn't be happier to have her in his arms.