Chapter 15

Chapters

Phoebe woke up in her bed the next morning initially thinking that what happened last night was a dream. That kiss almost didn't seem real so as she woke up she was a little shocked to feel Hoseok shift behind her. A squeak escaped her lips as his arm around her waist tightened. As she began to run through the events of the night in her head she smiled. They had talked late into the night between kisses before they finally went to bed. Even though they had gone to bed fully clothed she couldn't help but feel giddy that she was in bed with him. Trying to not wake him, she turned around to see his angelic sleeping face. His lips twitched as she lightly grazed her fingertips over his cheek. She watched as he slowly woke up. His lazy gaze landed on her and he smiled before he pulled her close to him and kissed her brow. 

"Good morning beautiful," he said in a low voice. 

"Morning convenience store cutie." He chuckled at her greeting. Hoseok grazed her cheek with his thumb as he was amazed she had waited for him. He had worried the entire four months she would either go back to L.A. or fall for someone else but, here she was not on a screen but right before him. 

"What are you so deep in thought about?" Her question brought him out of his thoughts. 

"Just thinking how happy I am you kept your promise." 

"Did you think I wouldn't?" 

"I was scared that you would find something... or someone better." She could tell he was trying to hold back his anxiety and tears. Phoebe ran her hands up his chest thinking about what to say for a moment. 

"My life is here now so, I wouldn't go anywhere. As for someone else," she paused and shifted closer to him, "Who could possibly be better than you? Just like every other Army member knows, I know about her. I am not her. I don't give up because you're not here for four months out of the year. I don't give up because of money or any other bull excuse people make because it gets hard. Hoseok I promised you I would wait so I did." 

"I have nothing to say except thank you." 

"You don't have to say anything. We just woke up." Trying to hide her smile and blush she tucked her head under his chin. 

"How dare you hide your cute blush from me." He pushed her away to look at her. She giggled and bit her lip making him groan at how cute he thought her reaction was. He kissed her deeply before taking one last look at her and rolling over to check his phone. 

"Do you need to go?" He could hear the sadness in her voice. 

"Actually no. The only thing I have for today is the big dinner tonight. Namjoon was just texting me to make sure I was alright. Told him I was more than alright." She smiled at his words before sitting up. 

"Breakfast?" 

"Don't mind if I do," Hoseok said before pulling her back down and planting kisses up and down her neck. She giggled between sighs as he didn't leave an inch of her neck unkissed. He finally allowed her to get up to make him breakfast. Hoseok watched her make an omelet with rice and her favorite English breakfast tea. She thought she could hear his stomach growl but he continued to watch her with such loving eyes. 

"Lay down. You're getting breakfast in bed." He looked confused at her command. 

"Wait what?" 

"You just got back from tour. Now, you're getting breakfast in bed for your first morning back home." She carried a tray over to the bed and set it between them. They chowed down on the food and would steal glances at each other. 

"Why don't you get ready for dinner in a bit and we go to my place for me to get ready?" 

"I think I can do that. I also don't think I've been to your place." 

"Go get ready and I'll clean this up." He leaned over and kissed her before he took the tray and headed for the kitchen. Phoebe sighed and headed to pick out her outfit before heading to the bathroom. It wasn't far from the front of her mind that while she was showering, he was just on the other side of the wall. Once she was dressed she poked her head out of the door to find Hoseok leaning against the back of the couch scrolling through his phone. He looked up and gave her a big smile. 

"You ready?" 

"Mhm." Phoebe nodded her head as she went to grab her purse and jacket. 

The floor where all of the guys lived was quiet. She figured that they were still asleep or relaxing before tonight. Hoseok unlocked his apartment door and lead her in. If she was being honest, she preferred Hoseok's apartment to Jin's. The layout was similar but Hoseok's decor was more eclectic with shelves decorated with his favorite collectibles. The right wall of the living room was a giant window overlooking the courtyard. 

"I'm gonna go grab a shower. Make yourself at home." He planted a kiss on her cheek before disappearing down a hall. Phoebe now found herself in his apartment alone. She looked around the living room for a moment looking at the displays with various collectibles and awards. She had recognized some of the items from lives and photos. The large sectional couch sat in front of the large tv that she wondered how much he actually used. 

Phoebe wandered down a short hallway before finding herself in his personal studio and office. The lighting was dim giving off a comforting vibe. She smiled at the Hope World album work hanging on the wall with a shelf filled with letters from fans including her's. It had been so long since she had seen it she got a little embarrassed as she picked it up and read it. She put it back on the shelf and continued around the room. Phoebe couldn't believe she was here in his private studio. A part of her just wanted to sit and absorb what residual talent was left in the room from Hoseok's recording sessions. 

Curiosity led her back out to the living area and towards the hallway that he had disappeared to. Much of the hallway was littered with natural light from the skylights. She opened the first door that led to what she figured was a guest bedroom. It was simple and functional. Phoebe moved on to the next room that she assumed was the master suite.

"I swear if you're Hoseok," she commented as she walked in. The first thing she noticed was the wall of glass that looked out over Seoul. She chuckled when she saw the large bed in front of the window. Phoebe tried to keep her head out of the gutter as she heard the shower cut off. She panicked for a moment. When Hoseok said "Make yourself at home," she figured he didn't mean just meander to his bedroom. 

As the door opened she scooted towards the bed and pulled out her phone trying to look casual. Hoseok came out of the bathroom with a colorful button-up and faded jeans on. He was smiling as he finished drying his hair with a towel. 

"I figured you would find your way here." She could help but to smile back like a dofus. 

"It definitely was interesting having a look inside the mind of J-hope," she giggled. 

"Interesting?" Hoseok cocked his head to the side as he tossed the towel on the bed behind her. 

"Very eclectic but in a good way. Kida fun to see some of the stuff that you would have behind you in vlogs." Hoseok sat next to her and kissed her cheek. Phoebe had nowhere to hide her blush and he loved it. "I swear. Please don't make me blush like that in public." 

"Never. For my eyes only," he growled. 

"Hoseok!" Phoebe hushed while he laughed. 

"Sorry, you're just really cute when you blush." 

"Wonder if I've ever made you blush..." The picture she sent him some time again came to mind. 

"Well, when you sent that picture it did more than made me blush." He scowled her, "Namjoon is still wondering what made me so wide-eyed in the car that day." Phoebe busted out in laughter. 

"Sorry! I didn't think about one of the guys seeing it. I mean it was nothing incriminating." 

"You know how you guys always say 'Those boys know what they're doing,' whenever we give a look or something and Twitter blows up?" Phoebe nodded in reply, "Yeah it's the same thing! You knew what you were doing!" 

Phoebe laughed at Hoseok's joking outburst, "Well, maybe you shouldn't have sent that inspirational message." 

"I'll give you some inspiration now," he growled as he ran his hand around to the back of her neck and claimed her lips with his. Phoebe wasn't sure if she would get used to how sweet he smelled or how he tasted when his tongue would slip between her lips. It took every ounce of control he had to not pin her down on the bed when a moan escaped her lips. Hoseok pulled away and looked at her with passion in his eyes. Phoebe breathlessly examined him. She had never seen those eyes look like that. 

'We got a couple of hours,' she thought before pulling on his shirt to passionately kiss him as she pulled him down with her onto the bed.