Chapter 13

Chapters

Hoesok was fuming in the makeup chair. He hated being so far away and not able to do much. Jin could feel the heat radiating off of him. 

“You ok there?” Jin asked. 

“No. An is harassing Phoebe because she won’t go on a date with him, and I’m in Paris nowhere near her.” He pinched the bridge of his nose. 

“I mean it wouldn’t hurt to flex those idol muscles. How is he harassing her?” 

“I don’t know yet. She’s going to call me once she’s home.” He sighed heavily looking at himself in the mirror. His makeup artist was touching up his makeup when his phone began to ring. Hoseok hopped out of his chair and left the room to get some privacy. 

“Phoebe,” He breathed. 

“Hoseok, I’m so sorry I know I must be bothering you while you’re working.” 

“You never bother me. You’re doing what I asked. What did he do?” His last words sounded like a growl to Phoebe. She was silent for a moment before she spoke, “He told me that he would block my book being published if I kept refusing him.” 

“That bastard,” Hoseok growled. “If he really succeeds in pulling that off I think I maybe

able to pull some strings with someone to make sure if efforts are in vain.” 

“Hoseok, while I appreciate that I wanna make sure my book gets published because it’s good not because of you.” 

“You know, Jin told me to flex my idol muscles, guess this may not have been the right time,” Hoseok sighed. Phoebe chuckled. He was so sweet and caring it made her happy. 

“It’s the thought that counts and it means so much you would do something like that when I know you’re so busy but I need to do this on my own merit.” 

“No, I understand. I’m the same way.” Hoseok leaned up against the wall. He was less angry after talking to her. She sounded determined and that made him feel better. 

“Hoseok?”

“Hmm?” He hummed. 

“Thank you for listening and for offering to help. That alone means a lot.” Hoseok sighed with a smile. He was more than happy to just be a shoulder to cry on for her. Namjoon popped his head out from the makeup room. 

“Hey man, we got ten minutes.” Hoseok nodded at Namjoon. 

“I’ve gotta go. You gonna be ok?” 

“Yeah, I’m gonna work on my book. I keep getting inspiration for it from some Kpop idol,” she giggled. 

“Well then,” Hoseok said in a low voice, “When I get back I’ll make sure you get more inspiration.” Phoebe tried not to let him hear hitched breathing. Both of them were starting to flirt a bit more but that line threw her for a loop. 

“I can’t wait. Now go work.” 

“Night Phoebe," he chuckled

“Night Hoseok.” Phoebe smiled as she put the phone down and took off her jacket. She had barely gotten home before she called him. She slumped against the counter remembering his line about "inspiration." Her cheeks were flushed from remembering how his voices sounded saying that. Phoebe tried not to let those thoughts flood her mind as she headed to change into comfy clothes for the night. 

"Damn you Hoseok," She said to herself, "Damn you for saying something like that." She hadn't been intimate with anyone in several years. Phoebe grabbed her laptop and slid into bed ready to write till she fell asleep. The couple had already revealed themselves to each other in her book but she needed an antagonist. She felt it being a coworker would be too obvious and a family member would be too typical. 

"Maybe a wealthy ex? Yeah, that sounds like a good problem... well for character development anyways." She jotted down some notes for going back and mentioning her. Phoebe was happy in her own little world writing what essentially was her story with some modifications. She was writing a sweet scene between the couple when a thought popped into her mind. Hoseok's words were still swimming around in her mind. She remembered his expression Saturday morning when he woke her up not expecting to see her in shorts and in a tank top. An evil grin grew on her lips. She knew he had a show appearance that should be ending in about thirty minutes. 

Moving the laptop to the side she made herself comfy like she was that Saturday and angled the phone's camera to show him what little clothing she had on. Looking at the pictures she felt they were tamed really, but she looked cute and inviting. "Jesus Phoebe, are we really about to send the J-hope a cute yet enticing photo while he's working?" She took one last look at the photo. "Yes, we are. He did it to himself really. Talking about inspiration like that." Phoebe mumbled to herself as she typed up the text and attached the image.  

Phoebe: Thanks for listening and for caring. I may be up late writing. Text me when you can.  

Hoseok had finished shooting the interview and was changing with the guys to head and grab dinner before rehearsal. As they were heading out they were joking around with each other about the stupid answers that they gave. He remembered that his phone had a few notifications that he needed to check on as he slid into the car. His eye went wide at the text from Phoebe. 

"My god woman," he whispered. 

"What is it? Namjoon asked as he leaned in to see what Hoseok was ogling at. Hoseok pulled away as he gave him a stern look. 

"None of your business." He took one last glance at the photo and read the text before putting it away for later. Hoseok knew he had brought this on with the inspiration line. A smirk grew on his lips. He knew his cheesy pickup line did something to her or else she wouldn't have retaliated. As he traced his grin with his finger he thought about it. He wondered how much of this boldness would still be around when he got back home. He also wondered the same for himself. 

Hoseok: I'll be back at the hotel in a few hours. If you're still up did you want to chat more?

Phoebe: Sure!