Chapter 25

Chapters

Phoebe was so busy doing her regular work and preparing for the book launch that the six months flew by. Her being busy and Hoseok preparing for another album launch meant there were strings of days where they wouldn't see each other. Phoebe was pained on those nights where she would get off the phone with an exhausted Hoseok and go to sleep in an empty bed. 

While Hoseok hated not seeing her most days it gave him time to work on his music and bang his head at the jeweler's trying to find the perfect ring. He and Jimin were at the sixth jewelers for the week. Jimin was behind his old roommate with a smirk as he watched him mull over diamond rings. 

"Maybe you're looking for the wrong thing Hobi." 

"No, I know what I'm looking for," Hoseok mumbled. 

"A unique diamond ring?" Jimin asked. 

"Yes." 

"You know there's nothing too unique about a diamond ring anymore. Everyone has one." Jimin leaned against a marble pillar with a sigh. 

"Then what would you suggest?" Hoseok pushed away from the counter and approached Jimin. 

"An opal. It's unique and you can have a halo of diamonds around it if you want." 

The idea struck Hoseok like a ton of bricks. An opal suited her well and he kicked himself for not thinking about it earlier. He turned back to the jewelry salesperson and asked for their opal rings. Jimin chuckled as he followed Hoseok back to the counter. After him glossing over the rings his eyes landed on a rose gold ring with an opal at the center. It was simple but stood out. A smile grew on Hoseok's face. 

"That one. The rose gold one." The salesperson handed it to him. Hoseok turned to Jimin to show him. Jimin smiled and nodded. 

"Perfect." 

"I'll take it." Hoseok took a sigh of relief. Jimin patted Hoseok's shoulder with a giggle. 

"She'll love it." 

"I just hope she says yes!" Hoseok tried to laugh but he was terrified. Jimin let out a small sigh. He was happy for his friend for finally finding someone that made him happy. 

"So, when are you asking?" 

"Tomorrow after her book release. I'm taking her to the same place I took her on our first official date but I rented out the entire place so we will be alone on the terrace. Which reminds me I need to call the florist to confirm..." 

"Hey! Mr. Perfectionist." Jimin's words caught Hoseok's attention, "Stop stressing. She will love it. Now, you can call the florist on the car on our way back to the studio. We have a dance rehearsal in an hour. " 

Hoseok nodded as he took the bag that had been overly done. He checked to see if the ring was even in the bag that was stuffed to the brim with tissue paper with the jeweler's logo. Jimin threw his arm over his shoulder as they left the store and headed back to the car. 

Phoebe was finishing up the last details of tomorrow's event while waiting for the final approval of her last edit on a translation she had been working on for the last month. She sighed when she realized she still had about 100 books to autograph for the PR department to send out tonight. 

"Another night without out seeing Hoseok," she quietly moaned. Paenji eyed her friend who was slouched in her chair. 

"What else do you have for tomorrow's event?" 

"I've gotta go to the bookstore to make sure everything got delivered," Phoebe mumbled. 

"Do you have an itemized list?" 

"Mhmm."

"Give it to me. I'll go over there when I'm off so you can get to work on the autographs." Paenji's hand was outstretched. Phoebe smiled as she thanked her and handed her the checklist. She looked at the stack of books and got to work signing them. Coworkers began to leave one by one leaving her alone on the floor to finish her work. 

After signing the last book she looked at the time and sighed. The clock on her computer read 8:30 pm. "Hoseok is probably at the studio or home by now." As if he knew she was thinking about him her phone rang with his name lighting up the scene.

"Hey love," she answered with a smile. 

"Hey, babe. You still at the office?" 

"Yeah, just got done signing the last book for the PR department."

"Perfect! I'm almost at your work and I have fried chicken."

Phoebe got excited. It had been a week since the two of them had dinner together. "Let me take these books down to the PR office and drop them off. Then I'll meet you outside." 

"Alright! I'll see you in a bit!" Phoebe hung up the phone and picked up her things before pulling the buggy of books towards the elevator. She quickly dropped the books off at the intern's desk. The poor intern smiled as she packed up the books so she could deliver them. 

When she got down to the bottom floor she wasted no time heading for the door. She couldn't stop smiling when she saw his car pull up. He got out to open the door for her but was met with a sudden hug. 

"Hey babe," he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"I missed you. It's been a long week." 

"I know," he breathed, "Come on. Let's get you home before the chicken gets cold."

"Yes!" Phoebe hopped into the car taking in the fried chicken scent. 

~

Hoseok had already left by the time Phoebe awoke the next morning. He had mentioned the night before he would be busy for much of the morning before her book release. Letting out a nervous sigh, she slid out of bed and headed to the bathroom. A note waited for her on her mirror. She recognized Hoseok's handwriting;

"Good morning Ms. Phoebe the Author. I've made you breakfast so you can be well energized for the big day! You can find it In the fridge for you to heat up!

-Love you babe"

Phoebe smiled at the note before getting in the shower. After spending extra time making sure she looked her best for her book released, she headed for the fridge to find he had made chicken fried rice with the leftovers from last night. 

"I swear. that man knows the way to my heart." 

She headed out after eating breakfast making sure she would arrive at the bookstore with plenty of time to spare. It was a quiet Friday morning. Most had already gotten to work so the streets were calm. Phoebe was both giddy and nervous. While she had heard mostly good things from her editors she was nervous about what critics and the general public would think. Then her mind wandered to when she and Hoseok would go public. 

Phoebe fiddled with her phone on the bus. She went back over the schedule for the day in her head. She had an interview in the morning, a book reading in the afternoon just after lunch followed by a Q&A then the signing. It was going to be a long day but one she had been looking forward to for a while. 

The bookstore was quiet as it had just opened. Paenji and Chan were already there helping her PR assistant. Paenji's eyes lit up when she saw Phoebe come in. 

"Good morning! Books just got delivered and the caterer has just confirmed their ETA for lunch and here is your iced Americano." Phoebe took the drink from Paenji.

"Thanks. I'm guessing everything is pretty much ready?" Phoebe took a sip of her coffee as she followed Paenji. 

"Yup and we got confirmation from pretty much everyone we invited." 

"This is going all too well. What went wrong?" 

"Well, we had to hire security so we went over budget on the event at the last minute but I think the extra crowd we will gather will make up for that." Phoebe was confused at why they even needed security.

"Why do we need that much security? Tae and Hobi are coming incognito."

"Paenji glared at her, "You don't pay attention to your own boyfriend's social media account do you?"

"Not this morning. I was kinda getting ready for this." Paenji shoved her phone in Phoebe's face. Phoebe's eyes went wide as she read the tweet of BTS officially attending the book release explaining that they wanted to support an Army just as she has supported them. 

"They couldn't come up with a less vague reason," Phoebe stated with her eyes narrowing.

"Hey it was last minute but the owner had to pull the plug on the phone when we got confirmation of them coming yesterday. Either way, this is great for you and the bookstore. We are planning a cut-off since I know Hoseok has reservations for you two tonight at seven." 

Phoebe's nerves shot up and Paenji could tell by her shaking hands. Paenji took her friend's hands and smiled at her. "Hey, it's gonna be alright. You will be amazing and if even half the crowd we are expecting buys your book we will be sold out by the end of the day."

"Do you realize the logistics of having a crowd that size?" 

"Yup and that is why we have already gotten everything figured out so you don't have to worry about it and just be you and enjoy the fruits of your labor."

"I'm going to kill Jung Hoseok," Phoebe mumbled. 

Paenji pulled a box of soju drink out of her purse and handed them to her. "Drink this." Phoebe took the drink and downed it before heavily sighing.  Her mind raced thinking about the crowd that would show up and as she was thinking about it she noticed people already showing up. 

Phoebe: I am going to murder you for this Hoseok. 

Hoseok: What? A celebrity guest is a great way to help promote a new artist of any medium.

Phoebe: I wasn't mentally prepared for this crowd. 

Hoseok: You'll do great. How was breakfast?

Phoebe: Really good. Thank you. Guess by the end of the day I'll be a best-selling author.

Hoseok: That's the plan! See you later today. Don't forget to eat lunch love. 

Phoebe's PR assistant caught her attention and lead her to her seat for the interview that she had first thing before they would begin the reading and Q&A. The interviewer was a woman from a prominent literary magazine. She had kind eyes and a sweet smile that calmed her mind. 

"So Phoebe, You mentioned a pre-release snippet that this romance was inspired by a real-life occurrence? Can you go into a little more detail?"

"Yes," Phoebe chuckled trying to figure out what her planned answer was, "My first night in Seoul I did actually spill ramen on a man in a convenience shop."

"Did you also get his number that night?" 

"I did actually," Phoebe answer, "That encounter is what inspired the book." 

The rest of the interview went smoothly calming her nerves even as more people showed up eager to see the author BTS decided to back and BTS themselves. When lunch finally came she wasn't sure if she could eat but Hoseok's constant reminder to eat was at the forefront of her mind. She nibbled on what she could as she spoke to other local authors and literary critics. 

The reading and open Q&A went smoothly with a crowded bookstore. She noticed a lot of younger readers she was sure weren't on the initial invite list. Many of them reading through the first part of the book and already speculating if the man Phoebe met at the convenience store was an idol since the man in the book was an idol. Phoebe giggled overhearing their conversation growing more and more grateful for the guys' announcement. 

When the signing finally began she was flabbergasted at the number of young readers in line to have her sign their first editions. They had originally planned for half the amount in line. Phoebe greeted each guest with a smile. Towards the end of the time she planned to be there she heard fan girl screams coming from outside of the store. 

She watched out of the corner of her eye while continuing her signing as the guys picked up their copies and hopped in line as if they weren't the biggest pop icons of the time. 

"I'm surprised they are standing in line like that?" The young guest commented. 

"They forget they are millionaires I guess," Phoebe chuckled. 

"True." The two parted ways with a giggle. Namjoon was first sauntering up acting as if he didn't know her. 

"Excited to read it!" He said handing her the book. 

"Didn't think you were into romance." 

"This one seemed interesting. KInda wanna see how it all turns out." Namjoon's expression was a closed-lip smile as he winked. Yoongi was next with Taehyung next to him.

"Hey, is Paenji still here?" Taehyung asked. Phoebe signed both of their copies as she nodded her head. 

"Thanks, guys. It means a lot you came." Phoebe knew Paenji and Tae's relationship was still a secret but Tae often slipped up. 

"So, the idol in the book is based on me right?" Jin posed in front of her table as he put his copy down. Those around him chuckled at his antics. 

"Sure JIn." It took everything in her to not jokingly call him out. Jimin was next with Jungkook. 

Jungkook leaned in with his nose scrunched. "You gonna tell us how tonight goes right?" Jimin quickly elbowed the youngest member. Phoebe was confused by the question even after they head to join the rest of the group. Hoseok was last and Phoebe tried her best not to show too much emotion.

"I'm curious to see how this one turns out." His words were calm and suave. 

"Well, I hope you enjoy it." Phoebe signed the book with a little extra finesse just for him. 

"I was wondering though," Hoseok began. A smile on his lips grew as he was well aware of the number of people listening in, "Could I take you out for dinner to celebrate your book release?"  

Phoebe's mouth dropped open at his question. There was a collective gasp from many of his fans. She couldn't tell if the gasps were from shock, jealousy, or excitement. All she could think about was his smug smile. 

'Play is cool Phoebe. You were going to go to dinner with him anyway. Nothing in the plans has changed. Just now the entire world knows we are having it together,' she thought to herself. 

She closed and bashfully looked down as she closed his book. "Well, how could I say no to J-hope?" 

"I mean you could." Jungkook's laughter cut through the tension of waiting making the room chuckle. 

"Jungkook is right. I could but why would I? So, what's for dinner?" 

~

She figured that if she and Hoseok end up working out that paparazzi would be a part of her life. She just didn't expect today to be the day she would have to deal with it. Once the event was coming to a close Hoseok escorted her to his car to take her to dinner. This time the world saw him open the door for her with no mask, no bucket hat. 

Chan turned to Paenji with a puzzled look. "Her boyfriend will not be too happy she's going out to dinner with J-hope."

"Nah, I think he will be fine with it," Paenji responded. Chan took another look at the car and thought he recognized it from the time her boyfriend picked her up. Paenji watched Chan's face as he put the pieces together. Once it dawned on him his palms covered his face. 

"Oh great! J-hope probably thinks I am an now," he grumbled as he turned around, "My little sister is gonna hate me." 

Taehyung caught Paenji's gaze. He gave her a wink and blew her a kiss from afar before getting into the car with Jin and RM. Paenji rolled her eyes before heading back in to clean up. 

Hoseok was all smiles as he pulled away with Phoebe in the seat next to him. "You really are old aren't you?"

"I figured it was best. The public had a visible start date. So no one can question about how your book was published." He looked over at his radiant girlfriend. 

"I guess that is a good way at doing it." She took his free hand squeezing it tightly. They pulled up to the restaurant. Phoebe recognized it immediately. "This is where you and I had our first official date. 

"Yeah, I felt it was appropriate for today." Hoseok got out and opened the door for her before handing the keys to the valet. 

"There is barely anyone here. I figured it would be busy on a Friday night," Phoebe commented. 

"Ah, that may be because I rented out the entire terrace."

"You what?" Hoseok could only just smile to hide his nerves. He felt for the box in his jacket pocket and took a sigh of relief to feel it still there. The hostess smiled as they approached. After she greeted them she guided them up to the terrace That was completely empty except for the waiters. 

Phoebe's mouth dropped as her eyes went wide at the sight. The terrace was adorned in blue hydrangeas with a single table set for them. Phoebe didn't know what to say. It seemed like a lot just for a book release especially after what they did for the sale of her book on the first day.

"Hoseok..." She tried not to be speechless but the beautiful scenery made it hard to form words. 

"Yoongi thought it was a bit much but Jimin said you would like it." Hoeseok leads her to the table trying to keep his hands from shaking. He had to make it just till dessert. Then he would ask her. Phoebe knew something was up. She could tell he was nervous by how he couldn't think of what to order. Phoebe couldn't think of a time when he was like this. 

"So, are you actually gonna read the book?" Phoebe asked once their drinks were served. 

"Should I since I'm living it?" 

"Well, since I pretty much finished it before you returned..."

"Then I'll read it. See what was the same and what differed." Phoebe smiled. 

"You ok? You seem nervous about something," Phoebe asked looking him up and down. He had a look of shock on his face from the question. Phoebe's mind went wild with the possibilities. 

"Yeah, I'm fine!" His nervous smile told her otherwise. "Ok I was going to wait but I can't wait." 

Phoebe was confused as Hoseok stood and pulled a small box out of his coat pocket. It became clear what he was nervous about as he kneeled down next to where she was sitting. 

"Phoebe I don't think I can put into words what you have done for me in the last year. I am so grateful for that faithful night in that convenience store. I am even more grateful that you texted me cause the guys thought I was crazy. Ever since that night, I have never been happier and I never want to stop being this happy. So, I guess I should just go ahead and ask. Phoebe," he looked up to her wide eyes, "Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" 

Phoebe had to take a second to register what was happening. The world went quiet around her and nothing else existed other than Hoseok and her. 

"Hoseok, I..." She couldn't keep from smiling as the tears pooled in her eyes, "Yes. Absolutely! Yes!" She didn't care about anything else as Hoseok stood and pulled her up out of her chair to kiss her. All that mattered at that moment to them was each other. Phoebe thought back on the crazy ride that was the last year. When she decided to move out to Seoul she didn't expect to have the love story of her dreams nor to publish a book based on it. Her life had finally come together after being broken. 

Hoseok pulled away to look at her with admiration and love. "Oh! I almost forgot!" He chuckled as he opened the ring box to show her the opal ring he had spent the last six months looking for. 

"Hoseok, it's beautiful." She smiled as he slid it on her ring finger. 

"Just like you." He kissed her again and held her tightly excited for their future together. Phoebe's mind suddenly went wild with the daunting task of planning a wedding.

A wedding worthy of an idol and his bride.

 

 

 

 

AN: Ahhhh! The end has come! Or has it? I hope you guys enjoyed this story! Make sure you check out "Call Me Adina" especially if you are a Stay. *Winky face*