Chapter 18

Chapters

The rest of the week went by with little to no notoriety. Hoseok was laying on his bed exhausted from the final concert. He had gone to see Phoebe say good night and let her know tomorrow's plans. Pheobe was nervous about meeting his family. It was plainly written on her face. After a bit of trying to calm her nerves, he finally realized the pressure she was feeling. Not only was it a big deal for her to meet his family, but she was scared of what they would think of her. He hoped that she was asleep by now. 

Phoebe was in fact not asleep. She was standing in front of her closet staring at the clothes she had feeling like none of them were appropriate for brunch at an upscale restaurant. Her first instinct was to call her mom but the sudden realization that she couldn't hit her like a brick. Trying to keep her tears back, she just put the question out there, "Mom, what the hell do I wear?" Phoebe closed her eyes and reached out and grabbed a light sweater. She smiled at the cream color top and immediately thought up an outfit. 

"Thanks, mom." 

The next morning she was up and getting ready to go. Nerves were still ever-present as she sat on her couch waiting to be picked up. Finally, she heard a knock at the door. After taking an internal sigh she got up and went to the door to find Hoseok on the other side with a reassuring smile. 

"You ready?" He asked. 

"As ready as I'll ever be," she gave a nervous laugh as she took his hand. Hoseok slid the mask back onto his face as they walked out onto the sidewalk. Once they were in the car Hoseok took another look over to Phoebe who was fidgeting with her thumbs. 

" You don't need to be so nervous. They're gonna love you. If they don't already do." 

"You keep saying that but what if I say or do something stupid?" He chuckled at her worrying as he took her hand and kissed the back of it not taking his eyes off the road. Noticing that her nerves hadn't calmed he took a chance and gently bit her hand. Phoebe quickly turned and looked at the mischievous Hoseok with wide eyes. For a moment, her nerves disappeared. 

"Were you trying to distract me from my nerves?" Hoseok nodded. "Well, now I still have my nerves along with..." She cleared , "Other thoughts." 

"Oh?" Hoseok's brows rose at this new detail about his girlfriend. Much of the ride was silent but both of their thoughts were on the same thing. Phoebe wondered what Hoseok was thinking whenever she would look over and see him either biting his lip or it with a smirk. 

Phoebe tried to put those thoughts in the back of her mind as they pulled up to the restaurant. It was a pretty secluded spot. Perfect for an idol to take his new girlfriend out for a date. Both with masks on got out of the car and entered the restaurant. Hoseok led her towards the back where his family was waiting on them. He could feel her pulse quickening the moment she spotted them. She first spotted his sister's wide smile and the family noticed them. 

"Mom, Dad..." Hoseok let go of her hand to greet his parents. 

"What, no hug for your older sister?" Hoseok smiled and hugged her before turning his gaze back at Phoebe. 

"Mom, Dad this is Phoebe." 

Phoebe politely greeted them. 

"And this is my sister Jung Dawon." Phoebe was so timid when greeting them all she wanted to do was sit down and eat so she could busy herself with something. 

"Hoseok she's so pretty!" Dawon gushed, "It's so nice to finally meet you! I may have done some social media stalking ever since Hoseok told me about you." 

"I hope you found only good things," Phoebe nervously laughed. 

"Pretty clean." Dawon smiled as the rest headed back towards the table. 

"Let's all sit and eat. I am sure Phoebe is hungry," his mom said. Once they all sat his mother began to ask questions. "So, Hoseok tells me you are an editor." 

"Yes, mam. I edit and translate books." 

"That's quite impressive. Thought about writing your own?" His dad asked. 

"Yes, I'm actually editing up my own book currently." 

"Oh?" His mother's interest was suddenly peaked. "What is it about?"

Phoebe froze realizing the corner she put herself in. She didn't exactly want to tell them that it was a story inspired by her and Hoseok's meeting. "It's a romance set in the current day. I started writing it once I got to Seoul." 

"Sounds like something right up Dawon's ally," his father chuckled. 

"I do love a good romance story. I must request a signed copy when it gets released!" Dawon smiled. As the conversation went on, Phoebe's nerves calmed. His family began telling stories about him when he was younger in an attempt to embarrass him. Phoebe couldn't help but laugh at his embarrassed expression. 

"I am sorry to hear about your parents. I am sure they would have loved to do the same to you as we are to Hoseok." His mother's expression was grim but caring. Phoebe looked down to her lap for a moment rubbing the bracelet.

"I am sure they are smiling down on us now." Phoebe thought back to when Hoseok visited her parents' graves. She wished she could have been there to properly introduce him to them. Hoseok smiled think back on that day as well. The family finished up lunch and began to leave. Hoseok's mother pulled him aside as Dawon and Phoebe were talking to his father. 

"I like her Hoseok." Hoseok looked to his mother with a smile. 

"You do?" She nodded in answer, "Oh, she will be so glad to hear that. She was so nervous on the way here." 

"I could tell. Take care of each other." 

"Will do." He smiled as she gave him a quick squeeze. Phoebe and the rest of the family joined them. "Ready to go?" Hoseok asked. She nodded her head and they said their good-byes. He held her hand tightly as they approached the car. Hoseok and Phoebe didn't take their masks off until after they were in the car. 

"Can I ask why you and your mother were talking about?"

"She likes you a lot." 

"Thank god," She sighed. Hoseok pulled away not really sure where they were heading. 

"Where to next?" His question got her to thinking. A smirk grew on her lips as she thought back to the car ride earlier. She placed her hand on his upper thigh. 

"How about your place?"