Chapter 17

Chapters

Hoseok was having a bit of trouble concentrating on editing his track as Phoebe was sitting on the couch diligently working on her editing. He had let her borrow some of his lounge clothes after she had taken a shower and he couldn't help but keep looking at how cute she looked. 

Phoebe had blocked that she was listening to Hoseok working on music as she was editing. Her concentration was broken when she noticed that he hadn't stopped the song after thirty seconds to fix something. Phoebe looked up to see him lovely looking at her with his cheek propped up by his hand. 

"Distracted?" She asked. He gave her a closed smile as he nodded his head. 

"How far have you gotten?" 

"I only have a chapter left. Then... I guess I need to head home." Hoseok didn't like hearing that. Phoebe giggled at his pout. 

"You haven't even had dinner yet!" Hoseok was trying to come up with every possible reason to keep her here even though he knew both of them needed rest. He had a busy week ahead and so did she. 

"I can stay for dinner but, I'll need to go home after that." 

"What would you want for dinner then?" He titled his head a little to the side as he marveled at her. He had been away from her for so long he still couldn't believe they had barely left each other's sides since he landed back in Seoul. It had been like a dream. 

"Something fried."  

"Fried chicken?" he asked. Phoebe nodded her head with excitement. Hoseok chuckled as he got to work ordering dinner. She had just finished editing her final chapter when dinner arrived. Her headache from earlier was just a dull annoyance as she took her first bite. 

"My family is coming to the final concert on Saturday," Hoseok began. 

"I figured they would. Doing anything special with them on Sunday?" 

"Actually, I was hoping to have lunch with them...and invite you." His plan made her pause for a moment. Phoebe wasn't sure if she was ready to meet his family. Sure they had in a way been dating for the last four months but still... her mind started to panic. 

"Your... your family? Lunch with your family..." 

"Yeah. I've already told my mom and sister about you. Don't worry they already like you." He gave a reassuring smile.

"Of course I'll join and try not to be a nervous wreck." 

"You shouldn't be nervous. Just be yourself." His small pep talk didn't help her at all. She gave hin a small glare. Being herself didn't always work out for her and to think she was about to meet her idol boyfriend's family scared her. Phoebe figured that his parents were protective of him. Her mind immediately went to the possibility of them thinking of her just a girl after his money and status. 

Phoebe finished her dinner in silence and in deep thought. Hoseok did find it a bit cute she was concerned about making a good first impression but he didn't want her to worry. His sister already stalked her on social media and absolutely adored her. It finally came time for him to take her home and as they stood at her door he brushed his fingertips across her cheek. She smiled as she softly kissed his lips. 

"Good night Hoseok. Call me?" Phoebe raised an eyebrow as she turned to open the door. 

"Tsk," Hoseok hissed before grabbing her hand and pinning her against the wall. Phoebe was breathless as she looked into his eyes. She prayed she would never lose this feeling when looking at him. "I'll be at work late tomorrow ok? Remember to eat lunch and dinner." After landing a kiss on her lips he opened her door and watched her go inside, her cheeks still rosy. 

The next morning Phoebe met Paenji outside of the publication building. "How was your Sunday?" Paenji asked as she saw Phoebe stroll up. 

"It was fine till I had to edit ten chapters." 

"Oh, so she called you too?" Phoebe could tell Paenji wasn't too happy about the weekend work either. 

"Yeah, but I didn't mind. Got to listen to some music Hoseok was working on while I was editing." Phoebe fell into step with Paenji as they walked into the building. 

"Ugh, I bet that was amazing. Tae wanted to critique the chapters." Paenji and Phoebe giggled as they ended their private conversation as they saw Chan waiting for the elevator. Paenji took Phoebe's hand as a show of support. 

"Ladies," Chan called to them. 

"Chan," Both of the women answered. The air was thick with tension as all three of them entered the elevator. Chen eyed Phoebe's bracelet. He scoffed at it thinking how ridiculous of an inscription. Paenji eyed him heavily until they got to their floor. Their boss, Mrs. Lee, turned and got excited. 

"The rest of my heroes have arrived!" 

"Heros?" Chan huffed as he walked past her, "We are your employees."  

"Today you are my heroes. The final edit was sent to the printers earlier this morning! Don't worry about lunch either! It's on me!"

"Not even Chan can complain about that," Paenji muttered as she sat down. The office quieted down and went to work on their own separate projects. Phoebe sighed thinking about how she may not see Hoseok very much this week. This week they had several TV appearances, recordings, and rehearsals for the final concert. Today he had a TV appearance and then rehearsal until dinner. She had decided to get back to work on finishing up her book. She didn't have much left just a couple of chapters to write and editing. 

Phoebe gave a quick glare at Chan wondering what he had planned to keep her from getting her book published. He had reminded her just last week that he would block the publishing of her book unless she goes on a date with him. Little did he know that she wouldn't be bullied. She quickly looked back to her screen when he quickly looked up and saw her glaring at him. Her phone vibrated on her desk and she saw Hoseok's code name pop up. 

Hoseok: It hasn't been 24 hours but I'm already missing you. 

Phoebe: What are you gonna do when you guys go back on tour?

Hoseok: I told you. I'm taking you with me! 

Hoseok sent her a picture of him all done up in makeup and his outfit for a show he had just got done recording for. She smiled at his iconic puckered lips. 

Phoebe: Am I getting an exclusive preview of your Twitter post? 

Hoseok: Maybe... how do I look?

Phoebe: Like sunshine. 

Hoseok: That was insanely cheesy and biased. 

Phoebe: I can confirm that ever Hobi stan will love it. 

Phoebe giggled at the photo he sent her of his grumpy face. The rest of the day went as normal for her. Chan once again cornered her in the rec room and once again asked. She had almost gotten used to it but grew more and more annoyed with it each time.  Once she had gotten home she did feel a little sad from not seeing Hoseok. She smiled as she ate and watch the news catching a glimpse of Hoseok and the rest of the guys waving to fans. 

"I made out with him. Yesterday," Phoebe said before shoving a spoonful of rice into . She jumped as she heard a knock at the door. Phoebe was a little curious as to who would be knocking on her door so late in the evening. She cracked open the door to see a tired, but smiling, Hoseok leaned up against the wall. A smile grew on both of their faces as their eyes locked onto each other. 

"Did you just get done with rehearsal?" She asked as she opened the door for him. 

"I did," he sighed. Without another word, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. "I can't stay long but I wanted to say good night." 

"You're sweet. What do you have planned for tomorrow?" She asked as she buried her face into his chest. 

"Rehearsal and that's it for tomorrow. So, I can pick you up from work if we finish early." Phoebe lifted her head to look at him. 

"That would be nice. We can have dinner together." 

"Exactly," Hoseok said before giving her a goodnight kiss. Both went to bed that night with their heads in the clouds.