Chapter 21

Chapters

It had been a long day for Phoebe. She wasn't particularly busy per se but was counting down the hours till Hoseok would pick her up. Tonight he would take her to wherever they were going for the weekend. Paenji smiled at her friend and editing partner. Phoebe had a far off look even though she was staring at her computer. I was half-past four when a black car pulled up to the side of the building. Paenji spotted it before Phoebe did. She tapped Phoebe's shoulder and pointed to the window. She perked up as she saw Hoseok's car parked and waiting for her. 

"Mrs. Lee?" Phoebe called out with a wide smile. 

"Hm?" Mrs. Lee looked at her. A small smile grew on her lips when she figured out what she was about to ask. "Go, but you have to stay late Monday!" 

Phoebe practically jumped up and grabbed her luggage. "Thank you!" She sprinted for the elevator as Mrs. Lee chuckled at the young woman. Phoebe couldn't stop smiling as she rode the elevator down. A whole weekend with just Hoseok. Her heart was pounding from the excitement as the door opened and she tried to control her speed as she walked out of the building. 

Hoseok got out of the car wearing a mask and bucket hat to hide his identity, but Phoebe could tell he was smiling from ear to ear. He pecked at her head with a giggle as he took her luggage and put it in the trunk. Both were highly aware that half of her floor was looking out of the window trying to figure out who her mystery boyfriend was.

"You excited?" He asked. Phoebe nodded her head as she skipped to her side of the car and hopped in. She became giddy at the sound of his laugh. Hoseok had been more than excited to get away for the weekend with just her. He took off his mask once he was in the car and then leaned in to kiss her. He had spent the week planning their private getaway in Ulleungdo between work and recording sessions. Hoseok may have cheated and gotten some of the staff to help him plan everything from where to stay to getting food sent there. 

"It's gonna be a few hours till we get to the car ferry. I won't get mad if you take a nap." His sweet half-smile made her blush. 

"So, we are going to an island?" She bit her lip in excitement. She had wanted to go check out one of the many island getaways. 

"Yes, so I need you to be filled with energy to enjoy it to its fullest!" 

"Mhmm. Enjoy the island or you?" She could still see his playful smirk as the sun was setting. 

"The villa is ours for the weekend. So, if you want to run around I won't complain." 

"Cheeky," Phoebe hissed. The ride was indeed several hours long. About after two hours, she had fallen asleep leaving Hoseok singing to the radio by himself. Whenever he got a chance, he would look over and admire her sleeping face. Her pouty face made him giggle as he wondered what she was dreaming about. They weren't too far from the port and he could feel himself get excited physically get away from work for a few days. Though, in the back of his head, he knew he would work on songwriting late at night. 

Hoseok took a sigh of relief as they made it to the last ferry of the day on time. As he was putting his mask on Phoebe stirred. "We at the ferry?" 

"Yeup!" He opened his car window to pay for their tickets. Phoebe opened her phone to see she had gotten a few texts from Paenji who was on a date with Tae. She figured they were having BBQ tonight. Paenji wouldn't shut up about it earlier today. "Guess Paenji texted you? Hoseok asked. 

"Yeah, she and Tae are on a date. Guess they got BBQ tonight."

"Probably did some shopping too. He really found someone who loves fashion just as much as he does." Hoseok parked the car along with the other drivers and sat back. 

"He's not the only one who loves fashion." Phoebe eyed him with a smirk. 

"Heh," Hoseok breathed, "You're right but, I think he's a little more into it than I am. I just like to make sure I look good when I go out." 

Phoebe chuckled, "You always look good. Even when you're not trying." He eyed her. She could tell he was smiling under the mask. He parked the car among the others and leaned his head against his seat.  

"So, which island are we headed to?" She asked. 

"We are staying in a private villa on Ulleungdo. It's perfect for a secretive getaway with my beautiful girlfriend." Phoebe smiled before turning to look out the window. Keeping their relationship at times bothered her. A part of her understood what she was getting into but, at the same time, she wanted to scream from the rooftop that the man that held her heart was none other than Jung Hoseok. 

"I'm not gonna lie. The idea of keeping our relationship a secret scared me. Still does when you're not around. It's not something that I'm used to." She twiddled with her thumbs. 

"It is certainly something most are not used to." He took note of her nervous habit. "When did you wish to announce it?" 

"What?" Her eyes went wide. 

"I said we should keep it a secret because I do not want you to have to deal with the varied threats and slanders on social media. At least not until you were ready." He held her hand tightly hoping to calm her nerves about opening up. 

"This reminds me too much of a Jane Austin story." Hoseok chuckled at her comparison. "If my book is chosen to be published, then after it is released. If it is not released then next Tuesday?" 

He knew the very reason why she wanted to wait for her book. She wanted no one to question her talent. "Sounds perfect." She could hear the smile in his voice. 

"I won't lie though. It has been fun watching my coworkers try and figure out who my mysterious boyfriend is." 

Hoseok snorted thinking about the floor watching them earlier as they loaded up the car. "I am curious. What are some of the guesses they have made?" 

"Mafia boss, son of a CEO, and congressman's son among others. I did lean towards the mafia boss at the correct answer." Her smirk made his heart stop. 

"Did you ever read fanfiction?" 

She hesitated on answering his question. "At times." 

"I wondered if you preferred the mafia ones..." He eyed her as she stared straight ahead with her cheeks burning red. 

"I was more into the prince charming ones." She attempted to cover her embarrassed expression. Hoseok smiled at his love's reaction to the conversation. 

"Phoebe, there's nothing to be embarrassed about! I've read some of them. I swear there are some talented fans that I hope to become published authors one day." 

"Was that directed towards me?" It had been several years since she had written that short story. It was something that she had never thought he would find.

Hoseok chuckled, "At least you don't have to simply imagine any more." 

She bit her lip, "No, because I am living in a fanfiction it seems."