Chapter 2

Chapters

“Ugh, finally you’re here. Where have you been?” Namjoon leaned over the counter in Jin’s kitchen. Hoseok pulled off his mask and hat with a sigh. 

“I was out getting fresh air.” 

“Brave for an idol,” Taehyung commented. 

“I also gave a girl my number.” Hoseok smiled realizing how stupid he sounded. Namjoon straightened himself, confused, and waiting for him to say that he got the girl’s number.

“So…” Hoseok continued,  “She spilled some noodles on me…”

“Explains the stain,” Namjoon interjected. 

“So, I asked her for her number. She said no but her phone was on the counter so I gave her mine instead.” Hoseok had an uneasy smile. 

“That’s kinda weird…” Yoongi added with a mouth full of kimchi rice. 

“She doesn’t know who I am. I thought that maybe…” 

“She would fall in love with you without knowing who you are?” Jin asked, “How well did that turn out for you Tae?” 

“Man, why did you have to bring that up?” Taehyung whined. 

“Yeah, now that you say it… I was kinda weird back there… Think she’ll text me?” Hoseok’s hopeful smile made the rest of the group pause for a moment then they gave him a resounding “No.” That’s when his phone vibrated. 

 

~

 

Phoebe stared at her phone with the contact page open. “Why did he call himself Convenience Store Cutie?” She stuffed with the noodles she got from another store down the street. She went back and forth on whether to text him or not. The whole thing was kinda weird. He didn’t follow her or tried to call himself. 

“It’s like he was trying to be creepy but failed. His eyes were cute though,” She said to herself, “But his voice sounded so familiar.” 

           Curiosity finally got to her and she picked up the phone and texted him. 

           Her: Ok, you got me curious. Who are you mysterious convenience store boy?”

           Him: What if I didn’t tell you and we just go to know each other through vague details?

           Phoebe’s curiosity grew about the stranger. ‘Maybe he’s an idol wanting a real friend who doesn’t know who they are. Or just a creep,’ She thought to herself. She continued to text him figuring the experience may turn into a good story idea for a book. 

           Her: OK, I’ll bite. What do you do for a living?

           Him: I am a songwriter. 

           Her: Oh? Who do you write for?” 

           Him: Kpop groups. 

           ‘Ok, the kpop idol doesn’t seem too far fetched now.’

           Her: Like who? 

           Him: Too detailed. What do you do Convenience store girl?

           Her: I’m a book translator. Or I will be. I start in a few days. 

           Him: That’s neat! To be honest I didn’t think you would text me. 

           “Me neither,” She breathed.

           Her: I was curious about the weird convenience store boy. 

           Him: I liked the mysterious convenience store boy better. 

           ‘Of course, you would,’ She thought to herself as she cleaned up her dinner. Phoebe didn’t bother to text him back. The mysterious guy seemed more awkward than harmful. 

           Hoseok waited for her to respond with the rest of the guys waiting as well while stuffing their faces with food. “You know staring at the phone isn’t going to make her text you back more right?” Yoongi stated with a raised brow. 

           Hoseok glared at Yoongi who had a smirk on his face. Hoseok clicked his tongue as he got up from the table. “You heading back to your place?” Jin asked. 

           “Yeah, we have dance rehearsal in the morning. I need to get some sleep.” Hoseok headed back to his own apartment to crash for the night. Upon entering his bedroom he flopped on his bed. He felt his phone vibrate again in his pocket. Fully expecting it to be an email for Weverse notification, he pulled it out and tossed it to the side of the bed. The text message notification caught his eye. The girl had texted him back! 

           Her: Night convenience store boy. 

           A smile grew on his lips. He was excited at the prospect of someone building a relationship with him without them knowing of his name. Something that wouldn’t be influenced by his money or fame. 

           Him: Night convenience store girl.