Ch 36

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

36 | First Snow

 

***

 

"So who's going to Yul and Jessica Unnie's wedding?" Yoong shot up from his lying position when he realizes they shouldn't miss both weddings. "I mean, both are in the morning. Jeju and Seoul. Totally far from each other."

 

"You. I'm going to my best friend's wedding no matter what." Seohyun sits up as well.

 

"Yah! It's my brother's wedding as well. But Jessica Noona and Yul Hyung's wedding is important as well."

 

"Yeah." Seohyun sighs. "This means we can't be together at either of their weddings." she nodded gently as she finds herself thinking in silence.

 

Sighing, Yoong look at their daughter who's staring at them innocently. "And Seoyoung, where will she attend?"

 

"I'm going to Samchon and Yul Oppa's wedding!" Seoyoung cried as she raised her arms.

 

"You can't be in the same venue when its in different places, honey." Seohyun chuckled softly. "Okay, I'm going to Jessica and Yul Oppa's wedding while you are in your brother's." 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"I will just send your regards to them." 

 

"Me? Where?" Seoyoung sits up, looking at her parents left and right.

 

"You are going with me." Both Yoong and Seohyun said at the same time, causing them to look into each other's eyes.

 

"Yah! My daughter is going with me!"

 

"Seoyoung is going with me!"

 

"Seoyoung loves her Omma more!"

 

"But she told me she loves me more!"

 

Seohyun scoffed. "Seriously? You're going to fight with me with that?"

 

"Of course because I'm her father!"

 

"But I'm also her mother!" 

 

Seoyoung cries. "Omma Appa! I love you both! Uwaaaaa!!!" 

 

"Omo, Seoyoung-ah, I'm so sorry." Seohyun quickly hugs their daughter close. She glared at the doe-eyed, asking him to apologize as well.

 

"I'm sorry too, honey." Yoong said, rubbing his daughter's back. "Calm down now, baby." He leaned down and kissed her head.

 

"Please don't let Seoyoung choose." Said Seoyoung as she tries to calm down while sniffling.

 

"Fine. How about we play rock and scissors?" Seohyun had a better idea. "Because I think you can't be in both weddings, sweetheart."

 

Seoyoung nodded. "Okay." As she wipes her tears off. She moves to the side immediately and watches her parents play.

 

"Whoever wins the five times, will be the winner and brings Seoyoung to the wedding." Seohyun instructed, rolling the sleeve of her pajamas. 

 

"Deal." And Yoong does the same. "Don't worry, we're going to win, Seoyoung-ah." He winks at his daughter earning a hit from his wife. He chuckled and readied himself.

 

"Kai Bai Bo!" They said in unison and throw their bets at the same time.

 

"Yehey! Appa wins!" Yoong celebrated when he beat his own wife with his paper.

 

"Tsk." Seohyun wasn't threatened. "Kai Bai Bo!" And immediately her stone. "Yes!" Beating her husband's scissors.

 

"Aish."

 

"Omma, Appa, fighting!" Seoyoung cheered on with her fists pumped.

 

"Kai Bai Bo!" They throw the same. "Kai Bai Bo!" And again until the fifth time. 

 

"Yah, think different. You're copying me so no one will win." Yoong complained earning a stuck of the tongue from Seohyun.

 

"Kai Bai Bo!" They throw differently this time. "Yaaasss!!!" Seohyun celebrated winning twice.

 

A glare was sent towards her from Yoong which she just shrugged off and continue the game.

 

"Kai Bai Bo!" For the second time, the doe-eyed wins. He made a hi-5 with Seoyoung who laughs at him. 

 

"Brace yourself, this is the last game." said Seohyun, smirking and massaging her right shoulder.

 

"Omma, fighting!" Seoyoung cheered on.

 

"And what about Appa?" Yoong demanded instantly.

 

"Appa, fighting!" giggles Seoyoung.

 

"I really love you, sweetheart." He giggles back but glares at Seohyun instantly. "Kai Bai Bo!" Then together, they said and throw their hands to show their bets.

 

"Hell Yeah!" Seohyun literally shouted as she celebrated after beating her husband with her paper and he throw a stone. "Yah! Where are you taking my daughter?" But she immediately runs after them as Yoong carried Seoyoung.

 

Seoyoung is laughing as she watches her mother trying to catch them around the house. It was filled with shouts, laughter, and more shouts in the entire Im-Seo household while it was still eight in the morning. 

 

***

 

 Walking hand in hand in a not-so-crowded Incheon airport, Taeyeon almost tripped when Tiffany started dragging her in the opposite direction.

 

"Where are we going?" He got curious.

 

"Let's buy some toast sandwich first. I didn't have enough time to eat everything on my plate earlier." Explained Tiffany and stopped them in front of a fast-food store. "What do you want to eat?" She asks as she took her purse.

 

"No, I got it."

 

"I insist." She firmly replied.

 

Taeyeon snickers. "Okay. That bulgogi sandwich then." And briefly rubs her head as she smiles in amusement.

 

"Okay, egg and cheese toast too, please." Tiffany ordered herse too, handing the right amount of cash to the part-timer. "And 2 bottles of water." she flashes her friendliest smile in the process. 

 

"Kindly wait for ten minutes only please." The guy said and started making their orders.

 

Taeyeon found an empty bench nearby and gently drags her with him as they sit down to wait.

 

"How'd you know about that hotel, by the way?" He asks her casually. They're on the way to Jeju to visit the hotel they booked for their wedding ceremony. Instead of Church, they decided to have a beach wedding, which Tiffany confessed was her dream to be married there.

 

"It was the same hotel my parents got married." Tiffany shares and smiles brightly. "They said it was the most beautiful place in Jeju." 

 

Taeyeon nodded and smiles back. "No wonder." He's happy to see her excitement as much as him.

 

"Oh, I got Yul and Jesica's wedding invitation by the way." Opening her handbag, she took the card and shared it with him.

 

"They're getting married on the same day, eh?" He chuckled in amusement.

 

"Yul proposed yesterday but he already has something in mind with Jessica so he immediately requested an invitation. Unfortunately, it's in a different place." Tiffany giggles. "Would've been better if the same as ours, right?"

 

"Yes, but let's respect their decision. They want their moments to be there only just like how we love to be with ours only too." Taeyeon understands their friends' decisions. 

 

"We will have the same anniversary with them, then." 

 

"And that's epic." He chuckled.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Your order is here." The guy announced from their store.

 

Tiffany hastily went to get it herself before Taeyeon could. She returned and handed her shares. 

 

"We have an hour before our flight." Taeyeon glanced at his wristwatch and took a big bite of his toast.

 

Tiffany automatically reaches for his lips and wipes them. She giggles as she her fingers before biting down her sandwich as well.

 

"Tsk." He didn't hesitate to also do the same, which made them giggle together. "I heard Yoong will be the acting chairman and president by the way while we're away."

 

"Oh Chincha? I'm sure he will be fine." 

 

"Yeah, he's not Im Yoong for nothing." 

 

She shrugs her shoulders, couldn't agree more.

 

"So your parents will invite their friends too?" Taeyeon casually asks as he took a couple of gulps from his bottle of water.

 

"Yup. They're so proud, how can I stop them?" Tiffany replied with a question. She took more bites of her sandwich and finally have her water.

 

"You've been their best daughter either way. Oh, I also invited Yihyun. She said she'll try to adjust her schedule so she flies to Jeju too. But I already sent her a plane ticket."

 

"Whoa, she's doing fine with her work as one of the Customer Service representatives, isn't she?"

 

"Wae? Did you see her one of these days?"

 

"Of course. She's just near your office and she's making friends."

 

Taeyeon nodded gently. "Happy to hear that." and he smiles genuinely.

 

"You're making everyone, happy, Love." She proudly says. "And I'm the first one of that."

 

"Yah, stop smiling, you're making my heart flutter." He suddenly said that stunned Tiffany.

 

"Did I hear that right?" Tiffany felt like she heard a different person.

 

"Finish your toast." Taeyeon chuckled as he pushed her hand to her lips while he couldn't look her in the eyes. His cheeks are flushing at the same time.

 

Giggling, she can't help and pinch his blushing cheeks. "Why are you so cute?"

 

"I don't usually do that so... just keep it in your heart." He added causing Tiffany to cover her face and hold back her giddiness. He suppresses a wide smile as he casually finishes the remaining of his toast.

 

She surprises him with a kiss on the lips, earning a surprised look as well. "I can listen to those lines all day, my love." she giggles.

 

***

 

It's a lunch date with the Kwon Family, Jessica dressed simple yet felt nervous. Yul had been telling her they were excited to see her but it was hard to stop her anxiety. 

 

Once they parked in front of the Western Restaurant, she immediately felt her heart race double, faster than earlier. 

 

"Babe?" Yul realized how pale the young nurse is. "Are you okay?" That got his concern.

 

"Yes?" Jessica looked at him and shake her head frantically. 

 

"You look pale." Picking the bottle of water, Yul handed it to her.

 

Jessica quickly grabs it and drinks the water in a fast manner. Then she let out a huge exhale. "Actually, I'm nervous. This is the first time. You can't blame me." she weakly smiled.

 

He took her hand and gently caressed the back of it. "It'll be fine." He assured as he softly says. "They're not like those on the dramas."

 

"I know but-"

 

"The fact that they're excited means they want to know you more. They want to be friends with you right away. I mean, a family soon." Yul flashes a warm smile.

 

Jessica's heart softened and she smiled back. She leaned in to kiss him on the lips. "Let's go." Before she announced.

 

Yul hastily stepped out of the car and opened the door on the passenger seat, taking her hand as she helps her step out. He offered his left arm and the latter gladly hold him there as they sweetly smiled at each other before walking into the restaurant.

 

"This way, Sir." The staff of the place greeted them and guided them to their booked table.

 

"I think the lady knows you?" Jessica noticed it and she looked at Yul.

 

"Yes. It's one of the restaurants Kwon Group owns." He answered softly.

 

"I see." She nodded and gulped, but was not too anxious now.

 

They proceed to the second which has more tables but has a great view of the Han River. No one's there besides the staff that bowed at them.

 

"Your parents aren't here yet?"

 

"They'll be here in thirty minutes." The same female lady answered her question.

 

Jessica awkwardly smiles. It was supposed to be a whisper but it came out loud. She got a little embarrassed.

 

"They usually leave the office at 1pm, so we have thirty minutes until they come." Yul said, pulling the chair for the blonde.

 

Taking her seat, Jessica smiles briefly and turned her attention to the Han River before them.

 

"Would you like to have some appetite first, Ms. Jung?"

 

The offer brought her back to the lady. "How'd you know... "

 

"I told them." Yul explained and smile at Ms. Jang, the manager of the restaurant. 

 

"Yes, he did."

 

"So did you also announce our engagement to them?" 

 

"I didn't of course." He laughs softly. "Now she knows."

 

Ms. Jang giggles. "Congratulations on your engagement, Young Master and Ms. Jung." And greeted them with a bow. 

 

Jessica awkwardly smiles as she blushes. She totally got embarrassed twice already. 

 

"We'll have some appetite for now then." Yul said on behalf of his fiance. He chuckled as he noticed his stunned face of Jessica. "It's okay. It's better than me announcing-Ah!" He yelped when she kicked him under the table.

 

"You should've told me first before coming here." Jessica totally doesn't like his teasing stares.

 

"I'm just kidding. I love you, Jessica Jung." He sweetly says as he reaches for her hand and kissed it affectionately.

 

Jessica could only scoff. 

 

***

 

[Jeju]

 

Despite the magnificent view from the ocean and the tulips garden in the hotel, Tiffany finds herself back inside the hotel room with Taeyeon. She plopped herself on the bed with a sigh.

 

"I didn't know planning a wedding would be this tiring." She shared. They have tested the food that will be served, visited the wedding area which is just nearby the hotel, and also have confirmed the singers who will be singing at their wedding. 

 

Taeyeon chuckled in amusement. "I told you, it should've been better if we hired a wedding planner." He suggested it first but she insisted on being hands-on; from wedding dresses to suits for groomsmen. 

 

"Yeah, but it's fun. And it's convenient. It's still better to do it, I get to experience such a job a wedding planner does." Tiffany giggles and shift her body to face him. "And I get to plan this with you. It's more special."

 

He tilts his head and smiles. "Yes, it's indeed a good experience. We work as a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter