Ch 41 [Final]

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

41 | Chaotic

 

***

 

The moment he reached the first floor, Taeyeon hastily came out and bowed his head a few times to employees he was passing by until he got out. He checks his wristwatch as he waits for his family to arrive.

 

After thirty minutes, a camping car pulled over in front of him and Tiffany rolled down the window.

 

"Get in, love." She ushers him and smiles confidently.

 

"I'll drive." However, Taeyeon doesn't want to get into the passenger seat.

 

"No, I'm driving this time. We don't have so much time so get inside, already." Tiffany insisted and rolled the window back up. 

 

Taeyeon let out a soft chuckle. He doesn't have a choice however and took the passenger seat. As he check their twins at the back, he realized the reason they didn't greet him, both are busy watching cartoons on their small tv.

 

"Taehyun-ah, not greeting, Appa?" He decided to be the one to call them.

 

Taehyun's attention shifted immediately to him and he wave his two hands to him. "Appa, anyeong." while smiling so bright.

 

"Appa, Miyoung wants gummy bears." Miyoung also noted her father but requested right away.

 

"Oh, did we bring gummies, love?"

 

"Yup but it's in the back. Later, youngie." Tiffany glanced at her daughter in the rearview mirror, earning cute smiles from her.

 

"Your daughter really has the cutest yet deceiving." Taeyeon jokes earning a chuckle from his wife.

 

"You can't resist them either way." She reminded. 

 

"Aish, those tiny beans are too hard to resist." He replied, glancing at their twins which made him smile as his heart melts. Four years have passed and he feels like he's a new father. Having a family is the best thing that ever happened to him. And he's grateful it's with someone he has dreamed of.

 

Tiffany realized her husband got quiet and she glanced at him, only to catch his sweet smiles that automatically made her smile back. But out of a sudden, she felt Taeyeon's hand on her right and he hold it. "Wae? I'm driving, Mr. Chairman." She chuckles.

 

"You can drive with one hand, can't you?" Taeyeon charmingly smiled as he kissed her hand.

 

"Nope." Tiffany is fluttering but she has to let go immediately. "I need to focus." She explained as her cheeks flushed.

 

"Oh." Taeyeon smiled in amusement. "This is your first time driving the camp car indeed." And he reminds himself about it.

 

"And the first time with our twins." added Tiffany, glancing at him. It's always her husband that drives when they go out for dinner or on field trips.

 

"By the way, I will have a business trip next week." Taeyeon shares when it crossed his mind.

 

"Again? Where this time?"

 

"Australia. I will be with Yul and my brother."

 

"You guys had been doing it." Tiffany muttered, sighing audibly. She's glad she thought of the camping before the latter would be away again. It's like she foresees what's coming.

 

"You know the company is getting global headquarters. It's a week of a business trip."

 

"The New York, London, Canada, and now Australia. Well, not bad." She smiled proudly at Taeyeon as she shrugs her shoulders. She married a businessman and she somehow understands. As long as he goes home after the trip. 

 

"So what do you want me to buy?" ask Taeyeon casually. He always brings souvenirs to his wife whenever he goes to another country their fridge has a lot of souvenir magnets now.

 

"Let's ask the twins later."

 

"Another magnet?" He grinned teasingly.

 

Tiffany laughs. "Of course, that's always a given. But it's Australia so... let me think later. But it's the last country, right?"

 

"How'd you know?" 

 

"I mean, I just remember I heard Yoong talking about the countries the company is planning to expand, years ago. And those countries are the only mentioned."

 

"And you still remember?" Taeyeon chuckled in disbelief. "Well, that's the only plan for the next 5 years... and yes, I can say we really did it happen."

 

Tiffany can't help and feel even prouder. Besides being a good father and husband, Taeyeon has never stopped working not only for them but for the company and the people he's giving jobs to. He had been fulfilling what his parents has dreamed of. 

 

"Wait, stop right there. I'm buying snacks for the kids." Taeyeon suddenly spotted a store and pointed at it.

 

"We have a lot of snacks, Love." However, Tiffany declines.

 

"I know, but this is special. So do as I say, Hmm?" He flashed her a childish smile.

 

Tiffany doesn't have a choice but to pull over in front of the store.

 

"Appa are we here?" Taehyun realized they stopped and asked immediately.

 

"Not yet, Appa is getting snacks only." Taeyeon explained to his son before he stepped out of the car.

 

"Snack? What kind?" Miyoung heard it and she got excited. "Gummy bear?"

 

"I don't know, sweetie but I guess it's something we will enjoy." A big smile plastered Tiffany's face as she looked back at her twins. "You guys excited?"

 

"Chincha? Yes, Omma!!!" Taehyun wiggles his legs.

 

"Me too, Omma." Miyoung does the same as she giggles.

 

"Let's wait for a little only, Appa will return." She told them, amused at their reactions.

 

After a while, Taeyeon returned with a paper bag. "Guess what's inside?" he hastily asked their kids.

 

"Peanuts?" Taehyun grinned. It's his favorite so he thought his father would buy it for him.

 

"More gummy bears?" Miyoung also guesses.

 

"Nope. It's another snack you guys like. What is it?"

 

'Corndogs.' Tiffany can smell it from her seat and she's sure of it. She just stayed quiet and watched their kids think of other snacks quietly. They look so adorable that she wanted to pinch their cheeks.

 

"Choco pies?" Taehyun guesses again after a few minutes of thinking.

 

"Nope." Taeyeon shakes his head. 'Why aren't they smelling it?' he's a bit disappointed but finds it funny.

 

"Steamed buns?" And Miyoung followed.

 

"No! Aish, just give up." 

 

"No! It's corndogs!" Both Taehyun and Miyoung answered at the same time.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon gasped. "Correct!" as they also said it at the same time. The kids got quiet for a couple of seconds then shouted as their father give them the snacks. 

 

"Thank you, Omma, Appa!" And the twins said together before they excitedly enjoy their food.

 

"And where's mine?" Tiffany sends glare to Taeyeon.

 

"I was about to return." Taeyeon flashed a big grin and quickly stepped out of the van.

 

Tiffany scoffs and chuckles. She glanced at the twins and realized those ketchup are now spreading on their cheeks and hands. "Tsk." She grabs tissue papers from the compartment and place it in front of them. "Grab the tissue and wipe your face after that, okay?"

 

"Yes, Omma." Miyoung answered while smiling cutely.

 

"And Taehyun too?"

 

"Yes!" Taehyun answered without giving a look to her.

 

She smiled sweetly and ruffles his hair gently. Just then, her phone rang which made her attention shift to the device casually. Her eyes doubled when Jessica sent a photo of Yul-jung already at the camping site, playing with stones. "They beat us." She exclaimed.

 

Taeyeon returned, couldn't say a word as he hurriedly buckled up because Tiffany just drives off without any warning. Thank God that the twins didn't leave their seat belts. "Yah, what's wrong?"

 

"The Kwon family is already there. Aish." Tiffany reasoned as she overtakes a lot of cars.

 

"Be careful, the kids are eating." Taeyeon glanced at their kids.

 

Tiffany glanced at them as well but realized they were not complaining and are enjoying their cheese corndogs, she keeps their speed as she focus on the road.

 

***

 

Yoong who is driving the camping van, can't help and feel gloomy as he glanced at Seoyoung and Yoonhun in the backseat. Seohyun has yet to return from filming this morning so he decided to drive their daughter and son without her. He's not sure she will be able to follow but she promised to drive right away to the camping once her filming ends. 

 

Upon realizing the car ahead has signals to slow down, he slowed down until they stopped as the traffic lights changed. He felt his phone vibrates, he casually fetched his phone out from his pocket and check a message coming from one of Im Tech's PR team. His heart skipped a beat when he reads the headline of the article the staff linked him to.

 

Seo Joohyun has ended her movie filming today with an announcement of retirement. According to her Agency, she has also reached the end of her contract and decided not to renew. 

 

He checked the traffic lights before he taps on the link and read the full article. His heart flutters when Seohyun mentioned him and their kids.

 

We talked to the actress on the phone and she said; "I and my husband, Im Yoong had been doing great with our little family. 2 years ago, I give birth to our maknae and I realized this is it, I will now focus to my family. I'm grateful for the decade I spent as an actress and I'm so grateful to the fans and colleagues that supported me. I owe you guys for my success.

I'm now 39 and ready to spend my 40s with my precious family. 

Until then." 

 

He didn't realize he is shedding tears until it drops on his chest. He quickly wipes them off and checks on the kids. He's glad both are sleeping but Yoonhun has slowly gained consciousness. He flashed him his cutest smile which brought a big smile to his son's face.

 

"Hey, sweetie." He greeted.

 

"Appa." Yoonhun greeted back with a frown when he realized the tears. He pouted sadly. "Appa cried?"

 

"Omo, no, I didn't." He grabs some tissue paper and wiped his tears off. "See? I'm smiling." 

 

"Okay." A big smile once again plastered the young boy's face.

 

Yoong giggles. He had another notification that made him open it and it was a post from Seohyun. 

 

seojuhyun: thank u @kidsonlineshop for the cap. Yoonhu loves it so much. ♥

 

He got excited and quickly wrote a response.

 

YoongHusband: our baby dinosaur is the cutest ♥ see ya later, hon.

seojuhyun: on the way now. ^^

 

Suddenly a honk was heard, he snapped out of reality and hastily drives again.

 

Seoyoung woke up a few minutes later and realized her little dongseng is playing with her specs instead of wearing them. She grabs it earning his cries automatically.

 

"Just wear it! Don't play with it, Yoonhu!" She scolded and put it on again.

 

"Yes." Yoonhu bobs his head up and down and giggles.

 

Seoyoung can't resist and pinch his cheeks as they both giggle.  

 

***

 

While preparing their grills, Jessica shakes her head when she realized Yul had been asking their son to keep on posing for his camera. It's Yuljung's first camping either way but Yul is being extra, even with all the complaints from their son.

 

Suddenly his phone rings, she grabs a tissue on the side and wipes her hands before she takes her phone out of her pocket. She smiles brightly upon being greeted by Yuljung's photo on the screen with Tiffany's contact ID flashing.

 

 

As she slides to answer the call, she was greeted by Tiffany's question.

 

[Where are you guys? We are already here.]

 

"We're near the lake, Fany."

 

[Omo, Chincha? I thought we agreed near the oak trees?]

 

"I know but when we found out there's a lake nearby, we decided to change our minds. Also, Yuljung wants to see the lake so we can't... decline him." She explained sheepishly. "Mianhe."

 

[We're going there, then. Have you meet the Im-Seo?]

 

"Not yet. I heard from Yoong that they woke up late and Seohyun hasn't returned since her filming last night."

 

[Oh, that's... sad.]

 

"I know right? But I'm pretty sure Seohyun will come too. Are you with Tae now?"

 

[Of course. We wouldn't make it here without him. Anyway, see you in a while.]

 

"Yes." She giggles and ended the call. 

 

"Omma, can I swim to the lake?" Yuljung came running towards him with a big smile on his face.

 

"No you can't." She answered firmly.

 

"See? I told you, sweetheart." Yul rubs his son's head gently. "It's okay. We can swim again when it's summer."

 

"But why not? Yuljung knows how to swim." A sad pout formed on the young boy's face.

 

"It's because it's cold out there." Jessica explained.

 

"I think it's not." Yuljung insists. 

 

"You might catch a cold. Help Omma clean the lettuce."

 

"Okay." He doesn't have a choice. He took his seat on a small chair for him across from his mother and smiled brightly again.

 

Jessica smiled back. She pinched her son's cheeks earning a giggle as he pass the lettuce to her. Yul on the other hand prepared the coal grilling. 

 

"By the way, don't kiss Miyoung again, araso?" Jessica was reminded of the birthday party a few weeks ago. "Aunt Fany told me that Miyoung didn't sleep that night."

 

"Chincha?" Yuljung grinned so wide. "I will play with Miyoung more then." 

 

"Omma is asking you seriously, Yuljung." Yul told his son as he glance at them at the back.

 

"Yes, Appa. Yuljung sowy." Yuljung smiled briefly and stuffed one lettuce into his small mouth.

 

Jessica gasped. "Yah, I thought you don't like lettuce without meat, honey?" 

 

"The meat will be later." said Yuljung while munching. "I like it too." 

 

"Aigoo." Jessica is speechless and she smiles sweetly, wiping off the little lettuce on her son's cheek.

 

Yul scoffs in disbelief at his son. Once the coal has started the fire, he picked up the plates of pork from their table and began grilling.

 

***

 

"It's a lake!" Taehyun exclaimed when he saw it as they slowly pulled over. "Appa, I can practice my swimming here, right?" And he got excited about it.

 

"Nope, it's a lake indeed but it's not safe there." Taeyeon replied as he looked back.

 

"Wae?" Miyoung got curious.

 

"It's because your instructor is not with us right now. And we don't have swimming outfits right now. We're here to hang out and have fun with our friends and your cousin Seoyoung and Yoonhu."

 

"Yuljung will not be here?" 

 

"Of course, he will be with his parents." Tiffany answered her daughter, knowing her concern. "But don't worry, he will behave now, hmm?"

 

Miyoung pouted cutely. "Okay." she nods slowly.

 

"Let's forget about it and have some fun." Taeyeon chuckled, stepping out of the van and opening the door for their kids.

 

"Go get the stuff first, I'll bring our kids to the Kwon." Tiffany instructed as she unbuckled Miyoung's seat belt first.

 

Taeyeon got nothing to say and complied as he went to the trunk while the kids come with their mother. 

 

"Oh, the twins are here." Yul who had just gotten out of the camping van immediately greeted the twins and Tiffany.

 

Miyoung hurriedly hides behind her mother when she saw Yuljung coming out too. Taehyun peek at her and she sends a glare at him. He stuck his tongue out which made her pout cutely.  

 

"You guys had lunch already?" Tiffany noticed their table.

 

"Yes, Yuljung can't wait." Yul explained as he smiled at Taehyun. 

 

"Where's Miyoung?" Yuljung asks as he tries to see who's behind Tiffany.

 

"Oh, she's-"

 

"Omma!" Miyoung looked up to her mother while shaking her head.

 

Tiffany laughs. "I told you it's fine now. You guys wait here while I help Appa, okay?"

 

"I'll look after Miyoungie, Omma." Taehyun grinned earning a hit from his sister.

 

"Aigoo, play with Yuljung." said Tiffany as she caressed both of the twins' cheeks briefly before she returns to the van.

 

Yul bends down and smiles at the twins. "You want to play jenga first?" 

 

"Where's Auntie Jessica?" Taehyun realized the absence of Yuljung's mother.

 

"Omma left to buy some ramen." said Yuljung as he took his hand. "Let's go play in the forest."

 

"Wait, don't go too far." Yul shouted the moment his son drags Taehyun with him. 

 

"Let's just play jenga, Samchon." Miyoung offers, flashing a big smile. 

 

"Okay, since it's only the two of us." says Yul as he flashed a genuine smile to the young girl and headed inside the van.

 

Miyoung took her seat on the chair and pouts cutely as she watches her twin brother, playing with the ball with Yuljung. 'Seoyoung Noona isn't here yet.' She sighs.

 

"What's with the long face?" asked Tiffany from nearby while she and Taeyeon are setting up their tent, table, and grilling in front of the van.

 

"Seoyoung Noona and Yoonhu aren't here yet." said Miyoung loudly as she crossed her arms. "I don't want to play with Yuljung."

 

"Aigoo, why not?" Yul chuckled as he stepped out of the van. "He was looking forward, to playing with you too."

 

"Hmph, he only drags Taehyun." Miyoung shrugs her shoulders.

 

Taeyeon saw it and scoffed. He didn't mind saying a word as he continue to set up their stuff.

 

"Let's just play then." Yul had nothing to say about it and just place the jenga blocks on the table which changed the mood of the little girl. 

 

"Your daughter, she really can't forget about it." Tiffany chuckles as she chuckled. "It was just on the cheek but she's making a big deal." 

 

"She's four, she will eventually forget about it as time passes." Taeyeon believes so as he glanced at their daughter nearby. "She's cute as always though."

 

"Well, she got our genes." Tiffany proudly says. 

 

***

 

As the sun sets and everyone settles down to have a barbecue party together, Taeyeon grabs a guitar from the van and started strumming it that grabs the attention of everyone, especially his family.

 

"What are you doing?" Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

 

"Singing for us, Hyung?" Yoong asks softly from across him.

 

"You guys sing while I strum the guitar." Taeyeon replied with a brief smile.

 

"What song?" Jessica got curious as she pass the kimchi to Seohyun across her.

 

"Any song you want to request?" Taeyeon asks back softly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter