Ch 14

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | One Step at a time

 

 

***

 

 

Fixing his hair for the second time, Yoong flashes his infamous smile to the mirror and finally left the comfort room, walking back to the ballroom. The summit is on its second day and his team with Yul is so far scoring good investors. 

 

"Your phone rings earlier." Yul told him when took his seat next to him.

 

Yoong didn't mind saying a word to Yuri as he checks his miss calls right away but find it unregistered and he doesn't even recognize it. Then he noticed a text message coming from the same number.

 

It's my new number, Yoong. Save it. I'll call back later. You are so handsome in that blue suits.

- Stephanie

 

"She's here indeed." Looking around the place, he can't find her. "Tsk." So he decided to block it and return his attention to the speaker. 

 

Moments later, his phone rings and another unregistered number flashes on the screen. He just ignored it and turned off his phone so it won't disturb him and Yuri who got annoyed by the ringtone.

 

 

:::

 

 

Cheers, squeals, and drums are filling up the entire football field as runners take their spot on the track field. Everyone is waving to their respective families from the bleachers except Taeyeon who looks pressured and nervous. 

 

"Oppa, good luck." Krystal told him, smiling in amusement at the pale face of the young man.

 

A small yet fake smile formed on Taeyeon's lips. He then glances to where Seoyoung and Tiffany are, both cheering on top of their lungs which is giving more reasons for him to feel the pressure. 'I used to run so fast. I know I can do this.' He cheered himself mentally. 

 

Taking their position, the whistle was release and automatically everyone runs. It's two laps only, everyone is doing their best to run faster than the others.

 

However, Krystal who is good at it is leading them. The second place is not that far and Taeyeon who is in the fourth place is also not that far.

 

"See? Krystal Noona really runs fast." Minguk is proud.

 

Seoyoung can't say anything but just cutely pouting, watching her Samchon. She expected him to be in the lead right away but he wasn't. He is now almost the last person.

 

"It's okay, Honey. Samchon will take the lead later." Tiffany comforted the younger girl, rubbing her back, gently. "Come on, let's cheer for him more. He needs his confidence back." And she ushered.

 

Getting up, Seoyoung waves the balloons and shouts her Uncle's name. "SAMCHOOOOON TAEYEEEEOOOONNNN!!!! YOU CAN DOOOO IIIIITTTT!!!'

 

" That's right, baby!" Tiffany smiled so brightly and she joined her right away. "SAMCHOOON TAEYEOOOON YOU CAN DOOOO ITTTT!!!"

 

Jessica nearby can't help and smile at the two girls. And it amazes her more to see their banners up as they continue to cheer. 'You got the best fan girls, Mr. Chairman.' She thought in mind as she stole them a picture on her phone.

 

-

 

"Omo, Omo, he's in third place!" Tiffany got hype and stood up once again after the first lap. Jessica also stood up and grabs the chance to cheer on her sister. "Feeling threatened now?" Tiffany playfully asks the young nurse who stuck her tongue out towards her. She laughs and once again cheered harder for Taeyeon.

 

Seoyoung is already tired just watch her Uncle with wide smiles on her face. She's cheering however in her mind while Minguk joined her Aunt as well.

 

"Let's go Krystal!"

 

"Let's go Taeyeon-ah!!! You're doing great!"

 

"Let's go Noonaaaa!!!!"

 

And more cheers that's overlapping the other cheers from the others.

 

 

:::

 

 

Opening the bottle of water, Seohyun took her seat to her special chair and took a couple of gulps of the liquid. She let out a sigh and wipes her lips with the tissue paper.

 

While the staff is setting up the room, she grabs the chance to check her phone and she wasn't wrong to see Detective Choi's new messages. All of it has photos of Stephanie, obviously watching her husband.

 

To Detective Choi: Keep your eyes on her. If you think she's doing something inappropriate, don't hesitate to stop her.

 

She sent a message to the detective and the latter simply replied 'Noted'. She was about to put her phone down when she received a photo of her daughter sent by Yoong. The photo came from the school's SNS account that it was photographed professionally. The bright smiles from her daughter are of high quality. And it immediately brought a big smile to her face.

 

 

:::

 

 

Breathing heavily while supporting himself through his knees, Taeyeon can barely feel his legs after the contest ended.

 

'I need water.' He said at the back of his head. His sweats are all over his face, soaking him.

 

"Congrats Taeyeon-ah!"

 

Tiffany's voice then was heard nearby, causing him to look up and meet her proud gazes and smiles.

 

"Samchon, so proud of you!" Seoyoung approached him with a silver medal, putting it on his head.

 

"I did not win." He told them. "I'm sorry." As he straightened himself.

 

"What are you talking about? Second is still a win!" Said Tiffany as matter of fact. She hits his arm and gives him the bottle of water. "I thought you won't able to make it to second place but you did!"

 

"Tiffany Unnie is right, Samchon." Seoyoung agreed with the older. "You're jjang!" And she sends him two little thumbs up. "Seoyoung is proud!" 

 

Taeyeon smiled at them brightly. "Chincha?" He lowered himself to have eye level with the younger. "Samchon, is proud of you too, Seoyoung. Hi-5." He offers and the latter instantly complied.

 

"What about me?" Tiffany stretched her hand over and Taeyeon hi-5 with her. "Go wash up! You stink!" But immediately instructed.

 

Taeyeon's face turned poker when he heard it. "I did my best."

 

"Next game is family game. My favorite!" Seoyoung excitedly informed.

 

"Seoyoung is right. So wash up now before we get disqualified." Tiffany handed his backpack and smiles. "Off you go, Taeyeon Samchon." But can't help it and .

 

"Aish. Okay." Said Taeyeon but before he leaves, he stole a kiss on Tiffany's cheek and just casually walk away, heading to the shower rooms nearby. 

 

Tiffany rubs her cheek as the sweat from the young chairman transferred to his skin. "He looks hot though." But can't deny the fact.

 

"Unnie should we practice now?" Seoyoung can't waste time and she drags the older girl to the tent, where people are giving what they need for the game.

 

-

 

"The next game is teamwork, where the ankle should be tied all together and have to pass all the obstacles all the way to the finish line. The fastest will win the first game and will move to the second teamwork game. We'll only get top five winners to move." The organizer set the rule as everyone took their spots in their respective place. A total of 20 families are joining the game, the total of kids the nursery school has. "Since our kids have small legs, either of the guardians should carry their kids. Are you all ready?!"

 

"Yes!" Jessica, Minguk, and Krystal are ready beside Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seoyoung. The two groups eyed each other with smirks on their faces.

 

"3, 2, 1!" And the whistle was heard. Everyone started moving with their own strategy; some are walking with big steps together while others are hoping.

 

"1, 2 Jump! 1, 2 Jump!" The Im group is hoping while Taeyeon is holding Seoyoung in his right arm and his other arm is hooked with Tiffany's. A chair is on their front, Taeyeon is instructed to go to the right and they jump together.

 

Jessica who is carrying Minguk is having a hard time jumping with her sister as the young boy is a bit heavy. She keeps falling and Minguk immediately climbs to her back. It was like that for the next 15 minutes.

 

"Our top racer is almost on the finish line!" Announced the organizer upon seeing that five families are faster than the rest. "We have the Lee family, leading the race. The second is the Seo family! The third is our Park family and the fourth and fifth are in the same speed, the Im, and the Kang family!"

 

Jessica's ears perks upon hearing the Ims. They're apparently in seventh place. And she no longer has hopes they'll make it to the top 5.

 

-

 

"We have our top five moving to the next round!" After few minutes, all that was mentioned made it to the next round. Everyone is exhausted but is celebrating their win.

 

"Seoyoung going to get the gold medal next!" Taeyeon promised as she put the bronze medal on his niece as the third family to reach the finish line.

 

"It's a treasure hunt! My most favorite!" Seoyoung exclaimed and started dancing randomly to the music playing in the background.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are both smiling while can't stop feeling proud of one another. Their teamwork really paid off and they're excited for the next one.

 

"You guys all rock!" Jessica approaches them to congratulate them.

 

"Thank you, Unnie." Seoyoung smiled so bright and bowed afterward while holding the medal on her chest. 

 

"You and the Jung too, Jessica." Taeyeon replied and gives her a brief hug.

 

"I had a hard time with Minguk. If only it was my Uncle or Yul with me, it's going to be an easy one." Chuckled Jessica softly. "But we did our best. So yeah." she shrugs her shoulders in the process.

 

"Krystal and you have won on respective games, you guys rock too." Tiffany shares her thoughts and smiles at Minguk nearby. "He's a bright kid like our Seoyoung."

 

"Absolutely. He got it from his parents." said Jessica as she giggles. Krystal and Minguk are having their snacks on their seats and are fighting over it. "I'll leave you guys here, looks like someone has to stop their antics." she excuses herself as she jogs towards them.

 

"Unnie, can I have some snacks? I'm hungry." Seoyoung got hungry when she saw her other classmates.

 

"It's almost lunchtime. Let's have a meal now instead of that. The next game is going to take place in the afternoon." Taeyeon noticed the time and made a decision. He was about to pick his niece up when Seoyoung shakes her head. "Wae?"

 

"Samchon's arm is sore, wasn't it?" Seoyoung can see it, the pain reliever patch is there which means he's hurt.

 

"It's okay, Samchon is still strong." Taeyeon denied, smiling in assurance.

 

"Yah, Im Taeyeon, just rest that. We have a long day later." Tiffany said and shakes her head in disbelief. "Come on, let's get going." she ushers them and took Seoyoung's hand as they followed the other families.

 

Sighing in defeat, Taeyeon just complied. He can't help and hold his right arm, gently massaging it, especially the middle part. Seoyoung may be light but the almost an hour of carrying her on his arm isn't what he imagined. He wasn't prepared.

 

-

 

"Let me feed you." Tiffany offered when she noticed Taeyeon is having a hard time taking a bite of his food.

 

"No, it's fine. My arm is just a bit-"

 

"No, you just drop your food." She cut him off and transferred her seat next to him. She didn't think twice and feeds him which he reluctantly allowed.

 

"Thanks." Taeyeon shyly said, blushing profusely because his niece is watching, he felt uncomfortable with Tiffany's sweet treatment.

 

"Unnie and Samchon are like a couple, like Omma and Appa." Giggles Seoyoung. She loves what she's watching. It's like watching her own parents. 

 

Tiffany smiled awkwardly at the younger girl. "I guess that will be soon." and she randomly replied. But realized it and widened her eyes as her heart skipped a beat to the stunned Taeyeon as well. "I-I mean... yeah... it would be... go-good image of us like your parents." she smiled brightly but quickly dropped it with a poker face.

 

"Yo-" Taeyeon can't continue his words when Tiffany shoves the kimchi to his mouth. He just fakes a smile while munching, blushing more because of what she said. It causes his heart to flutter. 

 

Suddenly his phone beeps under his pocket. "I'll check this first." He declined the next feed by her as he put his attention to the message. But much to his surprised, it's money, being wired to his account. "What?" And it came from Tiffany.

 

"Oh, they already send the compensation for my apartment." Tiffany just nonchalantly reacted taking a bite of her grilled beef.

 

"But why in my account?" Taeyeon asks confusedly.

 

"Remember? I owe you some money. That's half of it, so yeah, just accept it, okay?"

 

"But... "

 

"Yah, you told me to pay for it when I have enough money, there's no reason for you to complain." Tiffany reminded in a bit louder voice that startled Seoyoung, who is peacefully having her own meal. "I'm sorry, Seoyoung-ah. I just want your Samchon to understand." She immediately apologized and sends glares to Taeyeon.

 

"It's okay, Unnie." Says Seoyoung with a cute smile. She opened so big to eat the piece of grilled beef and happily chew it, causing Tiffany to smile back at her. 

 

Taeyeon let out a defeating sigh once again. "Okay." He definitely can't complain since he agreed to her. He took his chopsticks back Tiffany once again feeds him. She even wipes the corner of his lips, as if there's some dirt. "Yah, stop it." He finally got a reason to complain.

 

"We must win next game, I have to take care of you." Tiffanny reasoned, flashing her infamous eye-smiles that got the young man speechless.

 

"Unnie, mine too." Seoyoung playfully said as she giggles and continue her meal. She can't stop smiling watching them. 

 

 

:::

 

 

The moment the signal was released, everyone started running around to look for the treasure everywhere in the football field which was being turned into a forest after they put a lot of fake plants, flowers, and rocks. According to the organizer, they need three golden eggs, three silver eggs, and three bronze eggs. If they found one egg, they have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter