Ch 07

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07 | Date

 

 

***

 

2 hours and a half of searching around the forest, Taeyeon nearly give up and call for some help from the police when he suddenly heard squeals and screams that sound so like Tiffany. He hurriedly follows the noise and reached the place just to see Tiffany is having fun eating the strawberries around her. She was picking and eating, not even aware of his presence.

 

"The stain..." he looked down to the bottle on his hand which seems to be coming from the strawberries."Is this even hers?" He wonders because it had been hours and he found her too far from the place he found the bottle. 'But she didn't even answer my calls not even caring to call me.' He realized Tiffany forgot about him and so was the reason they're in the mountains. His worries for her were nothing to see she's safe but it upsets him.

 

"Omo, Taeyeon-ah. You're here." Tiffany finally realized someone's been watching her. "These strawberries are so sweet and really free. Couldn't help and pick them and eat." she giggles, not even noticing the frown on his face. She picks another strawberry and happily eats it.

 

"You did not even call me." Taeyeon said as he approached her hesitantly. 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Tiffany apologized with a sheepish smile. "I was too excited to eat these." 

 

"I was worried sick for you, Tiffany!" Taeyeon couldn't control his anger and he shouted. "For two hours, I searched for you around. Although it's good you're safe, but at least call me so I won't be wasting my time looking for you. You scared me, don't you know that?" and he shows how upset he is for her.

 

Tiffany is taken aback. "I... I'm really so sorry." but there's nothing she can do but to apologize. She accepts her mistake too. "

 

"Yeah, you should be. I thought you were even that excited to be on top of the world. Well, you don't even care about me, do you?" Taeyeon scoffs and turned to leave. 

 

"W-wait, Tae-tae." Tiffany quickly picks her backpack that has a lot of strawberries and tried to catch up with him. "Forgive me please. I... I was really just too carried away to see strawberry farm out there." however Taeyeon is walking fast that it's hard for her to even reach him.

 

Taeyeon then slows down and finally, he talks. "We're going home." But only to announce it to Tiffany. 

 

"Seriously? Isn't it too early?" Tiffany is surprised to hear it.

 

"Nope. Tomorrow is the last day." Taeyeon reminded and fasten his pace again, not caring to look at Tiffany.

 

"Ugh, can't we stay until tomorrow afternoon at least? We haven't even gone to that falls you were talking about." Tiffany also reminded, as she whined but the upset and cold chairman of the tech company doesn't even care about her complaints. "Come on, Tae-tae." she got his arm and shakes it.

 

"If you want, you can stay. Besides, I have an important event to attend in three days." Taeyeon continues his cold treatment and yanks Tiffany's hand on his arm as he continues his way back to the van.

 

Giving up, Tiffany dropped her shoulders helplessly and just follow his way. As they reached the van, Taeyeon started fixing up their stuff to the trunk while she just watches him, pouting sadly and regretting doing it to him. Her plans were ruined because of the strawberries and she decided to not bring them as they drove back to the city, in dead silence.

 

 

:::

 

[Hospital]

 

Walking out of the comfort room, Yoong immediately smiles to be greeted by his wife's sweet smiles, who just finished reading their daughter a book. 

 

"Would you mind?" Seohyun handed the book back to her husband while Seoyoung is sleeping on her chest.

 

Yoong gently put the book on the table and gently pick Seoyoung up and carried her to a nearby sofa that he prepared for her.

 

"She really can't leave me after she wakes up without us." Seohyun sighs but a smile appeared on her face. 

 

"She's too clingy as always." chuckled Yoong as he returned next to his wife, taking her hand in both hands. "Go to sleep, I'll sing you a song." he sweetly says earning a caress on his hand.

 

Slowly closing her eyes, Seohyun's lips are curved from ear to ear as she waits patiently for her husband to sing for her but she didn't hear anything instead she heard a phone vibrating. She opened her eyes back and Yoong let go of her hand to pick his phone from the coffee table. "Aigoo, who would call you this time of the night?" she's a bit upset.

 

"My brother." Yoong informed before he pressed the answer button. "Hey."

 

[Is Seohyun still awake?] Taeyeon asks softly from the next line.

 

"Yeah, why?" 

 

[I'm heading there.] 

 

The call just ended like that which cause Yoong to wonder. "Isn't it too early for him to return to the city? I mean, for them?"

 

"Wae? They're coming here?" 

 

"Not exactly them because he is referring to himself only." Yoong explained as he took his seat back next to his wife. "So I bet he has dropped Tiffany to her apartment already."

 

"Too early to return indeed. What could've happened?" Seohyun got curious. "They didn't fight again did they?" she joke in a chuckle but her husband did not even laugh. She coughs and turned serious. "Something really happened." she mumbles and smiles briefly.

 

"Yeah, I hope it wasn't a bad thing." Yoong whispers and sighs. "Or is it because the Anniversary Party is in three days? He plans to not stay with Tiffany until the third day?"

 

Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. "Who knows?"

 

"Whatever it is, this just means, I need to cancel my concert." Yoong giggles as she changes his mind. Seohyun tried to hit him but she couldn't reach him because of the neck support over her neck. He stuck his tongue out victoriously.

 

"You and Seoyoung are really alike, aigoo... " Seohyun couldn't deny it. Having a childish husband and daughter is a bit of a headache but her heart loves it.

 

 

:::

 

[The Next Day]

 

 

Just the moment he stepped into his car, Taeyeon heard his phone ringing. He casually took it out and rolled his eyes to see Tiffany's caller ID flashing on the screen. He decided to answer either way. "Hey."

 

[Good morning, Tae. How are you doing?]

 

"We just talked last night." He answered, slowly driving off his car.

 

[Yeah but that wasn't good. You still sound mad at me.]

 

"I am not anymore. Just driving right to the company, I am focused on the road." He explained as a matter of fact.

 

[Okay. Let's have lunch later.]

 

"I'll see my schedule first. My secretary hasn't shared it. I might be having lunch with some businessmen." 

 

[You're avoiding me aren't you?]

 

"Nope. Why would I?" He chuckled softly in disbelief although he hasn't moved on from yesterday's events.

 

[Well, you just sound like. But okay, as you say so. I'll wait for your call.]

 

Taeyeon just smiled a little and ended their conversation. He sighs as he still doesn't know how to continue with his courtship with Tiffany. He feels as if not worth it for her knowing he gets upsets easily. But what happened just really makes him feel unwanted. "Aish, whatever." He shrugged it off and speeds up with his drive. 

 

39 minutes later, he reached the front of his company and a driver took his key as he drives it to the parking ground. His Secretary meets with him halfway as he walks to the lift, passing employees who are bowing to pay their respect to him.

 

"Mr. Chairman, you have a meeting with the board in an hour and a lunch meeting with the company's organizer of the Anniversary Party. Also, here." The Secretary handed him a card.

 

"Invitation card is done?" Taeyeon didn't expect to be greeted by it and he likes the design. "Who approved this?" 

 

"The Vice President Mr. Chairman." The Secretary informed softly.

 

"I see. He's here?" 

 

"Yes, saw him earlier talking with Director Kwon." 

 

Taeyeon nodded lightly as he smiled a little to his secretary. As soon as they reached the lift, he took his phone to message Tiffany about his lunch meeting and never check her response any more as he immediately got busy when he entered his office.

 

-

 

"So you planning to invite Tiffany to the party?"

 

Taeyeon shifted his attention to his brother who sits next to him in the restaurant after he had a meeting. "What are you talking about?" he chuckled as he handed back the menu of food to the waiter.

 

"You saw the guest lists, didn't you? Yul is inviting Jessica, me inviting my daughter and most of your employees are bringing their love ones." Yoong said as he casually took a bite of the fries on the table. "There's no reason for you to not invite her as your date." 

 

Taeyeon scoffs. "And why is it Seoyoung you're bringing to the party? I thought Seohyun will be discharged this Friday?" he shook his head gently in disbelief.

 

"Not because she will be discharged doesn't mean she has completely recovered. She needs medication and rest." Yoong explained. "So?" He grinned afterward to his brother.

 

"Not sure about it. You know Yul is going to be there. She might decline. But I'll send an invitation." Taeyeon shrugs his shoulders. The new order arrived and he shared the other plate with his brother. 

 

"What really happened?" ask Yoong for the umpteenth time ever since the two returned. His brother and Tiffany never shared anything from their quick trip. 

 

"I told you, it's nothing to talk about. We're good." Taeyeon took a bite of his salad right away. "We ended it quick because I have to return to the company right away." he further explained.

 

"Oh well." Yoong decided not to push it anymore and took the bite of his food. "Just so you know, Jessica and Yul seem getting along. Saw Yul last night visiting her in the hospital." 

 

"Really?" Taeyeon brightened upon hearing it.

 

"So yeah, you have no reason to stop what you have started." smiled Yoong in reassurance to his older brother.

 

Taeyeon sighs. "I hope so."

 

"Why?"

 

"What-why?"

 

"I heard you sigh."

 

Chuckling, Taeyeon playfully hit his brother's arm. "I was just-"

 

"You think you really have no chance on her?" Yoong interrupted as he can guess it on his brother's face.

 

"Tiffany... I don't know her sometimes." said Taeyeon softly as he sighs once again. "You know there are times that she always appreciates me and I love that because I can see that I make her happy but there's also some time that she wouldn't... or she would even forget she's with me. That I'm just nothing... not even a friend. Ugh, I'm just quite dramatic." he chuckled amused by his own words.

 

"Something really happened that's why you're like this." Yoong smirk earning a rolling of eyes from his brother.

 

"But with what you told me about Yul, I have no worries about hurting him if I ever get Tiffany." 

 

"He's moving on... which TIffany is doing too, I guess." 

 

"I can see she is too, Yoong, believe me." Taeyeon confidently says, smiling at his younger brother.

 

"That's what I wanted to hear too from you." Yoong is happy to hear it. "So don't hesitate and invite her. Forget what happened back in the trip okay? It was just your imagination or something. I'll help you find a good suit tomorrow, don't worry." he playfully winks at him earning a laugh and a playful hit. 

 

"Your daughter, I should date her rather in that party."

 

"Omo, as the father of that adorable bean, no way I'm going to make that happen." Yoong firmly replied causing Taeyeon to laugh out so loud, catching attention from customers nearby.

 

"But really if Tiffany declines, I'll get my niece as my date."

 

"And who will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter