Ch 22

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 | Freedom

 

***

 

While they're having conversations at one table in a cafeteria in the hospital, Tiffany suddenly felt her phone vibrates in her pocket. She stops paying attention to them especially to Taeyeon to check what was it about.

 

unknown number: Just bring any minus one music and prepare for your audition.

 

She wanted to just ignore it when she received another message but coming from Taecyeon this time.

 

Taecyeon: Mnet PD messages me about your acceptance to audition. Should I come and cheer for you? I can provide you music.

 

Tiffany thought for a minute before she types her response and sent it to her friend.

 

I think I won't able to come back home to get my instrumental. I guess you need to really do me a favor ;p see u later Taec.

 

Taecyeon: Yes, Ma'am!

 

She smiled briefly upon reading her friend's simple reply and finally she returned her attention to her friends but to her surprised, Taeyeon is staring at her with questioning eyes. "It's from work." she immediately explained, briefly caresses her boyfriend's cheek.

 

Taeyeon's features softened as he smiles and casually feeds her with the salad. "Even here you are working. I won't be surprised if you receive an award." he teasingly says.

 

Jessica and Yul both chuckle.

 

"You guys know I can't decline any work." Tiffany explained herself, hitting the young chairman's arm as she sends him glares.

 

"It's really part of our lives... you know working for others." Jessica can relate to her fellow woman.

 

"Exactly, Jessica." Taking her glass of juice, Tiffany offered a toast to the young nurse, and they both giggles after they clink their glasses.

 

"Well, there's someone here who isn't working for anyone." Yul mentioned, sharing glances with Taeyeon. He can't help and also pick his glass and Taeyeon and he made a toast, earning laughs from their girlfriends respectively.

 

"But as long as you're happy with your career job, and are being treated well, then that's totally fine." said Taeyeon as he agrees with them. "We're adults now either way." he concluded, flashing a sweet smile to Tiffany who proudly smiles back at him.

 

"I'm curious, what did you guys discover from each other when you started dating?" Jessica changed the topic and put the attention to the couple before her and Yul. "I mean, something we don't know... you know." she shrugs her shoulders.

 

"We already know each other before this even started." Taeyeon chuckled as he suddenly got nervous. He stares at Tiffany just to see her smirks. "Yah, don't ya ever share something weird." he warned.

 

"Can't you just let her?" Yul chuckled softly. "Spill it fany." as he can see there's something they don't know.

 

"Not actually really something I discover... but I think it happened thrice... when he stays over my apartment to a sleepover, there are times where he couldn't sleep. So he would grab a book and read it, not in the bed but the bathroom." Tiffany shares, chuckling. Taeyeon looked at her with those unamused glares. She took his hand squeeze it as she giggles. 

 

Taeyeon sighs in defeat.

 

"What? Why would he read there?" Jessica exclaimed but it also amuses her.

 

"He said when he's in the bathroom, he can imagine vividly the story he is reading. But he ends up couldn't sleep at all until the sunrises." Tiffany further shares. She laughs and shares a picture of him in the bathroom with a book.

 

Yul and Jessica both laugh to see the innocent face of the young chairman but with those dark circles.

 

"You seriously love to embarrass me, aren't you?" Taeyeon mock but in a playful way. He loves to see and listens to his girlfriend's laugh either way. 

 

"I'm sorry. It's just funny. But good thing this didn't happen anymore." Said Tiffany, leaning in to peck his lips and giggles. Taeyeon's reaction is just the funniest and she so wanted to hug him. 

 

"What about Tiffany, Taeyeon-ah?" Jessica doesn't want to miss the chance to also give Taeyeon his revenge.

 

"Um, it-"

 

"Don't you freaking dare!" Tiffany covered his mouth as she threatened him that instant. 

 

"Yah, that's unfair." Yul laughs as he tried to push Tiffany's handoff of the chairman but the latter would cover his mouth again.

 

"I think let's change the topic to something else." Taeyeon announced as he pushed his girlfriend's hand off of his mouth. "Don't worry, you're safe, love." he said and wink.

 

"Aish." Yul shakes his head in disappointment which Jessica copied. "That's not fun anymore."

 

"Why don't you spill about Jessica as well?" Tiffany dares, sending smirks to her ex-boyfriend who looked at the young nurse next to him first.  

 

Quickly, Jessica get up and took Yul from behind the wheelchair. "Visiting hours have ended here. Let's talk again some time." She announced coldly and pulled him she started pushing him back to his ward, leaving the couple alone.

 

"Ugh, see you guys again." Yul could only wave his hand in the air. 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are both speechless and agape, don't know if they upset the young nurse or it was a joke because she was serious. But one thing is for sure, it was unfair on their part. They could only laugh it out.

 

to Jessica: I'm going to ask you about Yul.

 

And Taeyeon especially messages Jessica but receives nothing.

 

"How could they leave us hanging?" Tiffany is still trying to calm down as she finishes her salad.

 

"They sure don't want to share with us. They fooled ya, love." Taeyeon chuckled softly, realizing it. "You bait it."

 

"Aish." Tiffany hits his arm and pouted cutely. 

 

"Let's get going. You can't miss work today." Getting up, Taeyeon took his girlfriend's bag to carry it for her and casually holds her hands as they walked out of the cafeteria, passing through patients and doctors in the hallway.

 

"If I'm rich enough, I will be a doctor, to be honest." Tiffany randomly shares. "I mean no one's going to disagree with me how cool to be a doctor you know."

 

"Exactly. But if it's really fated for you, it is for you." Taeyeon shares his thoughts as well. He never dreamed to have such a profession his entire life despite its a popular career. His life revolved in business since he was born through his parents and he is proud of it.

 

"Definitely." said Tiffany, flashing a sweet smile as she leans into Taeyeon's shoulder. Having a boyfriend that's taller than you is really an advantage. She can feel his protection every time he's near her.

 

As they reached the exit, it started raining, causing them to take their steps back. 

 

"The umbrella is in the car." Taeyeon frowns and handed her bag back. "But I can get it." He didn't wait for any reaction from her as he immediately runs to the car.

 

"Aish, how careless!" Tiffany exclaimed. It got her concern instantly, watching him just covering his head with his hands. "I'm so going to hit his head if he catches a cold." she could totally foresee it.

 

Taeyeon came back, holding now the red umbrella. "Ouch." But he definitely received a hard hit on his chest. "What's wrong?"

 

"You freaking just soak yourself right now!" Tiffany angrily shouted. She sends him glares but he just smiles.

 

"I have extra clothes in my office. I'll just change there." Taeyeon explained himself as he side hugs her. "Come on, we don't have so much time." and he pulled her closer protectively as they walk together to the car.

 

"You better take care of yourself if you catch a cold." Tiffany warned just to make the young chairman smile. "I'm serious."

 

"Yes, ma'am." Taeyeon could only playfully reply. He's fluttered with her caring side but he knows he should take it seriously.

 

:::

 

It's still raining when Taeyeon reached the company but he is thinking twice if he's going to step out of the car or not because he spotted reporters outside. They're blocking the entrance. 

 

He then called his secretary on the phone to ask the intentions of the reporters.

 

[They want to ask your reactions about your brother's leaving the company, Mr. Chairman. I suggest you take the parking lot's lift. They'll just throw random questions too.]

 

"Aish." Taeyeon hissed. "I'll take your advice." But decided to do as she said. He the engine gently drives off, turning it over so he will enter the building by the parking lot. He however had to curse when he found reporters still. "I need securities here now." He commanded to his secretary who immediately sends.

 

'My brother is indeed not here anymore, but it feels like he's here.' He had been so stressed about him. "! Why can't he just disappear!" he cursed so loud, taking out his bitterness inside him. He can't able to hold it anymore. Even though he understands the situation, why does he has to be affected too? Ever since their parents were gone it's always like that. He had enough of him. He's tired of being tangled with him every time he had something going on. 

 

Unconsciously, his tears started to fall as he slowly breaks down, holding the steering tightly as he screamed and curses his brother more. The heavy chest he had been holding for so long when he thinks of him, he's letting them out as he continued to cry. Being the big brother is definitely not easy. He had to be stronger than him but he isn't as strong as others know. Not even his own girlfriend knows, he's the most fragile inside. 

 

:::

 

Walking out of the comfort room after changing into a white hoodie shirt that has the text 'dream big', Tiffany stands in front of the mirror and puts on a big smile. But she slowly frowns when she remembers the hoodie shirt, it was gifted by Taeyeon last night, after they sent her mother home. But there's something more of it that she can help and sighs.

 

Flashback...

 

Sitting back on the couch where her boyfriend is apparently waiting for her, Tiffany handed him the other mug of choco they always love to enjoy every time it's almost midnight. They were quiet for a couple of minutes as they enjoy watching the movie on her flatscreen tv until Taeyeon suddenly pulled his arm off of her shoulders and get something from his backpack.

 

"I didn't come without a gift." Taeyeon said as he smiled brightly, showing the hoodie shirt he had been wanting to give.

 

Tiffany scoffs in disbelief, taking it from him and checks if it has something in the pocket because he sometimes surprises her. Good thing there wasn't anything. "Hmm, not bad. What about you? Is this supposed to be a couplehood?" She loves hoodies so much but she can't be the only one.

 

"Nope. I thought of you right away when I saw the shirt. Maybe next time." explained Taeyeon, taking a sip of his choco and remind her that they have a couple of mugs in the first place. He almost drops the mug when Tiffany kissed his cheek. He looked at her with teasing smiles.

 

"I thought we're playing games tonight?" Tiffany reminded as she hits his arm gently.

 

"I change my mind. Let's finish this movie and go to bed."

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yup." Taeyeon flashes a small smile, placing the mug down on the coffee table, and resumes his attention to the movie. 

 

"I don't mind." Resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder, Tiffany sighs in contentment, lips curved into a sweet smile, feeling warm always inside whenever they are close with each other. If only he can stay always every after work, she doesn't mind watching a movie on her tv even though it's more romantic if it's in a cinema. 

 

"Can I share something?" Taeyeon broke his silence after at least fifteen minutes. 

 

"Hmm?" Tiffany doesn't mind looking at him as she enjoys playing with their hands.

 

"I... actually lied."

 

"About what?"

 

Taeyeon pauses and thinks for a moment before he continued. "About doing my best to save my brother from getting fired." He halfheartedly shares.

 

Tiffany eventually raises her head to look at him in the eyes in confusion. "What do you mean?"

 

"I tried to but... one of the directors pursued me to vote him out." revealed Taeyeon with a heavy sigh. It once again hurts him as he feels like he betrayed his own brother. "I thought of the big impact that may continue in the coming days if he stays... I have to save the company before it catches fire. He doesn't know about this that's why I'm sharing this with you." 

 

"Wow, Taeyeon. You made me believe you care more about him than I do." Tiffany can't believe what she heard that she felt so upset. 

 

"I'm sorry. But please understand."

 

"How am I going to face Seohyun now after hearing that from you?"

 

"You guys are still best friends." Taeyeon firmly stated.  "It doesn't change that." It's just ridiculous to hear it from her.

 

"But you fired her husband. What do you think will she feel about this? And Yoong?"

 

"He was the one who told me that I can vote him out if I thought it's necessary. I just did it for the company, Tiffany." Getting up, Taeyeon let out a frustrated exhale and walk to the balcony. He can't help and kick the nearby chair. He thought Tiffany will understand his situation but she's so quick on judging him. He really wants him to stay so bad but it's risky. It's affecting the company badly.

 

"He really asks you to vote him out?" Tiffany's voice came after a couple of minutes behind him.

 

Taeyeon turned slowly and sighs. "It was like a joke that he mentioned. Of course, he doesn't want me to do that." He shares earning a scoff.

 

"I understand your reasons. It's just... upsetting to learn it." Tiffany steps closer so she can wrap her arms around his waist. "Well, I'll just forget this night and move forward. I don't think it's necessary too to still fight with this when it's done. And we can't turn it back. I'm with you, okay? Just don't lie to me again." she whispers. She can feel his tense body but as time passes, he calms down and returns her hug.

 

"Thank you." said Taeyeon in a whisper. He needs her so much right now. He's glad she understands. "I really didn't regret sharing it with you."

 

Pulling back to see his face, Tiffany sweetly smiled and peck on his lips. "Now I just realize why those eyes aren't that happy at all. I miss noticing that, earlier. But it's fine. It'll be alright soon." she assures positively. Taeyeon opened his lips to speak but she did not let him be as she captured his lips.

 

Taeyeon closes his eyes slowly and gently responded to the kiss that started just small nibbles until it got passionate. Tiffany's arms are quick on his neck to have deeper access with his mouth. He unconsciously pushed her to the glass wall behind her and travel his kisses to her nose, cheek, and down to her neck that makes Tiffany moan in bliss. He found her lips back as they couldn't stop any longer. Tiffany's kisses are just out of this world. She always makes him really want to make love with her every time.

 

Pulling back from the intense kiss, they catch on their breath and smiles are apparent on their faces. 

 

  "I love you, Tiffany Young."

 

"I love you too, Im Taeyeon. You always know that."

 

With that said, they once again found their lips with one another. Taeyeon lifted Tiffany and carried her to the bedroom.

 

End of Flashback...

 

Sighing once again, Tiffany walked out of the comfort room completely and meet with Taecyeon who had been waiting for her.

 

"You're up in a while. Why don't you practice the song first?" Taecyeon suggested, handing the airpod to her.

 

"Thanks for coming, Taec." A small smile formed on Tiffany's lips as she complied. She thought of Taeyeon right away when she heard the instrumental of her own song that's called 'Runaway'. It's one of the three songs she wrote in just a month since they started dating.

 

-

 

"Why did you audition?" the PD asks her softly when she come up on stage. She's in the singer-songwriter category of the competition.

 

"Well, aside from winning the reward, I'm trying my luck to get one of my dreams since I was in High School come true. You know, I'm already in my 30's and I think only a few are competing in this category." Tiffany answered, flashing a friendly sweet smile. Amazingly, she doesn't feel nervous at all. She's rather excited to sing when she gets their signal.

 

The PD along with the other judges nodded and smile at her. It took a while before she noticed they're checking her through the monitors on their table.

 

"Um, what's going on?" It's her first time so she had no idea at all. Even though she is a staff manager, some things are out of her reach.

 

"We're checking on how is your image registers on the screens. And You look so good on it and... you're just really beautiful." The same PD wearing a baseball cap answers, smili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter