Ch 37

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

37 | The Weddings

 

***

 

Thirty minutes have passed, Yoong and Taeyeon realized their lovers have yet to return. And they also noticed Yul hasn't shown himself. 

 

"He should be here by now. There are thirty minutes left for the ceremony to start." Said Taeyeon, looking around the ballroom.

 

"My wife and your soon-to-be wife haven't returned as well. Is there something wrong?" Yoong could sense it.

 

"Appa, there's Omma." Seoyoung pointed at her mother when she spotted her. 

 

"She's not with Tiffany?" Taeyeon creased his eyebrows. 

 

"She probably left with Jessica." Yoong guessed.

 

"Fany is in the comfort room." Seohyun immediately told them noticing they were confused. She took her seat with her daughter.

 

"I see." Taeyeon nodded in understanding.

 

"But do you know why is Yul still not here?" Yoong asks softly his wife.

 

"He's stuck in the traffic."

 

"What?" Both brothers exclaimed.

 

"Why didn't he take a shortcut?" Taeyeon reacted a bit agitate.

 

"I don't know, Oppa. But he said he'll be here before the ceremony starts." Seohyun replied, confident the latter can make it.

 

"Well, the ceremony will delay if he's not here yet." Yoong shrugs his shoulders. 

 

"I'll find Fany." Getting up, Taeyeon casually leaves the Im-Seo family. He looks for her until she spotted her walking out of the female comfort room.

 

"Omo, what are you doing here?" ask Tiffany as she chuckles.

 

"I thought you really left beside the comfort room." explained Taeyeon fixing his fiance's hair gently.

 

"Chincha? You miss me that instant?" She giggles.

 

"Yes, so please come back right away." And he can't deny it. He knocks on her forehead playfully before taking her right hand and guiding them back inside the ballroom.

 

"Yul hasn't arrived, has he?"

 

"Not yet." 

 

Tiffany sighs heavily. "Jessica's concerned now after learning he's really stuck in the traffic."

 

"Did he say anything more about it?" ask Taeyeon as he raised his eyebrows.

 

"A coffee was thrown on his chest." shared Tiffany as she giggled. "Looks like fate is playing with him."

 

"Tsk, anything can happen indeed." He nodded and give her the way first in the ballroom before he follows her inside.

 

***

 

As soon as the bus stops, Yul hurriedly exited and instinctively runs on the way to the hotel. He had a couple of bumps from people and some even yelled at him, but he would apologize right away and continue his run until he stopped just as he reaches the crosswalk.

 

“Ugh, come on.” He whined and stomp his feet. He checks the time, only to realize, he has fifteen minutes left before the ceremony starts.

 

He keeps his patience at bay but his heart couldn’t stop beating nervously, thinking of disappointing the guests, his family, Jessica’s family, and greatly his wife-to-be.

 

“Andwae, andwae.” He shakes his head. “I will make it. Let’s not be anxious.” He told himself and look at the traffic lights, there were at least three minutes left before they can finally cross the road.

 

Despite the weather being cold, he felt sweat rolling down his face. He seriously couldn’t stop being anxious yet it didn't trigger his asthma for some reason. Maybe because he took his meds before leaving his apartment. 

 

The moment the traffic crosses the road sign lightens, he sprinted immediately across the road and continue his run. It’s like he’s on a marathon, he can’t stop running.

 

But with his mind determined to beat the clock, he wasn’t mindful of his surroundings that he unconsciously pushes someone to the side and he was grabbed by his arm.

 

“How dare you push my son.” A man taller and has big muscles stopped him—only to receive a punch, causing him to step back and fall to the ground.

 

“Ah.” Yul holds his cheek, feeling like he broke one of his teeth. “How dare you—" Looking up to the man, he widened his eyes when he charged toward him. He quickly lowered his head and covered himself with his arms. His eyes close tight but—

 

“Appa, No.” He heard the son’s voice. He didn’t feel anything so he slowly uncovered himself and finds the young teenage boy hugging his father.

 

The scene took him by surprise and suddenly he remembered something from his teenage years.

 

Flashback…

 

“He’s just a high schooler, Kwon Sul!” His mother covered him before his mad father could hit him. “Cut him some slack!”

 

“He’s freaking fifteen! He needs to know by now that he has to do well in school, or he won’t go to a prestigious University. If you tolerate him, he won’t ever do as we say.” Mr. Kwon fought back and he pushed his wife to the side. He raises his stick—ready to hit his son when Yul suddenly dropped to his knees and asks for his forgiveness.

 

“I’m so sorry, Appa. I promise on the next exam, I will ace them. I promise I won’t disappoint you anymore.” He said in between his whimpers. It’s not the first time he got mad over low grades and he blames himself for not studying well. It was his fault. “I promise.” He shouted firmly.

 

Mrs. Kwon hurriedly went to her son’s side and hug him.

 

“You better keep that promise.” Mr. Kwon lowered his stick and left them.

 

Yul dropped his head to his mother’s shoulders as he sobs harder while she was comforting her. Suddenly his asthma attacked, his mother quickly left to get his inhaler that brought him back to normal breathing.

 

"Thank you for always protecting me, Omma." He said as he hug his mother.

 

End of flashback…

 

“Mister, are you okay?” One of the passers-by asks in concern when she noticed Yul is trembling in fear.

 

“Yes?” But it was the way for him to return to reality. He noticed the man and his son earlier are no longer, which made him exhale so loud.

 

“Here, have some water.” The woman shares her bottle of water.

 

“T-thanks.” Yul didn’t hesitate and he took it. He drinks the water in a fast manner. “Thank you again.” And once he was done, he got up and continue his way to the hotel with a cut on his lip and a bruise on his cheek.

 

‘Why is this happening to me? On my special day?’ He really felt betrayed by the deity. But it only drives him to keep going whether he got some stains on his tuxedo or a bruise on his cheek. If he stops, it means he just gives up to be with someone who is his happiness.

 

As he got closer to the hotel, he suddenly couldn’t help and think of his struggle as a teenager. People who know him probably think he has a bright teenage memory—but no, he didn’t even enjoy being youth. Having strict parents just doesn’t allow him. He has to wake up early, go to school, listen to every teacher diligently, and study in the library after school. And then he will go home without anyone picking him up, unlike those of his age with the same wealth. He was envied throughout by his classmates.

 

Fortunately for him, when he graduated, his father gives him the freedom to choose whatever he wants to study, as long as it was in a known prestigious school in America. He chooses IT and business management because his computer teacher in high school praise his skills in the field, which resulted in him investing in Im Tech and drives Taeyeon to hire more programmers and help him grow it. He later become a Director as their partnership got better.

 

Panting, he finally reached the hotel. He checks his time and realizes he’s fifteen minutes late.

 

“No way.” He hurriedly runs to the ballroom and spotted the organizer at the entrance.

 

“Mr. Kwon, there you are. Omo, what happened—”

 

“It’s not yet starting?” He cut her off, desperately.

 

“We’re waiting for you of course. This won’t start without you. But since you’re here now, please stay, I will talk to the staff inside.” The female wedding organizer quickly left him in front of the entrance to the ballroom.

 

Yul nodded. He took a deep breath and slowly exhales. Looking down to his wardrobe, he wipes the stain off but it won’t budge. He sighs heavily and just forget about it.

 

“Hey, need help?” Taeyeon asked him softly when he noticed his displeasure.

 

“Oh, I thought you were inside, Tae.” He got surprised.

 

“You really need help.” Chuckled Taeyeon, taking off his suit jacket. “Let’s exchange.” And instructed.

 

“What? No!” Yul declined. “I’m fine.”

 

“And your blouse and tie. You can’t go inside there like that, idiot.”

 

“I know but—”

 

“No buts, do it now!” Taeyeon firmly said.

 

“Fine.” Doesn’t have a choice, Yul took his suit jacket off as well and handed it to him before he took his blouse off. “You seriously came to the rescue.” He is relieved which made him smile as he accepted his blouse and wear it.

 

“You’re my director who help me keep the company stable when it was about to go down. I mean, I remember, I was struggling managing the company after our parents died. It was so hard to get new investors yet you came and you didn't even hesitate to throw money on the company. And you even suggest new projects which succeded. Yoong and I were so happy when you invested in us… so… How am I going to ignore you in this kind of situation?” said Taeyeon as he helps him with his tie. “You’re one of the reasons why Im Tech is apparently on its success right now, you know. I will forever owe you for that.” He proudly says as he wears his stained clothes.

 

Yul doesn’t know what to say. But he is so happy to hear it from him. He rarely hears it from him but today, on his special day, he heard it. It means so much to him that he hugged him. “Thank you. I promise I will be your director for the rest of our lives.” He said and chuckle.

 

Taeyeon smiled in amusement. “I will look forward to that.” He said as he patted his shoulder before going inside the ballroom.

 

“Ready Mr. Kwon.”

 

“Yes.” He answered with a big confident smile.

 

-

 

As soon as the door opens, he composed himself and started walking the aisle while the orchestra plays in the background. Everyone is smiling to see him and he never fails to smile. But some began to notice his bruise, especially his friends, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yoong, and his parents. They're all surprised to see it. He just sheepishly smiles at them and finally reaches the pastor. He bowed and stands to the side as he waits for his bride.

 

When the lights turned off, a wedding song started playing through the orchestra on the side and a singer is singing. 

 

"This very moment, right here and now. Begins the journey of my dreams."

 

"On to forever, hand in hand. With the one who matters most to me."

 

The door opens and only one light was returned as it pointed to Jessica, who is holding her bouquet. Her pinky lips curved into a sweet smile as she began to walk in the aisle, attention was on the guests that's taking photos and recording her. But it wasn't long when she shifted it to the man from the distance. Her heart raced. The past few months they dated were enough to make her feel he was the one. He's the one she had been waiting for.

 

"I have tomorrow to look forward to. For God has given me you."

 

Yul is smiling back at her couldn't take his eyes off of her as if they're now connected. He unconsciously remembers the few months they dated. It didn't start well but days passes and they are now like inseparable.

 

"To have and to hold. To cherish and honor."

 

"To love and call my very own. To share all I am with. Body, heart and soul~"

 

Mr. and Mrs. Jung then joined their daughter and walk with her until they reach Yul. He holds hands with Jessica's parents as they tell him words he should always remember.

 

"Welcome to the family, Kwon Yul." Mr. Jung said and hug him briefly.

 

"Thank you, father." He smiled genuinely.

 

Jessica wipe the few tears that left her eyes, couldn't control it. She smiled sweetly as her parents hug her and then let guided her hand to Yul's.

 

"You're so lovely." said Yul as he smile charmingly.

 

"What happened to your face?" However, Jessica noticed the bruise. "Did you-"

 

"Um, let's not talk about this. Let's proceed." He reminded her, guiding her as they face the pastor.

 

Jessica didn't react anymore but can't help and glance at the bruise and the cut on his lips. 'I knew something happened.' She's concerned yet she decided to brush it off as she put her attention to the pastor, who began the ceremony.

 

***

 

After exchanging vows and rings, the pastor finally asked Yul to kiss his wife and everyone is teasing them.

 

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

 

"Kiss longer!" 

 

And more as the newlyweds couldn't stop smiling. Krystal is grimacing in her seat while every adult is acting childish.

 

After a while, Yul finally reaches for Jessica's veil and pushed it behind her head. He stepped forward and hold her face before slowly leaning into a sweet and gentle kiss. Both smiles against their lips. But as the guests demand to prolong it, they decided to give it to them as they kiss passionately, and clicks from everyone's phones can be heard as they take photos non-stop. 

 

Seoyoung quickly take her father's right hand and covered her eyes. Taeyeon noticed and smile in amusement at his niece.

 

-

 

"1, 2, 3!" Jessica shouted and throw the bouquet behind her, where most single women are there, ready to catch it.

 

Everyone's eyes are on the bouquet. But it ended with a certain girl at the back, which made everyone gasp. Especially Seohyun and Yoong who didn't expect to see their daughter there.

 

"Omma, Appa! I got the flowers!" Seoyoung grinned so wide, running to their table immediately.

 

"Yah, give it back to Jessica Unnie." Yoong doesn't like it and he tried to snatch it from his daughter.

 

"No." But Seoyoung avoided his reach, quickly moving to her Samchon's side.

 

"It's okay, Yoong. Seoyoung is our flower girl, either way." Jessica giggles. She approaches her and pinches her cheeks. "Congrats on getting it, Seoyoungie." she said earning a hug from the latter.

 

"Congrats on your wedding too, with Yul Samchon, Unnie." said Seoyoung with such a cute voice. They giggle at the same time.

 

Tiffany can't help and took a couple of photos of the two, smiling giddily as she imagines her own child being like Seoyoung. 'My princess would be as adorable as Seoyoung.' she thought, confident her unborn child is a girl.

 

Taeyeon noticed her and wondered what was going on.

 

-

 

While everyone was having their lunch in the same venue, Jessica suddenly felt like it was the chance to announce it.

 

"Where are you going?" ask Yul when she suddenly get up which stopped him from his meal.

 

"Just stay." She smiled meaningfully. She grabs the mic from their MC's table and returned to their table. "Everyone, may I have your attention please?" She loudly speak on the mic which brought everyone's attention to her. She smiled at them and made brief eye contact with Yul. "As you know, Yul gifted me a watch for our wedding today... and I'm here to also let you guys know my gift for him." she started, glancing at Tiffany and Seohyun. "Especially to my family and Kwon Family." she pause a second before she looked down at Yul, sitting next to her while she was standing. She took his hand and without unlocking their gazes, she revealed it loudly and proudly, "We're having a baby, Yul."

 

Yul's smile disappeared as his eyes widened. "B-baby... " and couldn't process well the information.

 

"I'm pregnant." Jessica confirmed with sweet smiles all over her face.

 

"No way?" Krystal gasped as her utensils dropped. There was a moment of silence until...

 

"Congrats on you both! Proud of you, son!" Mr. Kwon shouted to congratulate them, standing on his feet and clapping his hands first then everyone followed, congratulating them.

 

Yul scoffed as it finally sank into his head. "I'm... going to be... a father?"

 

"Yes." Jessica giggles.

 

Without warning, he got up and hug her. He got emotional and so as hers. They both are shedding tears while everyone's cheering on them.

 

"Wow, that's a double celebration." Taeyeon commented. He too was speechless as he watched Yul, proudly telling everyone he was going to be a father. For some reason, he is envious of him. He wanted to be a friend, soon too. He tilts his head to the right, to stare at Tiffany, who is as loud as everyone congratulating the newlyweds. He sighs and pouted cutely.

 

Seohyun across the table giggles secretly when she noticed the pout from her brother-in-law.

 

"Wae?" Yoong pokes him and leans into her shoulder.

 

"Nothing." She briefly kissed him on his lips and taps his cheek a few times.

 

"If we got married like that, I think I would be like Yul Hyung too." 

 

"Chincha?"

 

"But ours was really epic." He took it back right away, earning a scoff from Seohyun.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter