Ch 17

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 | Letter

 

 

***

 

 

While they're immense with their conversation after deciding to join their table, Yul received a call and he needs to excuse himself to answer the phone call.

 

"Chairman Cho." The man in the next line is the President of Vcall Group that he recently convinced to invest in their company during the Busan Summit.

 

[Yah, Director Kwon. I thought your chairman is interested in my company? Why did he cancel our appointment tonight? This is so disappointing, Director Kwon. I was so excited to even have a new friend.]

 

"Mr Chairman. Uh, I have no-" Yul wasn't able to continue his words when the call ended. "What the." He scoffs and tilts his head to see Taeyeon, brightly talking with the two ladies. 'Aish, he canceled the dinner with Mr. Cho, was it because of Tiffany?' He can't believe it and is upset to learn. The Vcall Group is one of the biggest companies in the country, it would have been a huge deal if they got their investment. 'I hope he didn't do this again.' And it angers him at the same time.

 

Sighing, he walks back to their table and smiles when Jessica smiled at him.

 

"Why did you order apple juice, by the way?" Jessica curiously asks Tiffany. 

 

"An apple a day, keeps the doctor away, right? And also, it's Yul's favorite." Tiffany mentioned and made brief eye contact with Yul as her attention shifted right away to the waiter bringing them drinks.

 

"Yeah, it is." Yul chuckled softly, a bit shy.

 

"So are we going to play some games?" Taeyeon reminded Yul mentioned about it before he left to get a phone call.

 

"Yeah sure." Yul took his phone out and everyone does as well. He opened an online game and invited everyone in. 

 

Jessica who isn't that good keeps checking on Yul's phone while the battle is going on. She and he are in the same against Tiffany and Taeyeon. "Aish." she hissed when she suddenly got stained by Taeyeon on the game without her attention.

 

Taeyeon stuck his tongue out and returned his focus on the game. He felt lucky that Tiffany is good at it. He doesn't need to teach her. 

 

When Yul stained Tiffany and Taeyeon's characters on the game, it was both Taeyeon and Tiffany who glared at him. "1-1." He smugly smiles and resumes the game.

 

Jessica who really can't keep up ends up losing her character more, feeling sorry for Yul while Taeyeon and Tiffany win more rounds and wins the entire game.

 

As a punishment, the loser has to buy them a box of bungeoppang.

 

-

 

Pouting and still won't leave the car, Jessica sighs loudly as she looks at Yul. "Mianhe." Still feeling sorry.

 

"It's okay. That only means we have to spend more time together to so you can master it." Said Yul chuckling, and he can't resist but pinch her cheeks. 

 

"I should've known Tiffany knows that online game." Jessica mumbles unbuckling her seat belt. 

 

"She's a pro." Yul said softly as he steps out of the car and went to open the door for the young nurse. 

 

Jessica took his hand as she steps out. She unconsciously hugs him on his neck and whispers, "Thanks for tonight, Yul. I had so much fun."

 

"Me too, Sica." Yul softly says as he rubs her back gently and he received a kiss on his cheeks that surprise him. "Is that a good night, kiss?" He teases.

 

Jessica nodded and giggles. "Drive safe." She reminded, tapping his cheek and walk to the gate.

 

"I'll see you again, tomorrow." 

 

"More chocolates?" 

 

Yul laughs and shakes his head. "It's not good to eat a lot of it." He reminded and was about to enter the car when he realized she hasn't entered the gate. "Go first, I'll watch you." He changes his mind and wants to watch her.

 

"No, you drive off first." Jessica declined however and gestures him at the same time. "Off you go."

 

"Aigoo, fine." Yul knows they will end up bickering if he continues it so he decided to be the first to go. But just as he the engine, he realized he left her umbrella. He once again steps out of the car to hand it to her. "You don't seem to have sharp memories." Teases her in the process.

 

"I was busy sulking." Jessica chuckled. "Thanks." As she took it.

 

Yul giggles. He turned but only to face her again to kiss her on the cheek as a response. "See you again, tomorrow." Brightly he said and finally left for his car.

 

Jessica smiled like a fool, touching her right cheek. But she has to wave at him when he rolled the window to wave his hand. "Be careful on the road."

 

"Yes. Thanks." Yul replied and finally drives off, lips curved into a giddy smile. He unconsciously sighs, feeling his heart so light. The night is sooo good for him besides learning Taeyeon has turned down a big investment.

 

Jessica had really been the sweetest, he loves it so much. And he is excited to more days with her. 

 

 

:::

 

 

Walking out of his bedroom, Taeyeon heads straight to the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. But he jumps in surprised when she saw Tiffany just walk in with disheveled hair.

 

"Yah, what are you doing?" He chuckled and pulled the chair from the dining table.

 

Tiffany took her seat across her and sighs so loud. "I can't sleep again, Tae. I was thinking of work too much." She cupped her face with both of her palms and pouted cutely.

 

"Wae? What's wrong?" Taeyeon got concerned and he pushes the bottle of water to her. 

 

"I received a call earlier, we're reshooting it from the start." Tiffany groaned afterward. "We're almost done. Aish, idiots." 

 

"Did something bad happens?" Taeyeon has some guesses in mind but he hopes it's not the case.

 

"Our Video Editor, his son deleted everything we have filmed accidentally. Aish, some kids can really be a pain in the**." Tiffany got frustrated and cursed loudly. She opened the bottle of water and drinks the water in a fast manner.

 

"No-no wonder your hair is a mess." Taeyeon giggles as he finds her adorable. But he felt sorry at the same time. "You should suggest having a backup file. You guys can't redo it once again."

 

"Already told him. Tsk." 

 

"Come here." Taeyeon gets up and approaches her, offering her a hug.

 

"I'm fine, Tae." Tiffany declined as she looks up at him.

 

"Come on." Taking her arm, Taeyeon pulled her up and then hugs her. "I know you can do it. Don't worry about it. It will be fine." He whispered in comfort, rubbing her back gently.

 

Tiffany sighs and returned the hug. "Thanks." His words just cheered her up causing a small smile to form her lips. She closes her eyes and enjoys the comforting hug. 

 

"Just take this as a challenge. You know, in some cases, you need to be challenged to be tested how far can you go." 

 

"Yeah. But it's frustrating."

 

"I feel you." Taeyeon whispered, pulling back gently to face the still sulking friend. "But we can't give up, can we? Otherwise, we're letting ourselves lose to something we know we can succeed." He added softly, sweetly smiling.

 

Tiffany hugs him again and rested her head on his shoulder. "Thank you for those words." She appreciates it so much as it just gives her strength eventually. And she's fluttering at the same time. 

 

"Why don't we sleep together?" Taeyeon suggested softly.

 

"In your bedroom?" Tiffany pulled back gently. The invitation is tempting and it got her excited.

 

"Where else?" Taeyeon wiggles his eyebrows playfully. "You might not really end up sleeping if you keep thinking of it.

 

-

 

Wearing both pajamas, Tiffany joined him to the bed and felt comfortable immediately as Taeyeon brought her into his arms, causing her heart to beat fast unusually. And slowly her cheeks are heating up. It's not the first time they're this close but it's the first time on his bed. 

 

" Close your eyes." Instructed Taeyeon softly.

 

Complying, Tiffany didn't say anything as she's busy hearing her heartbeats. She wanted to feel comfortable as much as possible as it's the main goal.

 

"And imagine that you're in a park. Listening to some music but can also hear the birds and the kids' noise in the background." Taeyeon added. Just in time, her phone started playing the soothing music, creating a relaxing ambiance in the room. He unconsciously closes his eyes as he also imagined being with Tiffany in the park. 

 

Slowly but surely, Tiffany doesn't mind being that close with Taeyeon as she gets even comfortable. Her lips curved into a sweet smile as she really feels like in a park. Her arm sneaks on his back as she returned the warmth. 

 

Moments later, both of them dozed off in each other's arms.

 

 

:::

 

 

Yoong woke up with a little headache but he was greeted by his daughter's pouting face. He immediately shot up. "Honey, good morning." And greeted her with a kiss on her forehead.

 

"Appa did not sleep in the bedroom?" Seoyoung innocently asks with still a sad face.

 

Yoong chuckled awkwardly. "I slept there. I... Just-just woke up early and decided to have another round of sleep after jogging." He lied. Last night, Seohyun did not allow him to sleep beside her, he ends up sleeping in the living room. She was cold towards him all day and night but of course, only if their daughter is not looking.

 

"Chincha?" Seoyoung can't believe it. "Why I didn't see you last night when I woke up in the middle of the night?" She is confused. 

 

Yoong picks his daughter to put her on his lap. "You probably woke up when I left to the toilet to have a pee. I sleep next to Omma, you just didn't notice." He pokes her nose and giggles. "Aigoo, stop that face."

 

"Okay." Seoyoung finally smiled and hugs her father. 

 

"Should we make breakfast now?"  Yoong rubs his daughter's back and kisses her head.

 

"Omma is now preparing it." Seoyoung said brightly.

 

"Oh, I don't need to then." Yoong got up with his daughter in his arms as he walks them to the kitchen, immediately can smell the pleasant smell from a coffee. "Good morning, Hon." He greeted brightly. He hopes her mood is now better than yesterday.

 

"Appa is now awake, Omma." Seoyoung informed as she was put on her own chair.

 

Seohyun's attention shifted to the two and smiled back brightly only as her attention went to the pan that instant.

 

'That was fake.' Yoong sighs audibly. He could only sip his coffee while waiting patiently for the food.

 

 

:::

 

2 weeks later-

 

It's another busy day in Im Tech. Everyone can't be stopped from what they're doing. Especially the IT team that's working on upgrading an old app and making their website a friendly user to everyone. But Yul who is supposed to be the busier finds himself in his office, sighing for the nth time after learning that the chairman has disappointed another company. To his knowledge, there are five companies now that called him and shared their sentiments. It's getting worse each day and the stock is dropping significantly. 

 

"Aish." Getting up from his executive chair, he walked out of his office and heads straight to the chairman's office which is just on the same floor. But he stopped midway when he heard nothing inside his office. He saw him earlier but it seems he steps out.

 

"The Chairman just left for a while, why don't you wait inside, Director Kwon." His secretary told him. He smiled and nodded his head before stepping inside. 

 

The office is still the same but he noticed the picture frame that was used to be one only is now two. Curious, he checks it and finds the new picture frame on his desk is a picture of him and Tiffany, on one of their dates. He scoffs and just takes his seat on the sofa. 

 

Suddenly his phone beeps and he casually checks a message from Jessica.

 

Sica: Tonight again! I'm free to beat you! 

 

"She's getting more confident." He chuckled in amusement as he replied to her in an instant with a big Okay. Jessica and he had been hanging out and going on dates and at the same time, he's teaching her to play online games. Sometimes Krystal joins them which is even funnier because the sisters talk trash a lot during a game. 

 

Putting his phone back in his pocket, he sighs once again as he checks the time. He had so many things to do but he is in the chairman's office to talk about the companies that are turning them down.

 

A couple of minutes later, he heard the door opens, quickly causing him to stand up.

 

"Hey, Yul." Taeyeon greeted brightly. "What's up?" As he went to his chair. 

 

Yul stands in front of his desk and cleared his throat to speak. "Are you aware of what's going on?"

 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon just calmly raises his eyebrows.

 

"There are a lot of companies that were disappointed by your decisions," said Yul not wanting to prolong it. "And it's affecting our stocks."

 

"They're backing out when I cancel appointments, what can I do?" Taeyeon replied simply. "And the stocks, it wasn't because we are losing big companies to invest us, it was because of the recent problem in our website. People-"

 

"Yah, it's not because of that." Yul argued as his voice raises. "I've seen the report and the losses of big investments are changing the people to buy stocks. They want to trust a company that won't distrust them. If you have seen comments on articles, they're saying the chairman is crazy, out his mind, not trustworthy for money... everything is negative." he ended it with a loud exhale.

 

Taeyeon finally understands what Yul is saying. He saw articles indeed especially those companies that are disappointed in him. "So what am I going to do? Release a statement? Call these companies..."

 

"Fix this. You need to gain back the public's trust. Think why they're disappointed with you." Yul firmly stated. He turned ready to leave when Taeyeon spoke again.

 

"You are saying... I am canceling too many appointments because of Tiffany?" Taeyeon figured it quick. He knew the reasons and he is not blind to it.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter