Ch 10

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 | By your side

 

 

***

 

 

Yul wakes up with a bad headache and a note on his nightstand which brought a soft chuckle in his mouth. He stood up and walk to the box nearby only to see it empty. He was planning to throw it since they broke up but couldn't because of the recent events that got him so busy and at the same time he is having second thoughts after regretting his past relationship.

 

He got his phone and thanked Jessica without hesitations. It was meant to be a dump, either way, he had no complaints. 

 

However, he unexpectedly receives Taeyeon's message rather than a reply from the young nurse.

 

Mr. Chairman: You up? Let's have breakfast at the same restaurant we usually hang out in.

 

"What's with the sudden invitation?" Yul felt strange but it brought a smile to his face. He shrugs off his headache and headed straight to his bathroom to freshen up.

 

*

 

Pulling over the car in front of the small restaurant, Yul can already see the chairman from the inside. He casually stepped out of the car and walked inside with his right hand in his pocket and is wearing sunglasses. "It's Sunday, what's up?" he pulled the chair across him and took a seat.

 

"Nothing, I just want to have breakfast with the Director of the IT department. Been a while." said Taeyeon, smiling and signaled the waiter to get their order. 

 

Yul chuckled and took his sunglass down. "Am I going to have a salary raise?" and playfully ask.

 

"If the app goes well. That's going to happen." Taeyeon reminded their new project for the public. He took the menu and started checking their breakfast menu. "What do you want to eat?"

 

"It's already trending since last night's launch." Yul said as a matter of fact. "The first one." he said handing the menu to the waiter with a friendly smile.

 

"Yeah, but the downloads aren't enough yet." Taeyeon replied and also got his order before he returned his attention to Yul. "We're at no. 20 after 8 hours of launch, not bad."

 

"It'll definitely climb in the next hours." Yul confidently said. "So better prepare my raise." a soft chuckle escapes his lips earning smiles from Taeyeon.

 

"How was last night by the way? I left without calling back to the event?" Taeyeon changes the topic casually as he took a sip of his glass of water.

 

"I got drunk. I don't know what happened until I woke up in my apartment. But Jowon will report to me tomorrow. He mentioned Yoong called him to take care of the rest of the event."

 

"Oh, Good to hear that. I want to return to the event place but I think Jowon handled it well."

 

"You and Tiffany, you guys are getting closer, eh?" Yul changed the topic casually. He wants to hear how did their night ended for unknown reasons.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "Not really. But she was happy all night. Glad to see that and also, you and Jessica?" He immediately changed it to him.

 

"She brought me home and left. That's all. I feel bad because I did not treat her well last night. I'm so stupid, aren't I?" Yul confessed, sighing afterward. "I should make it up with her later."

 

Taeyeon was about to react when their order came and he changed his mind. "Enjoy the food. It's my treat." He flashes a bright smile, as he casually has a bite of his food.

 

"Thanks." Said Yul, chuckling softly.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Ommaaaa!!!" Seoyoung's cute voice came from the outside entered as the four-year-old girl runs to her mother on the bed. "Omma! Omma! Omma!" She keeps calling her sleeping mother while tapping the mattress continuously. "Wake up, Omma! Wake up!" 

 

"Seoyoung." Mumbles Seohyun, slowly gaining consciousness from her deep slumber. She doesn't need an alarm clock when she has a little one to do it for her. "Wae?" She opened her eyes forcefully and was met by the one of a kind cute smiles that instantly melt her heart.

 

"Appa, he cooked dumplings." Seoyoung informed climbing the bed and put the tip of the dumpling to her mother's lips.

 

"Ugh." Seohyun took the dumpling and looked at it. "Is it too early, honey?"
 

"Appa cooked a lot!" Seoyoung giggles as she took the dumpling from her mother's hand and took a bite of it. "It's too tasty! Appa so good at cooking." Her eyes forming into a crescent moon as she smiles.

 

Slowly sitting up, Seohyun grabs her daughter's head gently and kissed her forehead. "No good morning, honey?" Sweetly she smiles.

 

"Good morning, Omma!" Seoyoung giggles and purse her lips upward, meeting her mother's lips against hers.
 

"Aigoo, too cute." Said Seohyun as she briefly caressed her daughter's face before getting off of the bed. "Come, let's count how much food Appa cooked for breakfast." She told her while walking to the door. She gives her the way as she let her go out first. 
 

Upon reaching the kitchen, Seohyun was met by a big breakfast. "You invited anyone?" She asks taking her seat at their dining table after putting Seoyoung into her chair. 
 

"Nope. It's for us." Yoong replied, brightly smiling as he took a seat across his wife.

 

"You kidding me? These are a lot! This is for five or more people!" Exclaimed Seohyun, not liking it.

 

"This isn't for breakfast only, it's for lunch also." Yoong explained himself.

 

"You're just being lazy, aren't you?" 

 

"Yeah, quiet." 

 

"Aish." Seohyun took her chopsticks but something came to her mind. "Aren't we going to the movie cinema later?" 

 

"Omma we are going out?" Seoyoung got excited when she heard it.

 

"Change my mind. Let's just watch in the living room. Mianhe." Yoong sheepishly replied as he can't stare at his wife.

 

Seohyun scoffs. "Like seriously?"

 

"I need to finish some work before tomorrow's office work. And I'm monitoring the downloads of our new app."

 

"So we are not going?" Seoyoung pouted sadly.

 

"Yes, Seoyoung-ah. Appa is sorry. But next time, we're really going. Maybe next Sunday?" Yoong grinned at his daughter earning a rolling of eyes from his wife. 

 

"Promise?" Seoyoung holds out her pinky finger to her father that instant.

 

"Appa promise." Yoong didn't think twice and seal his promise with his daughter's little thumb. The latter giggles and returned to her food.

 

"I can't believe you." Mumbles Seohyun, still disappointed but there's nothing she can complain about. His reasons are valid. "Thanks for the food anyway." She added earning a sweet smile from him. She glances at her daughter and the latter smiled at her too, causing her heart to flutter. She can't really stay upset and she hates it. "Ugh, why I love you both?"

 

Yoong giggles victoriously.

 

 

:::

 

 

Tiffany is having a little stress Sunday. After last night's events, she's stuck with unfinished work including finalizing the schedules of their idol groups especially the one having a comeback.

 

It's been 4 hours since she started working on her laptop not minding taking a break until her stomach grumbles. She checks the time just to realize it's past lunchtime already. Getting up, she picks up her phone from her desk and scrolls down contact numbers and stopped at a restaurant's number. Just before she can tap the call button, her phone changes to Taeyeon's contact ID flashing on the screen.

 

"Why is he calling?" She wonders as a bright smile plastered on her face instantly. "Wae?" As she casually answers.

 

[You home?]

 

"Yes, it's Sunday but I'm working." She tiredly responded.

 

[Chincha? I thought I can invite you for a movie date.] replied Taeyeon with a disappointing sigh.

 

"I'm sorry, Tae-tae. Maybe next time." She mumbles.

 

[How about I bring you the cinema in your apartment?] Suggested Taeyeon excitedly.

 

"Don't think that's a good idea. I have to finish this work before tomorrow comes. You know I'm starting to work in your company." Tiffany reminded. She's tempted to accept the offer but she can't risk her work. "Hmm, how about I call you once I'm done?" However, she don't want to turn him down.

 

[That's a great idea! I'll wait for your call then.] Taeyeon ended the call that instant.

 

"He's adorable." says Tiffany as she giggles. She finally called the restaurant and ordered food for her hungry stomach.

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon instantly shifted to the claw machine in front of him and stretches his arms and fingers before he lowered himself as he resumes catching the stuffed toy. It had been 2 hours since he decided to drive to the same store he and Tiffany stopped by last night to play the game. However, he has yet to catch one. His patience is still there as he keeps going for the sake of giving his crush her stuffed toy. The thought of just buying doesn't sound good to him. He wants to make an effort for it.

 

-

 

"Yo!" Tiffany answered Seohyun's phonecall without looking away from her desktop monitor. She casually reached for the pizza on the desk and took a bite while talking with her friend.

 

[You are at home?]

 

"Yes. Wae?"

 

[Didn't you promised to visit me?]

 

Tiffany knocks her forehead for forgetting it. "Indeed. I'm sorry. Maybe when I'm free."

 

[You're working on Sunday?] Seohyun reacted in disbelief.

 

"I have unfinished work out here." Sighs Tiffany. A bit tired already.

 

[Tsk, just like my husband. We were supposed to go to the cinema right now but he forgot some work to finished.]

 

"Oh, just like how Taeyeon invited me." Tiffany finds it funny and brought a big smile to her face.

 

[Chincha? The brothers have the same in mind eh?] Seohyun giggles on the next line.

 

"That's not a surprise anymore." Tiffany giggles too. "Where are you though, can hear some noise in the background."

 

[At the park. Giving Seoyoung her playtime since the father did not do his promise.]

 

"Oh, no wonder. So it's fine for you to go out now?"

 

[It's just in the neighborhood. Nothing to worry. The only thing to worry about is the paparazzi catching me in my pajamas only.]

 

"Silly." Chuckled Tiffany. "You shouldn't have gone out there."

 

[Nah, I'm lazy to change. So you turned Taeyeon's invitation down?]

 

"Not... Exactly."

 

[What do you mean?]

 

"He will bring the cinema to my apartment once I called him. That's if I finished this early though. It's almost sunset."

 

[Heol, don't you ever turn him down.]

 

"We'll see." Said Tiffany as she took another big bite of her pizza. Suddenly she heard a loud weird noise from the outside, causing her to get up. "Hold on." and walk to her balcony. She gasps to see smoke is coming out from the next floor. And she heard squeals and broken glasses.

 

[What's happening?]

 

"I-I think... Omo." She hurriedly returned inside and close the sliding door. "There's a fire just above my apartment." she told Seohyun and walk around the room, doesn't know what to do first. The emergency siren that's now filling up the entire building got her more panic. "Wha-what should I do?" 

 

[Yah, yah, grab what's important there and get out there now!] Seohyun yelled on the next line.

 

Ending the call, Tiffany hurriedly closes her laptop and opens her drawing to get her car key and rushed to the closet to get few clothes, bringing them inside her bag and took her pairs of shoes also. She then grabs her purse on top of the nightstand and grabs her laptop before she exited her bedroom only to be met by smoke. She exited her apartment in no time and almost outbalance when someone bumps into her as she runs so fast to the lift. However, she didn't manage to enter. She can see most people are now using the emergency exit stairs which she had no choice and go with the others.

 

Her phone rings on her pocket and hastily answered. 

 

[Seohyun called me, I'm coming there.] Taeyeon told her the moment she picked up.

 

"I'm coming down through emergency stairs. Meet me on the ground floor." She replied, breathlessly. "Ah!" she got pushed from behind, dropping her phone but before she can pick it up, she was pushed again, causing her to drop on the floor, sitting. "Ugh..." she winced in pain, holding her knee. She decided to stay in the corner as she lets people have the way. Her phone is no longer on sight but at least she has her important stuff with her.

 

Moments later when she realized there are only a few left, she gets up once again and continues walking down the stairs. When she reached the fourth floor, she decided to come out and was glad to see an empty lift as she hastily entered and pressed the ground floor.

 

Pressing her back against the wall behind, she takes her time to catch her breath while sweats are running down her face.

 

"What just happened?" She is in disbelief. Moments ago she was just having her snack while talking to her friend now she seems homeless. "But at least I still have my work." a bitter smile formed on her lips staring at her laptop in her arms.

 

-

 

Upon reaching the ground floor, she was surprised to see people rushing to their cars with their stuff and most of them are coming from the other lifts. She looks for her car but she found Taeyeon first. 

"You alright? I lost contact with you, what happened?" Ask Taeyeon as he meets with her. He immediately checks on her body and only found a bruise on her right knee. "Did you fell?" Got him worried that instant.

 

"Yes. Someone push me." Informed Tiffany as she weakly smiled. "I'm glad you are here." She can't control it anymore and let her tears drop as she hugs him. "I was so scared." And cried silently on his shoulders. "I thought I won't able to make it out." Came her voice between her sniffles.

Returning the hug, Taeyeon rubs her back in comfort. "Shshsh... You're safe now." He is glad she wasn't really that hurt but it breaks his heart listening to her cries. He can only keep her in his arms, not planning to let go anytime. 

 

 

:::

 

 

"Nurse Jung, you're finally back!"

 

Jessica was greeted by her colleagues with big smiles and food on the table. "What's the occasion?" that definitely did not miss to surprise her.

 

"Your boyfriend stopped by and give us these. Oh, he actually left a note." One of the younger nurses handed her a paper.

 

"Boyfriend? I don't have one." chuckled Jessica as she accepted the note.

 

"He isn't? He's too generous to give us food, he isn't?" They got confused while munching on their food.

 

"Then who is he to you?" One of the guy nurses asks curiously.

 

I'm just outside, waiting.

- Yul

 

"Aish." Instead of answering them, Jessica didn't waste time and she runs all the way to the lift and quickly pressed the first floor. "What is he doing here?" she wonders. "How can he tell my colleagues he's my boyfriend, tsk." 

 

It wasn't long enough and she reached the first floor. She looked for him and found him facing a poster. "Yah, Yul Kwon! What are you doing?" She didn't even greet him and hit his arm.

 

Yul turned and smile charmingly. "Hey."

 

"What?! That's what you are going to say only? Why did you tell my colleagues you're my boyfriend?" asks Jessica as she sends him glares.

 

"I did not. Who told you I am your boyfriend. They probably just think of it."

 

"Okay, so what are you doing here?" 

 

Yul laughs and steps closer to the blonde nurse. "I'm here to apologize." He casually revealed the bouquet that he had been holding and smile sweetly. "I know I stressed you out last night which I did not intentionally do. But I know you understand so please forgive me. I won't do that anymore." he softly says, hoping she will forgive him right away.

 

Jessica scoffs and snatched the flo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter