Ch 35

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

35 | Danger

 

***

 

"And why is Appa not answering?" Seohyun canceled her phone for the third time while driving the car carefully. 

 

"Appa must be busy?" Seoyoung guessed before slurping on her banana milk. And resumed singing the children's song playing on the radio.

 

"Tsk, he isn't busy, sweetheart. He is just there to have a final interview." said Seohyun and suddenly noticed a white car from the side view mirror, going fast. "Omo, what is this driver doing? The speed limit is just-" She wasn't able to continue her words when it passes at them full speed. "What the. Someone should report that car." She took her phone back but only to put it aside when police cars passes at them too. "Okay, so someone has already called."

 

"What is it Omma?" Seoyoung noticed the police cars as well and got curious.

 

"Someone broke the speed limit honey." She answered with a sweet smile. "There's nothing to worry." She keeps her drive careful while she's focused on the road.

 

It wasn't long enough and they reach Im Tech's building. She pulled the car in front of their entrance but a guard is suddenly signaling her to go straight to their ground park. "Eh? What's going on?" She used to come out from the entrance and staff will only drive their car in the parking lot. 

 

Slowly driving the car, she rolled down the windows and ask the guard. "What's going on? Why can't we get out from here?"

 

"An emergency was called, Ms. Seo. I suggest you go straight there and present your ID to our security there." The guard explains.

 

"Emergency? What kind of emergency?"

 

"It's better you get it from your husband." The guard bowed and give her the signal to keep going.

 

Rolling the window car down, She proceeds to the ground park. She doesn't know why but she felt nervous. Especially since Yoong hasn't returned her calls. "Whatever is going on?" Her heart is beating fast as she drives into the park and presents her ID to the security. 

 

"Why are they outside, Omma?" Seoyoung got curious when she realized there is a lot of security at the ground park entrance rather than the last time they went.

 

"I know right?" Seohyun got even more nervous especially since they all are holding guns.

 

"And they're holding-"

 

"Yeah, don't be scared, Omma is here." She can see her daughter's hold over her drink is shaking. She's scared just like her at the moment as she looks for available space. She found one near the company's lift and carefully parked.

 

Unlocking her seat belt, she hurriedly stepped out of the car and runs to Seoyoung's side at the car seat. She helps her step out of the car before heading to the lift.

 

"What the? Why is it not working?" But when she pressed the button, it won't open. "Aish."

 

"Omma, wae?" Asked Seoyoung while looking up at her.

 

"It looked like they're not allowing any access from the outside. Let me call Appa, okay?" She took her phone out and called her husband. But for a record, he won't answer. It will only shift to a voicemail. "Ugh, what's wrong with him?"

 

"Appa still not answering?"

 

"Yes. Come on, let's just use the stairs." Said Seohyun as she took her daughter's hand back and opened the door to the emergency stairs. They casually climbed the stairs and meet the first door on the first floor. But as they tried to open it, it was locked. "What the? Even the doors?"

 

Suddenly they're hearing faint gunshots from the ground park, startling them.

 

"Omma what's going on?" Seoyoung shudders as she tightens her hold on her mother's hand.

 

"We need to keep going." Picking up her daughter and holding her in her arms, they climb to the next floor. "YAH! Open the door!" She bangs the door when they meet another locked door. "Someone is here!" She shouted. But it's no use. "Taeyeon Oppa." And thought of her brother-in-law immediately. She put Seoyoung down and called his number.

 

***

 

While Taeyeon and Yoong are focused on the current situation in the ground park through the computer screen, Tiffany noticed Taeyeon's phone is vibrating on the coffee table. She picked it up and widened her eyes to read Seohyun's name on the screen. She was reminded by her last message about visiting the company which made her step out of the office and answers her call. 

 

"Joohyun. You didn't come to the company, did you? I mean, it was on the news."

 

[What are you talking about? We're at the emergency stairs in Im Tech, please open the door.]

 

"What?" She gasped. "How did you-"

 

[Hurry! We're on the second floor!]

 

"Aish." She hastily returned to the office but as she opens the door, she heard gunshots from the speaker. She instinctively runs to the emergency door. And just realized they're on the tenth floor. She needed to come down there in order to save her. But no one's going to do it besides her. She continues her way downstairs while ringing back Seohyun's number. "Don't leave, I'm coming there."

 

[What? Where are you?]

 

"Im Tech is currently on lockdown. Dongwook is at the ground park, exchanging fire with our security team and the police."

 

[What the? I thought he's gone to jail?]

 

[Omma, the gunshots are getting louder!]

 

Tiffany stopped from her run when she heard Seoyoung's voice. "Seoyoung is with you?"

 

[Yes, I promised her to see her Samchon. Let's meet on the fourth floor.] The call ended. 

 

She hurriedly continued her way downstairs, gasping for air while beads of sweat are rolling down her forehead. Her heartbeats are going erratic thinking of the Seoyoung.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun and Seoyoung have reached the fourth door and they tried to open it when it still won't budge. 

 

"Omma, I'm tired." Seoyoung complained, sitting on the floor with a pout.

 

"I'm sorry, Honey." Seohyun felt so bad for her daughter. She lowered herself and wipe those sweats on her forehead and neck with her handkerchief. She pulled her for a hug and caressed her back gently. She can feel her entire body shaking. She can't help and shed some tears. She blames herself for not knowing the current situation. Her daughter wouldn't have experienced this fear. But she will protect her no matter what.

 

With gunshots heard louder from downstairs, Seoyoung hug her tighter and she began to cry silently on her chest. 

 

'He's in the emergency stairs now.' She can feel it. 

 

"Let's continue, Seoyoung-ah." She decided to pick her up and hold her arms as they resumed climbing the stairs on the next floor. 

 

Dongwook who has reached the third door fired again at the men coming after him and grabs the chance to continue to the fourth and the fifth. Just to meet a young girl with her mom. Sitting on one of the floors. They look tired and scared when they saw him but he doesn't mind and continued his way upstairs but changed his mind. He returned and pointed the gun at the mother.

 

"Oh, please no." Seohyun close her eyes tight while Seoyoung was crying on her neck. "Please, just leave us alone." she keeps her daughter's head close to her, so she won't see the gun.

 

"Get up and-"

 

"Dongwook!" Tiffany's voice was heard from upstairs, causing them to look up.

 

"Oh wow, what a pleasant surprise." Dongwook laughs without putting the gun down. 

 

"Leave them! They don't have anything to do with this."  Requested Tiffany as she comes down and meet with them while catching on her breath. "You're coming after the Im brothers, aren't you? Then leave them out from this." She furiously yelled.

 

Dongwook looked down at the unknown woman and back to Tiffany. "Do you know them?"

 

'So he doesn't know Seohyun.' Tiffany is glad yet they're still not safe. "Nope. So, please. If you don't want-"

 

"Dongwook-ssi put the gun down." Sohee announced while pointing her gun to Dongwook as she stopped from taking a step.

 

Pulling the trigger towards her, Dongwook hastily runs to Tiffany and grabs her by her arm. He shoot towards Sohee again as he drags her to the seventh and eight floor.

 

"You guys okay?" Sohee quickly checks on Seohyun.

 

"Yes." Seohyun nodded. She was a bit deaf by the gunshots and she knows her daughter too, since her cries, stopped yet still trembling. "Please save my friend." She begs breathlessly.

 

Nodding, Sohee continued to chase Dongwook as police followed her lead. 

 

Tiffany and Dongwook reached the tenth door in no time.

 

"Aish." But it was still locked. "Where the are they?" He shouted. "Call them or I will shoot you." And threatened as he pointed the gun at her head.

 

Tiffany reluctantly took Taeyeon's phone into her pocket but it rings before she can even call Yoong. Dongwook snatched it quickly which startled her.

 

[Noona, where are you?! Seohyun I think she's-]

 

"Hello there, Yoong-ssi. Open the God damn door at the 10th floor emergency door if you don't ing want me to shoot Fany's head!" He threatened furiously. 

 

[Yah! Let her go!] Taeyeon shouted.

 

"Then come down here, Idiot! Ah!"

 

Sohee shoots when she found Dongwook's body and she hits his arm. 

 

"Aish." But only angers him. Dongwook quickly fired back twice, only to lose his bullets. He quickly grab Tiffany when she attempted to escape and drag her upstairs. 

 

Sohee and the rest of the police continue their chase. 

 

***

 

"We need to think of a plan, Hyung. I know Dongwook won't hurt her because he's only after us. We can't rush there right away and provoke him further." Yoong stopped his brother when he attempted to open the door.

 

"He already hurt her a month ago, don't be ridiculous! Seohyun just called and wants your help right now!" Taeyeon hissed and push his brother to the side.

 

"Let them reach the rooftop." Yoong shouted that stop his brother. "Let's wait there. I know Seohyun won't agree with me if I come down there." As much as he wanted to go down to bring his family to a safe place, he wants to help the situation first. And for sure, Seohyun will agree with him.

 

Turning his body to face his brother, Taeyeon thought for a while then started hearing gunshots downstairs. He instinctively returned and lock the door. "You better come down thereafter we reach the rooftop." He said and signal the security to turn the lift on their floor. They entered immediately once it opened and pressed the rooftop. 

 

"He can't go anywhere if we trap him there." Yoong muttered.

 

They reach the floor in an instant but Taeyeon pushes his brother back inside and quickly closes the door. "I got this. Go to your family." He said before it close completely.

 

"Aish." Yoong kicked the door furiously.

 

-

 

Realizing all the doors will lead to the rooftop, Dongwook just keeps dragging Tiffany with him until the latter got tired and she started struggling with his grip. He let go of her but only to try to hit her but she crouched down that he stumbled. 

 

"I'm ing tired! Just turn yourself in, idiot!" yelled Tiffany in between her heavy breathing. "Leave me out here!"

 

Dongwook heard the police's faint voices again which cause him to just leave her and continue upstairs. His legs are exhausted which weakens his pace but he keeps it going for the next thirty minutes until he reaches the rooftop. He didn't expect to see Taeyeon there, glaring at him.

 

"I'm glad you're here." He said under his breath.

 

Taeyeon rushed and kick him on his stomach, which cause him to grunt but he quickly throws a punch that he dodge. "Aish." He tried another one when he dodge it expertly and got hit on his face with another kick. He steps back a couple of times, staring at Taeyeon in disbelief. 'He moves like a pro fighter.' He didn't expect it. But a smirk formed on his lips as he reminds himself about the judo he learned in college. 

 

Taeyeon slightly widened his eyes when Dongwook change his stance. 'He knows judo.' While he knows taekwondo. 

 

"Looks like you know taekwondo too well." Dongwook scoffed before he dashed forward and avoided Taeyeon's kick as he lowered himself and grabs his shirt to throw him back.

 

Taeyeon groaned when his back meet the floor hard. But before he can pull himself up, Dongwook is coming to attack. He immediately rolled to the side and grabs his shoulders to stop when he quickly came after him. Dongwook got his shoulders as well, trying to lift him up but he is fighting back with it.

 

 Both of them are looking at each other's eyes with death glares.

 

Dongwook gather his strength and was able to lift him up and throw him back again. He saw Taeyeon getting up immediately, he rushed and throw him a kick only to hit the ground again. But quickly dodge his attack left and right and tried to fight back but he is dodging too. 

 

They keep attacking and dodging each other for the next couple of minutes until Taeyeon caught him by his stomach and was thrown a little, near the railing. 

 

When a warning gunshot was heard, Dongwook got distracted. Taeyeon grabs the chance and he runs forward, but Dongwook got up which change his plan. He dodge his kick and quickly grab his leg and throw him off. 

 

"Stop." Sohee warned as he pointed the gun at Dongwook before he could pull himself up. But instead of giving up, he runs to Taeyeon. "He shoot him on the leg but he was coming fast missed it.

 

Taeyeon widened his eyes as he decided to avoid him and Dongwook couldn't stop when he saw the edge. 

 

"NOOOO!" Sohee shouted quickly rushing to attempt to hold him but it was too, Dongwook is falling from the rooftop. 

 

Rushing to the railings, Taeyeon can't believe he is watching together with the police until he hits the ground, with his head coming first. 

 

Everyone is shocked and speechless.

 

Helicopters from the media and police couldn't zoom in on his body when they realized it was a graphic image for the public to see.

 

***

 

Yul hastily turned off the tv screen when he saw the door open and Jessica came in with her sister. He smiled at them brightly as he pulled the comforter on her bed down.

 

"I thought you were watching TV?" asks Jessica innocently as she takes her seat on her bed. 

 

"Yes, but the show was done." He explained. After seeing the blur images of Dongwook's lifeless body, he quickly turned it off, doesn't want the others to see it. 

 

"Chincha? What show it was? We saw some patients watching a live broadcast of Dongwook and Taeyeon on the rooftop. You didn't see it?" Jessica asked him again as she creased her eyebrows.

 

"Was that the reason it took you guys too long to return?" He chuckled. His lies weren't useful to hear from his fiancee.

 

Krystal nodded. "We were like watching a thriller movie."

 

"Yeah, and patients are totally rooting for Taeyeon." Jessica giggles. "And glad it ended now." She exhales in relief.

 

"I know right?" Yul takes his seat back next to her. "He should be regretting now for escaping from the jail."

 

"By the way, the doctor has changed the date. I'm going out tomorrow." said Jessica happily. 

 

"Omo, Chincha? That's great news!" Yul cried out happily. "We can only wait until tomorrow." He took her hand and give it a kiss.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter