Chapter 2

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several months later, Dara still did not get to debut with the latest girl group from their company and she is starting to lose hope. She went out with her friend JeA at a bar that their friend owned. They usually stay for hours so they ended up getting drunk most of the time. She can usually hold her liquor but with her current mood, it was easier for her to get tipsy. She heard an upbeat song being played and she stood up and started dancing. JeA was laughing at her friend when Seven, Jongwoon, & Donghae arrived to sit in the next table. 

 

Seven: Hi guys, how long have been here? (Amused at Dara who seemed to be in a world of her own, dancing with her eyes closed)

 

JeA: A while...can’t you tell? (Gesturing towards Dara who was still dancing)

 

Dara opened her eyes and was surprised that there were four sets of eyes staring at her. 

 

Dara: Oh, hi guys...I’m sorry I just love this song...(she sat down suddenly feeling embarrassed)

 

Donghae: I’m glad you like it (smiling at Dara)

 

Dara: (Looking at the guy smiling at her, whom she realized was familiar but she couldn’t remember where she saw him) Uhmm, hi I’m Dara.

 

Donghae: I’m Donghae, that was my song by the way

 

Dara: Your song? Like your jam?

 

Donghae: I wrote the song

 

Dara: Oh okay, I really like it. 

 

Donghae: Thanks

 

Dara realized that this was the same Donghae her sister was gushing about. There was a lull in the conversation while the other people in the group were just observing the two of them. Jongwoon broke the silence...

 

Jongwoon: Okay...so now that you’ve introduced yourselves why don’t we just move to a bigger table and sit together.

 

When they moved to a bigger table, Donghae sat across Dara. 

 

Donghae: (Just realizing what Jongwoon meant by him being blind to not have noticed her) We actually could have been acquainted before if we got to meet during that shoot

 

Dara: Oh, yeah I saw you, but didn’t get the chance to introduce myself

 

Donghae: Missed opportunity...

 

Seven, Jongwoon, and JeA were just observing the two with interest. They didn’t plan for the two to meet. In fact Donghae was not even supposed to be there, but for some reason he was suddenly free and Jongwoon was able to bring him along. 

 

As the night went on, Dara realized her mood getting better and she seemed to have recovered from being tipsy. When they were about to go home Dara found out they lived near each other. Donghae offered to bring her home. Dara hesitated and waited for JeA to intervene but all three of their friends just seemed to agree that Donghae should bring her home so they got in the car and drove off.

 

Dara: Thank you for taking me home.

 

Donghae: No worries. They all live in the opposite direction and they’ll be taking a cab since they had alcohol. It made sense that I should take you home.

 

Dara: So you don’t drink? Ever?

 

Donghae: I’ve  tried a couple of times but it’s really not my thing

 

Dara: I see...

 

Donghae: Not that I have anything against it. I mean my girlfriend loves wine so...

 

Dara: Oh, right...(suddenly realizing he was taken)

 

They were quiet the rest of their way home. 

 

Dara: You can drop me off at that entrance right there

 

Donghae: Is there a place to park?

 

Dara: Uhm, I can get off real quick...

 

Donghae: No, I’d rather drop you off at the door, it’s past midnight.

 

Dara: Okay thanks. I really appreciate it

 

They walked from the parking lot and Donghae waited for her to get inside the building before he left.

 

The next day, Dara woke up to the alarm and a splitting headache. She turned off the alarm and took a shower. While putting on clothes, her phone beeped, it was a message from JeA asking her to call as soon as possible.

 

Dara was in a hurry to get to her practice so she planned to call JeA later. When she got to their agency’s building, Dara saw their manager in the hallway. She was told that the CEO was looking for her and wanted her in his office as soon as she gets there. Dara got nervous, she hopes it’s good news, or maybe it’s something bad. She knocked on the door to the office before she was told to come in.

 

Agency CEO: Dara, you know that we have been working with you for several years because we can see that you really are determined, however, since you are past the usual age to debut, I would like you to consider acting. There is a new project that we could put you in as second lead. I strongly urge you to consider.

 

Dara: Ok, if that’s what you suggest, I’ll trust your advice. I’ll do my best. 

 

Agency CEO: Good, we’ll let you know when it’s finalized

 

Dara: Yes, sir. Will that be all?

 

Agency CEO: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got a call earlier from the CEO of AB Entertainment. Are you aware that Donghae & his girlfriend are from the same agency? 

 

Dara: I have not met the girlfriend but I’ve met Donghae

 

Agency CEO: He told me that someone saw you with Donghae and that there might be a sca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter