Chapter 13

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They got there almost close to dusk. It was a small cabin in the middle of a field on a bluff overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful. 

Dara: Wow, yeah, I can see why this is his retreat. 

Ji Eun: I know right? Isn't it nice? I'll wait for you here in the car. Go and talk to him.

Dara knocked and it was opened by a guy she's never met before.  

Dara: Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to barge in on you, I thought this was the right address.

Donghae: Dara? (he thought he was just imagining her voice) How did you get here? Who told you about this place?

Dara: I'm so sorry I was worried about you so I tried to ask everyone and Ji Eun had an idea where you might be so she brought me here

Jay: Ji Eun is here?

Donghae: This is my friend Jay. Jay, this Dara. Would you and Ji Eun like to come in?

Dara: She said she will wait in the car, I needed to talk to you.

Jay: I'll leave you two then. I'll be outside.

Donghae didn't know why she would take great lengths to look for him. He disappeared on Joori a couple of times before and she didn't even bother to ask him where he went when he got back. Maybe because she knew where I was all along, he thought to himself. Joori probably knew his whereabouts at all times she no longer needed to ask. 

Donghae: Dara what brings you here?

Dara: (Taking a deep breath) I want to know why you avoided me after the shoot. We can't continue to work together if we're this awkward.

Donghae: Oh, so it's about work

Dara: Is there any other reason?

Donghae: Would you like it if there was another reason?

Dara: We're talking in circles. What's bothering you Donghae?

Donghae: You.

Dara: (stumped, was that what you wanted to hear,  Dara? Is that what you drove two hours for?) Why?

Donghae: I don't want hurt you.

Dara: Why would you hurt me?

Donghae: I don't want you think that my feelings for you are not real. I don't want you to think you're just a shoulder to cry on. I want to be in a relationship with you but..

Dara: Then what's stopping you?!

It was Donghae's turn to be stumped.

Donghae: What do you mean?

Dara: You'll only hurt me if you leave. If you really mean what you said, then I don't understand why we have to spend our time evading the real reason why we're in this situation

Donghae: I'm crazy about you Dara. I've been tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter