Chapter 15

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was outside Dara's apartment complex wondering if he could gather up the courage to talk to her. It did make sense that he should tell her before the news came out because after would make his explanation less sincere. He has been there close to 6 hours and he still couldn't get to bring himself to go. He heard his phone ring and it was JeA. 

JeA: What are you doing outside?

Donghae: Huh? Where are you?

JeA: I'm at work but Dara called me to tell you to go home.

Donghae: Wait, she saw me?

JeA: Yeah, she went out to get groceries and when she went back she saw you in the parking lot, that was hours ago Donghae, what are you doing there?

Donghae: Why can't she tell me herself?

JeA: Are you really that clueless? Dara was hurt by what happened Donghae. How could you just go back to Joori after what you've shown her, why did you have to lead her on?

Donghae: I didn't JeA, my hands were tied. Can you help me please? Can you tell her I just need to talk to her?

JeA: Are your hands tied right now? Have you even tried to call her?

Donghae stopped. He didn't realize that because of his fear he has not even tried to call or text Dara. Donghae finally called Dara and waited for her to pick up after several rings. 

Dara: Go home Donghae. The apartment security might flag you as someone suspicious. You've been sitting there for hours now.

Donghae: Dara, I need to talk to you

Dara: You don't need to explain, there's nothing between us

Donghae: Dara please, I just want to explain myself and after you've heard my side of the story, I'll leave

Dara: (Pausing for a whole minute) I'll meet you downstairs.

Dara went to meet Donghae, they stayed in the car to talk. 

Donghae: First, I want to apologize for not reaching out to you and not letting you know about where I was.

Dara: Everyone knew where you were, it was in the news

Donghae: That's what I meant Dara, I should have told you but I let my contract get in the way.

Dara: Told me what? What contract?

Donghae: I can't tell you the entire story but please believe me, I no longer have anything to do with Joori.

Dara: They why Donghae? How can I believe you when the evidence is showing me otherwise?

Donghae: I can't do anything about that, the articles are made to make it look like we are still together but you know we're not. Where would I get the time to talk to her or see her, when I was with you the whole time? I don't expect you trust whatever I say but please think about the past months we've been together. Do you really feel I was just pretending?

Dara: I don't know anymore...

Donghae: I will have to admit, there were times that I tend to compare you to Joori, but that only made me realize how much I love you. Dara, if you were ever to compare me to your ex-boyfriend, please don't think I am going to do the same thing to you.  

Dara: But you already did (then Dara couldn't help her tears from falling)

Donghae wanted so much to comfort her but he was afraid she mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter