Chapter 3

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next month, Dara went to the script reading for the drama their CEO offered. She was to play the part of the older sister of the lead character and it turns out her character is not so nice. She got worried that she might be type casted for that kind of role. She enjoyed the script reading though, everyone was friendly especially the lead actress, Ji-Eun, whom she became fast friends with. Filming will start in a few weeks, she might as well do something productive with her time, her chance of debuting as an idol seemed to be getting dim. 

 

Donghae, on the other hand, got more offers to produce songs than dramas. The offer for roles are far and few between. He understood why that's the case. It is hard to pair him up for rom coms because everyone knows he is dating someone, and he is not ready to play more mature roles. It's a shame because he kind of likes acting, but it's still second to writing songs. What he needs right now is inspiration. How can you get inspired when all you end up doing in your relationship is argue and fight? Donghae heard his phone ring and saw it was Joori. Speaking of the...

 

Joori: Where are you? Why did it take several rings for you to answer?

 

Donghae: I can't just be staring at my phone waiting for you to call Joori. I have other things to do too.

 

Joori: You used to though, what changed?

 

Donghae: (Sighing) I guess being busy with a lot of things could be a factor.

 

Joori: Speaking of busy, I heard you were getting the MC job, congratulations! 

 

Donghae: I have not said yes to it yet

 

Joori: Well, why wouldn't you? 

 

Donghae: It is way out of my comfort zone.

 

Joori: So? You weren't comfortable with acting before and yet you started to like it so this might just be another opportunity and learning experience for you. Besides I want you to stay relevant while I'm away.

 

Donghae: What the heck does that mean?

 

Joori: You know how this industry works, out of sight, out of mind. You being visible would mean people won't forget about me while I'm away. Isn't it cool that our names are synonymous with each other?

 

Donghae: I guess

 

Joori: I almost forgot why I called. We are shooting at a very rural area. I know I promised to visit every 2 weeks but the schedule and the location, we might be looking at 1-2 months

 

Donghae: (was quiet all of a sudden, he has not really thought about the consequences of being apart that long, maybe it will be good for them, maybe it will rekindle their relationship)

 

Joori: Babe? Babe, I'm sorry. Are you upset? Please don't be, I can't rush to see you, I miss you

 

Donghae: I miss you too. Please take care and we can video chat next time.

 

Joori: Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter