Chapter 11

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae decided to call Jongwoon. He was worried about Dara. He honestly did not expect that reaction. He thought she would be grateful.

 

Donghae: Hyung, I don't know what I did wrong...(Donghae started to say before he even said hello, then proceeded to tell Jongwoon about what happened)

 

Jongwoon: I still can't believe you called Chulie to ask a favor. Are you in speaking terms now?

Donghae: He seemed to be okay now that Joori and I are no longer dating. He wanted to meet up with us but he said he didn't have free time this month. You know how busy he is.

Jongwoon: Yes, and I can understand why you had to go to him, he is the only one who has that many connections in the industry

Donghae: I think it's time for us to reconnect. We're all getting older. I would hate to think that we won't be in each other's life when we get married and have kids. 

Jongwoon: I didn't know you had time to think about marriage and kids when you've just broken up.

Donghae: It's been months, hyung. I think I'm over her.

Jongwoon: Have you seen or talked to her after you broke up?

Donghae: No, but...

Jongwoon: Then you can't be too sure. The only way to find out how you feel towards her is when you see her again.

Donghae: Hyung, it wouldn't have worked between us anyway. I want to settle down and all she seems to think about is her career. I think I'm sure this time.

Jongwoon: Well, you know how you feel best. I just don't want you to move on to the next relationship without knowing for sure you are over her.

Donghae: This is weird coming from you, hyung. You were very vocal about how you wanted Joori out of the picture.

Jongwoon: I just don't want you hurting someone else and I think you already know who I'm talking about.

Donghae: (Sighing) So you think I should not go through with this?

Jongwoon: Ask Dara what's bothering her about the two of you working together. Then whatever her decision is, respect that.

Donghae: Okay, I will.

Donghae did not call nor text Dara the following days. She said she needed to think about the project. He admits he should have told her his plans but he thought they were close enough for that not to matter anymore. Why was she so upset? Donghae looked at his phone contemplating whether he should call or  not, then his phone rang and it was Dara.

Dara: Donghae, I'm sorry. I didn't know why I acted the way I did. I'll see you when we start filming on Monday.

Donghae: Okay (deciding to to give a short reply  because he didn't know what else to say)

The following week, Dara was looking for Donghae to give him his cup of coffee. She found him at his trailer getting ready for the shoot

Dara: Good morning (smiling), here's your coffee

Donghae: Thanks, I didn't know you were bringing me coffee

Dara: Did you forget about what I said a few days ago? I said sorry, so the coffee's on me

Donghae: Ohh, okay, thanks. Are you ready for today?

Dara: Yes, thank you for doing this Donghae.

Donghae: Anytime.

The first shoot went well. Dara was grateful that she didn't feel awkward at a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter