Chapter 8

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae wanted to drink and sleep off his emotions during the flight. Donghae called for the stewardess to give him alcohol. He was not hurt, he was angry. Angry at himself for not knowing any better. What did he expect? He was way over his head thinking she was going to be content with whatever he can offer. Deep down inside he thinks Joori always looked down on him. That he was some stray she took pity on. Someone who will never be able to provide her with her needs. 

 

Jongwoon looked at his friend while driving him home. Something bad must have happened for him to be in this state. Donghae called prior to boarding and just told him his flight details, no explanation whatsoever. Jongwoon knew then that it was serious but he was seriously curious if Donghae and Joori have split up. He got him to the bedroom then he went back to get the luggage. He was about to leave when Donghae called out to him.

 

Donghae: Hyung...thanks...and you were right...

 

Jongwoon: What did you say?

 

Donghae fell back to sleep. Jongwoon thought, I was right? So it does sound like a break up. He can't wait for Donghae to tell him how it happened.

 

Dara was busy helping out Ji Eun prepare for a dinner party with friends. She has not met Chulie yet and was looking forward to it. She heard he was a lot of fun. The doorbell rang.

 

Ji Eun: Oh that's them, I'm not even done 

 

Dara: Let me get that for you. I can finish up here then I'll join you guys later.

 

Ji Eun: Are you sure?

 

Dara: Yeah, this won't be long.

 

She can hear Chulie from the kitchen. They have not even said their greetings when he started talking about the latest gossip with Ji Eun and Suki.

 

Chulie: Guess who's gone to Splitsville?

 

Ji Eun: Jay?

 

Chulie: You wish. It's Donghae and Joori.

 

Suki: Wait, what? since when?

 

Chulie: What's it to you? Aren't you dating that Minho guy?

 

Suki: Maybe. But go on...

 

Chulie: Nothing gets past me, girl. This is actually so fresh even Dispatch has not heard of it yet. It looks like Joori's camp has no plans of confirming the news because it would make her look bad.

 

Ji Eun: Why is that?

 

Chulie: Because she is  now dating a Chinese billionaire, who happens to be married. Maybe she's hoping he will divorce the wife and marry her.

 

Dara went out of the kitchen and brought the stew they were waiting on.

 

Chulie: Oh I finally get to meet you, Dara. Perfect timing, just like how perfect your boyfriend's timing was

 

Dara: Nice to meet you too, Chulie. He is not my boyfriend though

 

Chulie: But you have yet to deny it publicly, correct?

 

Dara: Maybe on his next project he'll move on to his next co-star

 

Chulie: As expected. So you'll be available for whomever comes next

 

Ji Eun: (was quiet for a while, what did Chulie now about Dara liking Donghae)

Let's eat, we can talk all you want later, Chulie

 

Dara was glad Chulie moved on to the next topic of his interest after they ate dinner. She didn't know how to process the information she just found o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter