Chapter 6

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was on his way to the airport to pick up Joori. She said she will visit every 2 weeks, Donghae laughed, more like every 6 months. But her filming is halfway done so they only have 6 more months to bear. He wondered if it would be the right time to propose when she gets back. They've been together for several years now, isn't it just the right time for them to progress to marriage? Who is he kidding? He doesn't know what he really wants. He feels like he is in a river slowly getting towards the rapids and that sudden drop...wait, did he really just compare his love life to a turbulent body of water? Donghae shook his head as if to clear his thoughts. He saw his girlfriend at the pick up area waiting for him. Was it just him or did she have a lot of luggage this time around? She also seemed to be over dressed, almost like a peacock preening.

 

Joori: Babe!!! I missed you!!!! (Hugging Donghae and was about to kiss him on the lips)

 

Donghae: Babe, not here, you can see all the photographers taking pictures, right?

 

Joori: Oh, let's give them something to talk about

 

Donghae: Let's not (hurriedly loading Joori's luggage in the car)

 

Joori usually would have started a fight over Donghae's grumpiness but she did not want the media to see.

 

Joori: This is not the welcome I was expecting..

 

Donghae: You know how I want to keep things private

 

Joori: Oh yes, like when you took a cab home because you had to drive some "friend" home

 

Donghae: How do you even get to know about these things?

 

Joori: Remember, I have eyes everywhere. Babe, I trust you, I don't trust the women around you, whether you consider them friends or what-not.

 

Donghae: And what else did you find out?

 

Joori: Nothing since that night, so you're forgiven, did you miss me?

 

Donghae: I did. 

 

Joori: Good. I have a lot to show you later. 

 

Dara was in a waiting room at the press conference for the drama. She has just finished her make up done when she saw the pictures online. She didn't realize how it hurts so much to see him being hugged by his girlfriend. Someone he loves back. She became teary eyed for some reason. 

 

Dara: (talking aloud) Stop being a drama queen Dara!

 

Then she heard someone behind her. She spun around to see who it was.

 

Dara: You scared me! (Dropping her tablet on her lap)

 

Hyun Bung: But you are a queen, in a drama. What's wrong? (Seeing what Dara was looking at) We're about to start.

 

Dara: Someone else could have told me, a PA, the manager...

 

Hyun Byung: I wanted to you to the conference hall.

 

Dara: I see, I'm sorry, thanks.

 

The conference started as soon as they came in. Dara didn't realize how personal the questions could be. Someone asked why s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter