Chapter 9

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara woke up to her phone ringing. She didn't realize she over slept. It's almost noon, good thing it was the weekend.

 

Dara: Hello? (she answered groggily)

 

JeA: Wake up sunshine! What have you been up to?!

 

Dara: You are awfully cheerful today

 

JeA: Dara, awful and cheerful should not be used together in a sentence

 

Dara: Says who?

 

JeA: Aish, never mind. Are you awake now?

 

Dara: Yes.

 

JeA: I'm on my way. I'm bringing brunch.

 

Dara wondered what that was all about. JeA never brought food over, alcohol maybe but not food, she wondered what was up. When JeA arrived she realized it was more than just brunch, JeA planned an entire day for them.

 

Dara: Okay you're scaring me. What's going on? 

 

JeA: Can't I just spend time with my friend?

 

Dara: That just made it more suspicious, what is happening?!

 

JeA: Someone suggested that I should treat you today to food, shopping, and a spa treatment. All of your favorites.

 

Dara: Who? Why?

 

JeA: You'll know later after we get done at the spa.

 

Dara: And you're paying for all of it?

 

JeA: Well...okay, Donghae told me to treat you, he's paying for it and the guys will meet us later for dinner.

 

Dara: He really didn't have to, it was just a misunderstanding

 

JeA: He must have felt really guilty to do this, he's not one to splurge, but I'm glad I get to go too. Let's eat before this gets cold.

 

Dara: I don't think we need to go shopping, that will be too much. 

 

JeA: Good, then I get to keep the money.

 

Dara: What?! No, give it back.

 

JeA: Just kidding. I will, of course.

 

They still ended up shopping...window shopping that is. She liked that she got to spend time with JeA. It has been a while since they went out. They became friends when she was still training. She usually helped pick her outfits since she did not have a stylist when she was a trainee. She loved shopping...and spa treatments...and food, of course. They were in the sauna when Dara remembered to ask something.

 

Dara: JeA, how did Donghae know about what I liked?

 

JeA: He asked me.

 

Dara: Oh, when?

 

JeA: Just this morning

 

Dara: I see

 

JeA: What really happened btw? He seemed really determined to make it up to you.

 

Dara: He got upset when he overheard me asking about the break up

 

JeA: Oh, I see. It is a sensitive topic...and I heard even Chulie's name was mentioned, an even more sensitive topic.

 

Dara: Oh? Why is that?

 

JeA: Chulie never put up with Joori unlike Jongwoon. Then, Jay and Ji Eun broke up and that sort of ended things for them.

 

Dara: I didn't know you knew about that too.

 

JeA: There were really five of us who hung out together. I was like their mascot rather than their muse. Jay left first, then Chulie got mad at Jongwoon for taking Donghae's side and stopped talking to them all together. That was when Seven and I got into a relationship because we were the ones left meeting each other regularly. It was a tough and messy time.

 

Dara: I'm sorry to hear about it. Sometimes losing friends almost hurts the same as a break up.


JeA: That's true.

Meanwhile, Donghae, Jongwoon, and Seven were waiting for JeA and Dara at the restaurant

Seven: I wish I got upset with Donghae too. Look how much he's spending to make it up to Dara.

 

Donghae: Am I not treating everyone? I am making it up to all of you.

 

Jongwoon: Why do you need to?

 

Donghae: I know that you are all happy that Joori and I broke up but you never say it straight to my face. You've put up with her, have been civil to her, even if you did not like for me. I should be thankful for that. 

 

Seven: What are friends for? And speaking of friends, that seems to be JeA and Dara on their way here

 

Donghae looked back and saw Dara. She was smiling and glowing. He noticed before how beautiful she was but she was even more beautiful now.

 

Joongwon: Seems like you had fun today, you're both glowing.

 

JeA and Dara sat down and Jongwoon noticed that both Donghae and Seven were quiet. 

 

Jongwoon: Hey, shall we order?(waving his hand at the two guys who seemed starstruck)

 

Donghae: Yes, of course. What do you guys want?

 

JeA: I would like to try the wagyu but I heard it is really expensive here

 

Donghae: It's fine, go ahead and order it

 

Seven: Whoa! I like this new you, Donghae. 

 

Dara: Thank you for today Donghae. You didn't have to but I really appreciate it (smiling at Donghae)

 

Donghae's POV: She really should smile a lot, she is breathtakingly beautiful. Wait, what are you doing Donghae? You just got out of a long term relationship, this is not the right time to jump into another one.

 

Donghae: You're welcome. (he smiled back)

 

Dara's POV: Stop it Dara, that was a smile from a friend. This is not a date. This is a dinner party with friends. Don't get your hopes up.

 

When they were about to go home, Donghae offered to drive Dara home. JeA agreed since it made sense for her to drop off both Seven and Jongwoon on the way home. Dara felt awkward riding in Donghae's car. It felt different this time, he is no longer taken, he is up for grabs, Dara thought. Donghae looked at her when she chuckled.

 

Donghae: What's so funny?

 

Dara: Nothing.

 

Donghae: It's okay if you don't want to share it

 

Dara: No really, it was nothing.

 

Donghae: You smell so good (Donghae blurted out)

 

Dara: What?!

 

Donghae: (Flustered) I mean, something smells good..

 

Dara: Oh, right, it must be the essential oils from the spa

 

Both got quiet all of a sudden, Donghae embarrassed about what he just sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter