Chapter 1

I Choose You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara called out to whomever was home that she was back from the shoot. She has a small part in an action-suspense movie. She was trying to get acting jobs while waiting for her debut as an idol. Dara’s sister came out of her room seemingly excited about seeing her home.

 

Dara: Don’t get your hopes up, the scene might not even be included in the movie. Unless you see me on the big screen, I wouldn’t count that as my debut.

 

Durami: Oh, I was not curious about that, I wanted to ask about Donghae. Is he really that good-looking in person?

 

Dara: You mean the lead guy?

 

Durami: Yeah! Was he nice?

 

Dara: I don’t know, we didn’t have a scene together. I saw him briefly while he was walking back to his trailer. I don't think he even saw me.

 

Durami: And then what?

 

Dara: Nothing. 

 

Durami: Hmm, he must really be in a relationship with that actress for him not to notice you.

 

Dara: Sis, contrary to popular belief, my looks don’t necessarily work for everyone. Besides, we didn’t even get introduced. And I’m not into muscular guys.

 

Durami: Psshh, if it were me who had that kind of opportunity, I would have done everything to get him to notice me. 

 

Dara: I hope someday you’ll have the chance to chase after your Donghae.

 

Durami: He’s not “my” Donghae, I actually wanted to pair him up with you.

 

Dara: Huh? Why would you want to do that?

 

Durami: Because I think you’d look cute together....and I also don’t want him to end up with just any girl who does not deserve him.

 

Dara: You really need to get out more. All you ever think about now is k-entertainment.

 

Durami: What else is there to concern myself with?

 

Dara: (shaking her head) I don’t know...like your studies maybe?

 

Durami: Oh yeah... I almost forgot, I have to finish a paper that’s due...talk to you later

 

Dara went to her room to change clothes then went out to find something to eat in their kitchen. After reheating a bowl of bibimbap, Dara sat down to think about whether she should pursue acting. She has been training for several years now and most of her friends have either quit, had their debut or have disbanded. She went back home instead of staying at the dorm because she felt she was too old to live with the new trainees.

 

Dara’s Mom: How did it go?

 

Dara: I don’t know, I hope I don’t get edited out.

 

Dara’s Mom: Why are you so negative? Maybe acting is what you’re supposed to do instead of being an idol.

 

Dara: Mom, weren’t you the one who said follow your dreams and don’t quit.

 

Dara’s Mom: I’m just saying maybe if you don’t end up being an idol, you can still be an actress.

 

Dara: (Sighing) I don’t know, we’ll see.

 

Donghae was in a hurry to make it in time to meet his girlfriend. She usually worries when he’s late. 

 

Donghae: Hi! Have you been waiting long?

 

Joori: Why do I always have to be the one to wait for you?

 

Donghae: I just got off a shoot. You know what it’s like. I haven’t even slept yet. 

 

Joori: So that means you will have to leave early because you’re tired?

 

Donghae: I just got here, we’ve got plenty of time.

 

Joori: I already don’t get to see you that often and now it seems like being with me i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter