Nine

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon let out a small sigh of relief when she heard slight humming coming from the kitchen. Jihyo was home and that was all that mattered to her. She hurried inside, turning the corner to see her wife already cooking something in the kitchen. She walked towards her, standing right behind her and wrapped her arms around her waist.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Nayeon whispered.

“I’m not home for a long while though.” Jihyo sighed, turning around to look at Nayeon.

“How long?” She frowned.

“A month.” Jihyo pouted.

“Longer than before.” Nayeon gave her a small smile, happy that she was at least home that long instead of just two weeks at a time. “When will it all be done?” She whispered.

“After my month break, I’ll need to be back on the set for three weeks. Then I’m home for a while.” JIhyo explained. She placed her hands on Nayeon’s shoulders, slowly moving them up to cup her face when she saw the tiredness in her expression. “I know you hate how much I work…. But it’s barely enough to get by..”

“I know. Why do you think I’ve been working so much?” Nayeon frowned.

“You deserve a break…” Jihyo sighed. “You deserve someone who can actually help instead of barely.” She turned herself back around, putting all of her focus back on the food she was preparing. Nayeon pulled her closer, holding her tight against her front. “Nayeon..” Jihyo whispered.

“You know I love you so much. I don’t care that your job is entry and the pay is terrible. I told you I didn’t mind working.” She whispered into her wife’s ear.

“I don’t deserve you.” Jihyo sighed.

“And I don’t deserve you either.” Nayeon smiled before pressing her lips to her cheek. “I’m going to wash up. Where’s Moguri?” She asked.

“In her room playing.” Jihyo answered. “We need to plan her party soon. Need to invite lots of people since she’s in school now.” She sighed.

“About that…” Nayeon muttered.

“We invite Mina.” Jihyo glared.

“Why? We adopted her. She’s ours. Not hers.” Nayeon growled.

“We go through this every year. Nayeon, we told her she could have a relationship with her.” Jihyo snapped.

Nayeon glared at her wife, knowing that she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter