Three

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina never in a million years did she think she would be standing in an empty apartment that was way out of her price range. Sana and Jeongyeon stood with the realtor, listening to her go on about the apartment and why it was a great investment.

She stood off to the side, looking out one of the windows. It was incredibly fancy, the view was amazing, and the only thing bothering her was how she was going to pay the rent and still feed her best friends. How would they get to school? Sure it was a lot closer to their school now, but how would they? They would still need bus fare to get there, money for lunches when she can’t pack them…

“What are you thinking about?” Jeongyeon’s voice pulled her from her own mind.

“How I’m going to be able to afford this..” Mina whispered.

“Don’t worry about that. We have that covered.” Jeongyeon scoffed, waving her hand in dismissal.

“I can’t let you do that. Why would you do all of this for me?” Mina frowned. She watched as Jeongyeon stared out the window, not once sparing her a glance. “Why?” Mina repeated, she wanted answers. She wanted to know why they were giving her special attention. Why her of all people.Sure, she was trading her body in favor for money, but this? All of this was too much.

“Just stop asking questions… And accept it. Someone like you deserves nice things every once in a while.” Jeongyeon stated calmly. “As do your friends.”

 

--

 

Jeongyeon watched as Sana played with Tzuyu in the living room in front of her. Both of them giggling to their heart's content in front of her. She couldn’t believe she had someone in her life like Sana. She also couldn’t believe they had the best daughter in the world. Yes, she was biased, but she loved her family.

“Momma, can we watch cartoons?” Tzuyu giggled while walking over to Jeongyeon.

“Only for a little while, you have to sleep soon.” Jeongyeon smiled.

She watched as the five year old climbed up on the couch next to her, pulling the remote into her lap and clicked the channel with her cartoons. Sana stood up from the floor, heading over to sit next to her wife.

“Do you think Mina is going to be okay?” Sana whispered.

“I think she will be. She’s pretty tough.” Jeongyeon answered, wrapping an arm around her wife. “Everything will work out.” She smiled.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter