Twelve

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu didn’t understand why her mother was busy all of the time. Even on weekends, the days she most looked forward to, were busy. She found herself more at Mina’s house than her own home. It didn’t upset her fully, she loved Mina, but at the same time, she just wanted her own mother.

She sat herself on Mina’s bed, pouting slightly as she watched Mina set it up for her. She didn’t understand why she had to stay the night here, and she was not having it.

“Okay…” Mina breathed to herself. “You’ve taken care of Momo overnight before.” She whispered. “It’s just Tzuyu.” She added. She stood back up, looking at the little girl who was dressed in her little sleep outfit holding her stuffed dog. “Come on.” Mina chuckled. She held her hands out, watching Tzuyu scramble towards her.

“Why do I have go bed now?” Tzuyu pouted.

“Because your mommy said that your bedtime was now.” Mina explained while tucking her into her own bed.

“But I’m not sleepy.” Tzuyu whined before yawning.

“Yes you are.” Mina chuckled. She pulled the blanket over Tzuyu and her stuffed dog, letting her get comfortable before turning off the light.

Tzuyu watched as Mina kept the door cracked, allowing some light to come into the bedroom. She missed her own bed, and especially her own night light. Her little puppy night light that she had picked out a few months ago when her old one had died. She just wanted to be back at home, but for some reason she had to stay the night with Mina.

She couldn’t help but think about her mother, wanting her to hold her until she held like most nights, reading her stories and making her feel special. It wasn’t long before she started crying, little tears streaming down her cheeks as she buried her face into her stuffed dog.

Mina sat on the couch with Dahyun and Chaeyoung, the three of them watching a movie. She had an odd feeling in her stomach, something telling her to check on Tzuyu.

“I’ll be back.” Mina whispered. “I need to check on her.”

“Alright.” Chaeyoung muttered, eyes glued to the tv screen.

Mina quietly made her way down the hall, peeking in to hear Tzuyu’s little sobs. Her heart broke for the little girl, thinking maybe she wasn’t comfortable. She knew better than to interrupt Sana, but this was her kid… Not Mina’s.

“Hey..” Mina whispered as she walked in. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter