Fourteen

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ten weeks along.” The doctor smiled at Mina, handing her a photo of the little baby that was growing inside of her. Her smile faded when she saw the tired look on her face. “Is everything okay?” She asked.

“It’s… Complicated. And everything is overwhelming right now.” Mina sighed. “My last pregnancy wasn’t like this.” She added.

“Oh, you have a little one at home?” The doctor asked, trying to make the conversation somewhat lighter.

“No… Gave her up for adoption.” Mina whispered. “I.. Couldn’t take care of her at the time. My friend took her in. So, I see her, but she doesn’t know anything.” She explained. “Sorry…” She looked up at the doctor, seeing her solemn expression.

“It’s okay.” The doctor placed a hand on her knee, allowing her to feel some kind of comfort. “Everyone goes through life differently.” She added.

Every doctor’s visit, she had gotten to know her doctor more and more. More so to the point of them joking around and telling each other about their private lives than need be.

“You didn’t try it… Did you.” Her doctor chuckled.

“No… I was working.” Mina complained. “Everything has been slightly hectic in my house for a bit Dr. Kang.” She sighed.

“Call me Seulgi.” She smiled. “And I believe it, everything just seems like a whirlwind of everything.” She chuckled.

Mina liked Seulgi, she really did. Everything about her just seemed fun rather than straight to the point. It wasn’t until she was getting ready to leave her appointment when Seulgi had approached her.

“Um… I know this is probably the biggest long shot… but I was wondering… if maybe you wanted to go out for dinner some time?” Seulgi stammered over a few words, obviously nervous about asking her out.

“Wouldn’t that be kinda… Bad?” Mina frowned.

“Well yeah, but if you say yes I can refer you to another really great doctor that I personally would trust.” Seulgi quickly stated. She had this all planned. Everything was planned in her head, and she didn’t want to have her say no either.

“Well… Okay.” Mina smiled.

 

--

 

Everything had been going great. Her date had gone smoothly and she actually wanted to get to know her more. Everything about Seulgi just left Mina wanting more.

“How’s the new doctor?” Seulgi asked one night.

“Great. She’s really great.” Mina answered, looking down at her half eaten plate. “She asked why I had transferred.” She chuckled.

“Oh?” Seulgi smiled.

“I didn’t know what to say.” Mina smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter