Eight

Unforeseen Circumstances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina found herself right in the middle of something she didn’t want. She was turning into Tzuyu’s new babysitter rather than the prior gig she had… Instead of doing favors for the couple, now she was just being paid to watch Tzuyu after the nanny needed to leave.

“Help.” Tzuyu pouted, looking up at Mina. Mina walked over, seeing her worksheet. She frowned when she saw how simple the math was, but knew she was barely in kindergarten.

“Did you learn this today in class?” Mina asked her before sitting on the floor with her.

“Yeah, but I don’t get it.” Tzuyu huffed.

“Math isn’t fun.” Mina scrunched up her nose, letting out a small laugh. “How about we do it this way.” She stood back up, walking into her kitchen and pulled out a few grapes. She placed them on a napkin and walked back to Tzuyu, setting them on the table. “You have four grapes.” She pulled four from the bunch, placing them in front of her. “Then, you take away two. How many are left?” She smiled. She watched as Tzuyu counted what was left, and frowned.

“2?” She asked quietly.

“Yes!” Mina beamed. Tzuyu let out a giggle before writing her answer down, and chose to use the grapes to help her as she snacked on them.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly, up until Tzuyu’s nanny had quit.

“What??” Mina gasped when Sana told her the news.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do.” Sana whispered with her head in her hands. “I can’t keep working like this and take care of Tzuyu.” She frowned.

“Why can’t Jeongyeon help? She’s your wife and mother to Tzuyu isn’t she?” Mina asked, a little confused as to why Sana was the only one doing everything.

“We…” Sana looked up at her before letting out a small sigh. “We’re in the middle of something… And she’s out of the country for a movie.” She explained. It wasn’t an entire lie, just a half truth.

“Oh.. Well… I could watch her, it’s not a big deal.” Mina shrugged. “She’s already used to me.” She added. Mina looked down at the little girl who had been coloring away in her coloring book without a care in the world.

“I couldn’t, and you work your other job…” Sana frowned.

“It’s fine! It really is.” Mina smiled.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter